Home The Bridge

August 2019 Mega - Thoughts? Hopes? Dreams?

mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
Pretty pleased with the June Mega and Determined Janeway as a 3 skilled ENG beast :) What are your hopes for the next Mega in August?

Personally I'm hoping for a 3 skilled DIP beast which we haven't had in any mega yet (Minuet doesn't count....)

CMD - Borg Queen, Kortar, Mirror Picard,
MED - Cornwell, Bell Riots Bashir,
SCI - Surak
ENG - Ru'afo, Etana, Determined Janeway
SEC - Kor, Thrax

Alternatively, wouldn't mind a 3 skill character with a primary MED or SCI skill. Gotta get away from all the CMD and SEC characters... even in the campaigns its overly skewed CMD (Captain Spock, Mirror Picard), SEC (Leland, Tux Sisko)

Would love to know what everyone else thinks?

Comments

• MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    SCI is what I need the most.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • A nice three-skiller, maybe third skill having a low base, but with good gauntlet utility on it (ENG for example, to combat Caretaker in some situations).

If not that, then Cheesecake Seven or Queen Po would be nice.
  • MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. The only Mega Legendary I'm missing is Borg Queen........
    As for what I'd like to see? Killer Science to go with Surak, along with a good Medical secondary. As for tertiary skill I'm indifferent.
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    A TOS Mega with a strong McCoy or Scotty as recurring 5*.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about a TAS mega with Giant Spock as the recurring?
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    What about a TAS mega with Giant Spock as the recurring?

this :smile:
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way my kirks are panning out lets have a kirk awesomeness mega event
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right there with ya, Travis. 👍 I want to believe that the only reason we haven't gotten Flint yet is because they've been holding him back for a mega event. And I have to hope that when we do finally get him, his stats will be out of this world. (But, frankly, I'd be eager to add him to my crew even if they're substandard.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    A TOS Mega with a strong McCoy or Scotty as recurring 5*.

Armed Montgomery Scott (ENG/SEC/CMD) or Torpedo Surgeon McCoy (MED/ENG/SEC), both from Undiscovered Country would be swell pics.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    "I believe I heard someone mention a Mega-Event, perhaps with a TOS theme...?"

lkaskqoxdcue.jpg
    That would be cool especially if they could tie it in with other trek characters. Like each event is TOS vs. other trek characters. For example, a skirmish event with Trelane flying around in a TOS romulan warbird and harrassing the Enterprise while Q offers to help the Enterprise crew but can Q be trusted?

6dubt6xu88oh.png

There would be a new Trelane alog with existing Captain Q and at the end of the skirmish Trelane loses and pouts

1uhles7b1g7w.jpg

Let’s fly!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise isn't well represented in your list. A Temporal Cold War mega would just be the cat's meow, imo. Elizabeth Cutler is my first choice for recurring legendary. (DIP/MED/SCI - that's the combo I'm looking for. Maybe it's a stretch for her, but it's the best I got.) Maybe she's Captain Archer's little messenger. And she shows up throughout the mega to tell us how our actions are affecting the Temporal Cold War in Archer's time so we can keep our history intact.

The theme I have in mind is Villains. I'd like to see appearances from:
    Mirror Julian "Danger" Bashir New 4*
    (an idea from @Kaitee who explained him as Bashir, Julian Bashir's counterpart who is like Austin "Danger" Powers. :) ),
    Garth of Izar New 5*
    (I forget who brings him up on the forum, but he's one of my favorite villians too)
    Fire Caverns Dukat New 5*
    (I don't like Dukat after season 6, but I can't deny that he's a significant villian.)
    Crewman Daniels New 4*
    (At the very end to let us know how things went.)
    Silik Existing 4*
    (Can't do the Temporal Cold War without it's most significant antagonist.)
    Dr. Soran Existing 4*
    (TNG's eminent time tampering bad guy)

A quick thank you to @Capt. Pete Owen , who keeps a photo catalog in the most wanted crew thread that I used for several of these suggestions.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm bumping Scotty.... he only has 2 5* variants, one is mediocre and the other is a single skill.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Scotty
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise isn't well represented in your list. A Temporal Cold War mega would just be the cat's meow, imo. Elizabeth Cutler is my first choice for recurring legendary. (DIP/MED/SCI - that's the combo I'm looking for. Maybe it's a stretch for her, but it's the best I got.) Maybe she's Captain Archer's little messenger. And she shows up throughout the mega to tell us how our actions are affecting the Temporal Cold War in Archer's time so we can keep our history intact.

(an idea from @Kaitee who explained him as Bashir, Julian Bashir's counterpart who is like Austin "Danger" Powers. :) ),
    Garth of Izar New 5*
    (I forget who brings him up on the forum, but he's one of my favorite villians too)
    (I don't like Dukat after season 6, but I can't deny that he's a significant villian.)
    Crewman Daniels New 4*
    Silik Existing 4*
    Dr. Soran Existing 4*

A quick thank you to @Capt. Pete Owen , who keeps a photo catalog in the most wanted crew thread that I used for several of these suggestions.

