Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Fast as Light (flashback) - 10/31

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in The Bridge
Event Name: Fast as Light
Event Type: Galaxy Event
Event Crew: Honey Bare Dax 5* (Existing), Buster Kincaid Kim 4* (Existing), and Duchamps 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 10/31 until Monday 11/04 at Noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Desert Archer (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 11/07.

The event will be 1 hour longer than usual due to the USA switching from Daylight Saving Time on Sunday, November 3.

Event Factions:
Augments, Section 31, Dominion

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of Kim, Worf, and Dax (including Mirror Ezri and Zhian'tara Odo).

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Fast as Light
    Event Type: Galaxy Event
    Event Crew: Honey Bare Dax 5* (Existing), Buster Kincaid Kim 4* (Existing), and Duchamps 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 10/31 until Monday 11/04 at Noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Desert Archer (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 11/07.

The event will be 1 hour longer than usual due to the USA switching from Daylight Saving Time on Sunday, November 3.

Event Factions:
    Augments, Section 31, Dominion

Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of Kim, Worf, and Dax (including Mirror Ezri and Zhian'tara Odo).

Well, got both FF, will be Honor for the drops of them from Threshold and Community.

But, let me just add: Desert Archer?!?!? Can we PLEASE AND THANK YOU get a new 2* Desert Trip for the Threshold?!?!?

{If Archer is from the episode where they join the terrorist leader {played by the awesome Clancy Brown} as dinner guests?}
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

{If Archer is from the episode where they join the terrorist leader {played by the awesome Clancy Brown} as dinner guests?}

It could also be the Archer from the Lawrence of Vulcan trilogy of episodes.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »

That was the other one I was thinking it might be. Since he did the desert thing twice.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thank you for more Archer!

If so, I would hope he's renamed to Kir'Shara Archer.
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably that one to go with Desert T'Pol.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭

Skeptical ... :#
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

How so?
  • Options

No. That really happens. At 2AM Sunday morning, it becomes 1AM.......
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a glitch during one of the events that occurred during the time change a few years ago.
  • Options
    There was a glitch during one of the events that occurred during the time change a few years ago.

Forgot that. The simplest thing can make a computer code go "OWIE" sometimes, I guess.

Remember when everyone thought we were all gonna get fried by out of control nukes when 1/1/2000 arrived?
  • Options
    !!!!!!!!!!ARCHER!!!!!!!!!
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Week off :smiley:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

It will probably be this one, but I hope for Terrorist Guest Archer
  • Options

No. That really happens. At 2AM Sunday morning, it becomes 1AM.......

Some states in the US do not use Daylight Savings, and several more states are abandoning it as of next year. I would hazard a guess this will go away sometime in the future. It was originally designed for farming as I recall, and hardly necessary anymore.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    robownage wrote: »
    Thank you for more Archer!

If so, I would hope he's renamed to Kir'Shara Archer.

And make him a variant of Surak.

I would like this, but only if Katra McCoy also counts as a variant of Spock (I'm pretty sure it was the same situation, though I might be wrong). It would also be appropriate considering Zhian'tara Odo counts as a Dax variant, including for next week's event.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭

How so?

Yes, I still have PTSD from the first run of Alpha and Omega :D
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Replays with 5* crew at 400k VP > Flashbacks

Anyway, I hope this is the Archer a lot of y'all have been waiting for for so long. Bon chance!

As the counterpoint:
    Events with completely no new crew > "reruns" with a new gold being sold in a 1/16-1/20 pack (instead of the normal 1/8 to 1/10 pack)
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks as always for the info Shan - who else can't wait to do this to all of their disco crew on Monday??
    Already did it to a few of them. Realized Siranna and Sarek were never going to get on a shuttle (unless I send out 16 of them). But yeah, it's going to be glorious! (Said in a TOS Kor voice)
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    The tune change is a real thing. They do it every fall and spring. It’s super depressing. You leave for work and it’s dark, you leave for home and it’s dark. They need to stop doing it. It starts getting dark at damn near 4:00 in the afternoon

Totally agree. I much prefer the summer time shift. If they want to make that permanent, I'm all for it.
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    The tune change is a real thing. They do it every fall and spring. It’s super depressing. You leave for work and it’s dark, you leave for home and it’s dark. They need to stop doing it. It starts getting dark at damn near 4:00 in the afternoon

Yep. Even down here in Florida it’s dark at 5 when I’m heading home from work. Hate it.
  • Options
    Is there a five star threshold like previous flashbacks?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

No, (EDIT: There has been only 1 previous flashback event, and ?) the threshold rewards stop at 350K:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Temporal_Misalignment_2#Threshold_Rewards
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options

From this week's Event Thread:
    Ren~ wrote: »
    The next event will be a flashback event and will have the more recent rewards structure.

Are we getting Honey bare Jadzia at 400k then?

No.
    I am not sure we are all talking about the same thing because I see a bunch of different things being thrown around. You will see the rewards structure next Wednesday once the event is announced.

The flashback event will have the same rewards structure as the previous flashback event.
    So it is not a rerun, there is no new crew and the old crew will not be in threshold rewards.

• Options
    Cmdr SinclairCmdr Sinclair ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Kir'Shara Archer IS the 5* reward. Yesssssss !!!!! Lets hope his stats and artwork are great too. Desert Archer makes sense tallies with 4* Desert T'Pol.

• Options
    Kir'Shara Archer IS the 5* reward. Yesssssss !!!!!

Source?