Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Scarlet Resonance - 06/27 - ME part 4

Comments

• Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...who else can't wait for the ingame explanation of how Dukat ended up in 1893???
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    So, wait... Is this a mistake?

Did they think Frederick La Rouque and the male Devidian carrying the Ophidian cane were the same character? v5wxra4hcxs4.jpg
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s more likely that they didn’t want him standing at the table, snake is a mistake though.
  • Options
    I think it’s more likely that they didn’t want him standing at the table, snake is a mistake though.

I think you're giving DB way too much credit. He was never shown to possess any sort of cane at all, nor was he even shown standing at any point. I'm with GhostStalker that it was an inexcusable bonehead mix-up between him and the male Ophidian. Sitting at the poker table is how La Rouque was portrayed and we all remember him...what would possibly motivate them to instead depict him standing in the first place?

And having him hold the Ophidian's cane is pure disinterest in caring about any accuracy with the characters...DB has shown disregard for assigning appropriate crew traits, and this seems an extension of that carelessness.

Coming attractions... a Legendary Quark holding a water polo ball, and Samuel Clemens as the Red Angel.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I think it is cool he has the staff. We do not have the aliens in the game or anyone else holding it. This way it is in the game. He is probably the big bad guy that Janeway has been trying to warn us about. The reason for all of Janeway's erratic behavior.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    He could be an unwitting pawn of the Delphidians or an Agent for/ or manipulating them - I look forward to the storyline on this one.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    MOZangelesSDMOZangelesSD ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I think it is cool he has the staff. We do not have the aliens in the game or anyone else holding it. This way it is in the game. He is probably the big bad guy that Janeway has been trying to warn us about. The reason for all of Janeway's erratic behavior.

Just holding a staff, any other sort of staff but the Ophidian's, would be cool. But holding one clearly associated with a totally different character is just boneheaded.

And remember, that it is simply not possible for La Rouque to be the "big bad guy" Janeway is after...La Rouque is the legendary for NEXT week, after the conclusion of the mega event and storyline. So nice trying to give DB the benefit of the doubt, but no dice in this case.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭

Never say they aren't in game, only "they aren't in game YET." Hopefully we get a few more good years of this, I'm down.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasedoki wrote: »
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    La Rouque's art looks good but...not? I dunno, there's something off about it that I can't seem to pin down. Could be just me, though.
    They got Marc Alaimo's neck all wrong. But I fixed it.

kxm5664dbv6b.png

That's better than Odo's Cardassian neck trick.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    The week after a Mega is usually a re-run, correct? I kinda hope DB does a switch-er-oo and gives us a Marc Alaimo event - LaRougue, Breen Disguise Dukat, and a new super rare Gul Macet, maybe? Throw in a three-star Burt Ryan, and baby, you got a stew goin'.

And if there’s a glitch that bumps people out of the event, maybe we’ll get 300 dilithium due to a crazy loophole in the system.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torias327 wrote: »
    5mvbja8jydmo.png

This might have been my favorite part of this very enjoyable mega event. Kudos again to DB for this month.

Wow, you have so many Holodeck Enthusiasts crew.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    5mvbja8jydmo.png

This might have been my favorite part of this very enjoyable mega event. Kudos again to DB for this month.

Grats! I only need two more for the achievement and my Assimilated Torres is 4/5.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Chakotay is the ultimate second in command. He does everything he can to carry out the orders of his captain while trying to temper her/his worst impulses. He did it with Janeway and then when taken prisoner by Annorax he did it with him.

You got me thinking about first officers...

Riker was too much of a womanizer and effectively just a captain-in-training under Picard. But good at carrying out orders, to be fair.

There's Chakotay, who you described nicely.

Number One has a special place in my heart for being first, though not well developed. She did the job nicely from what I saw. She laid out options and then carried out orders, sometimes (correctly) intuiting and carrying out orders before they were officially given.

Did anyone else have a first officer? Spock was next in command, but a science officer. Neither Dax not Worf had the title of first officer. Same with T'Pol and Trip.

And now I'm annoyed. It seemed like first officer was a position that came about after Kirk's time. Except that Burnham and Saru were both first officers. And I don't want to dig into those two for two reasons:
    1) It rehashes old qualms with Discovery, but more importantly...
    2) There will be spoilers best discussed in other threads.

It was a long, drawn-out way of saying it, but basically, I think Chakotay was a good first officer - better than Riker, but may and may not be as good as Number One.

Although it wasn’t really explicitly stated on screen, I think it was fairly obvious that Spock was considered to be Kirk’s first officer as well as chief science officer. For Archer’s Enterprise, it’s a little less clear - for seasons 3 and 4 I think T’Pol was the obvious default choice but, given attitudes towards Vulcans, in seasons 1 and 2 it may well have been Trip on paper but with T’Pol naturally taking over as the more experienced officer (as well as Trip being more necessary to the functioning of the engine room).

For DS9 I think it was a split job, particularly after the Defiant was delivered. Kira was the unquestioned second-in-command of Deep Space Nine when Sisko was elsewhere, on account of her being the senior Bajoran and arguably most-seasoned command officer serving aboard the station. I would argue Worf was the #2 person on board the Defiant given his years of experience aboard starships.

Worf specifically said that he commands the Defiant after Jadzia died. Prior to that she commanded it after Sisko promotion.

