Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Empathy Gone Wrong - 11/21

Comments

• Options
    The event name seems appropriate for those of us exhausted with factions - and they used to be my favourite!
  • Options

Oh no...I thought we already had that knock-down, drag-out argument some months ago. Although I choose to believe the headcanon that Locarno is the illegitimate child of Owen Paris and his mistress, a masseuse, or just a random hookup at a bar (with a few strings pulled to ensure his admission to Starfleet Academy), I don’t think we should go so far as to consider Locarno to be a Tom Paris variant. I’d even hesitate to have Paris variants count as bonus crew, and thank DB for avoiding that can of worms by choosing Empaths to fill out the bonus crew for this event.

Edit - forgot that Locarno is next week’s 5*...oops.

This is Trek, so there has to be short connections, so this would make him the illegitimate son of Owen Paris after an indiscretion with Tasha Yar.

Tasha had the child adopted by the Locarno's, who are cousins to the Rozhenkos, pen-pals with the Bashirs and enjoy drinking Chateau Picard at Sisko's with their neighbour, Janeway's ex.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    furyd wrote: »
    This is Trek, so there has to be short connections, so this would make him the illegitimate son of Owen Paris after an indiscretion with Tasha Yar.

Tasha had the child adopted by the Locarno's, who are cousins to the Rozhenkos, pen-pals with the Bashirs and enjoy drinking Chateau Picard at Sisko's with their neighbour, Janeway's ex.

I see you're a reader of Star Trek Novels too, where in a Universe containing trillions of inhabitants, we have small universe connections between the unlikeliest of people...
  • Options
    Expedition please.

You spelled skirmish wrong.

I'd like a hybrid Expedition/Skirmish. Both are so grindy as solo events, but they work well together.

They need to simply do more split events including 1 each expedition/skirmish and 1 each faction/galaxy. That way everyone gets a little of what they want.l and you never spend an entire 4 days grinding.
  • Options
    Expedition/Faction
    Expedition/Galaxy
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expedition/Faction
    Expedition/Galaxy

7k3loeehx9l0.gif

Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Expedition/Faction
    Expedition/Galaxy

7k3loeehx9l0.gif

I'm fine with Expedition/Faction, but I'm against Anything/Galaxy so put me down for NO! with just one exclamation mark.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Expedition/Faction
    Expedition/Galaxy

7k3loeehx9l0.gif

I'm fine with Expedition/Faction, but I'm against Anything/Galaxy so put me down for NO! with just one exclamation mark.

I would awesome your post but you are drafting off of my cool cat gif without adding one of your own so that this discussion only has one cool cat gif and not two and I cannot awesome anything on the internet that does not have lots of cool cat gifs.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Expedition/Faction
    Expedition/Galaxy

7k3loeehx9l0.gif

I would awesome your post but you are drafting off of my cool cat gif without adding one of your own so that this discussion only has one cool cat gif and not two and I cannot awesome anything on the internet that does not have lots of cool cat gifs.

Fair.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Expedition/Faction
    Expedition/Galaxy

7k3loeehx9l0.gif

16nceot5tstv.gif

↑ (shameless attempt to get an awesome)

Back on track, though, at this point anything other than Skirmishes either bores me or irritates me, truth be told. But that's fine — I don't need to be vying for rank every weekend.

Haha, you caught on to what I was really doing, fishing for more cat gifs.

d828o46xeqhn.gif

I rewarded your cat gif with an awesome. Would have given you two if it were possible. :)

I agree skirmishes can get old. There is so much clicking. Kinda wish there was a higher lvl that cost more fuel but with more payout so I could do less clicking.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

I see you're a reader of Star Trek Novels too, where in a Universe containing trillions of inhabitants, we have small universe connections between the unlikeliest of people...

:D You cracked me up with that.

Though, to be fair, this started with DS9 when Worf ended up assigned to the same deep space station as Miles O'Brien, in a post that didn't previously exist.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options

Though, to be fair, this started with DS9 when Worf ended up assigned to the same deep space station as Miles O'Brien, in a post that didn't previously exist.

I would say before Worf, DS9 had already done it with "Past Prologue" (Lursa & B'Etor); "Q-Less" (Q & Vash); "Blood Oath" (Kor, Koloth, and Kang); and "Crossover" (the Mirror Universe).
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    no more expedition/skirmish hybrids ... ever. the last one was painful enough, i may still have PTSD
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Personally, I'm fine with it being a Faction event. I have family coming to visit that weekend, so a Faction is easy to sneak off to deal with every few hours.
  • Options

I would say before Worf, DS9 had already done it with "Past Prologue" (Lursa & B'Etor); "Q-Less" (Q & Vash); "Blood Oath" (Kor, Koloth, and Kang); and "Crossover" (the Mirror Universe).

Good points, all. Those didn't bother me as much since DS9 became such a strategic location (thanks to the wormhole) and it seemed logical some folks we knew might pass through once in a while. But some of those didn't really make sense. I don't remember the Duras sisters arrival, for example, to be in any way related to DS9's strategic location. Vash, at least, had been in the Gamma Quadrant on her expedition w/ Q, if I remember right.
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options

Good points, all. Those didn't bother me as much since DS9 became such a strategic location (thanks to the wormhole) and it seemed logical some folks we knew might pass through once in a while. But some of those didn't really make sense. I don't remember the Duras sisters arrival, for example, to be in any way related to DS9's strategic location. Vash, at least, had been in the Gamma Quadrant on her expedition w/ Q, if I remember right.

Lursa and B'Etor were selling a bomb to Tahna Los, who was gonna use it to blow up the wormhole and make the Federation leave DS9 and Bajor. The sisters were gonna use that cash to something, something, conquer the Klingon Empire. Must've been one really expensive bomb.
  • Options

Lursa and B'Etor were selling a bomb to Tahna Los, who was gonna use it to blow up the wormhole and make the Federation leave DS9 and Bajor. The sisters were gonna use that cash to something, something, conquer the Klingon Empire. Must've been one really expensive bomb.

Oh right. Well, to the extent they tied it to the wormhole, I guess it makes sense that we see those folks appear at DS9. Although it seems like there might have been easier bomb-makers/sellers to find in that area than the Duras sisters.
  • Options

Oh right. Well, to the extent they tied it to the wormhole, I guess it makes sense that we see those folks appear at DS9. Although it seems like there might have been easier bomb-makers/sellers to find in that area than the Duras sisters.

But none known by a lot of viewers. I liked their cameo.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has someone come up with a suggestion for the re-run (can't be flashback) that Locarno will be involved in? I'm assuming December is the next mega-event.

My money's on Guiding Principles (Faction/Galaxy - Kira, T'Pol and Wesley) ... would be nice, because that's the first event I played in as a member of the fleet I'm currently in (prior to that I was solo a bit and part of a dead fleet).

Anyway, that event is about teaching Starfleet crew ... a new programme at Starfleet Academy and an incident around the sharing of technology. Sorta a fit if I understand Memory Alpha correctly?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the Krenim Guest Paris event?
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Has someone come up with a suggestion for the re-run (can't be flashback) that Locarno will be involved in? I'm assuming December is the next mega-event.

My money's on Guiding Principles (Faction/Galaxy - Kira, T'Pol and Wesley) ... would be nice, because that's the first event I played in as a member of the fleet I'm currently in (prior to that I was solo a bit and part of a dead fleet).

Anyway, that event is about teaching Starfleet crew ... a new programme at Starfleet Academy and an incident around the sharing of technology. Sorta a fit if I understand Memory Alpha correctly?

Sounds about right judging by the schedule it’s the next hybrid due I can’t imagine another full galaxy so soon and ship of memory doesn’t seem fitting.

If it is I’ll enjoy adding a third star to my cmr Kira.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Past 15 event types including this weeks faction. Since the last Skirmishes,
    we had: Faction, Galaxy, Faction, Galaxy and again Faction(this week).

2azkccjmezsj.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Expedition please.

You spelled skirmish wrong.

I'd like a hybrid Expedition/Skirmish. Both are so grindy as solo events, but they work well together.

Please lord.....Never another expedition event please. That is the grind of grinds. Pass
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »

I'd settle for anything that isn't a faction event. More skirmishes are always welcome but I don't mind a hybrid either, it's a relaxed way to get at least one crew to 4/4. Hopefully DB remembers that they have 4 event types for the upcoming mega, if there are two faction events again that's going to be hugely disappointing.
  • Options

2azkccjmezsj.jpeg

We need a new event type is what that proves.
  • Options
    .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Please lord.....Never another expedition event please. That is the grind of grinds. Pass

More grind than Skirmish? It what way? At least it rewards you for having good crew. Also, I dont have to wait for boring ship animations to finish to move forward. Less boring.

EXPEDITION NOW!!!

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

2azkccjmezsj.jpeg

We need a new event type is what that proves.

Not necessarily, just more diversity in setting up the events.
    The past 5 weeks we havn t seen a Skirmishes or Hybrid at all. Why?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•