Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Yonder Star - 12/05 - ME part 1

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in The Bridge
Coming to you early as I will not be available until next Monday :) For those of you celebrating, Happy Thanksgiving.
Regardless of whether you are celebrating or not, I am thankful to have you as part of our players :)

Now that the mushy stuff is done with, on with the event info!

Event Name: Yonder Star
Event Type: Skirmish Event
Event Crew: Seeking Spock 5* (New), Christine Chapel 4* (New), and Commander Keras 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 12/05 until Monday 12/09 at Noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Rescue Team Uhura (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 12/12.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: Garth of Izar 5* (New)

Event Factions:
n/a

Bonus crew/ships:
• high bonus: event crew
• medium bonus: variants of Chapel, and crew listed below
• small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
- Miranda Class Ship2* (Existing)
• Romulan D'deridex Warbird 4* (Existing)
- U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-A 5* (Existing)

Commander Chapel
Doctor Chapel
Ensign Chapel
First Officer Chekov
Claiborne Chekov
Dancing Chekov
Ensign Chekov
Lieutenant Chekov
Commander Chekov
Admiral Kirk
Kal-if-fee Kirk
Evil Kirk
Gangster Kirk
Nexus Kirk
Command Wrap Kirk
Incognito Kirk
Mirror Kirk
Platonian Kirk
Roman Captive Kirk
Romulan Kirk
Rura Penthe Kirk
Survivalist Kirk
Captain Kirk
Wrathful Kirk
CMO 'Bones' McCoy
Drafted McCoy
Dr. Leonard McCoy
Gladiator McCoy
Katra McCoy
Prisoner 'Bones' McCoy
"Dark Ages" McCoy'
Transporter Chief Rand
Yeoman Rand
Commander Scott
Dress Uniform Scotty
Lt. Commander Scott
Captain Scott
Professor Scott
Tribble Herder Scotty
Ambassador Spock
Mountaineer Spock
Captain Spock
Commander Spock
Kal-if-fee Spock
Gangster Spock
Gladiator Spock
Laborer Spock
Kolinahr Spock
Mirror Spock
Talos IV Spock
Recovering Spock
Astrosciences Sulu
Captain Sulu
Fencing Sulu
Lt. Sulu
Mirror Sulu
Undercover Sulu
Gunslinger Uhura
Dancing Uhura
Lt. Commander Uhura
Mirror Uhura
Comm Officer Uhura
Nyota Uhura
Commander Uhura

Comments

• Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any idea what Rescue Team Uhura looks like?
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a skirmish on a weekend when i have days off from work?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5578653
    thanks DB and special thanks as always to Shan for putting up with all of us...and making this such an awesome week!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any idea what Rescue Team Uhura looks like?
    It‘s just a wild guess though...
    disn1jicggc3.jpeg

You forgot the shadowing
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much scrolling. Hope that gets fixed soon.
    Thank you for the info, Shan. (Hope your time off is/was enjoyable.) I'm looking forward to a skirmish and Uhura and Chapel, but mostly Gary of Izar. And hopefully more of that quality dialogue.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Herbert wrote: »
    Is this Nimbus III Uhura, possibly? (Wasn’t that a rescue mission?)
    e6hc1ejar2wi.jpeg

Was thinking that one but I’d bet it’s going to be this one:
    xvhbac0o9uwd.jpeg
  • Any idea what Rescue Team Uhura looks like?
    It‘s just a wild guess though...
    disn1jicggc3.jpeg

Anything less will be a disappointment.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Herbert wrote: »
    Is this Nimbus III Uhura, possibly? (Wasn’t that a rescue mission?)
    e6hc1ejar2wi.jpeg

I am 1000% okay with this.
    Could it be the Uhura who, along with Chapel, led an all-female rescue party in TAS episode 'The Lorelei Signal'? 7q42xyfmonkp.jpg
    Intriguing...if that were to be the case, it would be the first TAS version of a main character and could raise some interesting questions about art style - would it follow the tradition of taking the very flat TAS art and making it something truly special or would it borrow a pose from one or more live-action scenes with a different uniform?
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intriguing...if that were to be the case, it would be the first TAS version of a main character and could raise some interesting questions about art style - would it follow the tradition of taking the very flat TAS art and making it something truly special or would it borrow a pose from one or more live-action scenes with a different uniform?

I’ve always assumed the 2* Kirk was his TAS version. Am I off-base in thinking that?

Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • EnderW wrote: »

I’ve always assumed the 2* Kirk was his TAS version. Am I off-base in thinking that?

Yes, but I'm accepting it as head canon now.
  • EnderW wrote: »

This is interesting. I always assumed it was TOS since the artwork is much too detailed to be TAS, but upon further inspection Commander Thelin, Aleek-Om, Arex Na Eth, and Lucien all have equally detailed artwork inconsistent with the original hand drawn art. That being the case you may be right.

However, given that the other 2 options in the first free captains choice (2* picard and 2* promoted sisko) are all main series, I would venture to guess that the original intention was for it to be TOS. Who knows really.
  • robownage wrote: »
    So much oooooooooh! Early news, and new Chapels and Uhuras are always welcome!

(Plus an ew for another repeat 5* ship)

Garth isn't event crew but should give full bonus right?

• Glenn FiddichGlenn Fiddich ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Let me requote that: Disruptor Beam Forums

Event Name: Yonder Star

Event Type: Skirmish Event

Event Crew: Seeking Spock 5* (New), Christine Chapel 4* (New), and Commander Keras 4* (Existing)

Event Dates: Thursday 12/05 until Monday 12/09 at Noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Rescue Team Uhura (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 12/12.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: Garth of Izar 5* (New)

Bonus crew/ships:

• high bonus: event crew

• medium bonus: variants of Chapel, and crew listed below

• small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Garth isn't listed as event crew here
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garth is the recurring mega, he’s event crew all month.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Glenn Fiddich , the Mega-Event recurring 5* has been featured crew (i.e. high bonus) in each week of every prior Mega-Event. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • I know, shan just didn't list him as bonus crew
    I know, shan just didn't list him as bonus crew

He is event crew. Event crew provide max bonus. Therefore, Garth provides max bonus.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    ^ What Dirk said.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure variants of Spock should provide medium bonus as well.
  • marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    Don’t have a legendary Uhura card yet, so definitely jazzed about this event. Maybe I’ll try to go for more than 1 copy. I hope she has at least decent stats.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very much looking forward to seeing how the need for a couple hundred Federation transmissions gets worked into this skirmish event ;)
  • Any idea what Rescue Team Uhura looks like?

I really hope it’s feather fans Uhura! That was a rescue team after all! Lol!
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • I'm a bit surprised that the TNG-era appearances by the TOS bridge crew are all bonus crew, but the Disco Spock variants aren't. It's almost as if they're two different people...
  • I think it is based on the actor. TNG variant is the same actor, but not disco variant. It's a peculiar type of logic, but the path is clear.
  • ByloBand wrote: »
    I am very much looking forward to seeing how the need for a couple hundred Federation transmissions gets worked into this skirmish event ;)

Speaking of transmissions, it might be worthwhile to run Augments shuttles since Christine Chapel is certain to need Medical and Science Experiments.