Home The Bridge

August 2019 Mega - Thoughts? Hopes? Dreams?

Comments

• KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Would the mega be announced today if next weeks legendary is the first featured crew of the mega?
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Looking forward to tonights announcement for next week's event and what will probably be the 1st event of the Aug Mega :)

The pattern has been to have a re-run the week before a Mega. Given that August has 5 weekends, I expect the Mega to begin on the second Thursday. 🖖🏻

Dang :p you are right. So its a re-run before and after a mega? Well on the bight side, im hoping its going to be are-run where i need the threshold 5*

You and me both on the threshold 5*, and yes, re-runs both before & after has been the pattern. Paging @Travis S McClain .... 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Would the mega be announced today if next weeks legendary is the first featured crew of the mega?

It would be announced today if Loken (this week's top reward) is the first legendary of the mega. If the mega starts the week after, we won't be told any details about the mega this week, other than intuiting that the new legendary is the first of the mega.

We usually, but not always, get a hint the day before the announcement. We also usually, but not always, have a rerun the week before the mega.

So basically we'll know for sure at noon when Shan posts next week's event.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to tonights announcement for next week's event and what will probably be the 1st event of the Aug Mega :)

The pattern has been to have a re-run the week before a Mega. Given that August has 5 weekends, I expect the Mega to begin on the second Thursday. 🖖🏻

Dang :p you are right. So its a re-run before and after a mega? Well on the bight side, im hoping its going to be are-run where i need the threshold 5*

You and me both on the threshold 5*, and yes, re-runs both before & after has been the pattern. Paging @Travis S McClain .... 🖖🏻

A rerun directly after a mega has been standard all along, but we've only had a rerun the week before one for the last two megas. The next in line per format:

Faction | "The Triskelion Tournament" | 5* Sheriff of Nottingham Q
    Galaxy | "Endgame" | 5* Lieutenant Wesley Crusher, The Traveler*
    Hybrid | "The Falcon Falls" | 5* Mintakan Riker

*"Endgame" has been skipped once, which may indicate that it won't be replayed. If so, the next Galaxy in line for a rerun is "Gods and Masters" (5* Durango Troi).
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I agree that it might be a re-run next week, not just because of history (though they haven't always done a re-run just before a mega, such as before the February and October megas, and they have not been consistent when it comes to months with 5 weekends).

We know that the mega's story has something to do with the Q. The ranked 5* for this weeks event, Loken, will be event crew next week. Loken has the traits Innovator and Undercover Operative (and Kraylor, which is irrelevent). Neither of those traits really seems to fit a story involving the Q, unless they need Innovators to fix something or Undercover Operatives to...do something.

Granted, I never would have connected Mountaineer Spock to a story involving Etana Jol, Alternate Future Jadzia to the Dominion mega featuring Ru'afo, or Dress Uniform Scotty to a Disco mega (the latter 2 were still under the old ranked reward structure, where the ranked 5* was the current week's event 5*).

At least in the past 5 megas (since they changed the ranked reward structure), we have seen the first event feature a notable 5*: Tuxedo Nog (not a main character, but at least a recurring side one), Mountaineer Spock, Chancellor L'Rell (I'm guessing notable, since I didn't watch Disco), Krenim Prisoner Paris (convincing everyone that the Year of Hell mega was the following week), and Resilient Tuvok. In fact, the only mega not to have a main or recurring side character as the first week's 5* event crew was the Klingon mega (the 2nd mega), with Grillka (well, the 3rd one had Desert Phillpa Georgiou, but that was very early on for Disco, and she was in the pilot, so forgivable).
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭

A rerun directly after a mega has been standard all along, but we've only had a rerun the week before one for the last two megas. The next in line per format:

*"Endgame" has been skipped once, which may indicate that it won't be replayed. If so, the next Galaxy in line for a rerun is "Gods and Masters" (5* Durango Troi).

Don't forget about Expeditions events! The next would be "Ribbon of Joy" featuring Age of Sail Crusher and Dr. Tolian Soran.

Of course, they haven't done a re-run of an Expedition since Quadrilateral 2 in Apr 2017, and they haven't done an Expedition at all since "Auld Lang Syne" in the Dec 2018 mega (with Etana Jol), which was a Hybrid with a Skirmish.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless I've missed something, if we get four weeks and so four events between megas, the first is a rerun. If we get five weeks/events between megas, the first and fifth are reruns. Isn't that the pattern?

