Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Whole Truth (rerun) - 05/30

Comments

• Options
    NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    Torn between going all out for Tuvok and settling for making Rom 4/5. Wonder when we’ll get the mega details...
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    NS111111 wrote: »
    Torn between going all out for Tuvok and settling for making Rom 4/5. Wonder when we’ll get the mega details...
    Probably Friday morning. So could get to 400k and then see.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    So exactly what episode is Resilient Tuvok from? I thought the art would make it obvious, but I can’t tell.
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    So exactly what episode is Resilient Tuvok from? I thought the art would make it obvious, but I can’t tell.

I believe he's from the "Year of Hell" episode.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Yes he is from Year of Hell. I think this scene is from where the artwork was taken. You can see in the artwork he has been injured like he was in the episode when his eyesight was destroyed by a krenim torpedo blast and his uniform is dirty like it was in the episode.
    r87sdyg4eddj.png
    rsegjfl4zfdm.gif
    4alw8q82mztq.gif

Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorite episodes of all Star Trek, but the concept of Tuvok surviving without so much as drywall between him and a torpedo detonation was beyond preposterous.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorite episodes of all Star Trek, but the concept of Tuvok surviving without so much as drywall between him and a torpedo detonation was beyond preposterous.

It's clearly explained by his unique vulcan physiology.... even for a vulcan
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

He’s clearly tougher than Admiral Cornwell. :)

:D:D:D
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited May 2019

We know the torpedo was broken in at least one way because it did not detonate on contact. It is quite possible that it was broken in another way and did not explode with full force when it did go off. Or to sum up more simply...
    z7efreavzl4b.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, would have liked the 4* crew reversed personally. Just because I need one Paris Star, and I cleared out Baku Worf in one of the 1*/4* purges.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    I think the artwork is waaaaaay too generic for Tuvok, you could glance at that and have no idea what time he's from... They should have had him blind shaving or something... Maybe just me, but I don't like it

Totally agree. Far too subtle to really understand what you're supposed to be seeing. Or that he's not seeing.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess who forgot his immortal Grand Nagus Rom was on a voyage? This guy. Oops. Delta Flyer Paris and Krenim Guest Paris to the rescue, at least for the next couple of hours while my voyage returns.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess who forgot his immortal Grand Nagus Rom was on a voyage? This guy. Oops. Delta Flyer Paris and Krenim Guest Paris to the rescue, at least for the next couple of hours while my voyage returns.

You could just, you know, wait...

Ya, I would strongly recommend waiting. You're missing out on a lot of potential SRs.
  • Options
    NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    Went for a quick Rom and out strategy.

Even at 4/5 he’s useless...
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

He’s clearly tougher than Admiral Cornwell. :)

Daaaaaaaamn. Too soon, @Dirk Gunderson. Too soon! :cry:

Anyway, I'm done with this event. Paris & Worf are both now IMM, Rom has a 2nd star, and so does Anij thanks to the threshold 10x pull. Someone remind me in the next one that I find Johnny Cash calming while slogging through Galaxy Events.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    First community reward at 1 hour 28 minutes, the second around 3 hours into the event. Top scorer already over 1 million VP.

I think this is going to be a very competitive event for a rerun.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree - I have reached the old threshold (third SR, 130K) and I'm not even in the top 1500!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    The max VP per crafted item is 1550 this time around, I think it's usually 1050. This will probably inflate the scores quite a bit, but the relative ranking should stay around the same. After all, even competitive players can't earn more chrons than before.
    This should make things easier for the people who are mostly in it for the threshold rewards.
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    The mega event characters are sweet(except for maybe neelix). Looks like good characters and a nice story, I just wonder who the mega is going to be.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flay wrote: »
    The max VP per crafted item is 1550 this time around, I think it's usually 1050. This will probably inflate the scores quite a bit, but the relative ranking should stay around the same. After all, even competitive players can't earn more chrons than before.
    This should make things easier for the people who are mostly in it for the threshold rewards.

I DID notice this. I couldn't remember if this was from the original run of the event, or if this is a new change
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    might be a change since people were upset how hard it was for newer players to get the rerun legendary?
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldude wrote: »
    Flay wrote: »

I DID notice this. I couldn't remember if this was from the original run of the event, or if this is a new change

It's from the original. This is one of three events IIRC with the different scoring.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's from the original. This is one of three events IIRC with the different scoring.

That would explain it. I was still a junior player during the first run, I definitely didn't take note of the scoring change. I was still ranking in the over 10K club back in those days!
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just hit 400K and got my Grand Nagus Rom. 4 and a half hours in, and I'm rank 133.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

You could just, you know, wait...

Ya, I would strongly recommend waiting. You're missing out on a lot of potential SRs.

I ran enough missions to get a sense of what components were necessary and then stopped. As it turns out, I have no 1* backpacks...you'd think that would be a thing in good supply aboard an exploratory vessel.
  • Options
    I guess I see why people voted for month of hell and I can see why it's a popular episode, but I never cared for it. It all ends in a reset button so everything that happened was meaningless.

If there had been lasting consequences it would have been great. Year of Hell is what Voyager should have been the whole time. Basically what the reboot Battlestar Galactica became.