Home The Bridge

August 2019 Mega - Thoughts? Hopes? Dreams?

Comments

• Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    SCI-MED-??? or MED-ENG-??? are the missing combos that most of us need. Torpedo Surgeon McCoy and Cheesecake Seven are both excellent candidates.

+1 to both of those. I’ll add Bricklayer McCoy, Nanoprobe-Infested Phlox, and some kind of Cyberneticist Crusher to the list as well.

MED/COM would be another good combo to build up, though possibly harder to find. Kirok comes to mind as low-hanging fruit, or perhaps Mycelial Culber, Dress Uniform Bashir, the Equinox EMH, or even an Impostor Doctor (Janeway or Chakotay from Renaissance Man).

Cyberneticist Crusher would be great. Or Crusher from "Remember Me" could be a SCI/MED/CMD -- maybe call her Warp Bubble Crusher:

ykdf47x1d9c1.png

Which episode is Bricklayer McCoy from? I'm not remembering it.

The Devil in the Dark. (Horta)

'I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!" (When instructed to treat the injured silicon-based lifeform.)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Galaxy v. Q Continuum"
    Premise: The rest of the galaxy wants to put the Q Continuum on trial for this whole mess, believing them responsible.

Crew Wish List - Law & Order
    • Advocate Ch'Pok (prosecutor in Klingon Empire v. Worf in "Rules of Engagement")
    • Asmodeus (prosecutor in Megans v. Humanity in "The Magicks of Megas-Tu")
    • Captain Phillipa Louvois (JAG officer who presided over Maddox v. Data in "The Measure of a Man")
    • Samuel T. Cogley (defense attorney in Starfleet v. Kirk in "Court Martial")

Crew Wish List - Q Continuum
    • Amanda Rogers
    • Female Q
    • Q Junior
    • Quinn

Everyone has an ax to grind against the Q, but is there a convincing case against them? How do they even get the Q to agree to be put on trial? What other beings have the power to compel the Continuum to cooperate, and could enforce a verdict against them? (A shame Trelane already exists in the game!) How do respected witnesses like Picard, Sisko, and Janeway testify? How sympathetic are Q like Amanda Rogers and Quinn? Also, I think it'd be neat if Week 1 was a Faction Event to decide who has jurisdiction for the trial.

I like the idea. And you know what I would like even more? Adding a Continuum faction to the game. So I hope they save this idea for a game update. Other things I would add to this brilliant idea... Add Q2 (played by Corbin Bernson) from TNG. Throw in Advocate Kolos as an existing SR. Do we have "I'm not Picard" Sisko, where he punched Q? Maybe put him in with Pugilist Q as an existing SR.

DB... Please make it so! :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    SCI-MED-??? or MED-ENG-??? are the missing combos that most of us need. Torpedo Surgeon McCoy and Cheesecake Seven are both excellent candidates.

+1 to both of those. I’ll add Bricklayer McCoy, Nanoprobe-Infested Phlox, and some kind of Cyberneticist Crusher to the list as well.

MED/COM would be another good combo to build up, though possibly harder to find. Kirok comes to mind as low-hanging fruit, or perhaps Mycelial Culber, Dress Uniform Bashir, the Equinox EMH, or even an Impostor Doctor (Janeway or Chakotay from Renaissance Man).

Cyberneticist Crusher would be great. Or Crusher from "Remember Me" could be a SCI/MED/CMD -- maybe call her Warp Bubble Crusher:

ykdf47x1d9c1.png

'I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!" (When instructed to treat the injured silicon-based lifeform.)

That’s the one!

I also like the idea of Warp Bubble Crusher. On the subject of that episode, we kind of need a 3* Kosinski.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    how about a Q mega event? with the god type Q? (in all the silver/white background nonsense) ... whatever episode that was.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    how about a Q mega event? with the god type Q? (in all the silver/white background nonsense) ... whatever episode that was.

xu7z3epdmsdr.jpeg
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    that sounds right.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

ykdf47x1d9c1.png

With McCoy and one fistful of plaster/goo and the other with a trowel: perfect!

As for Q: we have been asking or all those Q variants for years :(
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok but the Q better have amazing stats because many of the Q have terrible stats.
    Let’s fly!

ykdf47x1d9c1.png

With McCoy and one fistful of plaster/goo and the other with a trowel: perfect!

As for Q: we have been asking or all those Q variants for years :(

And I mentioned a Continuum faction above. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

ykdf47x1d9c1.png

Oooo terrific idea!! Can she have a sound clip with whatever that quote was - "there's nothing wrong with me, it's the universe that must be wrong"??
  • Looking at my roster, SCI, MED, and DIP are probably my weakest areas, so a beast in one of those areas would be appreciated. Maybe we can finally get cheesecake seven as the recurring, but I don’t know how that’s would fit into what seems like is going to be a Q themed mega event
    Indeed. My thoughts on the recurring legendary lead toward Q Jr. The rest of the Q dealt with the universe for millenia. Now it will be Q Jr who has to step up.