With next week's event starting on the first, with no July overlap, I would have expected the mega to begin next week, despite Shepherd Book's lack of traits. But no announcement yet is making me think otherwise..!
    Ikrit wrote: »

Don't forget about Expeditions events! The next would be "Ribbon of Joy" featuring Age of Sail Crusher and Dr. Tolian Soran.

Of course, they haven't done a re-run of an Expedition since Quadrilateral 2 in Apr 2017, and they haven't done an Expedition at all since "Auld Lang Syne" in the Dec 2018 mega (with Etana Jol), which was a Hybrid with a Skirmish.

It's pretty messed up for you to bring up my beloved Expeditions on a day when I'm not scheduled to see my therapist.
    Here's the history of events, starting with the week before the first Mega:
    04-27-2017 Quadrilateral 2
    05-04-2017 The Process of Assimilation 1: Zero Hour
    05-11-2017 The Process of Assimilation 2: Experimental Design
    05-18-2017 The Process of Assimilation 3: Contagion
    05-25-2017 The Process of Assimilation 4: Resistance

06-01-2017 The Second Battle of New York 2
    06-08-2017 Ship of Memory
    06-15-2017 The Triskelion Tournament
    06-22-2017 Guiding Principles
    06-29-2017 The Trouble with Klingons 3
    07-06-2017 A Good Day to Lie 1: Scales of Power
    07-13-2017 A Good Day to Lie 2: When Giants Walk
    07-20-2017 A Good Day to Lie 3: The Heart of the Empire
    07-27-2017 A Good Day to Lie 4: Blood for Blood

08-03-2017 They Came from the Holodeck! 3
    08-13-2017 Mind and Matter
    08-17-2017 Homestead
    08-24-2017 Contingency Plan 2
    08-31-2017 Our Thoughts Combined
    09-07-2017 Second Act 2
    09-14-2017 Guilty as Charged
    09-21-2017 Retrograde
    09-28-2017 Gates of Hell
    10-05-2017 Discovery: A New Anomaly 1: Streak of Stardust
    10-12-2017 Discovery: A New Anomaly 2: First Impressions
    10-19-2017 Discovery: A New Anomaly 3: Orion Belt
    10-26-2017 Discovery: A New Anomaly 4: A Logical Reaction

11-02-2017 Ghost in the Machine 2
    11-09-2017 Passing the Torch
    11-16-2017 The Akritirian Job 2
    11-22-2017 Fast as Light
    11-30-2017 The Daystrom Award
    12-07-2017 Smoke & Mirrors 1: Heavy Lies the Crown
    12-14-2017 Smoke & Mirrors 2: Imperial Decree
    12-21-2017 Smoke & Mirrors 3: Reflections
    12-28-2017 Smoke & Mirrors 4: Operation: Earth

01-04-2018 Triple Threat 2
    01-11-2018 Infinite Contentions
    01-18-2018 We Who Are to Die
    01-25-2018 Laws of Nature
    02-01-2018 Ghosts of the Past 1: Crashing the Party
    02-08-2018 Ghosts of the Past 2: The Honor of Andoria
    02-15-2018 Ghosts of the Past 3: The Vulcan Response
    02-22-2018 Ghosts of the Past 4: Founders at War

03-01-2018 War Interrupted 2
    03-08-2018 Consolation Prize
    03-15-2018 The Galactic Series
    03-22-2018 Research Partners
    03-29-2018 The Prime Directive 2
    04-06-2018 All We Become 1: Father of Logic
    04-13-2018 All We Become 2: Breakthrough
    04-20-2018 All We Become 3: Fire with Fire
    04-27-2018 All We Become 4: Reunification

05-03-2018 Rule 125 2
    05-10-2018 Reverie in Prime
    05-17-2018 The Butchers of Beta Penthe
    05-24-2018 The Longest Day
    05-31-2018 Superior Ambition 1: Catching Fire
    06-07-2018 Superior Ambition 2: Turning Point
    06-14-2018 Superior Ambition 3: A Quiet Coup
    06-21-2018 Superior Ambition 4: The Weak Will Perish

06-28-2018 The Isthmian Games 2
    07-05-2018 Kosst Kejal
    07-12-2018 Haunted Vessels
    07-19-2018 One Incredible Tale
    07-26-2018 Mistress of the Mirror
    08-02-2018 The Hand That Feeds 1: New Providers
    08-09-2018 The Hand That Feeds 2: An Even Field
    08-16-2018 The Hand That Feeds 3: Advance Directive
    08-23-2018 The Hand That Feeds 4: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit

08-30-2018 Education Is Power
    09-06-2018 A Changeling in Time
    09-13-2018 A Valdore Too Far
    09-20-2018 Family Tree 2
    09-27-2018 Ready to Rumble
    10-04-2018 Photonic Fantasies 1: Pygmalion
    10-11-2018 Photonic Fantasies 2: Updated and Revised
    10-18-2018 Photonic Fantasies 3: What Is a Man?
    10-25-2018 Photonic Fantasies 4: Captain Proton to the Rescue!