I don't think that's correct. Worf and Jadzia were both Lt. Commanders, but wasn't Worf the senior officer, having been promoted to that rank earlier? He was also command track, whereas she was science track. Also, the only time I remember Jadzia commanding the Defiant was when Worf was not on board -- he was either defending DS9 or assigned to a Klingon ship.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chakotay is the ultimate second in command. He does everything he can to carry out the orders of his captain while trying to temper her/his worst impulses. He did it with Janeway and then when taken prisoner by Annorax he did it with him.

Riker was too much of a womanizer and effectively just a captain-in-training under Picard. But good at carrying out orders, to be fair.

Number One has a special place in my heart for being first, though not well developed. She did the job nicely from what I saw. She laid out options and then carried out orders, sometimes (correctly) intuiting and carrying out orders before they were officially given.

Did anyone else have a first officer? Spock was next in command, but a science officer. Neither Dax not Worf had the title of first officer. Same with T'Pol and Trip.

And now I'm annoyed. It seemed like first officer was a position that came about after Kirk's time. Except that Burnham and Saru were both first officers. And I don't want to dig into those two for two reasons:

It was a long, drawn-out way of saying it, but basically, I think Chakotay was a good first officer - better than Riker, but may and may not be as good as Number One.

Although it wasn’t really explicitly stated on screen, I think it was fairly obvious that Spock was considered to be Kirk’s first officer as well as chief science officer. For Archer’s Enterprise, it’s a little less clear - for seasons 3 and 4 I think T’Pol was the obvious default choice but, given attitudes towards Vulcans, in seasons 1 and 2 it may well have been Trip on paper but with T’Pol naturally taking over as the more experienced officer (as well as Trip being more necessary to the functioning of the engine room).

For DS9 I think it was a split job, particularly after the Defiant was delivered. Kira was the unquestioned second-in-command of Deep Space Nine when Sisko was elsewhere, on account of her being the senior Bajoran and arguably most-seasoned command officer serving aboard the station. I would argue Worf was the #2 person on board the Defiant given his years of experience aboard starships.

Worf specifically said that he commands the Defiant after Jadzia died. Prior to that she commanded it after Sisko promotion.

I don't think that's correct. Worf and Jadzia were both Lt. Commanders, but wasn't Worf the senior officer, having been promoted to that rank earlier? He was also command track, whereas she was science track. Also, the only time I remember Jadzia commanding the Defiant was when Worf was not on board -- he was either defending DS9 or assigned to a Klingon ship.

I could see a case being made for Dax being Defiant’s number one prior to Worf’s arrival, given her superior familiarity with Federation vessels and their capabilities compared to Kira, but I agree that it doesn’t make much sense once Worf is on the scene.

After a little digging on Memory Alpha, several episodes in season 4 (particularly Rejoined and Starship Down) indeed suggest that Worf, not Dax or even Kira, was the designated second-in-command on board the Defiant pretty much from the moment he accepted the position of strategic operations officer.
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭

I could see a case being made for Dax being Defiant’s number one prior to Worf’s arrival, given her superior familiarity with Federation vessels and their capabilities compared to Kira, but I agree that it doesn’t make much sense once Worf is on the scene.

After a little digging on Memory Alpha, several episodes in season 4 (particularly Rejoined and Starship Down) indeed suggest that Worf, not Dax or even Kira, was the designated second-in-command on board the Defiant pretty much from the moment he accepted the position of strategic operations officer.

Also there were several episodes discussing Worf learning to become a commander. I recall the episode when the klingons tried to set him up to be prosecuted by decloaking a seemingly civilian ship in front of the defiant during a battle, after which he had a discussion with Sisko about how different it is to "wear red", going to a party for the troops even when you don't want to, etc. I don't recall anything like that happening in any episode with Dax, she was always very science focused and just seemed to occasionally be in command because she was the ranking officer present at the time, but not generally a command officer as her role.
  • Options
    I’ve always felt that “Dax” could pull rank at anytime in an emergency.

“I’ve got 300 years of experience and if you want to live through this you’ll do what I say.”
  • Options
    I’ve always felt that “Dax” could pull rank at anytime in an emergency.

“I’ve got 300 years of experience and if you want to live through this you’ll do what I say.”

I can see Jadzia pulling that off, but Ezri? Nah.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    5mvbja8jydmo.png

Very nice! I am 4 gold stars away myself. That Collection has been the biggest challenge to date!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    After some analysis of Frederique La Rouque and my crew, I have just finished threshold and I am out for the first time in ages.

What am I going to do with all this free time on my hands?
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    After some analysis of Frederique La Rouque and my crew, I have just finished threshold and I am out for the first time in ages.

Read a Star Trek novel? I will also have some free time. I decided that no matter how much I like the character, he just won't be worth the crew slot. :(
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Read a Star Trek novel? I will also have some free time. I decided that no matter how much I like the character, he just won't be worth the crew slot. :(

Pretty much what it comes down to. I don't need another two skill (especially when those skills are CMD/DIP) that'll never get another event taking up space, sadly. And my crew is strong enough that I should be able to do just fine in next week's faction event without him.
  • Options
    Does anyone have an idea how many points you're going to need for top 1500 this week?
  • Options
    378k will get you in the 1600s currently.
  • Options
    398k is just above 1,400.
  • Options
    1500 is exactly 393623.
  • Options
    Jett Reno was in the 550k neighborhood. I suspect this will be similar.
    Farewell 🖖