Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Empathy Gone Wrong - 11/21

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Anybody else noticing a higher than expected rate of event shuttle fails?

Not at all. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaoticDNA wrote: »

No. Have had a few fail, but not outside of the norm.

Same here - a few failures here and there but it’s not really unexpected because I’m getting lower expected success rates than the last few Faction events, on account of a more limited bonus crew collection. I am appreciating this month’s campaign even more than I did before, because both Gloria and Nexus Guinan have been hugely helpful thus far.
  • Options

Not had a single one fail yet (and so the curse begins...), but I'm only sending out 4 shuttles at once, not used any time boosts other than extenders, and they're all at least 95%.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having more fail than usual and these are high percentage shuttles. Just had a 97% one fail.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

No, my success rate is a bit higher than it should be.
  • Options
    I’m in the same boat as Bylo. Admittedly I’m not tracking them, but 1 of 4 have failed each time and on one occasion 3/4 failed all over 90%.

Not a big deal this time as I’m only going for 350k and I’ll just burn a few time reducers today to get there but it has been noticeable.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat as Bylo. Admittedly I’m not tracking them, but 1 of 4 have failed each time and on one occasion 3/4 failed all over 90%.

Not a big deal this time as I’m only going for 350k and I’ll just burn a few time reducers today to get there but it has been noticeable.

Same here. I’m experiencing way more failures than usual
  • Options
    I am getting a few more fails than normal, but I am still running 5 shuttles. If I switch to 4, it will change.
  • Options
    More conspiracy theory sigh. I'd thought Star Trek fans would be less prone to this kind of paranoia. :smile: I'd say the seat configuration is harder to fill than average this event, with one of the 3 seaters being 3 x single skills, and lots of ENG seats. It seems tailored to be gradually increasing game difficulty since lots of us have pretty robust rosters now.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    More conspiracy theory sigh. I'd thought Star Trek fans would be less prone to this kind of paranoia. :smile: I'd say the seat configuration is harder to fill than average this event, with one of the 3 seaters being 3 x single skills, and lots of ENG seats. It seems tailored to be gradually increasing game difficulty since lots of us have pretty robust rosters now.

No one said any conspiracy theory, they just said they had more shuttles fail than usual and were asking other people to see if they had similar increase in shuttle fail percentage to get a larger sample size.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

No one said any conspiracy theory, they just said they had more shuttles fail than usual and were asking other people to see if they had similar increase in shuttle fail percentage to get a larger sample size.

Thank you

• Options

Precisely.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I asked then, everyone I've talked with has reported high fail rates. I went through four cycles today where I failed 2 of 4 shuttles every time, with the posted success chance at 90% or higher which got me curious.

The other things I've noticed (small sample size obviously) but my shuttles with Priestess Siranna fail regularly; her first 4 shuttles all failed, and she has now failed 7 times total. I find this strange as her shuttle has a 95% success chance!

I have three Priestesess, and she's been performing well. Running 4 shuttles, one gets Kamala, the others ger a Siranna.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    r2oto7mlq1n0.jpg

The cutoff with 3 hours and change remaining
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    r2oto7mlq1n0.jpg

Seems much lower than usual.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    r2oto7mlq1n0.jpg

It's also higher than expected, I've managed my shuttles faithfully during the event, I didn't have any downtime, but still used 9h boosts overnight, and I'm not in the top 1500. Some people did use time boosters and tokens or didn't sleep for this, which is honestly surprising. I'd call that a high score for such an unimportant and forgettable crew.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    r2oto7mlq1n0.jpg

It's also higher than expected, I've managed my shuttles faithfully during the event, I didn't have any downtime, but still used 9h boosts overnight, and I'm not in the top 1500. Some people did use time boosters and tokens or didn't sleep for this, which is honestly surprising. I'd call that a high score for such an unimportant and forgettable crew.

That is not the formula for top 1,500, at least not anymore.

This leaderboard is definitely lower than past faction events, I seem to recall needing over 500,000 to get top 1,500. Currently 448,000 is good enough for 1,389th place.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    r2oto7mlq1n0.jpg

That is not the formula for top 1,500, at least not anymore.

This leaderboard is definitely lower than past faction events, I seem to recall needing over 500,000 to get top 1,500. Currently 448,000 is good enough for 1,389th place.

Right now I'm at rank 525 with only 537613. I really wasn't trying to rank this event, and even missed a few regular sorties because of... reasons.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    The success rate on my shuttles has felt about right, but I haven't tracked closely. Like others here, the campaigns factored into my ability to crew shuttles -- Gloria, Drunk Troi, and Nexus Guinan have been in constant use. I would have had a much harder time without them.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    The success rate on my shuttles has felt about right, but I haven't tracked closely. Like others here, the campaigns factored into my ability to crew shuttles -- Gloria, Drunk Troi, and Nexus Guinan have been in constant use. I would have had a much harder time without them.

I used a citation to FF my Goddess Troi, which served better than Drunk Troi. My 5* Worfs were my real workhorses outside of the Event crew.

My new Gloria, and Nexus Guinan also worked out well.
    I'm glad I pulled Ba'Ku Worf out of the freezer as well.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options

Actually, just realized that Durango Troi and Sheriff Worf were also in pretty constant use this weekend.
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    The last bit of dialogue at the end of the event is likely why they delayed the announcement of the new 5* crew for this week. I think...
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last bit of dialogue at the end of the event is likely why they delayed the announcement of the new 5* crew for this week. I think...

Went through it way too fast...what did it say?
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »

Went through it way too fast...what did it say?

Picard is not to be disturbed...he has a meeting with a dear friend...
  • Options
    I assumed that to mean Kamala
  • Options

Hmmm possibly, hadn't considered her. Picard's "discretion" is always so darned perplexing.
  • Options

Me, too.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chuckled at the ending <3