Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Empathy Gone Wrong - 11/21

Comments

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Past 15 event types including this weeks faction. Since the last Skirmishes,
    we had: Faction, Galaxy, Faction, Galaxy and again Faction(this week).

2azkccjmezsj.jpeg

We need a new event type is what that proves.

Not necessarily, just more diversity in setting up the events.
    The past 5 weeks we havn t seen a Skirmishes or Hybrid at all. Why?

Having hybrids every week would at least provide a change of pace over the course of the 5 days, even if it's just a rotation of the 3 main event types. I'd enjoy expeditions included every once in awhile, as I am one of the apparently rare breed that enjoys them.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

2azkccjmezsj.jpeg

Yeah DB has some morbid love for their shuttle events. I'm saying morbid because we had a poll some time ago showing it was one of the most disliked kind of weekend activity. I don't know why and don't really want to (probably cheaper to make or something equally boring), I just want them to make the effort to correct this. They could add new event types, entirely new events; maybe I'm getting old but when I started playing video games not everything was competitive. We could speculate about how or why for weeks but ultimately the message needs to be relayed, please no more faction events every two weeks!
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »

2azkccjmezsj.jpeg

Having hybrids every week would at least provide a change of pace over the course of the 5 days, even if it's just a rotation of the 3 main event types. I'd enjoy expeditions included every once in awhile, as I am one of the apparently rare breed that enjoys them.

Agreed. I'd love some more event types, but even if we never get any, hybrids are the way to go. 4 days straight of ANY grind is way too much.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Ren~ wrote: »

2azkccjmezsj.jpeg

Yeah DB has some morbid love for their shuttle events. I'm saying morbid because we had a poll some time ago showing it was one of the most disliked kind of weekend activity. I don't know why and don't really want to (probably cheaper to make or something equally boring), I just want them to make the effort to correct this. They could add new event types, entirely new events; maybe I'm getting old but when I started playing video games not everything was competitive. We could speculate about how or why for weeks but ultimately the message needs to be relayed, please no more faction events every two weeks!

Probably because faction events generate the most income.

And if they offered a hybrid event you would still complain and call it a faction event.

Do too many galaxy events and you'd complain, "how can they offer so many galaxy events in a row, no one has the resources any more."

No. I don't think galaxy and hybrid events are the most interesting, but getting 4 copies of the threshold crew is a good enough consolation prize. Being done with the event within an hour is great too.

You know what generates even more income? When people don't quit because they're bored. :)
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

2azkccjmezsj.jpeg

Agreed. I'd love some more event types, but even if we never get any, hybrids are the way to go. 4 days straight of ANY grind is way too much.

I am not in favour of lots of hybrids if it always means Galaxy involvement. If the second part was Skirmish half of the times I would be all down for that.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    I like Hybrids during mega events more than during the off months. My views on Expeditions and Galaxies are a matter of public record by now.

Skirmishes are a grind, but the most lucrative for us players of the event formats. We only need one Featured Crew member for the max bonus, so even if you don't have any existing ones, you're set by time you get to the first 4* threshold. And we can use any of those ship crews for other things simultaneously.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Letting you know that the event announce might get delayed today, do not panic :)

Meaning the in-game preview?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Letting you know that the event announce might get delayed today, do not panic :)

Meaning the in-game preview?

Yes.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copy. Thanks. You are psychic cuz I prolly would’ve panicked!
  • Options
    SpukkZSpukkZ ✭✭✭
    Shan, it looks like you missed the new 2* threshold crew in the event notes ;-)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    NEW 2*!!!!!

And she instantly does 150% Damage........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpukkZ wrote: »

I was just made aware of this, notes have been edited accordingly :)
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locarno is a perfect example for @ByloBand's Piñata thing. What a bummer.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    SpukkZSpukkZ ✭✭✭
    SpukkZ wrote: »

I was just made aware of this, notes have been edited accordingly :)

Cheers!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locarno is a perfect example for @ByloBand's Piñata thing. What a bummer.

Yep. I was thinking about him last night. Said I could see him being decent CMD and would love to get him for Voyages if he's good. Then said, "I hope he's not a 2 stat crew". Guess my fears were right.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The two star is the only crew I’ll be keeping
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was gonna go at this event pretty good, but after seeing an underwhelming 2 stat crew? Nah
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, anyone notice that Locarno looks a lot like Paris? :p
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only are Locarno’s stats a disappointment, I am strongly considering airlocking the Kamala I got on the first of two event pack pulls (Siranna thankfully dropped in the second). My Faction event helper spreadsheet says that, even with Rakal and BO Troi in the freezer, I should already have more than enough bonus crew, and I will only aim to clear the final threshold rewards...unless there are a ton of DIP/SCI shuttle seats, I don’t think Kamala is worth it for me to even level her. I’ll know for sure during the kickstart.

Taking it easy for a weekend will be nice, as we’re having Friendsgiving early this year. Good luck to anyone who can’t resist gunning for Locarno despite his stats!
  • Options
    If u got Kamala in last week's event she would be 3/5 which is really good. Also, as someone connected to Picard it is not inconceivable that she would appear in the Picard series or a future Picard event.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only are Locarno’s stats a disappointment, I am strongly considering airlocking the Kamala I got on the first of two event pack pulls (Siranna thankfully dropped in the second). My Faction event helper spreadsheet says that, even with Rakal and BO Troi in the freezer, I should already have more than enough bonus crew, and I will only aim to clear the final threshold rewards...unless there are a ton of DIP/SCI shuttle seats, I don’t think Kamala is worth it for me to even level her. I’ll know for sure during the kickstart.

Taking it easy for a weekend will be nice, as we’re having Friendsgiving early this year. Good luck to anyone who can’t resist gunning for Locarno despite his stats!

Thanks! Though I doubt that luck will be a big factor this week.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Yes. Our good friend @DScottHewitt mentioned something about it

th9641ixbmm2.jpg

Hehe, yep. I keep looking at Locarno though and wishing it was instead Lt. Marseilles.

9j3v2mqs34zm.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

The likeness is sooo uncanny right down to the traits it’s like they are one and the same person 😂....
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see where anyone commented on this, but I got shuttle missions for all three of the factions in this event. That's pretty cool. I think there's been a request along these lines before. So thanks for the missions and thanks for listening, DB!

It's a nice change. My first thought was '4/4/4...cool. Oh, I bet someone would complain if it were 3/3/3 that we're losing 1 transmission from the old way.' Haha