• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    21 5/5*
    9 4/5*
    12 3/5
    23 2/5*
    49 1/5*

I have been alot more selective in the events I push for the main character though some battles are lost, (I narrowly missed out on Wrathful Kirk - that was a tough event.)

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    I agree with the general idea of the OP , but i think only 5* crew should be allowed to be frozen as is ...and having to unfreeze it when fusing is an acceptable "work" load.
    That being said deprecated 5*'s from the early year(s) should be made easier to obtain , it would help out new players tbh, who actually care about a card with sub 1k stats. That or "buff" them.
    And finally here's my golden burden:

1/5: 86
    2/5: 30
    3/5: 5
    4/5: 2
    5/5: 26

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    You got me curious so I went through my crew of 5*s.

1/5 - 77
    2/5 - 42
    3/5 - 17
    4/5 - 12

I had no idea that I had 77 1/5s.

DB, you guys gotta do something about this. Perhaps add all year 1 crew to the voyage drop table?

This seems like a legit solution to me, it would get people back into voyaging heavy too and perhaps paying to extend? I'll often times forget to send a voyage back out because I have all the purples in the current drop table FF so what's the point? This would make it worthwhile

Also, my 1/5 count is at 80
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    For a thread that could have easily turned into a long stream of complaining or a rehashing of the old honor-debt thread, there has been some good discussion and idea generation for DB to consider. There are 3 main ideas that I see...

1. Increase the drop-rate of 5* crew and/or introduce an alternative to the current premium 10-pack

2. Increase the honor exchange rate - you currently need to trade in 91 x 5* crew or 250 x 4* crew in order to get a single 5* citation!

3. Create a new in-game mechanism that would act similarly to the cryo vault, for any fully-equipped but not fully-fused crew. This feature could have a more expensive retrieval cost (ie: 500 or 1,000 merits), and/or those crew members would not be able to be reactivated until you are fusing them. Perhaps the mechanism could be called Shore Leave, with them being dropped off at Risa, effectively leaving your crew for an unspecified amount of time.

Any other ideas??

Allowing inter fleet trading of cards? This could actually have multiple benefits

- Actually make being in a fleet meaningful. At the moment, if you arent in an active fleet, its pretty boring and can feel like an echo chamber. And in the lack of any fleet rewards for events, this could be a nice kicker to add value to being in a fleet. (maybe even create a Trading Room in the starbase)
    - Actually fosters teamwork in a fleet. Fleet members could compete together and know that doing well in an event could actually benefit another team member (eg. if someone is really keen on getting this week's card but you aren't, you would be happy to trade it away even if you dont get something useful for it). Pay it forward and when its a card you want, then you might have a better chance of getting copies of it.

Some ways to prevent 'gaming'
    - Locking it to a fleet helps to contain some of the hacks out there with multi-account holders. There could be a cool down period before any new fleet member could start trading (2 weeks?) in order to prevent people hopping fleets just to trade.
    - Locking down the number of trades to 1 per week? Perhaps with a trade token or a non-trivial amount of credits/merits/cron etc.
    - Only allowing like for like trades eg. a 1/5* can only be traded with at most a 2/5 or a 4/4. Prevent people trading an immortalized 5* for a 1* for account harvesting.
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not there yet, but I see no alternative to airlocking useless / stupid gold cards. Shinzon already has a seat next to the airlock...
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a thread that could have easily turned into a long stream of complaining or a rehashing of the old honor-debt thread, there has been some good discussion and idea generation for DB to consider. There are 3 main ideas that I see...

1. Increase the drop-rate of 5* crew and/or introduce an alternative to the current premium 10-pack

2. Increase the honor exchange rate - you currently need to trade in 91 x 5* crew or 250 x 4* crew in order to get a single 5* citation!

3. Create a new in-game mechanism that would act similarly to the cryo vault, for any fully-equipped but not fully-fused crew. This feature could have a more expensive retrieval cost (ie: 500 or 1,000 merits), and/or those crew members would not be able to be reactivated until you are fusing them. Perhaps the mechanism could be called Shore Leave, with them being dropped off at Risa, effectively leaving your crew for an unspecified amount of time.

Any other ideas??

Another option to go along with #1 would be including 5* citations in premium packs, either as a rare drop or even included in some/all 5* beholds.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any other ideas??
    I would take an ability to respin on beholds, even if it were for Dil.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Would be good if we could combine three one star legendaries into a legendary citation. Or even if it were five to one. I checked my legendary numbers as well.
    1/5 - 111
    2/5 - 29
    3/5 - 8
    4/5 - 4
    5/5 - 33
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    1/5 - 77
    2/5 - 29
    3/5 - 10
    4/5 - 9
    5/5 - 17

I'll have another 5/5 with the 4th campaign Sisko and another 4/5 fron the campaign citation.

Some of my 1/5s and 2/5s are the result of getting lucky (or unlucky, if I wanted a 4* instead) in event packs or getting top 1000/1500 to get the ranked 5* to have a better shot at the ranked 5* in the following event (like Frederick La Rouque to get Wrathful Kirk). I also have a couple of 3/5s that I never use for voyages or shuttles (except when bonus/event crew), such as Smitten Picard, Will Scarlet Worf, Convergence Day Quark, and Umpire Odo, who might have useful stats if I got them to 5/5 but would only get there if I keep getting them in otherwise awful begolds.

I won't even go into the 1/5s that are completely horrible, like Mirror Kirk, Disguised Kira, or Mirror Landry (she was one I incidentally got during a faction where I tried to get the threshold voyage token but also got top 1500), for whom I would not take more stars unless my other choices were Grillka and Captain Scott (as much as I like the character and episode).
  • Options
    ChaoticDNAChaoticDNA ✭✭✭
    Its been a while since I looked, but after 2+ years:

32 5/5
    6 4/5
    7 3/5
    19 2/5
    70 1/5

7 3/4
    1 2/4

The concept of grouping the cards/packs by age has been brought up before. It certainly is a marketable solution (product lifecycle and all that jazz), just need to manage it technically.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • Options
    [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    5/5 - 29 (more than I expected tbh)
    4/5 - 11
    3/5 - 17
    2/5 - 33
    1/5 - 70

I have 240 slots total, 20 free. 32% of my filled slots have 1/5s in them
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    [KM]Videm wrote: »
    5/5 - 29 (more than I expected tbh)
    4/5 - 11
    3/5 - 17
    2/5 - 33
    1/5 - 70

I have 240 slots total, 20 free. 32% of my filled slots have 1/5s in them

I have 240 slots, one slot is free right now due to the event, though I typically have about 10.

5/5 - 128 which includes 2 duplicates. 39 are currently in the vault.
    4/5 - 20
    3/5 - 33
    2/5 - 35
    1/5 - 37

This does not include duplicates I haven't decided I'm keeping. In that case I would add 2 more 2/5 and 6 more 1/5.
  • Options
    Ace_RimmerAce_Rimmer ✭✭✭
    I've got 245 slots.
    192 of those are filled with 5 stars. 40 them immortalised.

I get into the top 1k every event so that's another 1/5 every week.

I've probably got a year or so left then my entire roster will be filled with 5 stars.

Ive been having the same thoughts. If it carries on like this I'll have to not compete in an event so as to not get the new 5 star. I guess a lot of other people will be in the same situation.
  • Options
    Good discussion on this and not a problem I currently face but the bottom line is crew slots are too expensive.
    Another option could be to limit crew slots “on the ship” which are the ones used to staff missions / voyages etc. Then introduce a cryo vault for FE cards with a much bigger capacity - dare I say even infinite. Coupled with a means of DB monetising honor in a different way could pay off for everyone.
    To the OP I wouldn’t be precious about 5* cards around 8 weeks ago I airlocked judge Q - possibly a bad move however he was a rubbish card and I couldn’t afford to have him 1/5 for the next 3 years. I need to maximise my slots to get voyage returns
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I like most aspects of the game (and there are areas that need improvement), but I’d rather have the card at 1/5 than not at all. With enough cards, you can be descent in events. I look at reruns as ways to gather more stars on cards I have between 1/5 and 4/5 (and the occasional reduced dilithium packs). To save on space, I freeze DL’s (Decrepit Legendaries) I do have immortalized, like Shinzon, so I don’t have to buy crew slots. At the moment, I have two 3*, six 4*, and the rest are varying degrees of 5* (everyone else is in the fridge). For me, when I no longer like the characters or collecting the cards, it will be time to leave. I do wish DB would do something to make DL’s a little more useful/available, like a cadet mission style deal with those cards on Tuesday. Just my two cents...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    5/5 - 9
    4/5 - 8
    3/5 - 8
    2/5 - 28
    1/5 - 43
    0/5 - 4 in mail
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    5/5 - 6
    4/5 - 4
    3/5 - 10
    2/5 - 8
    1/5 - 33

I've got 220 slots, so the 1/5 cards are ~7% of my roster, non-FF is 25% total. Non-FF 4* are what's killing me, they are taking up about half my slots.

