Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Empathy Gone Wrong - 11/21

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in The Bridge
Event Name: Empathy Gone Wrong
Event Type: Faction Event
Event Crew: Kamala 5* (New), Priestess Siranna 4* (New), and Defiant Commander Worf 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 11/21 until Monday 11/25 at Noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Cadet First Class Locarno (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 11/28.

Event Factions:
Klingon Empire, Federation, Romulan Star Empire

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of Siranna, Worf, and crew with the Empath trait.

Comments

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Would not have thought Siranna could justify two cards, but here we are.

On another note, yay for another Paris ... err, for Locarno finally making it into the game.

Love it. Kinda Paris. :-)
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    ooh empath trait this will make it interesting.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    One wonders if Lucarno counts as a Paris variant...
  • Options

On another note, yay for another Paris ... err, for Locarno finally making it into the game.

Yup. That.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    One wonders if Lucarno counts as a Paris variant...

Pretty sure it won't count. But as a dude who has Delta Flyer Paris immortalized... Here's to hoping!
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm shuttles this weekend, could that mean Cadet Paris Locarno has an awesome ship ability and we might get a skirmish over the (USA) Thanksgiving weekend? Thanks as always Shan!!
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Predictions on if Locarno will have the pilot trait?

Cadet Wesley doesn't, so....
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Yup. That.

Oh no...I thought we already had that knock-down, drag-out argument some months ago. Although I choose to believe the headcanon that Locarno is the illegitimate child of Owen Paris and his mistress, a masseuse, or just a random hookup at a bar (with a few strings pulled to ensure his admission to Starfleet Academy), I don’t think we should go so far as to consider Locarno to be a Tom Paris variant. I’d even hesitate to have Paris variants count as bonus crew, and thank DB for avoiding that can of worms by choosing Empaths to fill out the bonus crew for this event.

Edit - forgot that Locarno is next week’s 5*...oops.
  • Options
    Locarno as a Faction 5, aka, whale only, is just.....eeeewww
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

Huh? Which spendings qualify for being a whale in your opinion?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options

Huh? Which spendings qualify for being a whale in your opinion?

Probably all the whales in Ice's VIP0 fleet.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking up Empaths, I realized there are a noticeable number of missing Trois. (Is Lwaxana considered an Empath, or was that only because Deana was a Human/Betazoid hybrid)
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Weyoun 69Weyoun 69 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Flemming wrote: »
    Looking up Empaths, I realized there are a noticeable number of missing Trois. (Is Lwaxana considered an Empath, or was that only because Deana was a Human/Betazoid hybrid)

I think Lwaxana would fall under Telepath trait.

Quick look shows current Empaths are only variants of Deanna Troi, Guinan, Dr. Tolian Soran, and Kamala.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telepaths hear thoughts. Empaths feel emotions. Deanna is Empath because she is mixed Human/Betazoid.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know Locarno is going to get the pilot trait. Sito has the pilot trait. Time to fix Cadet Wesley Crusher's traits, DB. . .
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Seems like a good rest week for me.
  • Options
    Weyoun 69Weyoun 69 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    For this event, only Kamala and Dr. Tolian Soran provide a 'decent' Science bonus, and there is currently no bonus Engineering crew after Soran's meagre bonus.

Unless Priestess Siranna will have Science and/ or Engineering;
    Science probably, but Engineering - doubtful.

Nexus Guinan, Assimilated Troi , Siranna etc, I think only provide around <1000 for Sci a seat.

Lets hope there is not a whole load of Eng seats!
  • Options
    Watch there be no MED shuttles, lol.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch there be no MED shuttles, lol.

Plus a bunch of straight or AND slots with ENG. :)
  • Options
    faction. again. DB better change something soon cause i’m getting a bit bored
  • Options
    I had fun with last December's Expedition, at least when I was trying to puzzle out the optimal crew to go through it. Once I had that figured out all I had was a tricky grind that required super close attention to who was doing what where. I still appreciated the change of pace, but I'm glad those were largely taken out of rotation.

It reminded me a lot of my early days with skirmishes. I had to carefully watch my opponent, cloak to avoid powerful attacks, and whittle them away. Now I have a ship and crew that allows me to clear a run in 3-4 minutes with minimal attention. With a much more seasoned roster an Expedition wouldn't require such careful play . . . but until then they wear me down quickly.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Expedition please.

You spelled skirmish wrong.

I'd like a hybrid Expedition/Skirmish. Both are so grindy as solo events, but they work well together.
    Farewell 🖖