Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Scarlet Resonance - 06/27 - ME part 4

Comments

• Options
    Something was wrong with all my screenshots but he is in the 14th minute of caretaker. The actor is Scott Jaeck. ffn4x8udi4ca.jpeg
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a terrific thread about who the best first officers are...

...but did Voyager actually have one before Chakotay showed up when the crews merged? It wouldn't have been Tuvok since he was undercover...was there one that we never saw on the show, but in theory could in this game?

Yes. He was killed along with Voyagers original CMO, Chief Engineer and Helmsman during the trip to the Delta quadrant.
    I feel so bad for the actors that played those parts every time I see the pilot. Like they told their families they are going to be in the new star trek series that will be on for years and then they show up on set and find out that their characters die in the first episode. And to this day Voyager comes on the television to mock them and their family members say, "hey, weren't you supposed to be on that show?"
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

...but did Voyager actually have one before Chakotay showed up when the crews merged? It wouldn't have been Tuvok since he was undercover...was there one that we never saw on the show, but in theory could in this game?

Yes. He was killed along with Voyagers original CMO, Chief Engineer and Helmsman during the trip to the Delta quadrant.
    I feel so bad for the actors that played those parts every time I see the pilot. Like they told their families they are going to be in the new star trek series that will be on for years and then they show up on set and find out that their characters die in the first episode. And to this day Voyager comes on the television to mock them and their family members say, "hey, weren't you supposed to be on that show?"

I'm fairly sure they were cast as one time guest stars. Voyager wasn't looking to fool people with unexpected deaths at the start. They cast for a former Maquis captain who would be first officer, they cast for a convict who would be the pilot. Those parts were known as the series regulars. The people sitting in the chairs at the start of the episode new they were guest stars being killed off.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, they know they're one-timers, but it still must kind of burn a little bit, right?

I have the same feeling for the partner that Danny Reagan has in the pilot for Blue Bloods. Dude's body (but not face) can be seen briefly in the opening credit roll of every single episode. (He's in the background behind Danny as they walk down some random alley.) Sure, he probably knew he wasn't getting a call-back after the pilot, but they still used a scene he was in to promote the show, every single week for 8 years, 9 years, what is it now? I doubt he's getting residuals from that.
  • Options
    But hey, at least Roga Danar was the CMO. That was cool.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Not overly digging the art for Chuckles. I mean it's okay I guess, but...

8edimfrmovh9.jpg
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

8edimfrmovh9.jpg

Oh man, that Chakotay is not great. At least he looks like Robert Beltran, and not David Duchovny.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something was wrong with all my screenshots but he is in the 14th minute of caretaker. The actor is Scott Jaeck. ffn4x8udi4ca.jpeg

You know because he only got 15 seconds of screen time, that warrants him a Gold card from DB at some point. :p

6* crew
  • Options

8edimfrmovh9.jpg

I think it looks pretty good. Here were some images I could find to compare it to.

2jg80fn7ah3g.jpg
    14mz3owp8l3x.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

8edimfrmovh9.jpg

I think it looks pretty good. Here were some images I could find to compare it to.

2jg80fn7ah3g.jpg
    14mz3owp8l3x.gif

Agreed. The head is a little oddly shaped but the lighting and fine details are excellent. They could do (and have done) a lot worse.
  • Options

8edimfrmovh9.jpg

Chakotay and Reno appear to staring at something in the distance while McCoy seems baffled and lost in this situation.
  • Options
    wfgwfg ✭✭

8edimfrmovh9.jpg

Chakotay and Reno appear to staring at something in the distance while McCoy seems baffled and lost in this situation.

Probably not an entirely inaccurate description of what the character narratives will be for this event.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

8edimfrmovh9.jpg

Someone at DB has a sense of humour and must have read your post...

Found in the Event Wiki
    ndfarsga2im9.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Captain QCaptain Q ✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

8edimfrmovh9.jpg

Oh man, that Chakotay is not great. At least he looks like Robert Beltran, and not David Duchovny.

That's not Robert! That's Adam Rodrigues, after a few too many burgers!!!

f98bde4bcd8deb577408a7f0d3bd341d.jpg

Chuckles... :D
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

8edimfrmovh9.jpg

I have the same look when my beverage is empty.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Q wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »

8edimfrmovh9.jpg

f98bde4bcd8deb577408a7f0d3bd341d.jpg

Chuckles... :D

z4bm85i44q2k.jpg
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

He was in the show for a couple of minutes I’m the beginning, then he tragically died in the transfer to the delta Quadrant

Lieutenant Commander Davit was the First Officer. {Lieutenant Stadi was the Betazed Helmsman.}

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caretaker_(Star_Trek:_Voyager)

Main bridge characters in "Caretaker" of Voyager[7]

Captain Kathryn Janeway (Kate Mulgrew), who commands the starship USS Voyager
    Lt. Commander Cavit (Scott Jaeck),[8] her first officer when they set out from Deep Space Nine
    Lieutenant Stadi (Alicia Coppola),[9] the Betazoid Helm Officer
    Ensign Harry Kim (Garrett Wang), the Operations Officer
    Tom Paris (Robert Duncan McNeill), Observer/Maqui consultant
    Lt. Tuvok (Tim Russ), he is the Security/Tactical officer of Voyager but is working as a spy on Maqui ship Val Jean
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options

Could be worse. Do you think Genevieve Bujold told her family she was gonna be the star?!?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SIZcDWKyw0
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options

Could be worse. Do you think Genevieve Bujold told her family she was gonna be the star?!?!?