11-01-2018 The Captain's Oath 2
    11-08-2018 Interstellar Interference
    11-15-2018 Peldor Joi
    11-22-2018 Straight on Til Morning
    11-29-2018 Children of Apollo 2
    12-06-2018 Presents and Futures 1: Home for the Holidays
    12-13-2018 Presents and Futures 2: Silent Night
    12-20-2018 Presents and Futures 3: Auld Lang Syne
    12-27-2018 Presents and Futures 4: Joy to the World

01-03-2019 Plague of Plagues 2
    01-10-2019 A New Lease
    01-17-2019 To Prove One's Self
    01-24-2019 Temporal Trespassers
    01-31-2019 Empire Reforged 1: Might Makes Right
    02-07-2019 Empire Reforged 2: The Sum of Its Parts
    02-14-2019 Empire Reforged 3: Shall I Compare Thee?
    02-21-2019 Empire Reforged 4: From the Ashes

02-28-2019 Alpha and Omega 2
    03-07-2019 Temporal Misalignment
    03-14-2019 Fixed Variables
    03-21-2019 Legend Unwritten
    03-28-2019 Shore Leave 2
    04-04-2019 Captive Intent 1: The Stolen Years
    04-11-2019 Captive Intent 2: Neutral Representation
    04-18-2019 Captive Intent 3: In Word and Deed
    04-25-2019 Captive Intent 4: Shackled to the Stars

05-02-2019 Extinction Point 2
    05-09-2019 Fireside Stories
    05-16-2019 Dirty Rotten Holograms
    05-23-2019 Integration
    05-30-2019 The Whole Truth 2
    06-06-2019 Month of Hell 1: Crimson Spark
    06-13-2019 Month of Hell 2: Reconstruction
    06-20-2019 Month of Hell 3: Time Tsunami
    06-27-2019 Month of Hell 4: Scarlet Resonance

07-04-2019 The Big Sting 2
    07-11-2019 Barren Heat
    07-18-2019 On the Backs of Giants
    07-25-2019 Run Rampant
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Ikrit wrote: »

I do not think expeditions bring money for DB. Does anyone ever buy tickets? Also, they are often buggy. I do not personally like expeditions but hybrid ones are ok.

z2pck5swjdab.jpg

I don't remember them being too buggy, but then again, they are not run very often anymore. I think the Hybrid we had over Christmas during the Mirror Mega had some issues (like Crushers not counting as bonus crew or some that were overshadowed by Mirror-Picard-gate the following week.

I don't mind expeditions when I have the time for them. Part of the issue was that they had extra tickets at low thresholds that you could clear in 1-2 runs, so if you collect rewards (such as the threshold 4* so you can use her/him in the event), you ended up with extra tickets for the first day (12-13 hours) instead of being able to save them for one of the 24-hour days.

Plus, as I discovered during the last expedition, they are much easier now than when when I started 3 years ago and they were being run once a month (more bonus crew, stronger crew, and changes DB made to the event, like the removal of the 1-hour time limit on a ticket and keeping the missions unlocked after the first run).

I got my first top 1000 in an expedition event (Holograms are Forever, with Bashir Julian Bashir) 1 month after I started playing, so I have a soft spot for them.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

The Triskelion Tournament would be a good choice just before a mega that may feature Q.
    AviTrek wrote: »

The Triskelion Tournament would be a good choice just before a mega that may feature Q.

Plus, it featured Picard, who is on pretty much everyone's mind right now, and Robin Hood specifically, who has been serialized in the Daily Mission rewards!
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

It's worth pointing out that we are getting a winning faction, with the extra chronitons for a few days, after this event. They've only done that when the next event is chroniton heavy, ie a Galaxy or Skirmish event.

Endgame, with both Captain Q and Human Q, would be a good lead into a Q Mega.

BTW, I've been thinking about possible Q characters for this mega. Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are all the Qs from the show:

Q2
    Amanda Rogers
    Female Q
    Q Junior

Am I missing any outstanding ones?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also the War Colonel from "The Q and the Grey."