I think either allowing the fusing of lvl 100, fully equipped 1/5 cards for a 5* citation or a citation generator in the Starbase would be a great way for DB to clean this up. The starbase solution would keep people engaged in the game as they have to keep playing and pitch in as a team to get the citations.
  • Options
    I'm not as far along as everyone else here, but I can start to sympathize. In golds I have probably 10-15-ish 1 stars and only one 2 star (Darth Bashir). 3 immortalized. In purple's is where I definitely agree, even though that's not quite the same subject matter - I know it'll be easier to get them out of the way. But even then I'm stuck with a ton of 1 or 2 star purple's from events I didn't really push in, and most of them are decent so I don't really want to airlock them but I'm also about out of room. Would definitely like to be able to move my 1 star golds out of the way so I can have some room to work with.
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    5/5 - 78 (Includes High Roller a few days early)
    4/5 - 15
    3/5 - 25
    2/5 - 53
    1/5 - 94
    0/5 - 54 (just for fun)

I love the idea of older 5*s added to the Voyage loot table.

Edit: Unlike many, I absolutely always chose new crew over stars, because I can honor up a star, but not a crew. I am currently missing only 56 crew.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    5/5 – 159
    4/5 – 12
    3/5 – 13
    2/5 – 13
    1/5 – 27

Ditto on older 5*s added to the Voyage loot table.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Think Id be shocked if DB actually responds to these genuine concerns, but not holding my breath
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of older 5* crew in voyages. I think they could also get a higher drop rate in premium packs (at the expense of lower drop rates for stuff like 3* crew and 3* schematics).
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    5/5 = 7
    4/5 = 14
    3/5 = 1
    2/5 = 8
    1/5 = 53 - most of these are not used at all. Lot of 4/4 are better and more used.

Older and weaker 5* crew should be easier to obtain somehow
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started playing only in April, so my roster is very young. Still I obtained so far

1/5 - 33 (Kirk not even claimed due to lack of space)
    2/5 - 5
    3/5 - 6
    4/5 - 4 (already counting in the 4th star on HR Sisko due in a few days)
    5/5 - 2

I never chose new crew over stars so far, so @[GoT] LuckyNumberHat's concern is absolutely valid. Running in the situation he describes will very likely cause me to quit the game, but of course this problem lies quite some time in the future for me.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    GhaziGhazi ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of adding the really old 5* to voyages. Another possibility would be to add the in store 5* for obscene amounts of merits. Or to make campaigns all citations and one 5* at the end so you can still have the option to max out the monthly character if you want to and don’t have it in your collection yet, or if you already have it, you have more control over where to spread your monthly prizes.

My collection:

1/5: 66
    2/5: 30
    3/5: 17
    4/5: 10
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, thank you @SoupKitchen Riker for using my phrase "Decrepit Legendaries". That made me laugh to see it again. We had a pretty good conversation about those in this thread: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14243/idea-for-tuesdays-decrepit-legendaries#latest

I hope DB looks at this as something they can monetize. Otherwise, they will keep using the slots as their tool. You can manage your resources or pay so you keep more of the crew that you acquire. I favor the pool of Decrepit Legendaries so they can still make money by giving us something that we want.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, thank you @SoupKitchen Riker for using my phrase "Decrepit Legendaries". That made me laugh to see it again. We had a pretty good conversation about those in this thread: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14243/idea-for-tuesdays-decrepit-legendaries#latest

I hope DB looks at this as something they can monetize. Otherwise, they will keep using the slots as their tool. You can manage your resources or pay so you keep more of the crew that you acquire. I favor the pool of Decrepit Legendaries so they can still make money by giving us something that we want.

t5492pnx1ahs.jpg

Let’s fly!
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of five - seventy five
    Two of five - twenty five
    Three of five - five
    Four of five - nine
    Five of five - eighteen

Apart from the last two groups I thought I had a good rhythm going, one or two small notes
    Mintakan Riker is 4/5
    I also have a citation worth in honor but waiting till the mega event as I am unlikely to accumulate more in time for the event
    And Phoenix cochrane is in my message as well as my dupe of survivalist kirk.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO