Home The Bridge
Options

The Thing Most Likely to End My STT Career is an Army of 1/5*s

Comments

• Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    My advice to you all sitting on a ton of 1/5* is to not cite the often recommended da Vinci or other Med/Eng/whatever crew. Instead, cite your CMD/DIP/SEC crew. Why? Because they're your best voyagers most likely. These are common combinations at very high numbers. You want to get as many voyage combos as you can to where they can hit the 10hr mark. Who cares if my Med/Eng voyage gets another 15 minutes to it if I'm already passed 8hrs? You get pretty much no benefit until you reach that next plateau. Getting natural 10hr voyages means more crew to push out the airlock which means more honor which means more citations. Your ultimate goal is to feed your x/5* crew with citations so you want to do what you can to fuel them with honor points. This means boosting your best chance voyagers until they can hit the 10hr mark as often as possible. Only then do you move down the list to the next most likely combination (which will be some combination of Cmd or Dip or Sec with one of the less common skills).
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

3. Create a new in-game mechanism that would act similarly to the cryo vault, for any fully-equipped but not fully-fused crew. This feature could have a more expensive retrieval cost (ie: 500 or 1,000 merits), and/or those crew members would not be able to be reactivated until you are fusing them. Perhaps the mechanism could be called Shore Leave, with them being dropped off at Risa, effectively leaving your crew for an unspecified amount of time.

Any other ideas??

every time this topic comes up, i suggest something very similar, call it a "borg alcove" or something, and make it a:

- starbase room, so we have somewhere new to donate
    - each upgrade lets you "assimilate" an additional 1/5 off of your crew slots and into the alcove, which is basically the vault
    - and for each one, you'd get some minimal extra resource(s), like maybe 10 honor or 100 credits or something small, but noticeable once it adds up...

the only thing that's changed since i started asking for this is that we actually DO have a borg faction now! :)

• Options
    I don't buy much stuff with real money and most of my 1/5s come from free premium pulls and from time to time from a good rank in events. Used to hoard them until i realized there is almost zero chance to FF them. I just airlock the cards i don't want and keep only the ones with a nice artwork (mostly Sevens and Tillies and the like :) ).
    Statistics:
    5/5: 20, mostly from Mega Events and Reward Track
    4/5: 0
    3/5: 5
    2/5: 6
    1/5: 14
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Options
    Mid level here - all greys, greens and all but 2 blues in the freezer. I realised a while ago that most purples are disposable. I have no need for them in Galaxy missions. If they don't have a skill above 800 or some value in Gauntlet or Ship Boost they join the queue outside the airlock. No collections, front of the queue. One collection, just behind them. If I get 3 stars on them (usually in an event) then I citation them up when I can. I can usually count on freezing 4-6 crew a week. 10+ go out the airlock.

This is all to make room for more golds because my active roster is about half and half purples and golds right now. I worry about the 1/5s filling up my roster and dread the day when I have to freeze any 5/5s to make room.

5/1 - 31
    5/2 - 4
    5/3 - 2
    5/4 - 9
    5/5 - 1
  • Options
    I have 63 Legendary crew at 1 star. Also have all my crew fully equipped. I only need voyage only crew and super crew from portal when that gets up dated. I just farm items for galaxy now. Would it harm the game if some of the weaker Legendary were made easier to obtain. I think it may make the game better and I might spend more money if I could obtain Legendary crew easier. I dont take up offers for 10*10 packs or Tuesdays pack offers these days.
  • Options
    I'm running at:

5: 38
    4: 18
    3: 22
    2: 34
    1: 74

Although High Roller will be shifting from 4->5, and Bev Picard from 3->5 by end of campaign.

I can't see DB allowing FE 5*s to be frozen - after all an ever-expanding number of 5*s places pressure on crew slots to be purchased - but I think a new Starbase Room, say Tactical Planning, would float.

Example:

Similar to a voyage, there are 2 slots per skill, and they're reassigned from your roster, thus making them unavailable for x number days and freeing up slots.

As the room increases in level, you get another 2 slots per skill.

Have them generate something minor, as the main utility is freeing up crew slots, or maybe 'reset' the rare rewards on a random mission for 24 hours.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with crew slot rooms has been pointed out by others. If you leave a fleet, you are suddenly over your limit.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with crew slot rooms has been pointed out by others. If you leave a fleet, you are suddenly over your limit.
    There is no fleet room providing crew space. Does the fleet itself? How many?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options

Then don't leave until you've got your crew sorted out?