Could use a "Human" Silik from the time travel episode he helped Archer defeat Nazis.

Though I never quite understood how the timeline was reset back to normal but Silik was still dead? I may not have liked the Temporal Cold War storyline, but I liked Silik and the Suliban.

Garth of Izar New 5*
    Crewman Daniels New 4*
    Silik Existing 4*
    Dr. Soran Existing 4*

Could use a "Human" Silik from the time travel episode he helped Archer defeat Nazis.

Though I never quite understood how the timeline was reset back to normal but Silik was still dead? I may not have liked the Temporal Cold War storyline, but I liked Silik and the Suliban.

I didn't think the Temporal Cold War (TWC) got a satisfactory resolution. It had some potential that I don't think was realized due to the series being cancelled.

And I realized that I left something out... DB could use Annorax's time ship as a "better late than never" gesture to those who wanted it in the recent Year of Hell mega event. (I also want this for the Skirmish event that it implies. :) )
    Farewell 🖖
  • Another DS9 Mega wouldn't go unappreciated by myself.

Maybe a Pah-Wraith Odo who has turned the Great Link into the Great Chain and has enslaved the Founders to wage war on the Prophets.

Garth of Izar New 5*
    Crewman Daniels New 4*
    Silik Existing 4*
    Dr. Soran Existing 4*

A 5* version of Seska from Worst Case Scenario (the episode where she reappeared as an evil hologram and trapped some crew in the simulation) would fit well into this kind of mega :smiley:

worstcasescenario231.jpg

That's a good one! And a great way to add Voyager and hologram into the mix.
    (I left half the slots open for just this reason. :) )
    Farewell 🖖
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Mega event: Kangaroo Federation

Notorious smuggler and collector Kivas Fajo has escaped Federation custody and is seeking retribution on a number of...less than reputable characters suspected of trying to eliminate him in prison for past misdeeds. His intended victims have banded together to stop Fajo before he finds them.

All crew with the Smuggler or Scoundrel traits receive a bonus during the event.

Week One - Give Me Liberty...

With Fajo hot on his tail, freedom fighter Kyril Finn must turn back to his hazardous folded space transporter to try and stay one step ahead. After capturing a hapless Beverly Crusher, Finn tracks down Steth and promises him a way back into his original body with Doctor Crusher's help in exchange for his knowledge on space folding technology.

Kyril Finn (New) 5*
    350?cb=20190302044204&path-prefix=en
    Steth (New) 4*
    350?cb=20110113073958&path-prefix=en
    Commando Crusher (Existing) 3*

Week two - Shall We Dance?

Upon hearing news of Fajo's path of fury, former associate Keeve Falor must flee the Bajoran refugee camps and seek safety in the shelter of an uneasy ally. Falor's former point of contact in Starfleet, Ro Laren, still has a few friends left in the Federation and makes her plea to the Enterprise for rescue while they attempt to gather intelligence on Fajo's endgame.

Keeve Falor (New) 5*
    350?cb=20111218165251&path-prefix=en
    Dancing Data (New) 4*
    image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fredshirtsalwaysdie.com%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F06%2Fc209a39ad310c5d1c96a4987943b9b1b.jpg&w=736&h=485&c=sc
    Maquis Ro Laren (Exisiting) 4*

Week three - Red Squad, Blue Squad, One Squad, Two Squad

Who cares about the plot in this one. I just needed another name with the initials KF, but the Red Squad episode sucked anyways. I guess they all band together so that the mega event name makes sense?

Karen Farris (New) 5*
    350?cb=20180923134717&path-prefix=en
    War Correspondent Jake Sisko (Exisiting) 5*
    Lieutenant Commander Nog (New) 4*

Week four - It Took Great Effort, Effort! To Bring You...Here.

Thanks to the repeated blunders of the interminably cringey Red Squad cadets, Kivas Fajo has corralled his former associates who he suspects tried to kill him while in prison. A one man firing squad armed with his trusty Varon-T Disruptor, can anyone stop Fajo before he eliminates his rivals for good?

Kivas Fajo (New) 5*
    350?cb=20170612181151&path-prefix=en
    Varria (New) 4*
    350?cb=20170612185132&path-prefix=en
    Proud Cat Dad Data (New) 4*
    hqdefault.jpg
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    All are great suggestions so far.