Tapestry Q is still my choice for recurring.
    EnderW wrote: »

It's worth pointing out that we are getting a winning faction, with the extra chronitons for a few days, after this event. They've only done that when the next event is chroniton heavy, ie a Galaxy or Skirmish event.

It was just announced by Shan that we're getting "The Falcon Falls 2" with a new Galaxy Gallivanting Vash going into the August mega, so that's two weeks of post-faction chroniton bonuses!
    BTW, I've been thinking about possible Q characters for this mega. Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are all the Qs from the show:

Q2
    Amanda Rogers
    Female Q
    Q Junior

Q2 (Corbin Bernsen in "Déjà Q")
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    EnderW wrote: »

Q2
    Amanda Rogers
    Female Q
    Q Junior

Scarecrow Q? I heard he even got an award for being outstanding in his field.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the 5* Ranked next week is
    Shan wrote: »

Ranked Reward 5*: Galaxy Gallivanting Vash (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 08/08.

Sounds like Q Mega......

I'd like to see a good version of another Q as the Recurring.

Maybe Mrs. Q?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Ranked Reward 5*: Galaxy Gallivanting Vash (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 08/08.
    Event Name: The Falcon Falls (rerun)
    Event Type: Hybrid Event Faction/Galaxy
    Event Crew: Loken 5* (New), Mintakan Riker 5* (Existing), Commander Sela 4* (Existing), and Ambassador Spock 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 08/01 until Monday 08/05 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Event Faction: Romulan Star Empire

Bonus crew::
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of W. Riker, Spock, and T. Yar.

And yes, the August Mega-Event will be announced soon
    :)
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

This one:

Event Name: The Falcon Falls (rerun)
    Event Type: Hybrid Event Faction/Galaxy
    Event Crew: Loken 5* (New), Mintakan Riker 5* (Existing), Commander Sela 4* (Existing), and Ambassador Spock 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 08/01 until Monday 08/05 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Event Faction: Romulan Star Empire

Bonus crew::
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of W. Riker, Spock, and T. Yar.

And yes, the August Mega-Event will be announced soon :)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing that Galaxy Gallivanting Vash will try to help us find the Continuum. Maybe Quinn or a Q variant will be the recurring legendary.
    Farewell 🖖
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing that Galaxy Gallivanting Vash will try to help us find the Continuum. Maybe Quinn or a Q variant will be the recurring legendary.

DB does not like to be straightforward in events. A Q as event recurring legendary is the obvious choice so it will not be a Q. I would love for an Amanda Rogers Q.

h7zrexvwnhsw.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it's not Quinn and the character is 3 stats not CMD/dip/sec I'm happy.

DB does not like to be straightforward in events. A Q as event recurring legendary is the obvious choice so it will not be a Q. I would love for an Amanda Rogers Q.

h7zrexvwnhsw.jpg

YoH Janeway and Darth Bashir were obvious choices. It's happened a few times, so it's possible. I've seen a number of requests for Amanda Rogers. I would certainly welcome that possibility.
    Farewell 🖖

h7zrexvwnhsw.jpg

YoH Janeway and Darth Bashir were obvious choices. It's happened a few times, so it's possible. I've seen a number of requests for Amanda Rogers. I would certainly welcome that possibility.

True and yet Krenim Guest Paris and Annorax from that episode were not event crew but Rura Penthe Commandant was. Events are sneaky that way.
    Let’s fly!
    edited July 2019
    I would love to get Kevin Uxbridge from TNG ep "The Survivors." A being of immense power like a Q, in a moment of rage and grief this Douwd killed all the Husnock after they killed his wife and the other colonists.

xppsmxawyn1r.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB rarely features existing legendaries, but Trelane could be a fun addition for the mega.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Galaxy Gallivanting Vash is the first 5* of the Mega, maybe the first event could be an Expedition or Expedition hybrid with Expedition Vash as the 3*?
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭

Oh awesome! I need an extra star on mintakan riker :)
    Proont wrote: »
    If Galaxy Gallivanting Vash is the first 5* of the Mega, maybe the first event could be an Expedition or Expedition hybrid with Expedition Vash as the 3*?

I've thought along similar lines. If ever there was a time for an expedition, it's when we're in search of the Q Continuum with Vash as the event legendary. So... Maybe first event of the mega? I'd hate to plan on such a thing, but hey, it could happen.
    Farewell 🖖