Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Crime of Last Century - 10/03 - ME Part 1

Comments

• Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Yateball wrote: »
    I may have missed it in previous threads, but where do we stand on New Eden Pike's strength? What # on voyages and what not is he? Can't decide if he's worth starring up or not

Pike:
    #22 Voyager, #6 DIP Base
    Voyage Ranks: #8 CMD/DIP, #8 CMD/SCI, #7 DIP/SCI
    Shuttle Ranks: #5 CMD/DIP

CMD/SCI is secondary and tertiary stats. He really has a top 10 voyage score with that?

Pike has some really good proficiencies. Not gauntlet tier ones mind you but with good bases it's enough to make him a competent voyage crew.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    I may have missed it in previous threads, but where do we stand on New Eden Pike's strength? What # on voyages and what not is he? Can't decide if he's worth starring up or not

Pike:
    #22 Voyager, #6 DIP Base

CMD/SCI is secondary and tertiary stats. He really has a top 10 voyage score with that?

Pike has some really good proficiencies. Not gauntlet tier ones mind you but with good bases it's enough to make him a competent voyage crew.

I'm not arguing competence. He is certainly that. But a secondary and tertiary in the top 10? It seems far fetched. Here's a list of crew that I have with either CMD or SCI as primary and the other as secondary or tertiary:

FO Burnham
    MJLP
    Captain Spock
    Mirror Spock
    SO Spock
    The One, Lore
    Doctor Ann Mulhall
    Surak
    Galaxy Gallivanting Vash
    Beloved Annorax
    Armus
    Honored Owosekun
    Keeper
    AT Saru

That's 14. I'll buy that NE Pike beats a few of those, but 8 seems unlikely. And that's just ones that I have. There may be others.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »

Pike:
    #22 Voyager, #6 DIP Base

I'm not arguing competence. He is certainly that. But a secondary and tertiary in the top 10? It seems far fetched. Here's a list of crew that I have with either CMD or SCI as primary and the other as secondary or tertiary:

FO Burnham
    MJLP
    Captain Spock
    Mirror Spock
    SO Spock
    The One, Lore
    Doctor Ann Mulhall
    Surak
    Galaxy Gallivanting Vash
    Beloved Annorax
    Armus
    Honored Owosekun
    Keeper
    AT Saru

That's 14. I'll buy that NE Pike beats a few of those, but 8 seems unlikely. And that's just ones that I have. There may be others.

I posted my logic already. You're welcome to use another methodology; I am certainly not claiming that mine is the end-all and be-all.
  • Options

Pike:
    #22 Voyager, #6 DIP Base

The algorithm I use factors in anyone who has both skills, and then ranks by total voyage score. So he'll be #8 in terms of boost to overall voyage score for CMD/SCI voyages, but not necessarily the best boost to that specific skill combination.

I must have missed it the first time. The fact that he is the #22 overall skews the algorithm in his favor. And I don't mean "skew" in a bad way, just factual. With the algorithm using total score, it makes sense now that I see it.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Pike:
    #22 Voyager, #6 DIP Base

The algorithm I use factors in anyone who has both skills, and then ranks by total voyage score. So he'll be #8 in terms of boost to overall voyage score for CMD/SCI voyages, but not necessarily the best boost to that specific skill combination.

I must have missed it the first time. The fact that he is the #22 overall skews the algorithm in his favor. And I don't mean "skew" in a bad way, just factual. With the algorithm using total score, it makes sense now that I see it.

I had tried an algorithm previously that only looked at the combined score for the primary and secondary skills, but then I ended up getting a lot of results that just didn't work for me (e.g. I don't care how good Vargas' CMD/SEC combination is, as a two-skiller he will almost never get priority over someone with a tertiary skill). Both approaches have their flaws - I go with the one that benefits my gameplay approach.

For what it's worth - my 4/5 Dr. Culber almost always makes my MED/SCI voyages.
  • Options
    I got some sweet pack luck from the 490 packs.

Did two of honored officers going for my 4th star on Detmer. First pack netted Honored Owosekun, wasn’t going for her but no complaints. Second pack yielded Detmer and a begold with a second star for Chaotica.

Also did two of strained relations to try for more stars on Culber. First pack was Stoned Tyler (really hate this card) but the second pack got me a third star for Culber.

I have 80k honor and a citation so I’m torn on using it to finish Culber, finish Qod and then sit on the rest, or just sit on it and wait. My crew feels like a bit of a cluster right now. I could use better CMD so I could use them on FO Burnham or EV Suit Archer or DIP and throw stars on Quinn. Also have High Roller Sisko at 4/5...ugh. Decisions, decisions.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    I got some sweet pack luck from the 490 packs.

Did two of honored officers going for my 4th star on Detmer. First pack netted Honored Owosekun, wasn’t going for her but no complaints. Second pack yielded Detmer and a begold with a second star for Chaotica.

Also did two of strained relations to try for more stars on Culber. First pack was Stoned Tyler (really hate this card) but the second pack got me a third star for Culber.

I have 80k honor and a citation so I’m torn on using it to finish Culber, finish Qod and then sit on the rest, or just sit on it and wait. My crew feels like a bit of a cluster right now. I could use better CMD so I could use them on FO Burnham or EV Suit Archer or DIP and throw stars on Quinn. Also have High Roller Sisko at 4/5...ugh. Decisions, decisions.

High Roller Sisko is a fantastic crew member. I cited him up and immortalized him even before he was featured in the campaign, and I don't regret it. Now I have a second one at 4/5.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I just leveled up New Eden Pike for this event, and he’s one of the easiest legends I’ve ever powered up. (Keep in mind, I’ve only done like 20, but still.) I just provide that info in case anyone’s on the fence about purchasing/building him, and would like to know a bit more.
  • Options
    I just leveled up New Eden Pike for this event, and he’s one of the easiest legends I’ve ever powered up. (Keep in mind, I’ve only done like 20, but still.) I just provide that info in case anyone’s on the fence about purchasing/building him, and would like to know a bit more.

I would agree except his equipment between level 90-100 requires a number of low drop rate SR equipment, I replicated 3/4 of them. The rest of him was fine though.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭

I would agree except his equipment between level 90-100 requires a number of low drop rate SR equipment, I replicated 3/4 of them. The rest of him was fine though.

You’re right, 90-100 was a bit difficult, but the rest was a breeze.
  • Options
    There he is!

4w7nu3umdn8d.png

His artwork is so great, its just a pitty he isn t a 5* or 4*. Another great 3* artwork crew i will never ever see again. 😕
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    His artwork is so great, its just a pitty he isn t a 5* or 4*. Another great 3* artwork crew i will never ever see again. 😕

Absolutely. Prefer his artwork over the legendary versions we have so far...
  • Options
    So Timekeeper whatever his name is is a better version of Captain Spock. I mean in terms of raw stats. Obviously Spock would have more event use
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Soooo...Tenavik is the new #1 Voyager in the game, with the #5 CMD base.

Fair to say he'll be getting an immediate citation.

And that Ba'ul art is sexy AF.

I am getting 3478 voyage score for Tenavik which is great but not number 1 as Braxton is over 3600 unless I did my math wrong on Tenavik. But I think DB did really well with week 1 crew and stats. Great work DB!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo...Tenavik is the new #1 Voyager in the game, with the #5 CMD base.

Fair to say he'll be getting an immediate citation.

And that Ba'ul art is sexy AF.

I am getting 3478 voyage score for Tenavik which is great but not number 1 as Braxton is over 3600 unless I did my math wrong on Tenavik. But I think DB did really well with week 1 crew and stats. Great work DB!

Goddammit lol. I need to double check my typing before posting. You're right - he drops to #16 with the correct stats. Original post edited.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh... 4 event packs... 4 copies of Worf. I suppose having a second immortalized copy of him will be good for this event, but I was hoping for additional stars for my 1/5 Pike and the final star for the new Owosekun. :(:'(
  • Options
    Hoping for a new Amanda Grayson this month :wink:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    There he is!

4w7nu3umdn8d.png

Boy, you weren't kidding. This is by far my favourite artwork for Pike in the game. Love getting a new rare card, but man did this artwork deserve better!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan, there is a typo in the announcement in Starfleet Communications:

“ New Eden Owosekun (New) 5* ”
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping for a new Amanda Grayson this month :wink:

No Amanda for Lurkers :p
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    There he is!

4w7nu3umdn8d.png

Boy, you weren't kidding. This is by far my favourite artwork for Pike in the game. Love getting a new rare card, but man did this artwork deserve better!

Weird it's getting so much praise because I see the art as just... ok, nothing special, just standing there in the disco uni's. Love new 3* releases and this one seems generic enough to fit the 3* well IMO
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    There he is!

4w7nu3umdn8d.png

Weird it's getting so much praise because I see the art as just... ok, nothing special, just standing there in the disco uni's. Love new 3* releases and this one seems generic enough to fit the 3* well IMO

It's also possible that I've just been underwhelmed by most of the Pike art so far.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    There he is!

4w7nu3umdn8d.png

It's also possible that I've just been underwhelmed by most of the Pike art so far.

I like "Christopher Pike" in the gold uni with hands folded a lot
  • Options
    There he is!

4w7nu3umdn8d.png

If an artwork is great or not, i don t consider of the pose. I go for for how detailed it is especially face/hair wise and how it fits all together. But everyone has different views, thats totally fine. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so in it for that creepy Ba'ul.
  • Options
    I'm so in it for that creepy Ba'ul.

Ditto. Good stat combo.

I'm disappointed that new Owo didn't get Jury Rigger or ENG for picking that lock. Resourceful is a lame consolation prize. But... Oh well. Can't win them all.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    can someone who knows how to plug in the stat numbers properly share the crew strength/rank of the Baul crew? I like the skill combo, but have no idea how to manually plug in those numbers to get a voyage rank.

thanks.
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Since all Pikes and Worfs are bonus crew, why isnt Spock?

And was there an event where the bonus crew was all of tos, or tng, or another series? I do not remember one like that