Even if you don't, you've still got a period of grace you sort out your roster before they're deleted.

I'm not seeing that as a problem of a game mechanism itself, it's just another limit/resource management to account for.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freezing my first legendary: Mirror Regent Worf, utterly useless.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk if someone may have mentioned in this thread or likely before in a different thread. Im sure i am not alone in suggesting maybe increase the 5* rank rewards. Only the top 25 rank placers get more than 1/5*. From 26-1500 gets 1/5*. (they did raise it from 1000 a while back). Alot of 1/5 also come from events. It would seem like 1-25 vs 26-1500 rank is a huge gap that could be re-worked for 5* copies. Such as
    Rank 1-5 gets 5/5.
    6-100 gets 4/5,
    101-400 gets 3/5,
    401-999 gets 2/5,
    1000-1500 gets 1/5.
    Might make events more competitive if rewarding better than those pesky 1/5 for 26-1500 rank rewards.

In addition to some older 5* dropping in voyages and increasing the droprate in the portal.

3 minor changes to help ppl complete their crew and move forward in the (card collecting) game so we have room for more, and look forward to more. Instead of feeling burdened by 1/5 or 2/5.
    Absolutely love every bit of it.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Don't know if it's been mentioned, but what about selling 5* cites? They (try) to sell 4* cites already, I would think more than a few people would consider throwing some cash at it. Feel free to discuss a fair price.

Half price honor hall cite sale would be a thing of beauty.

I would love a reduced cost 2016 pack that only has begolds (although throwing in beholds would be mandatory, I'm sure).

After that have the 2016 5* drop in voyages.

That would certainly help people FF the old ones and make DB some money. Everybody wins.

Thoughts?

• Options
    cptrioscptrios ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    All of the ideas in this thread are great, and this is indeed a problem (though my 1/5 count is a sight smaller than a lot of those posted already). But the only one that wouldn't require a bunch of changes to the game's structure is adding old Legendary crew to the voyage loot table. That's both an excellent and feasible idea!

Buuut why not just address the root issue? Citations are simply too expensive! If the typical player earns enough for 4 legendary citations every 2 months or so (I'm basing this on my own numbers, minus a bit to account for lower spending than my ~$20 per month), that means we can IM 4 1/5 Legendary crew per year, with two citations left over for mega crew. 4! Considering that there are 319 legendary cards in the game...well.

So why not reduce the price of gold citations to 35k? It's still high, and still presents a challenge. But where we'd normally be getting 18 citations a year, we'd now be up to 25. Which means 6 IM golds instead of 4. Surely that's a modest enough increase? Pretty please?
  • Options
    cptrios wrote: »
    All of the ideas in this thread are great, and this is indeed a problem (though my 1/5 count is a sight smaller than a lot of those posted already). But the only one that wouldn't require a bunch of changes to the game's structure is adding old Legendary crew to the voyage loot table. That's both an excellent and feasible idea!

Buuut why not just address the root issue? Citations are simply too expensive! If the typical player earns enough for 4 legendary citations every 2 months or so (I'm basing this on my own numbers, minus a bit to account for lower spending than my ~$20 per month), that means we can IM 4 1/5 Legendary crew per year, with two citations left over for mega crew. 4! Considering that there are 319 legendary cards in the game...well.

So why not reduce the price of gold citations to 35k? It's still high, and still presents a challenge. But where we'd normally be getting 18 citations a year, we'd now be up to 25. Which means 6 IM golds instead of 4. Surely that's a modest enough increase? Pretty please?

We have asked, in other Multiple different threads, it comes up fairly often, and yes in this thread too. In general the honor earned for dismissal and the cost all items in the honor hall is way out of balance. Basically your idea is one portion of a larger issue brought up alot. Either increase dismissal honor, or reduce honor hall prices to balance an outrageously un-balanced portion of the game.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no fleet room providing crew space. Does the fleet itself? How many?
    Idk if someone may have mentioned in this thread or likely before in a different thread. Im sure i am not alone in suggesting maybe increase the 5* rank rewards. Only the top 25 rank placers get more than 1/5*. From 26-1500 gets 1/5*. (they did raise it from 1000 a while back). Alot of 1/5 also come from events. It would seem like 1-25 vs 26-1500 rank is a huge gap that could be re-worked for 5* copies. Such as
    Rank 1-5 gets 5/5.
    6-100 gets 4/5,
    101-400 gets 3/5,
    401-999 gets 2/5,
    1000-1500 gets 1/5.
    Might make events more competitive if rewarding better than those pesky 1/5 for 26-1500 rank rewards.

