Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Big Sting (rerun) - 07/04

DB AndreaDB Andrea admin
edited July 2019 in The Bridge
Event Name: The Big Sting (rerun)
Event Type: Faction Event
Event Crew: Frederick La Rouque 5* (New), Gangster Kirk 5* (Existing), Detective Dixon Hill 4* (Existing), and Anastasia Komananov 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 07/04 until Monday 07/08 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Wrathful Kirk (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 07/11.

Event Faction: Bajoran, Romulan Empire, Maquis

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of Kirk, J-L Picard, and Kira
Manager of Player Experience

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Yateball wrote: »
    Is DB Andrea new or have I not been paying attention recently?

Riker leave's Troi takes command, it happens
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be an ess-ton of bonus crew, I won't miss La Roque

I agree. I have Kirks and Picards for days. Kiras too lol.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Time to finish levelling my recently acquired 1/5 Gangster Kirk, then to figure out who all needs to be thawed... looking just at 4* and 5* crew, I have 12 active and 17 frozen Picard/Kirk/Kira variants. Yikes!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Kirk smirk, bring me cheesecake Seven!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these crew, not a single MED among them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I count 42 crew (not including Wrathful Kirk) and 37 are SuperRare or higher?
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Flemming wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong, I count 42 crew (not including Wrathful Kirk) and 37 are SuperRare or higher?

I doubt hope med will play a huge small part to the seating - Bashir will be on standby but I won't worry too much about that and avoid those missions if necessary.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I didn't care about getting La Rouque until this moment. Wrathful Kirk!!!!!!!

v0om3caodbk7.png

Yup. I was threshold-and-out until this post.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Okay, I didn't care about getting La Rouque until this moment. Wrathful Kirk!!!!!!!

v0om3caodbk7.png

Given the number of bonus crew - and especially the number of 5* bonus crew I have - I’m going to stick with a threshold-and-out approach this week. However, the original plan was to skate through this event with as little participation as possible in phase 2 by way of using some 3* time boosts. That plan is over, to preserve as many as possible for next week.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt hope med will play a huge small part to the seating - Bashir will be on standby but I won't worry too much about that and avoid those missions if necessary.

Survivalist Kirk is also the only Engineering crew.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options

Survivalist Kirk is also the only Engineering crew.

That thought never occurred to me ;)
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, Reno-gate followed by Kirk-gate when he comes out as CMD/SEC......I hope not! :smiley:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just realized I recently FFFEed Gangster Kirk. (And part of me felt immediate relief that I did not have to grind to the final threshold next week)
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭

If DB really wanted to go all-out on a Tuesday pack, they’d drop a 5* MED/COM/SEC (or maybe MED/COM/SCI) Kirok.

...I can’t imagine we’ll be getting a Kirok anytime soon.

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »

If DB really wanted to go all-out on a Tuesday pack, they’d drop a 5* MED/COM/SEC (or maybe MED/COM/SCI) Kirok.

...I can’t imagine we’ll be getting a Kirok anytime soon.

It would be a lot of Kirk all at once. I’d also say the poor way in which that episode aged would further lower the chances, but we have Duelist Yar...and, after checking the mission list on the wiki, there is a surprisingly large number of MED slots (not all of which are OR’d with other skills). Besides, after the tepid response to the crew in the last few weeks of the current mega, running out a desirable character right before a useful event could be financially lucrative - a good start for their Q3 balance sheet.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 stars on Anastasia and 2 on Dixon. Should be a cinch to FF them both and nab bonuses from two collections!

Guess I know my leveling priority for the next few days.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's important to note that Frederick La Rouque is not a Dukat.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

v0om3caodbk7.png

Given the number of bonus crew - and especially the number of 5* bonus crew I have - I’m going to stick with a threshold-and-out approach this week. However, the original plan was to skate through this event with as little participation as possible in phase 2 by way of using some 3* time boosts. That plan is over, to preserve as many as possible for next week.

Actually, it's a fair point. In looking through my bonus crew, six of my top ten have CMD and DIP (although not necessarily as strong as La Rouque, and those aren't necessarily their best traits). Although having him wouldn't hurt, I'm not sure it would give me THAT much of an edge. And I would be able to save those resources for a character who would actually add something to my crew or that I love (aka Wrathful Kirk lol).
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the weekend off. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust