Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Empathy Gone Wrong - 11/21

Comments

• Options
    If u got Kamala in last week's event she would be 3/5 which is really good. Also, as someone connected to Picard it is not inconceivable that she would appear in the Picard series or a future Picard event.

Famke Janssen also starred with Patrick Stewart in the X-Men movies, and Stewart is a producer with apparently a lot of creative input so it's not quite as far-fetched as other one-off TNG guests, but I'd still be highly surprised if Kamala turned up in the show.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    If u got Kamala in last week's event she would be 3/5 which is really good. Also, as someone connected to Picard it is not inconceivable that she would appear in the Picard series or a future Picard event.

Famke Janssen also starred with Patrick Stewart in the X-Men movies, and Stewart is a producer with apparently a lot of creative input so it's not quite as far-fetched as other one-off TNG guests, but I'd still be highly surprised if Kamala turned up in the show.

I like the idea of her popping up on the new show. It would make sense. She imprinted on Picard, and her husband was an older man. At some point, probably, the hubby will die and she is likely to come looking for Picard.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the idea of her popping up on the new show. It would make sense. She imprinted on Picard, and her husband was an older man. At some point, probably, the hubby will die and she is likely to come looking for Picard.

It would make a great episode, but it didn't look congruous with the trailer for the new show. Maybe next season or a Short Trek? (I think Picard is already approved for three seasons. :) )
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

It would make a great episode, but it didn't look congruous with the trailer for the new show. Maybe next season or a Short Trek? (I think Picard is already approved for three seasons. :) )

Oh, I hadn't even thought about future Picard shorts. There's gold to be found in them thar hills!

Also, I apologize for making everyone now think about Picard's shorts.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I hadn't even thought about future Picard shorts. There's gold to be found in them thar hills!

Also, I apologize for making everyone now think about Picard's shorts.

What, these old things?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/snbGOCdM1Ks/hqdefault.jpgyah6c8e9g357.jpeg

• Options
    Mako CallowayMako Calloway ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Would you guys say Kamala is worth going for? I like that she has Exoarchaeology, but not high science. And not many other traits.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you guys say Kamala is worth going for? I like that she has Exoarchaeology, but not high science. And not many other traits.

Kamala was the ranked reward last week. The only way to "go for her" at this point is to buy packs. If you're competing in this event it's for Locarno.

Between the two, Kamala is the much better crew.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

No, she's mediocre at best.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She’s Professor Sato lite
  • Options
    Now you have Dave Matthews Band stuck in my head.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Leonardo_DBidLeonardo_DBid ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I would like to know why I can't launch the game in Steam.

All I get is a server error "Unable to login, try later" or similiar. I can't even continue from the starting screen there your DB ID is displayed at top right corner.

I played the game this morning and everything seems fine then I log out and now this server issue.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

All I get is a server error "Unable to login, try later" or similiar. I can't even continue from the starting screen there your DB ID is displayed at top right corner.

I played the game this morning and everything seems fine then I log out and now this server issue.

There's a few threads about this in the Engineering room. Here's a couple:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14939/trouble-logging-in#latest

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14999/device-not-supported#latest

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14998/is-the-game-down-or-is-it-my-client#latest

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/categories/engineering-room
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    It probably won't come up again for a long while, but I'd like to make a request on behalf of new captains. When am uncommon is added to the game which is a variant of event crew, can said variant please count as bonus crew? (For example, variants of Kamala.) Thanks for considering!
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    It probably won't come up again for a long while, but I'd like to make a request on behalf of new captains. When am uncommon is added to the game which is a variant of event crew, can said variant please count as bonus crew? (For example, variants of Kamala.) Thanks for considering!

2* Kamala has „Empath“ trait and gets bonus, or isn t she?

EDIT All works as intended. She is Bonus crew.
    8xvlu4gy39d8.jpeg

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

There's a few threads about this in the Engineering room. Here's a couple:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14939/trouble-logging-in#latest

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14999/device-not-supported#latest

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14998/is-the-game-down-or-is-it-my-client#latest

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/categories/engineering-room

Eventually, I fix it by waiting a little then a login screen came up.
  • Options

2* Kamala has „Empath“ trait and gets bonus, or isn t she?

EDIT All works as intended. She is Bonus crew.
    8xvlu4gy39d8.jpeg

Good catch. Clearly I didn't think of that.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

She’s quite similar to New Eden Pike voyage wise, as to worth that would depend very much on your crew, as others have said the only way to get her would be a pack. She’s not a bad card.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options

I don't see any game play reason Exoarchaeology should be a swaying factor when deciding to go for anyone. To the best of my knowledge, it isn't a trait used in the Gauntlet or Voyages. It has never been, and is highly unlikely to ever, be used for an event.
  • Options

I don't see any game play reason Exoarchaeology should be a swaying factor when deciding to go for anyone. To the best of my knowledge, it isn't a trait used in the Gauntlet or Voyages. It has never been, and is highly unlikely to ever, be used for an event.

I think you just guaranteed an exoarchaeology mega for December.
  • Options

I think you just guaranteed an exoarchaeology mega for December.
    Kaitee wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, the Kelpien danger-sense was not the first place my brain went in the intro text when Siranna got a feeling from being in a turbolift with Kamala.

Like I wanna see this end up with Saru fronting up to Kamala in Ten Forward and being all "What are your intentions regarding my sister?!"

I much prefer the mega theme @Kaitee has come up with.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody else noticing a higher than expected rate of event shuttle fails?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »

Yes.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been failing probably 1 in 4.
  • Options

No. Have had a few fail, but not outside of the norm.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭

No, only failed one so far.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

No, only failed one so far.

Same.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I asked then, everyone I've talked with has reported high fail rates. I went through four cycles today where I failed 2 of 4 shuttles every time, with the posted success chance at 90% or higher which got me curious.

The other things I've noticed (small sample size obviously) but my shuttles with Priestess Siranna fail regularly; her first 4 shuttles all failed, and she has now failed 7 times total. I find this strange as her shuttle has a 95% success chance!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I asked then, everyone I've talked with has reported high fail rates. I went through four cycles today where I failed 2 of 4 shuttles every time, with the posted success chance at 90% or higher which got me curious.

The other things I've noticed (small sample size obviously) but my shuttles with Priestess Siranna fail regularly; her first 4 shuttles all failed, and she has now failed 7 times total. I find this strange as her shuttle has a 95% success chance!

Perhaps she’s a low priestess, not a high one. Or maybe not a very good one

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been doing as well as I expected, but then, I'm only playing for thresholds this time. That changes how I look at the results. I want at least 350K this event, and I'm on track to get it.