Ones I think we need, and skills would obvious variate depending on where they come from:

5* Ezri, and she could easily be SCI/MED/SEC because of her Jadzia connection.
    5* Ro Laren – she wasn't there long, but she was a formidable character
    5* Commander Shelby – Best of Both Worlds, LOOOONG overdue! CMD/SEC/DIP?
    5* Reed – we don't have a proper one yet, only Suliban and Mirror
    5* Saavik – since we now have Wrathful Kirk, SCI/SEC/DIP
    5* Me Hani Ika Hali Ka Po – Queen of Xahea ENG/SCI/DIP

I wouldn't object to a 5* Leeta at some point

To go with Owo next week, we could use a 4* Excited Tilly with DIP primary – being she's friends with the Queen of Xahea
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
    Mega event: Kangaroo Federation

Notorious smuggler and collector Kivas Fajo has escaped Federation custody and is seeking retribution on a number of...less than reputable characters suspected of trying to eliminate him in prison for past misdeeds. His intended victims have banded together to stop Fajo before he finds them.

All crew with the Smuggler or Scoundrel traits receive a bonus during the event.

Week One - Give Me Liberty...

With Fajo hot on his tail, freedom fighter Kyril Finn must turn back to his hazardous folded space transporter to try and stay one step ahead. After capturing a hapless Beverly Crusher, Finn tracks down Steth and promises him a way back into his original body with Doctor Crusher's help in exchange for his knowledge on space folding technology.

Kyril Finn (New) 5*
    350?cb=20190302044204&path-prefix=en
    Steth (New) 4*
    350?cb=20110113073958&path-prefix=en
    Commando Crusher (Existing) 3*

Week two - Shall We Dance?

Upon hearing news of Fajo's path of fury, former associate Keeve Falor must flee the Bajoran refugee camps and seek safety in the shelter of an uneasy ally. Falor's former point of contact in Starfleet, Ro Laren, still has a few friends left in the Federation and makes her plea to the Enterprise for rescue while they attempt to gather intelligence on Fajo's endgame.

Keeve Falor (New) 5*
    350?cb=20111218165251&path-prefix=en
    Dancing Data (New) 4*
    image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fredshirtsalwaysdie.com%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F06%2Fc209a39ad310c5d1c96a4987943b9b1b.jpg&w=736&h=485&c=sc
    Maquis Ro Laren (Exisiting) 4*

Week three - Red Squad, Blue Squad, One Squad, Two Squad

Who cares about the plot in this one. I just needed another name with the initials KF, but the Red Squad episode sucked anyways. I guess they all band together so that the mega event name makes sense?

Karen Farris (New) 5*
    350?cb=20180923134717&path-prefix=en
    War Correspondent Jake Sisko (Exisiting) 5*
    Lieutenant Commander Nog (New) 4*

Week four - It Took Great Effort, Effort! To Bring You...Here.

Thanks to the repeated blunders of the interminably cringey Red Squad cadets, Kivas Fajo has corralled his former associates who he suspects tried to kill him while in prison. A one man firing squad armed with his trusty Varon-T Disruptor, can anyone stop Fajo before he eliminates his rivals for good?

Kivas Fajo (New) 5*
    350?cb=20170612181151&path-prefix=en
    Varria (New) 4*
    350?cb=20170612185132&path-prefix=en
    Proud Cat Dad Data (New) 4*
    hqdefault.jpg

(Spoiler for length)

Some good stuff here. Though I would prefer a new 5* Ro over the existing one that was in a recent event. I would also replace War Correspondent Jake Sisko. There was a reporter chick that Mayweather was involved with for a couple episodes. Maybe her if she's not in the game yet. But the scoundrels and smugglers is great. If we could get another version of Okana in there somehow... I would hate to see him left out of such an event. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this includes "dreams" I'm going to throw in the 'Combs Mega' though I've given up hope
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    SCI-MED-??? or MED-ENG-??? are the missing combos that most of us need. Torpedo Surgeon McCoy and Cheesecake Seven are both excellent candidates.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    SCI-MED-??? or MED-ENG-??? are the missing combos that most of us need. Torpedo Surgeon McCoy and Cheesecake Seven are both excellent candidates.

+1 to both of those. I’ll add Bricklayer McCoy, Nanoprobe-Infested Phlox, and some kind of Cyberneticist Crusher to the list as well.

MED/COM would be another good combo to build up, though possibly harder to find. Kirok comes to mind as low-hanging fruit, or perhaps Mycelial Culber, Dress Uniform Bashir, the Equinox EMH, or even an Impostor Doctor (Janeway or Chakotay from Renaissance Man).
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

+1 to both of those. I’ll add Bricklayer McCoy, Nanoprobe-Infested Phlox, and some kind of Cyberneticist Crusher to the list as well.

MED/COM would be another good combo to build up, though possibly harder to find. Kirok comes to mind as low-hanging fruit, or perhaps Mycelial Culber, Dress Uniform Bashir, the Equinox EMH, or even an Impostor Doctor (Janeway or Chakotay from Renaissance Man).

Cyberneticist Crusher would be great. Or Crusher from "Remember Me" could be a SCI/MED/CMD -- maybe call her Warp Bubble Crusher:

ykdf47x1d9c1.png

Which episode is Bricklayer McCoy from? I'm not remembering it.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends