Home The Bridge
Options

New 5* in Vault - Quinn (Episode 10 is Live!)

Comments

• Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    unfortunate indeed about the doom and gloom, as this was by far my favorite episode so far. Even has a great visual in the anomaly mission!
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    unfortunate indeed about the doom and gloom, as this was by far my favorite episode so far. Even has a great visual in the anomaly mission!

It’s cool how when you move the screen around the ship goes in and out of “phase.”

I completely agree, it’s the best and most challenging episode so far. Keep them coming!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for clarifying @Shan! Nice to see the doom and gloom was for naught.

Now can we commence the speculation for the next Mega? I'm hoping a Continuum theme means Q as the recurring. Would love Afterlife Q from "Tapestry" with CMD/MED/DIP skillset.
  • Options
    happy to have quinn finally more Q ! still quite a lot more Q to add to the game
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q is also now a trait, I believe it wasn’t before , sneaky sneaky DB

Human Q also has the Q trait. (Don't know if that is appropriate, the premise of that character was Q was no longer part of the continuum)
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to add that I agree the Continuum crew need the "Continuum" Trait instead of just "Q". The search for a Q gets clogged with every Maquis and Quark you have, when you need to find a Q......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Now can we commence the speculation for the next Mega? I'm hoping a Continuum theme means Q as the recurring. Would love Afterlife Q from "Tapestry" with CMD/MED/DIP skillset.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Blows my mind that no Q is a huge SCI crew. I feel like Tapestry Q should be SCI/MED/DIP and that would definitely get me pumped for the next mega.

Btw, thanks for always putting up the new crew threads here <3
  • Options
    “The new missions shed light on the origins of the temporal crisis – including the fate of the Q Continuum – and will be key to understanding next month’s Mega-Event (to be announced at the end of July).”

This part in the announcement makes me wonder if it’s going to be a Q themed mega and perhaps Quinn will be the recurring legendary and this is their way of ensuring everyone gets a FF Quinn.

At any rate, I think it would be a good idea to get him FE before the mega
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    “The new missions shed light on the origins of the temporal crisis – including the fate of the Q Continuum – and will be key to understanding next month’s Mega-Event (to be announced at the end of July).”

This part in the announcement makes me wonder if it’s going to be a Q themed mega and perhaps Quinn will be the recurring legendary and this is their way of ensuring everyone gets a FF Quinn.

Having Quinn be introduced several weeks before a mega event and also be the recurring legendary would be an interesting approach but one I doubt would go over well without being announced as such beforehand. Besides, if he isn’t the recurring legendary we will still have a chance for Afterlife Q with that SCI/MED/COM skill set someone suggested.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

Having Quinn be introduced several weeks before a mega event and also be the recurring legendary would be an interesting approach but one I doubt would go over well without being announced as such beforehand. Besides, if he isn’t the recurring legendary we will still have a chance for Afterlife Q with that SCI/MED/COM skill set someone suggested.

I agree with you, but I'm waiting to add any citations to Quinn until the mega event is fully announced.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    A few quick things:

Quinn has been on my wish list since I started playing. I bust VOY's chops now and again, but I loved "Death Wish" and that character. I've struggled with suicidal ideation since childhood, and Quinn made me feel a lot less alone.

I'm grateful to my fleet mate(s) who told me that @ChaoticDNA confirmed that double ad warps would work on him. I sympathize with anyone who missed out, for whatever reason.

If we're to have a follow-up this with the August Mega, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Quinn should feature in the next Campaign, which would begin halfway into it. He ain't gettin' no Citations from me for the time bein', I can tell ya that.

Related: Just who the hell can crit "Highway to Hell" Epic 2A (SCI; Resourceful OR Hunter)? Come to think of it, why aren't all Spocks Resourceful?

SPOCK: This is a new brig, Captain. Completely escape-proof. To guarantee that, they used the most intelligent, most resourceful person they could find. He was unable to escape.

KIRK: This person didn't happen to have pointed ears, and a propensity for getting his shipmates in trouble, did he?

SPOCK: He did have pointed ears.

EDIT TO ADD: Turns out Laas can crit that node. Everyone my fleet mates suggested had been portal only crew I hadn't acquired.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few quick things:

Quinn has been on my wish list since I started playing. I bust VOY's chops now and again, but I loved "Death Wish" and that character. I've struggled with suicidal ideation since childhood, and Quinn made me feel a lot less alone.

I'm grateful to my fleet mate(s) who told me that @ChaoticDNA confirmed that double ad warps would work on him. I sympathize with anyone who missed out, for whatever reason.

If we're to have a follow-up this with the August Mega, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Quinn should feature in the next Campaign, which would begin halfway into it. He ain't gettin' no Citations from me for the time bein', I can tell ya that.

Related: Just who the hell can crit "Highway to Hell" Epic 2A (SCI; Resourceful OR Hunter)? Come to think of it, why aren't all Spocks Resourceful?

SPOCK: This is a new brig, Captain. Completely escape-proof. To guarantee that, they used the most intelligent, most resourceful person they could find. He was unable to escape.

KIRK: This person didn't happen to have pointed ears, and a propensity for getting his shipmates in trouble, did he?

SPOCK: He did have pointed ears.

EDIT TO ADD: Turns out Laas can crit that node. Everyone my fleet mates suggested had been portal only crew I hadn't acquired.

Well, I hit the quote button before you edited but I’ll still chime in: I chanced it on that mission and went with my 1/5* Gary Seven. It made the other nodes a little challenging but he came before my 3/5* Survivalist Kirk and Laas is in the freezer.

For what it’s worth, I bet the only Hunters with SCI high enough to clear on Epic would be EV Suit Seven and the 8472 Invader.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Related: Just who the hell can crit "Highway to Hell" Epic 2A (SCI; Resourceful OR Hunter)?

Assimilated Janeway was who I used, I believe.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I forgot to chime in on the matter of what the Q Continuum withdrawing portends. It didn't occur to me to read that as a sign that DB was gonna close up shop, but rather that it's their way of sidelining the Q as we go into the new Picard series, and with Disco S3 going to be set, uh, later than the first two. The series are unlikely to even mention or discuss Q, I would imagine, but by sidelining them in the game, DB has managed to sidestep even having to guess what (if anything) they may do canonically. I think it was a smart storytelling choice. (Still eager to see what the new geopolitical landscapes of the two series are and how DB incorporates them!)
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Blows my mind that no Q is a huge SCI crew. I feel like Tapestry Q should be SCI/MED/DIP and that would definitely get me pumped for the next mega.

Btw, thanks for always putting up the new crew threads here <3

It's my pleasure! Gives me something to look forward to on boring Tuesdays ;)
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Related: Just who the hell can crit "Highway to Hell" Epic 2A (SCI; Resourceful OR Hunter)?

Assimilated Janeway was who I used, I believe.

Same, she was successful at 4/5.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that the event is over, time to turn my attention back to Episode 10. I'll probably do my big prize farming on Tuesday as I want to use my Warps for Monday's Cadet Challenges to stock up on some items.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Is there any reason to leave the second ad copy of Quinn unfused? Is he a shuttle beast, or fuse with other Q, or anything like that?
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Is there any reason to leave the second ad copy of Quinn unfused? Is he a shuttle beast, or fuse with other Q, or anything like that?

He has very good DIP base (just a few points below Humbled Archer) but only a few traits, however there could well be a Q event in the offing.

For Voyages I find him very similar to Rura Penthe Kirk. With exception to Quinn's 3 skills instead of Kirk's 2 skills and Dip is the primary rather than SEC, their combined voyage score for their primary and secondary skills are very similar. However the 3rd skill makes Quinn a top 15 voyage rank currently.

There is a case for creating 2 copies simultaneously, however for me I'd personally fuse him up rather than think about building two that's a very long term investment. He'll be a great improvement for most rosters unless you have the likes of Dahar Master Koloth.

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

He has very good DIP base (just a few points below Humbled Archer) but only a few traits, however there could well be a Q event in the offing.

For Voyages I find him very similar to Rura Penthe Kirk. With exception to Quinn's 3 skills instead of Kirk's 2 skills and Dip is the primary rather than SEC, their combined voyage score for their primary and secondary skills are very similar. However the 3rd skill makes Quinn a top 15 voyage rank currently.

There is a case for creating 2 copies simultaneously, however for me I'd personally fuse him up rather than think about building two that's a very long term investment. He'll be a great improvement for most rosters unless you have the likes of Dahar Master Koloth.

Much appreciated analysis. Always a little buyer’s remorse/FOMO at the back of my head with these irreversible decisions.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Trollita wrote: »
    *cough*

Oops. Did I bump a thread about the new episode 10 release? And the thread is almost two years old?

Is this a good time to ask when we might see an episode 11? :)

Ask for 12, settle for 11.

Doesn't matter, you'll get neither. They're content to run the same mindless events over and over without developing new playable content.
  • Options
    PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    The episodes are the most interesting part of the game. Otherwise we're left to do the 3 weekly event types again, and again, and again and again. Most people also only play for the collections aspect of the game, few people are thrilled to grind 10-30 hours on weekends so it's why 80% of the people get to 130k or below on weekends. If they did a new episode every other month, we'd finally put to use 90% of the FF cards who otherwise collect dust.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Okay. So, new episodes seem beneath some of the veteran players. Kind of a shame. The story stops?
    ggtplwmnvyum.jpeg