Home The Bridge
Options

New 5* in Vault - Quinn (Episode 10 is Live!)

Comments

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's take a moment to talk about the new Quinn. Solid stats -- will be useful in voyages. But what about traits? Wasn't he considered a prodigy among the Q?

And, through his wish to commit suicide, didn't he become a cultural figure among the Continuum?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    The game obviously rakes in a fortune.

The only reason the game would be ending is if the company itself is going out of business due to its failures with the other games.

It doesn´t rake in a fortune. Stuff like Fortnite, Candy Crush, Homescapes etc. do though.

sensortower.com as example shows 22 millions revenue for Homescapes in june, 300000 for Star Trek Timelines. For a game from a small company and for a special (and by sheer mass limited) audience enough to live on for a while hopefully though.

Also since DB is not going out business, but develops quite a few games currently and is very keen on monetizing their so called Disruptor Engine:

https://www.disruptorbeam.com/about/disruptor-engine

• Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Let's take a moment to talk about the new Quinn. Solid stats -- will be useful in voyages. But what about traits? Wasn't he considered a prodigy among the Q?

I got him at 13th overall for Voyages, third best for DIP/SEC (And I don't own the top two: Resistance Neelix and Rura Penthe Kirk)
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »

I got him at 13th overall for Voyages, third best for DIP/SEC (And I don't own the top two: Resistance Neelix and Rura Penthe Kirk)

So, does that make him the top 3-skill crew for a DIP/SEC voyage combo?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Flemming wrote: »

So, does that make him the top 3-skill crew for a DIP/SEC voyage combo?

Second, after Dahar Master Koloth. Not bad for what's essentially a freebie. Pointing that out just moved him up my certification list, actually.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    what other games does DB develop??
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    what other games does DB develop??

Other than the now-shuttered GoTA and TWD: MtW, nothing has been officially and specifically announced that I am aware of. The latest company news release just says “several” new mobile titles, plus the basic game engine itself as middleware for other developers’ games.

https://www.disruptorbeam.com/blog
  • Options
    If this was the end, why have a mega event? Like if they announced the game was closing right after the end of the next mega, whats the point? Why would anyone bother competing? I
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    If this was the end, why have a mega event? Like if they announced the game was closing right after the end of the next mega, whats the point? Why would anyone bother competing?

Perhaps the top 1500 get to retain access to the server to admire their cards? Everyone else gets booted and loses all their hard earned.
  • Options
    In all seriousness, it might be nice if Shan commented on this thread. I was ready to purchase the High Roller campaign but instead I'm hanging fire. No point in spending money on something that is about to be killed off....
  • Options
    Everyone save screenshots of all your crew lol
  • Options
    cptrioscptrios ✭✭✭
    Wow, I reeeeeally didn't pay enough attention to the text of Ep 10 if it gave some kind of indication that the game was ending...
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    cptrios wrote: »
    Wow, I reeeeeally didn't pay enough attention to the text of Ep 10 if it gave some kind of indication that the game was ending...

we know the cause of the anomaly now. fixing it is a large can of worms however.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I was fearing the same. Time will tell. If they close it, we will get no warning, just like their Game of Thrones one.

While many would have wished for more notice I'm sure, they did announce it was ending 3 months before it did so I wouldn't say no warning.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every few months, we get this discussion of how the game is on the verge of closing. And yet, here we still are.

They just developed a new version of the game. Bugs notwithstanding, the stated purpose is to enable new future content. They keep developing new crew cards. They just developed a new episode. If the $300k/month number is accurate, then Tilting Point has not come close to recouping their investment, yet cash flow remains positive. What part of this leads anyone to think the doors are closing in a few weeks? Calm down Captains, there is still plenty of time to earn your promotions to Commodore or Admiral.

I looked at the above referenced website, the $300k was iTunes only, there was another $400k from google play. So, roughly $700k for June. I don’t know how much DB’s operating costs are but that’s only $8-9m a year of revenue which doesn’t seem great. Full disclosure I have no idea what “good” revenue is. Also those numbers seem a little light with the $100 event packs, monthly cards and campaigns not to mention other spending.

Time will tell but as has been mentioned, they are updating and adding new features so I don’t think it’s going anywhere yet.
  • Options
    cptrioscptrios ✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    Every few months, we get this discussion of how the game is on the verge of closing. And yet, here we still are.

They just developed a new version of the game. Bugs notwithstanding, the stated purpose is to enable new future content. They keep developing new crew cards. They just developed a new episode. If the $300k/month number is accurate, then Tilting Point has not come close to recouping their investment, yet cash flow remains positive. What part of this leads anyone to think the doors are closing in a few weeks? Calm down Captains, there is still plenty of time to earn your promotions to Commodore or Admiral.

I looked at the above referenced website, the $300k was iTunes only, there was another $400k from google play. So, roughly $700k for June. I don’t know how much DB’s operating costs are but that’s only $8-9m a year of revenue which doesn’t seem great. Full disclosure I have no idea what “good” revenue is. Also those numbers seem a little light with the $100 event packs, monthly cards and campaigns not to mention other spending.

Time will tell but as has been mentioned, they are updating and adding new features so I don’t think it’s going anywhere yet.

I also have no idea what "good" revenue is, but that seems like a solid amount of money to me. I always saw DB as likely a relatively small team without huge operating costs, but again...no idea.

Interestingly, in the Tilting Point news, it mentioned that STT had earned $72m by the time of the deal (which was for $29m). That means it's made a lot more than $8-9m per year so far. I guess there're also the Facebook, Steam, and now Windows Store versions to take into account?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    cptrios wrote: »
    gobolts07 wrote: »

I also have no idea what "good" revenue is, but that seems like a solid amount of money to me. I always saw DB as likely a relatively small team without huge operating costs, but again...no idea.

Interestingly, in the Tilting Point news, it mentioned that STT had earned $72m by the time of the deal (which was for $29m). That means it's made a lot more than $8-9m per year so far. I guess there're also the Facebook, Steam, and now Windows Store versions to take into account?

And the Amazon version as well.

Thank you, @Ishmael Marx , for articulating what I was thinking when this subject came up yet again.

Regarding Quinn, I note there is a thread in the Engineering Room about his ... threads, so to speak, but I thought it was pretty cool of DB to make the comet part of his equipment.

Thanks for this game, DB. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    y92kvkc8z58t.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Kind of pissed off right now. Did the final away mission and got Discoprise schems, 100 honor & Quinn. Did an ad (some golf game) and halfway through the game screen goes black and nothing. Only restarting the app got me back to a game screen and of course none of my rewards were doubled. Will try a ticket, but cynically thinking they'll just say something about Ads not being guaranteed or something.

m2x5q5z5w01t.gif
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of pissed off right now. Did the final away mission and got Discoprise schems, 100 honor & Quinn. Did an ad (some golf game) and halfway through the game screen goes black and nothing. Only restarting the app got me back to a game screen and of course none of my rewards were doubled. Will try a ticket, but cynically thinking they'll just say something about Ads not being guaranteed or something.

m2x5q5z5w01t.gif

I think you will be fine. I had the advert doubler freeze my game and CS provided what I missed out on.
  • Options
    y92kvkc8z58t.jpg

Funny.

Though I always think of Manfred Mann when I see the name Quinn. ☺
  • Options
    Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭
    y92kvkc8z58t.jpg

Funny.

Come on without, come on within...
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, I see I'm not the only one who's had the line "you'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn" running through my head the past few days.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    y92kvkc8z58t.jpg

Funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K13hH0pJx5s&list=RDK13hH0pJx5s&start_radio=1&t=0

And I always think of Quinn the Eskimau from G.I. Joe........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    The game is not ending, no o.O
    I am sad that the release of a new episode generated gloom and doom on these forums.

The best thing about people is that, luckily, most of them are often wrong! :)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    The game is not ending, no o.O
    I am sad that the release of a new episode generated gloom and doom on these forums.

Once someone posted what the episode said at the finish, it was clearer it was not an "THE END" summary......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?