Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Nowhere Gauntlet - 08/15 - ME part 2

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in The Bridge
Very early edition, for once ;)

Event Name: The Nowhere Gauntlet
Event Type: Skirmish Event
Event Crew: Q2 5* (New), Data Q 4* (New), and Commander Dolim 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 08/15 until Monday 08/19 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Amanda Rogers (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 08/22.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: Q as "God" 5* (Existing)

Event Faction: n/a

Bonus crew/ships:
• high bonus: event crew and Q as "God"
• medium bonus: variants of Data, crew with the Q Continuum trait and crew with the Scoundrel trait.
• small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
• Jem'Hadar Fighter 2* (Existing)
• Romulan D'deridex Warbird 4* (Existing)
• Xindi-Insectoid Patrol Ship 5* (Existing)

Comments

• Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take the rest of the day off.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    sweet I'll be able to finish fusing Dolim, and this will help level up my Xindi Patrol ship.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its never too early. ;) Thank you Shan. You saved me a lot of browser refresh, which i usually do around the „normal“ time, when announement gets up. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skirmishes are my favorite event type. Amanda Rogers and Data Q are two that I most look forward to. No new ship is a bummer, but overall... I'm a happy camper. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll run out of chronitons, I'm sure. I wonder if this will affect how many people go for broke in this current week's event.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll run out of chronitons, I'm sure. I wonder if this will affect how many people go for broke in this current week's event.

Well we knew even before the start of the Mega that Skirmishes would be in week 2. So if i had to choose between burning my entire chrons on the galaxy before, or doing it on the skirmishes, where you get some great loot and chrons on top, my vote would have been easy. But thats just me.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Q2's wiki page is correct, we have 12, 12, and 10 second initialize bonus crew so far. Would be nice if Data Q was usable faster.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't we just have Dolim in another event?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Noting that Data Q does not count as a Data variant*. (Not that it is important in a Skirmish event) but good to know in the future...
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Flemming wrote: »
    *Noting that Data Q does not count as a Data variant*. (Not that it is important in a Skirmish event) but good to know in the future...

Do we know for sure that Data Q won't count as a Data variant in the future?
  • Options
    If Q2's wiki page is correct, we have 12, 12, and 10 second initialize bonus crew so far. Would be nice if Data Q was usable faster.

You would think Afterlife Q and Q2 would have instant activations...not 12 seconds.
    That's eternity for a Q
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Well we knew even before the start of the Mega that Skirmishes would be in week 2. So if i had to choose between burning my entire chrons on the galaxy before, or doing it on the skirmishes, where you get some great loot and chrons on top, my vote would have been easy. But thats just me.

This. The only reason to burn hard in this week’s event is if you really like Q2 either by himself or as help for the last two events of the month.
  • Options
    Time to start the STT- LA Law collection
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit disappointed to see another existing 5* ship, although this is the only one I don't have enough schematics to have built.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭

Ummm no. Dolim has never been event crew.
  • Options
    Flemming wrote: »

Do we know for sure that Data Q won't count as a Data variant in the future?

If he counted as a Data, then variants of Data should provide a bonus. For that reason, I wish he were named Android Q. I assume he's an android, anyway.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw, man. The card I most wanted in the most grindy event. Hope the packs generous to me when she comes around.
  • Options
    So much tapping incoming.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second favorite event type? Check.
    New crew member I want most out of this whole mega? Check.
    Chance to FF an existing 4* who will level me up in a Collection? Check.

Yeah, I'm in. I have stuff planned for Friday and Saturday, but should be able to squeeze in enough laying time to hang in there.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh! This would be a great time to introduce a 3* Data. Otherwise, the only existing 3* variant of any of the Featured Crew is Florist Q. (Yawn.)
  • Options
    Ooh! This would be a great time to introduce a 3* Data. Otherwise, the only existing 3* variant of any of the Featured Crew is Florist Q. (Yawn.)

I think it would have been announced. Pretty sure injured Torres was. But... How about a new 2* version of Q2?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Aaron DaxAaron Dax ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Will be an exiting event, even though i am not even close to the position of getting Amanda Rogers. I am fine with Qata and the second star on Qod. Also looking forward to the post mega packs, maybe a lucky draw.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Amphistaff wrote: »

Ummm no. Dolim has never been event crew.

Huh. Thanks. Not sure why I though that. Maybe I'm just thinking weird overly-made-up alien with weak set of only SEC-CMD combo . . . like Gorn Captain.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn’t that the current admiral division arena reward?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh. My. (Q as) "God".

A crew I've wanted for a long time being offered as the ranked reward of a mega event in the event type I enjoy the best?!?! I am making 100% of my chroniton reserves available for next weekend!
  • Options
    Wait. Both God Q and Dolim have abilities that require positions status, but the Xindi Patrol ship does not grant Position Status. I'm sure there are many that don't use the event ship, me being one, but you've made it the worst choice. Well thought out.

What triggers positions? I'm afraid I don't pay enough attention to ship abilities.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Isn’t that the current admiral division arena reward?

No, it's next month's (September).
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)