Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Nowhere Gauntlet - 08/15 - ME part 2

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awwww Data Q is just a super rare. I do like Amanda Rogers though.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    If Q2's wiki page is correct, we have 12, 12, and 10 second initialize bonus crew so far. Would be nice if Data Q was usable faster.

Q2’s ship abilities as shown on his Wiki page are correct. They match those shown in the Event announcement that Shan posted in Starfleet Communications:

Q2
    FE 1/5 level 100 DIP 884 (281-503), SEC 398 (186-392), MED 214 (150-341)
    m2rgjdcxim2o.png
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Q2's wiki page is correct, we have 12, 12, and 10 second initialize bonus crew so far. Would be nice if Data Q was usable faster.

Q2’s ship abilities are correct. I updated Q2’s Wiki page directly from the image of his ship abilities in the Event announcement

Derp, brainfart. Was thinking someone got him in Dabo. I must still be living in the wild west where Shan didn't provide crucial crew information ahead of time :p
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Q2’s ship abilities are correct. I updated Q2’s Wiki page directly from the image of his ship abilities in the Event announcement

Derp, brainfart. Was thinking someone got him in Dabo. I must still be living in the wild west where Shan didn't provide crucial crew information ahead of time :p

To be honest, I don’t remember if I updated his page or if someone else did; all the crew ship abilities are starting to blur together in my brain. But, yeah, it’s nicer now that Shan has the bandwidth to post those pics. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks yet again for the assist, @Travis S McClain . But... As I do not think Qata will count as Data, I'll hold out hopes for a new 2* Q. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Amanda Rogers, huh? The (presumed) intense competition for top 1500 leads me to wonder if I should bank my chronitons for the Hybrid event finale. 🤔
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amanda Rogers - so this weekend event is just over for me and it is chron saving protocol till next weekend.

And I might need to change my character wishlist, depending if I manage to get her.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Wait. Both God Q and Dolim have abilities that require positions status, but the Xindi Patrol ship does not grant Position Status. I'm sure there are many that don't use the event ship, me being one, but you've made it the worst choice. Well thought out.

What triggers positions? I'm afraid I don't pay enough attention to ship abilities.
    Ship abilities do if they say so. For example:

rlvu3flfsfid.png

You will have to go through your available fleet to find one if you care. I will not bother.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    What triggers positions? I'm afraid I don't pay enough attention to ship abilities.

One of the ships abilities has to grant Position Status, for example the Borg Sphere 878 grants position status with it's second ability Tactical Protocol Delta III: fkcywj81j9yw.png
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more excited about Data Q than Amanda. But for me, the 5* cards in skirmish are irrelevant. I'm grinding for the loot. The fact that by doing so means I end up winning the 5* is just a secondary effect. Sure, I may be very happy to get the card, but it just happens because of the loot chase, not the card chase.

I have the same chroniton dilemma as many of you though. I burned roughly 70K last weekend in getting to 5th place, so my stockpile is minuscule at this point. I probably won't rank well this week, but still need to do enough to reach the 350K threshold. And yet, skirmish beckons! Hmm, maybe I have some extras in all these old in-game mails...
  • Options
    Seriously? Another Skirmish with no new ships!
    I am so disappointed.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so disappointed.

I am disappointed my Xindi ship will not be ready to fight in the Epic track, like my Sarcophagus was the previous Skirmish.
    So I'll be using the T'Ong instead.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks as always for the info Shan - and thanks in advance for whatever xindi schematics we earn so i can take the arena a little easier next month!
  • Options
    Flemming wrote: »
    I am so disappointed.

I am disappointed my Xindi ship will not be ready to fight in the Epic track, like my Sarcophagus was the previous Skirmish.