Except that she quit. The others whose characters died were not given the option to stay on the show.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Except that she quit. The others whose characters died were not given the option to stay on the show.

But, before she quit, she probably planned on doing the show?
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh that Chakotay looks so weird! It's the shape of his head, it reminds me of this:
    8cv7fgdodvkn.png
  • Options
    the chakotay's art is..........so weird..
  • Options
    Though I'm a fan of chakotay, but I wont buy it.
  • Options
    Chakotay is the ultimate second in command. He does everything he can to carry out the orders of his captain while trying to temper her/his worst impulses. He did it with Janeway and then when taken prisoner by Annorax he did it with him.

You got me thinking about first officers...

Riker was too much of a womanizer and effectively just a captain-in-training under Picard. But good at carrying out orders, to be fair.

There's Chakotay, who you described nicely.

Number One has a special place in my heart for being first, though not well developed. She did the job nicely from what I saw. She laid out options and then carried out orders, sometimes (correctly) intuiting and carrying out orders before they were officially given.

Did anyone else have a first officer? Spock was next in command, but a science officer. Neither Dax not Worf had the title of first officer. Same with T'Pol and Trip.

And now I'm annoyed. It seemed like first officer was a position that came about after Kirk's time. Except that Burnham and Saru were both first officers. And I don't want to dig into those two for two reasons:
    1) It rehashes old qualms with Discovery, but more importantly...
    2) There will be spoilers best discussed in other threads.

It was a long, drawn-out way of saying it, but basically, I think Chakotay was a good first officer - better than Riker, but may and may not be as good as Number One.

Although it wasn’t really explicitly stated on screen, I think it was fairly obvious that Spock was considered to be Kirk’s first officer as well as chief science officer. For Archer’s Enterprise, it’s a little less clear - for seasons 3 and 4 I think T’Pol was the obvious default choice but, given attitudes towards Vulcans, in seasons 1 and 2 it may well have been Trip on paper but with T’Pol naturally taking over as the more experienced officer (as well as Trip being more necessary to the functioning of the engine room).

For DS9 I think it was a split job, particularly after the Defiant was delivered. Kira was the unquestioned second-in-command of Deep Space Nine when Sisko was elsewhere, on account of her being the senior Bajoran and arguably most-seasoned command officer serving aboard the station. I would argue Worf was the #2 person on board the Defiant given his years of experience aboard starships.

Worf specifically said that he commands the Defiant after Jadzia died. Prior to that she commanded it after Sisko promotion.
  • Options
    Ugh that Chakotay looks so weird! It's the shape of his head, it reminds me of this:
    8cv7fgdodvkn.png

ym0jwtaygf96.gif
  • Options
    Chakotay is the ultimate second in command. He does everything he can to carry out the orders of his captain while trying to temper her/his worst impulses. He did it with Janeway and then when taken prisoner by Annorax he did it with him.

You got me thinking about first officers...

Riker was too much of a womanizer and effectively just a captain-in-training under Picard. But good at carrying out orders, to be fair.

There's Chakotay, who you described nicely.

Number One has a special place in my heart for being first, though not well developed. She did the job nicely from what I saw. She laid out options and then carried out orders, sometimes (correctly) intuiting and carrying out orders before they were officially given.

Did anyone else have a first officer? Spock was next in command, but a science officer. Neither Dax not Worf had the title of first officer. Same with T'Pol and Trip.

And now I'm annoyed. It seemed like first officer was a position that came about after Kirk's time. Except that Burnham and Saru were both first officers. And I don't want to dig into those two for two reasons:
    1) It rehashes old qualms with Discovery, but more importantly...
    2) There will be spoilers best discussed in other threads.

It was a long, drawn-out way of saying it, but basically, I think Chakotay was a good first officer - better than Riker, but may and may not be as good as Number One.

Although it wasn’t really explicitly stated on screen, I think it was fairly obvious that Spock was considered to be Kirk’s first officer as well as chief science officer. For Archer’s Enterprise, it’s a little less clear - for seasons 3 and 4 I think T’Pol was the obvious default choice but, given attitudes towards Vulcans, in seasons 1 and 2 it may well have been Trip on paper but with T’Pol naturally taking over as the more experienced officer (as well as Trip being more necessary to the functioning of the engine room).

For DS9 I think it was a split job, particularly after the Defiant was delivered. Kira was the unquestioned second-in-command of Deep Space Nine when Sisko was elsewhere, on account of her being the senior Bajoran and arguably most-seasoned command officer serving aboard the station. I would argue Worf was the #2 person on board the Defiant given his years of experience aboard starships.

Worf specifically said that he commands the Defiant after Jadzia died. Prior to that she commanded it after Sisko promotion.
    Remember though that the show was about Deep Space Nine not the Defiant. Neither Dax nor Worf ever outranked Kira there.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Captain Q wrote: »

I was going to say Michael Pena, but yeah, more Rodrigues!