Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Scarlet Resonance - 06/27 - ME part 4

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in The Bridge
Event Name: Scarlet Resonance
Event Type: Hybrid Event Faction/Galaxy
Event Crew: Jett Reno 5* (New), Resolute Chakotay 4* (New), and Drafted McCoy 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 06/27 until Monday 07/01 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Frederick La Rouque (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 07/04.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: Determined Janeway 5* (Existing)

Event Faction: Terran Empire, Romulan Empire, Borg

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew and Determined Janeway
• small bonus: variants of Chakotay, McCoy, and crew with the survivalist trait.

Comments

• Options
    NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    19th century poker player Dukat incoming!

Wonder which rerun that points towards...
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    NS111111 wrote: »

19th century Dukat? I'm in!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    NS111111 wrote: »

Rerun, or Marc Alaimo event? Give us that random TNG season one Romulan, please!
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like big sting is the best fit of the next 3 re-runs. Falcon falls and Gods and masters don't seem to make sense story wise
  • Options
    Mini mega we have begged for?
    Times Arrow????
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only McCoy I have in my freezer (worth taking out) is Drafted McCoy, so I got that going for me. I might thaw a few of my Chakotays, but I have to look at their strengths.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two McCoys in my to-do pile, i guess i know who's getting worked on once i hit thresholds this weekend - thanks as always Shan!!
  • Options
    Seems like big sting is the best fit of the next 3 re-runs. Falcon falls and Gods and masters don't seem to make sense story wise

I think you're right, I was really hoping for Gods and Masters though :D
  • Options
    My survivalist crew is so much better than my McCoy's and Chakotays, I don't think I will bother to thaw any of them.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Flemming wrote: »
    The only McCoy I have in my freezer (worth taking out) is Drafted McCoy, so I got that going for me. I might thaw a few of my Chakotays, but I have to look at their strengths.

I have the opposite ...
    - Katra McCoy ... 1800+ base MED will be my best MED option so he's coming out for the lone MED seat probably ... Drafted is DIP main ... Katra has a better base than my 1/5 Dark Ages (who will take secondary MED duties being out anyway) and DA McCoy needs to be 4/5 (or better) to have a higher base MED than Katra.
    - Drafted ... will come out because 3x bonus is just good at all stages.

- Chakotays ... maybe Disguised Chakotay but I think Warship and GI are probably too weak when compared to the Survivalist crew out (and the still frozen ones) ... will have a look later if Disguised makes it.
    EDIT: Disguised comes in at #9 base SEC for me and the other two even lower ... unless there's a massive abundance of SEC seats they're all staying in.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    This tells me to expect MED slots and to remember not to send Sulan on any Voyages during the Faction phase.
  • Options
    Captain QCaptain Q ✭✭✭
    Très heureux de voir Frederick La Rouque!

"Alors, nous sommes presque frères. Je suis heureux de vous conaitre!"

B)
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Captain Q wrote: »
    Très heureux de voir Frederick La Rouque!

"Alors, nous sommes presque frères. Je suis heureux de vous conaitre!"

B)

This video cuts out the best part (the end) but it brought me back down memory lane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVdTRPfDLQA
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    Which episode is Resolute Chakotay from?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivlain wrote: »

Pretty sure it's another Year of Hell character. He had a pretty important arc in that episode, and while Resolute isn't the adjective I would've chosen, it fits.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Ivlain wrote: »

Pretty sure it's another Year of Hell character. He had a pretty important arc in that episode, and while Resolute isn't the adjective I would've chosen, it fits.

I think I'd have named him Down the Rabbit Hole Chakotay, but that's admittedly kinda long.
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for Captain Chakotay from Before and After.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chakotay is the ultimate second in command. He does everything he can to carry out the orders of his captain while trying to temper her/his worst impulses. He did it with Janeway and then when taken prisoner by Annorax he did it with him.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chakotay is the ultimate second in command. He does everything he can to carry out the orders of his captain while trying to temper her/his worst impulses. He did it with Janeway and then when taken prisoner by Annorax he did it with him.

He was also, sadly, the least developed, character-wise, of any Star Trek first officer. The majority of Chakotay's scenes were effectively "Janeway" scenes. Tuvok ran rings around him in terms of character development, as did Paris and B'Elanna, and especially Seven and the Doctor.

Harry Kim still doesn't count. ;)

Harry and Chakotay were done pretty dirty by the Voyager writers. I almost think that Chakotay should have been on DS9 in place of Eddington - not that I think Eddington was poorly written or performed, just that it would maybe have been more impactful to see the steadfast, loyal, supportive guy Chakotay was for Janeway turn into the Maquis Mauler...maybe a slow burn rather than a surprise shift like we got from Eddington.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

He was also, sadly, the least developed, character-wise, of any Star Trek first officer. The majority of Chakotay's scenes were effectively "Janeway" scenes. Tuvok ran rings around him in terms of character development, as did Paris and B'Elanna, and especially Seven and the Doctor.

Harry Kim still doesn't count. ;)

Harry and Chakotay were done pretty dirty by the Voyager writers. I almost think that Chakotay should have been on DS9 in place of Eddington - not that I think Eddington was poorly written or performed, just that it would maybe have been more impactful to see the steadfast, loyal, supportive guy Chakotay was for Janeway turn into the Maquis Mauler...maybe a slow burn rather than a surprise shift like we got from Eddington.

I think that was the genius of Eddington, and similarly, DS9. We get introduced to this straight arrow, by the book seeming Federation officer, and then boom, he goes full resistance fighter. Granted, it's pretty tame in by today's standards (For instance, Saul Tigh being Cylon on BSG) but it was good for Star Trek. Sure, TNG had kind of done it with Ensign Ro, but DS9 did it darker. And it brought out the best and worst in Benjamin Sisko. If memory serves, he committed war crimes trying to stop him.

Voyager's all "Oh actually Chakotay boxed with Boothby! Remember Boothby! Yea, eat it up, nerds!"
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang drafted McCoy would have to be one of my 1/4s unlevelled but at least I have Katra McCoy as a decent med option.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

You got me thinking about first officers...

Riker was too much of a womanizer and effectively just a captain-in-training under Picard. But good at carrying out orders, to be fair.

There's Chakotay, who you described nicely.

Number One has a special place in my heart for being first, though not well developed. She did the job nicely from what I saw. She laid out options and then carried out orders, sometimes (correctly) intuiting and carrying out orders before they were officially given.

Did anyone else have a first officer? Spock was next in command, but a science officer. Neither Dax not Worf had the title of first officer. Same with T'Pol and Trip.

And now I'm annoyed. It seemed like first officer was a position that came about after Kirk's time. Except that Burnham and Saru were both first officers. And I don't want to dig into those two for two reasons:
    1) It rehashes old qualms with Discovery, but more importantly...
    2) There will be spoilers best discussed in other threads.

It was a long, drawn-out way of saying it, but basically, I think Chakotay was a good first officer - better than Riker, but may and may not be as good as Number One.
    Farewell 🖖