Did your Sarcophagus help last skirmish? Mine was lvl 9 and was much worse than my other non bonus ships. A bonus of more health is not very good and as such does not make me buy any ship schematic packs. A bonus of damage would be good and would get people to buy ship schematic packs. A boost in firepower would make skirmish battles quicker and the bonus ship much more advantageous. Health is not my problem in skirmishes but the time it takes to defeat the ships.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so disappointed.

Did your Sarcophagus help last skirmish? Mine was lvl 9 and was much worse than my other non bonus ships. A bonus of more health is not very good and as such does not make me buy any ship schematic packs. A bonus of damage would be good and would get people to buy ship schematic packs. A boost in firepower would make skirmish battles quicker and the bonus ship much more advantageous. Health is not my problem in skirmishes but the time it takes to defeat the ships.

This was also my experience last event. My Sarcophagus at level 9 was not as good as other ships at Level 10, so I didn't use it. I thought that was a shame. It seems like the bonus ship ought to have enough bonus that it beats out other ships even at level 7 or 8.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so disappointed.

A health boost plus attack speed or anything else would be nice - I’d even go so far as to say that an event 4* ship at 9/9 should be equivalent to a non-event 5* at 10/10...that was totally not the case during the first Skirmish where my Defiant was destroyed before the fourth battle while the Cube rolled over all opposition.
  • Options
    Yep, it seems like if DB wants to sell ship schematics packs that do not even guarantee one of the good ships then DB needs to make event ships really bonus. Health ain't cutting it. Take an event crew and you triple their stats. Take an event ship and you just give it a little health?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was getting a faster victory (by about 1-2 seconds) [I rarely had to use my 10 second trigger final boost] than my usual T'Ong, which sometimes would require my final 10 second trigger]. And it was nice not having to worry about hull damage, cause of the hull boost. Other than that it was not much different than my normal Skirmish Strategy.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to go after Roger Dorn Q but I don’t want to miss out on Amanda with puppies. I may be able to do both if people back off enough this week.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to go after Roger Dorn Q but I don’t want to miss out on Amanda with puppies. I may be able to do both if people back off enough this week.

Shh... That's my move.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

Shh... That's my move.

I’ve already re-frozen Airiam and will only cash in rare rewards after the phase change...I’m doing my part! [insert Starship Troopers gif here]
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shh... That's my move.

Secret’s safe with me.
  • Options
    I am really tired of galaxies, and last week depleted the majority of my chrons. I quit this week at Rikers uniform, so I could start rebuilding chron stockpile for next week. I will just buy Dorn Q and work on getting Amanda.

I, too, am disappointed in no new ship, if even a new 2,3, or 4*. Ah well...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    I am really tired of galaxies, and last week depleted the majority of my chrons. I quit this week at Rikers uniform, so I could start rebuilding chron stockpile for next week. I will just buy Dorn Q and work on getting Amanda.

I like hybrid faction/galaxies better. Four days of losing chrons and not getting any honor back like you do with skirmishes is annoying. Plus I do not want to spend a bunch of supply kits. But for DB I guess people buy those chrons so it is profitable for them.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

I like hybrid faction/galaxies better. Four days of losing chrons and not getting any honor back like you do with skirmishes is annoying. Plus I do not want to spend a bunch of supply kits. But for DB I guess people buy those chrons so it is profitable for them.

Even with the current frequency of Galaxy and Skirmish events that I participate in, my supply kit stockpile keeps going up...I’m over 20 right now.
  • Options

Even with the current frequency of Galaxy and Skirmish events that I participate in, my supply kit stockpile keeps going up...I’m over 20 right now.

Hmm, I am curious on what your strategy is for using supply kits in full galaxy events.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 15 supply kits. In a full galaxy, I typically use 2. First on Thursday whenever I get started. Second on Saturday sometime after phase change. In both instances, I farm everything I think I need all at once. Then I just craft at my leisure for the next 2 days. Since they also give us 2 kits in each full galaxy, I stay even. It's a rare occasion when I would need to use a third one since any extra farming can be done on Sunday before the second kit runs out.