Let's see... SCI/CMD/ENG?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    "The Galaxy v. Q Continuum"
    Premise: The rest of the galaxy wants to put the Q Continuum on trial for this whole mess, believing them responsible.

Crew Wish List - Law & Order
    • Advocate Ch'Pok (prosecutor in Klingon Empire v. Worf in "Rules of Engagement")
    • Asmodeus (prosecutor in Megans v. Humanity in "The Magicks of Megas-Tu")
    • Captain Phillipa Louvois (JAG officer who presided over Maddox v. Data in "The Measure of a Man")
    • Samuel T. Cogley (defense attorney in Starfleet v. Kirk in "Court Martial")

Crew Wish List - Q Continuum
    • Amanda Rogers
    • Female Q
    • Q Junior
    • Quinn

Everyone has an ax to grind against the Q, but is there a convincing case against them? How do they even get the Q to agree to be put on trial? What other beings have the power to compel the Continuum to cooperate, and could enforce a verdict against them? (A shame Trelane already exists in the game!) How do respected witnesses like Picard, Sisko, and Janeway testify? How sympathetic are Q like Amanda Rogers and Quinn? Also, I think it'd be neat if Week 1 was a Faction Event to decide who has jurisdiction for the trial.

This one ain't lookin' so hot in light of Episode 10. Although, if the next Mega is about going to find the Continuum to bring them to account, some of this could still happen. Got my fingers crossed for Amanda Rogers and Samuel T. Cogley now that we have Quinn!
  • enigma starlordenigma starlord ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    i would agree Amanda Rogers will be the recurring 5*. Some of the TNG mirror cards are directly from the IDW comics, and she is featured in the Q Conflict currently going on.
    edit: and it would be cool to have Traveller Wesley who is also featured.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athlete trait event with kayaking o'brien, water volleyball Archer and kadis-cot Naomi Wildman.
    Let’s fly!
  • Med/Eng/Sci is a much needed skill set
  • A longer break in between Mega Events is desperately needed too! We just finished a Mega and now we turn around and there's another already? Come on DB. Give us a break!
    i would agree Amanda Rogers will be the recurring 5*. Some of the TNG mirror cards are directly from the IDW comics, and she is featured in the Q Conflict currently going on.
    edit: and it would be cool to have Traveller Wesley who is also featured.

I suspect that DB could make more money on Amanda Rogers than Q Riker. I've seen numerous requests for Amanda and this is the first I've seen of Q Riker. No... I think Amanda will appear in a Faction or a Tuesday pack, though I would enjoy being wrong.

I think Q Jr and Q Riker make the most sense as recurring legendary from a story perspective, though I can see an argument for Amanda Rogers.
    Farewell 🖖
  • GI Q from EaF
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    It occurs to me that all we know is that the August mega will play off Episode 10, which concludes with the Q Continuum abdicating, and a cryptic message that perhaps a younger version of Q may come along to help us. From a storytelling perspective, that could suggest that the August mega may not even be about the Continuum, but rather about the galaxy-wide power struggle to fill the vacuum created by the Continuum's abdication. Q's hint could suggest only that some variant of himself will feature throughout that story. If so, Civil War Q feels potentially appropriate.

In any case, we'll know in ten days!
    It occurs to me that all we know is that the August mega will play off Episode 10, which concludes with the Q Continuum abdicating, and a cryptic message that perhaps a younger version of Q may come along to help us. From a storytelling perspective, that could suggest that the August mega may not even be about the Continuum, but rather about the galaxy-wide power struggle to fill the vacuum created by the Continuum's abdication. Q's hint could suggest only that some variant of himself will feature throughout that story. If so, Civil War Q feels potentially appropriate.

In any case, we'll know in ten days!

Civil War Q is a good one! That would be pretty good from a story perspective.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    From the announcement post for “On the Backs of Giants”:

“Several science and engineering greats from across Starfleet history have come together to design a new class of starship.”

I wonder if the conclusion of this event will provide any hints as to the featured ships in the (for now, hypothetical) August Mega Skirmish. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    Bakkster wrote: »
    How about this one?

0umq6pt4u0tl.jpg

That looks very well done.
    Farewell 🖖
    I wonder if the penultimate dialogue scene for “On the Backs of Giants” offers a hint for the next theme. 🖖🏻

f5b4ydrcs18d.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to tonights announcement for next week's event and what will probably be the 1st event of the Aug Mega :)
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Looking forward to tonights announcement for next week's event and what will probably be the 1st event of the Aug Mega :)

The pattern has been to have a re-run the week before a Mega. Given that August has 5 weekends, I expect the Mega to begin on the second Thursday. 🖖🏻
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »

The pattern has been to have a re-run the week before a Mega. Given that August has 5 weekends, I expect the Mega to begin on the second Thursday. 🖖🏻

Dang :p you are right. So its a re-run before and after a mega? Well on the bight side, im hoping its going to be are-run where i need the threshold 5*