In addition to some older 5* dropping in voyages and increasing the droprate in the portal.

3 minor changes to help ppl complete their crew and move forward in the (card collecting) game so we have room for more, and look forward to more. Instead of feeling burdened by 1/5 or 2/5.

I surely thought that the 2+/5* ranks would be expanded just like the 1/5* was. By a lot, too, since 25 out of tens of thousands of players is really a tiny fraction.
  • Options
    @(HGH)Apollo im not going to quote, quote that is sooo long. Agree with most of your thoughts. Kudos!! Someone had mentioned prior in this thread being able to freeze 1/5 if FL then charging an increased amount of merits basically equating to a “fine of merits” to get them out. Of all the ideas in the thread, there are alot, and all are interesting enough for DB to give thought to except this one. Freezing FL cards then being charged double or triple to Defrost a 1/5 if you happen to get a drop, just to fuse to 2/5, then re-freeze is not cool.
    And i would add to your argument on paladin 27s’ 2nd point, it is a card collecting game ongoing for 3yrs and almost 8mo. Of course they/we/DB must improve, invent and evolve new ways of doing things. It worked in the beginning. It doesnt now. The game itself has evolved through many changes since day one. The basics must Continue “forward progress” to keep up.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started playing on 24 April 2016. Presently, my 5* roster consists of:

1/5 x71 (72 if I decide to keep Satan's Robot)
    2/5 x28
    3/5 x2
    4/5 x2
    5/5 x22

One of my 4/5's is High Roller Sisko, who will become a 5/5 on Wednesday.

I've become detached about default events, not because of the glut of 1/5's, but just more general malaise. It suits me to only make an effort periodically rather than weekly, but that's by choice and not because I feel pushed into it by game mechanics. I sympathize with players who feel actively discouraged from competing in events.

I'd like to see new Starbase rooms for 4* and 5* Citations. Make the required number of components higher than the other rooms so we aren't all cranking out 5* Citations every day, or even every week. The 5* room should definitely need Holoemitters. This addresses Starbase level 134 boredom, too.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    @(HGH)Apollo im not going to quote, quote that is sooo long. Agree with most of your thoughts. Kudos!! Someone had mentioned prior in this thread being able to freeze 1/5 if FL then charging an increased amount of merits basically equating to a “fine of merits” to get them out. Of all the ideas in the thread, there are alot, and all are interesting enough for DB to give thought to except this one. Freezing FL cards then being charged double or triple to Defrost a 1/5 if you happen to get a drop, just to fuse to 2/5, then re-freeze is not cool.
    And i would add to your argument on paladin 27s’ 2nd point, it is a card collecting game ongoing for 3yrs and almost 8mo. Of course they/we/DB must improve, invent and evolve new ways of doing things. It worked in the beginning. It doesnt now. The game itself has evolved through many changes since day one. The basics must Continue “forward progress” to keep up.

That's a great point MirrorVerse Jc that the system DB set up worked at the beginning but does not work now. At the beginning I believe that events were more spread out and there were far more reruns. Also, there would be one super rare in an event not two. Top 1000 players only got the legendary not super rare as well in ranked rewards. The length of this game and the increase in legendaries has made an avalanche of a problem. DB has done well to address other problems so I hope they do something more to address this than they have.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Paladin 27 said what I was going to say, only better, so to quote the Emperor from Amadeus, "There it is."

Also, @Paladin in disquise, we're on to you!
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

Each 1/5 legendary requires 200,000 honor to finish with honor. A good player could easily get five 1/5 legendaries a month as rerun events have two legendaries and DB gives away an occasional 1/5 legendary and the player could get another legendary in event portal pulls. So now a good player getting a legendary every event plus an extra legendary from DB or packs is up to needing 1,000,000 in honor a month or 12,000,000 in honor a year. But for sake of argument, let's say a good player saves up dilithium and gets very lucky in packs or skips an event, so let's say this good player only gets four 1/5 legendaries a month and needs 800,000 in honor a month instead of 1 million. That is 9.6 million in honor needed per year. If you add in the 50,000 every other month needed for the final star on the event recurring legendary that adds in another 300,000 honor needed per year for a grand total of 9.9 million in honor needed per year. How much honor can a good player earn a month? Maybe 100,000 if they go hard in skirmish events and voyages and buy the campaign. So this player is 700,000 honor in the red every month, 750,000 a month in event months. Thus people complain. Even if you say my math on honor accruing is too conservative and honor need is too liberal and that the player would be 600,000 in honor debt or 500,000 in honor debt instead of the 700,000 I estimate that is still a huge amount of honor debt and drain on crew slots.

If you don't wan't to make these decisions then spend $400 a month on event packs and get the cards fully fused or use half your monthly card dil for 5 extra crew slots a month.

Changing the vault to allow you to freeze 1/5 golds isn't a simple user Interface change, its a dramatic change to something that for a free to play or low spending player should be a dramatic driver of how they play events. Everyone who played a galaxy event for a 1/5 that's now worse than several 4/4 purples should live by that decision and either admit a mistake and airlock the crew, find a crew slot. or buy more slots.

• Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

use half your monthly card dil for 5 extra crew slots a month.

What do you mean half, unless there is slot sale, additional 5 slots cost 3000 dil, which is whole monthly card. Or am I wrong?
    Changing the vault to allow you to freeze 1/5 golds isn't a simple user Interface change, its a dramatic change to something that for a free to play or low spending player should be a dramatic driver of how they play events.

I agree with that, that would be really big request for developers.

But there is also solution to somehow make honor more aquireable so that legendaries can be FFFEd and frozen. Many versions of that have already been suggested in Make It so section.

PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    HaBlack wrote: »
    What do you mean half, unless there is slot sale, additional 5 slots cost 3000 dil, which is whole monthly card. Or am I wrong?

They have half off sales every 2-5 months (timing can be a little unpredictable), so as long as you save up you can get slots at 1500 dil for 5 fairly regularly.
  • Options
    If you don't wan't to make these decisions then spend $400 a month on event packs and get the cards fully fused or use half your monthly card dil for 5 extra crew slots a month.
    It will get to the point where I have a vast army of 1/5 and absolutely no hope of ever fusing them all. At that point, there will be no fun here

@Paladin 27, I think you may have missed the point here. None of this was originally to say that there aren't solutions, it's to say that these solutions make the game less fun for me personally. From the responses seen here, it's clear that this isn't unique to me. Once again, the problem has been presented with only two options; pay up or dump the cards. I don't have that kind of money to spend to MAKE a game fun, and as @DavideBooks put it, the other options loses the fun altogether.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    agng05lfbrk4.png
    (As you can see, I'm down to 9 cards that are not equipped [incomplete]) I just moved two 4/5s to 5/5, and one 1/5 to 2/5, this weekend, which is nice)
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    It will get to the point where I have a vast army of 1/5 and absolutely no hope of ever fusing them all. At that point, there will be no fun here

@Paladin 27, I think you may have missed the point here. None of this was originally to say that there aren't solutions, it's to say that these solutions make the game less fun for me personally. From the responses seen here, it's clear that this isn't unique to me. Once again, the problem has been presented with only two options; pay up or dump the cards. I don't have that kind of money to spend to MAKE a game fun, and as @DavideBooks put it, the other options loses the fun altogether.

I play a ftp account too, and in some ways get more enjoyment from that account at this point. But what makes it fun, is the challenge of having to manage resources and determine the best way to use those resources long term.

Spending money on my VIP 14 account isn't a means to make the game fun. I mainly do it because I find the game fun both with and without spending, and because of that I'm willing to support the developers.
  • Options
    I play a ftp account too, and in some ways get more enjoyment from that account at this point. But what makes it fun, is the challenge of having to manage resources and determine the best way to use those resources long term.

Spending money on my VIP 14 account isn't a means to make the game fun. I mainly do it because I find the game fun both with and without spending, and because of that I'm willing to support the developers.

Definitely glad that you're finding fun in the game. I'm in no way saying people shouldn't enjoy the game how it is. And I am more than happy to support this game with the ad-revenue I help generate. But I don't have the money to spend and this part of the game is hindering my long-term playing. As with many others, it would seem, this is likely to lead to me losing interest. And if a game has lost my interest, they have also lost the income from me. Maybe that get's outweighed by the income they otherwise make. Maybe this game just isn't tailored specifically to me (*mild shock*). I'm glad you find the decision making a challenge. I find it not fun, many above feel similarly. And when a game isn't fun, I usually stop playing.