Home The Bridge
Options

The Thing Most Likely to End My STT Career is an Army of 1/5*s

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that citations come with each campaign, I don't buy them with honor anymore. Instead I buy legendary beholds. With an army of 1+/5, the chances of getting some options that will add a star to somebody are pretty good. The other day in fact I immortalized Emotion Chip Data this way, and he wasn't the first. As long as you don't have someone particular in mind to upgrade, it stretches your honor a bit further.
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »
    This piqued my curiosity as well.
    1/5: 51
    2/5: 13
    3/5: 2
    4/5: 3
    5/5: 8

1/5: 64
    2/5: 11
    3/5: 3
    4/5: 7
    5/5: 11
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that citations come with each campaign, I don't buy them with honor anymore. Instead I buy legendary beholds. With an army of 1+/5, the chances of getting some options that will add a star to somebody are pretty good. The other day in fact I immortalized Emotion Chip Data this way, and he wasn't the first. As long as you don't have someone particular in mind to upgrade, it stretches your honor a bit further.

I would never do this unless the beholds are at a significant discount as there are too many pitfalls, such as getting a fully immortalised behold or a weak card. You also give up the chance to strategically improve your crew for the various aspects of gameplay.

Haven't come across any all-FF legendaries yet. It took a long time for me to reach that point with Super Rares. SR beholds occur nine times as often and require one less star to be FF. I know its statistically possible, and eventually inevitable, but given the size of the legendary pool and my current legendary collection...

5/5 35
    4/5 15
    3/5 17
    2/5 26
    1/5 81

...I'm far more likely to add a star to somebody. I do not recommend this tactic if you have a specific crewmember you want to cite up as soon as possible, or have a specific skill combo you want to upgrade. But if you are interested in collecting and immortalizing and you worry about honor debt, this equates to a 10% savings (several years of tapping, if various estimates are correct) at least until FF beholds start showing up. It may not fit every playing style, but it's worth considering.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I acknowledge that DB has made honor more readily available. Having said that, they have by no means opened the flood gates either. I agree that the system can be tweaked.

I also agree that rewards are skewed (IMHO). 25-1500 getting a 1/5 is off. It was off at 25-1000 before that (or even at 15-1000 if you can remember some of those events). I liked Mirror JC’s revised reward structure posted on page three I think?

I do not agree with being able to freeze a FE 1/5. The vault is for immortalized characters, and your in-game (non-vaulted) crew space is limited. Making those harder decisions about characters, values, and space is part of the game.

I will finish by saying that Renegade Captain Tom Riker (who the stolen USS Defiant) should be a 5* in the game. Just wanted to lighten it up a bit at the end.

Many interesting ideas and arguments in the thread made for a good read.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    ChaoticDNA wrote: »
    Its been a while since I looked, but after 2+ years:

32 5/5
    6 4/5
    7 3/5
    19 2/5
    70 1/5

Here's what 3 months has done:

5/5 40, an increase of 8.
    4/5 7, an increase of 1.
    3/5 12, an increase of 5.
    2/5 22, an increase of 3.
    1/5 82, an increase of 12.

At this point only 14 out of 177 non-frozen crew are either 3 (3 - 1 leveling for dailies, 2 for Arena) or 4 stars (...and 2 of those are Coffee Janeways waiting for Mutated Paris for the last 2 stars on Evolved Janeway).
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    5/5 = 8
    4/5 = 21
    3/5 = 3
    2/5 = 13
    1/5 = 57
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options

I have 240 slots, one slot is free right now due to the event, though I typically have about 10.

5/5 - 128 which includes 2 duplicates. 39 are currently in the vault.
    4/5 - 20
    3/5 - 33
    2/5 - 35
    1/5 - 37

This does not include duplicates I haven't decided I'm keeping. In that case I would add 2 more 2/5 and 6 more 1/5.

5/5 - 147 (+15%) which includes 5 duplicates. 54 are currently in the vault.
    4/5 - 23 (+15%)
    3/5 - 31 (-6.5%)
    2/5 - 31 (-13%)
    1/5 - 38 (+2.7%)

This does not include duplicates I haven't decided I'm keeping. In that case I would add 3 4/5, 1 3/5, 3 2/5 and 6 more 1/5.

So shockingly, despite increasing the number of immortalized legendary crew, I'm in a worse position in terms of more unfused crew.

• Options
    Today i had enough for merit pull and got a Captain Scott. My inital recation was "yes!!" But on reflection I am a little bit gutted it wasnt a card i could add to my other 5 star cards. My
    5 star card stats as of today are:

5/5 x2 (both active, with none in cryo)
    4/5 x14
    3/5 x 0
    2/5 x16
    1/5 x 41!!!

Just wish there was a better way to choose which legendary you get. Maybe all 5 star drops should be beholds???

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaoticDNA wrote: »
    At this point only 14 out of 177 non-frozen crew are either 3 (3 - 1 leveling for dailies, 2 for Arena) or 4 stars (...and 2 of those are Coffee Janeways waiting for Mutated Paris for the last 2 stars on Evolved Janeway).

Same here, though I decided to stop trying hard in the Commander division of the arena. The non-event 3*/4*s that are active for me is about as short as it gets:

Arena
    1/3* CO Sisko
    Ardra
    Undercover O’Brien
    Thelin
    Tarah (these last two double as vanity crew)

Gauntlet
    Antaak
    Doc Crusher
    Mirror Phlox
    Nurse Garland
    Marshal of France Q

Other
    Shras (vanity crew)
    3/4* Leonard McCoy
    1/4* Colonel Worf
    3/4* Dougherty
    1/4* Indignant Seven
    1/4* Caveman Riker
    2 Coffee Janeways and a Mutated Paris

If I ever switch my bridge crew theme, I could ice Shras and probably both Thelin and Tarah, then use some gauntleteers in their places in the Captain division of the arena. Four more months of campaign 4* citations and I can be rid of the voyage-only crew, and just a few lucky pack drops and I can freeze Dougherty and get the next star for Evolved Janeway. Being rid of Seven and Riker is a much longer game...
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    It’s gotten to the point where if I get a behold, unless it is a character I really really want, I always take the star, no matter how bad the character because otherwise all my crew languish in 1/5 hell.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    1/5 : 65
    2/5 : 16
    3/5 : 1
    4/5 : 8
    5/5 : 24 (23 active).

Extras:
    - 3/5 Bartender Guinan and 1/5 Armus - both lvl 1 ... just don't feel right air locking them ... yet.
    - Frozen 5/5 : 1 (Minuet).
    - I make a point of adding stars to crew in beholds if possible (no matter how poor the crew), unless there is an insane choice amongst the three that I don't have yet (e.g. Gary Seven, FO Burnham, Stranded Quark are exceptions).