Home Engineering Room
Options

Cannot create a thread yet but have an issue? Please post here :)

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    When am I supposed to be able to create threads here?
    There's no info or welcome thread pinned anywhere with basic information like that. We could use one I think.

There is information in your profile page about this, and I have now given you enough point to reach the proper rank to be able to create your own discussions.
    You will need to log out and then log back in however.

• Options
    So when can we start a thread?
  • Options
    Is there any way to know how much people are we playing the game? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Just curios....
  • Options
    Hi! I get flickering on the opening intro. I don't know why android
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when can we start a thread?

You should be able to now.
    Being able to create a discussion is dependent of how recent your account is and its rank.
    Ranks can be obtained by gaining points, points are obtained by participating in existing discussions.

And if needed, am I also available for help.

These measures are necessary to avoid too many spammers and the havoc they can create.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galen1811 wrote: »
    Is there any way to know how much people are we playing the game? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Just curios....

I do not have that info, sorry :)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ali-Sama wrote: »

Hi and welcome!

That is not much to go on.
    What type of device are you using?
    Are you able to play normally once you are in game?
  • Options
    Thanks also...Shan...
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galen1811 wrote: »

You can get a ballpark estimate of active players by using the Arena area. If you go to Leaderboards and Rewards, then in the Ranked Rewards area, scroll down to the bottom, you will see how many players are currently playing in that division. The one with the most players is the Commander Division, with 100,280. However, there is probably a small percentage of otherwise active players who don't bother with the Arena, so I'd add on a few thousand to that.

As far as inactive players, or ones who don't play very often at all, that's hard to gauge. It could be as much as double the number I gave above, I suppose.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    And consider also that not everyone is playing the Commander division, Personally I only play the admiral division. Frees up crew space.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Ali-Sama wrote: »

Hi and welcome!

That is not much to go on.
    What type of device are you using?
    Are you able to play normally once you are in game?

Yes. I tried it on both samsung galaxy tab S2 and s6. Both had flickering lines
  • Options
    Anyone having problems purchasing the new premium campaign reward track? I get the button for a split second for "9999" and then it disappears. I tried on multiple Android devices with the same result.
    dta9827l6fzm.png
    00zhflx394n4.png
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone having problems purchasing the new premium campaign reward track? I get the button for a split second for "9999" and then it disappears. I tried on multiple Android devices with the same result.
    dta9827l6fzm.png
    00zhflx394n4.png

Having same problem, also on my Apple iPad.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    dta9827l6fzm.png
    00zhflx394n4.png

Hi and welcome!
    This has now been resolved :)
  • Options
    Ok...thanks....Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭ Gib - Almirante Mariners ✭✭✭
  • Options
    I have a suggestion, a question and a comment on the earlier post on number of players.

My suggestion is that you autosend an email when someone joins the forum telling them the procedures that are required to enable starting a new thread. I have been reading the forum for some time, Awesomed a post and commented on another but this is not enough.

My question concerns Cadet Challenges. Once all the Cadet Challenges are completed at Epic level and I have VIP status, is it safe to freeze 2 and 3 star crew or will that stop the cadet challenges from autocompleting on warp?

As people have said, the number of players is a slippery concept. Do you count people that open the app and then quit or do they have to reach a certain point to be counted? The number of players on any given day will be in a state of flux - players that get as far as the Arena might play for a day, a week or a month and then decide to stop and then it takes them at least 2 weeks to drop off the arena leaderboards. 100,000 from the Arena leaderboard is a possibility but looking at my (Open) fleet with 27 members I don't see anybody ranked over 50,000 for the last event. So perhaps somewhere between those two numbers would be the number of "regular" players?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a suggestion, a question and a comment on the earlier post on number of players.

My suggestion is that you autosend an email when someone joins the forum telling them the procedures that are required to enable starting a new thread. I have been reading the forum for some time, Awesomed a post and commented on another but this is not enough.

My question concerns Cadet Challenges. Once all the Cadet Challenges are completed at Epic level and I have VIP status, is it safe to freeze 2 and 3 star crew or will that stop the cadet challenges from autocompleting on warp?

As people have said, the number of players is a slippery concept. Do you count people that open the app and then quit or do they have to reach a certain point to be counted? The number of players on any given day will be in a state of flux - players that get as far as the Arena might play for a day, a week or a month and then decide to stop and then it takes them at least 2 weeks to drop off the arena leaderboards. 100,000 from the Arena leaderboard is a possibility but looking at my (Open) fleet with 27 members I don't see anybody ranked over 50,000 for the last event. So perhaps somewhere between those two numbers would be the number of "regular" players?

Hi and welcome!

If we were to send out an email with instructions, that would also allow spammers to circumvent our protections.

It is not ideal, I know.
    However I can always be reached via private messages to help out as well, as I did now for you.
    It might require you to log out, log back in but you will now be able to create your own discussions.

Cadet challenges: you can freeze your 2 and 3 star crew.
  • Options
    Many thanks.

Yes, I understand - what seems clear to an outsider may not be what actually works in practice. Yes, I did have to log out and back in.
  • Options
    GD2JGD2J ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Cannot complete purchases. The buttons are greyed out and say "locked". I've tried logging out and back in again on my iPhone, but no change. All the dilithium purchase options are the same.

o6fm5h31a1t9.jpg
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    GD2J wrote: »
    Cannot complete purchases. The buttons are greyed out and say "locked". I've tried logging out and back in again on my iPhone, but no change. All the dilithium purchase options are the same.

o6fm5h31a1t9.jpg

Check your payment profile in itunes?
    Has something changed? Is your method of payment still valid? Parental controls maybe?

Do you have the ability to log in on another platform by any chance?
  • Options
    TreesTrees ✭✭
    Hey there. It is April 29th - 1:30pm EST. I am unable to connect to the game - either on my iPad or iPhone. Are there any systems issues?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there. It is April 29th - 1:30pm EST. I am unable to connect to the game - either on my iPad or iPhone. Are there any systems issues?

Hi and welcome!
    No issues on our end.
  • Options
    TreesTrees ✭✭
    Hey guys - I am unable to get logged into the game. It was working this morning, but not this afternoon. It says I have invalid credentials to log in - I even uninstalled and reinstalled game. Any guidance?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trees wrote: »
    Hey guys - I am unable to get logged into the game. It was working this morning, but not this afternoon. It says I have invalid credentials to log in - I even uninstalled and reinstalled game. Any guidance?

How are you logging in? With an email address/password or your FB profile?
    These will be important details to share with support if this persists.
    You can contact them via sttsupport.tiltingpoint.com
  • Options
    GD2JGD2J ✭✭

o6fm5h31a1t9.jpg

Has something changed? Is your method of payment still valid? Parental controls maybe?

Ended up googling "in app purchases not working" and logging out of itunes , restarting, and then logging in again seems to have solved the issue. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

o6fm5h31a1t9.jpg

Ended up googling "in app purchases not working" and logging out of itunes , restarting, and then logging in again seems to have solved the issue. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot.

You are welcome and I am glad it was an easy solution :)
  • Options
    A Marginal Victory skirmish event, Epic mode isn't displaying any available ships to select? (Normal and Elite are working)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Marginal Victory skirmish event, Epic mode isn't displaying any available ships to select? (Normal and Elite are working)

What platform/device are you using?
  • Options
    Windows 10.
  • Options
    All I get is the Ad to purchase Featured Ships for the event. None of my Ships are available for selection.