Home The Bridge
Options

New 5* in Vault - Quinn (Episode 10 is Live!)

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Nice continuation of the temporal anomaly storyline DB. Since it will also be continued in the next mega somehow it feels a little like "endgame" could be close. If than hopefully only for the story, not for STT itself...

I was thinking the exact same thing. This has "series finale" written all over it.

With Season 3 of Discovery and Season 1 of Picard on the way, why would DB stop adding content to this game?
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The animation onscreen while you are there is kind of different.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice continuation of the temporal anomaly storyline DB. Since it will also be continued in the next mega somehow it feels a little like "endgame" could be close. If than hopefully only for the story, not for STT itself...

I was thinking the exact same thing. This has "series finale" written all over it.

I was fearing the same. Time will tell. If they close it, we will get no warning, just like their Game of Thrones one.
  • Options
    FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    ChaoticDNA wrote: »
    Quinn is the reward for the locked Dip node "Call Out to Inhabitants" that requires 1134 dip to clear. It It is requires Diplomat or Cultural Figure, which are also the bonus traits.

Chancellor L'rell at 1 star cleared it.

Double your rewards DOES work - as in the 2x Rewards Ad Warp.

evap3ioloeh8.png

Edited for clarity

Nice! This will be a rough week for CS :(
    For people who aren't sure how these things work properly: ad warps
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • Options

I was fearing the same. Time will tell. If they close it, we will get no warning, just like their Game of Thrones one.

Beats lied to, as some games do, to keep the stock up until everyone gets their golden parachutes......

I played a game that did that.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drone_one wrote: »
    And hoping Quinn will be the recurring legendary as well. Will be a nice touch

I doubt they would do that. Anyone who fuses him up between now and then would be up in arms.

But I would love it if we got a version of de Lancie's Q - maybe Tapestry?
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    Drone_one wrote: »
    And hoping Quinn will be the recurring legendary as well. Will be a nice touch

I doubt they would do that. Anyone who fuses him up between now and then would be up in arms.

But I would love it if we got a version of de Lancie's Q - maybe Tapestry?

#QuinnGate
  • Options
    Q is also now a trait, I believe it wasn’t before , sneaky sneaky DB
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Yes, loving the storyline! It looks like they took some time developing this one.

Did anyone else notice the final battle, is basically against yourself? No matter what ship you choose, you are fighting the same ship. It even says your enemy is "Your Past Self" – Very cool!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Yateball wrote: »
    Save your 2X ad rewards for the dilithium stuff guys! it works!

2x ad for ship schematics too, and even for the good 4* equipment.

I think I'll spread this campaign out so I can 2x ad warp most, if not all of, the elite and epic missions.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Yateball wrote: »
    Save your 2X ad rewards for the dilithium stuff guys! it works!

2x ad warp for ship schematics too, and even for the good 4* equipment.

I think I'll spread this campaign out so I can 2x ad warp most, if not all of, the elite and epic missions.

Same, I'm saving anything with DIL and the Q reward obviously and doubling all of it. Already got a klingon sisko from a free event pack from all this DIL... Thanks DB! Good day!
  • Options
    NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    Used an ad warp to double up some honor - only just realised I can do the same with dil, needed schematics AND Quinn - going to spin this one out over a while...
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaoticDNA wrote: »
    Quinn is the reward for the locked Dip node "Call Out to Inhabitants" that requires 1134 dip to clear. It It is requires Diplomat or Cultural Figure, which are also the bonus traits.

Chancellor L'rell at 1 star cleared it.

Double your rewards DOES work - as in the 2x Rewards Ad Warp.

evap3ioloeh8.png

Edited for clarity

This would never have occurred to me. Thanks, @ChaoticDNA!
  • Options
    It’s times like this that I wish there was a new item in the Voyage Supplies category:

Instant Recall token.
    🖖🏻

I’ve brought up that same idea before, got mocked for it here
  • Options
    Is this the first time we’ve gone back to the Anatoly since the beginning? I don’t remember the game letting us do that before.

I really hope this isn’t them trying to wrap the game up. It felt like they still had big plans for it this year. And with all the new Trek shows coming out it wouldn’t make sense to quit.

But also if they’re wrapping up the anomaly story, how can the game continue beyond that?
  • Options
    Series finale? You mean season finale lol. They can keep going for more seasons if you will.
    Fleet - Omega Molecules
    lv 94 - 600+ immortalized w/ 572 unique - 15 collections max level - VIP14 - Missing 17 1/4 SR characters.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now the reason for more crew slots is much clearer.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    NS111111 wrote: »
    Used an ad warp to double up some honor - only just realised I can do the same with dil, needed schematics AND Quinn - going to spin this one out over a while...

did no one ever bring this up for Ep9 when you got your premium 10x Portal etc. ad-doubled?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

did no one ever bring this up for Ep9 when you got your premium 10x Portal etc. ad-doubled?

Hadn't occured to me on that one, damn, I missed out on a straight pull of a 4 star I've had maxed for 3 years
  • Options

I don’t remember a 10x premium pull being part of the rewards
  • Options

I don’t remember a 10x premium pull being part of the rewards

I did do an ad-double on the 10x portal on the last Saturday cadet mission on my alternate F2P account not that long ago. It worked, I got two.
  • Options
    @Shan you guys aren’t planning on ending the game on us are you? Lol
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

There will be a warning. Some months ahead of it (whenever that will be). They did that with Game of Thrones 2. Since they are developing quite a few new games just shutting STT down without even an advance notice would mean we surely would not even look into their other projects...

• Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Series finale? You mean season finale lol. They can keep going for more seasons if you will.

The game is based on this temporal anomaly thing. If they solve the mystery behind it the whole concept of STT would not work anymore. And I cannot imagine they will rework the whole game structure.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I agree, and with the amount of crew that players want (seen on the “most wanted ships and crew”) most of which haven’t been added yet, DB still has plenty of opportunities to make money and add characters that players want and are excited about.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    Shan also told us the two updates are for future expansion and ability to add new features. They just launched the campaigns as well, I think we’ll have a game for a while yet.

Provided DB didn't study what Robert Kirkland just pulled with The Walking Dead....
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man, it didn't even occur to me to double the rewards. I feel like a total idiot!