Home The Bridge
Options

The most amazing thing just happened.... Merry Glitchmas!!!!!!

edited December 2019 in The Bridge
I just got to collect ALL my "increase captain" rewards again and even the lvl 99 one. It's very odd cause now I see 2 of the same achievement in my list (will post screenshot). I got the honor and 10x (10x pull was garbage) and was able to purchase 3 gold citations with the honor. Anybody else experience this?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2019
    k0vezjuxhgu0.jpg
    8f0jfbcmy0b5.jpg
  • Options
    Yes. Many have been mentioning it in UC, on Line, and other places.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t read the text that popped up after a forced restart; I did see it mentioned “Merry Christmas.” Is this possibly a really, really great end of year gift?!?!
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    I didn’t read the text that popped up after a forced restart; I did see it mentioned “Merry Christmas.” Is this possibly a really, really great end of year gift?!?!

That's my thinking and my Locutus says thank you DB... Christmas Cheer is not irrelevant haha
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain level 99 finally has its privileges
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not happening here. 😥
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    What an amazing thing to wake up to.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I think it likely a gift from DB due to the timing of it. I did notice that the poster here made sure to claim everything before posting asking DB if it was a glitch. Never seen one do otherwise.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I think it likely a gift from DB due to the timing of it. I did notice that the poster here made sure to claim everything before posting.

Yeaaaaaaaaah guilty as charged....I was too excited
  • Options
    This is actually a great Xmas gift - something for everyone and it gets better depending on level of achievement and time in the game (not spending). My 100k extra honor might give me a reason to get Captain Bev!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but since it defaulted to the Achievements tab, unfortunately this had the effect of me accidentally clicking and moving my Fierce Guinan reward from Achievements into my Crew Quarters, so now I’m down a slot for the upcoming Faction event.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Just did see it five minutes ago and did claim all :D
    It was not there when all the dailies did change (about two hours ago).

I think it's a glitch, but as it is Christmas it's a very nice coincidence.

Thanks a lot DB!!! Just enough honor to FF two Legendaries (will be Garth and Scrooge McData for me)
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    NS111111 wrote: »
    This is actually a great Xmas gift - something for everyone and it gets better depending on level of achievement and time in the game (not spending). My 100k extra honor might give me a reason to get Captain Bev!

No, I am lvl 71 and got it all up to lvl 99 too.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    6acodxjfylsj.jpg

I can see it and have that achievement twice at different levels but I can't claim it?

EDIT: Restarted the game and could claim the whole thing up until level 99.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    6acodxjfylsj.jpg

I can see it and have that achievement twice at different levels but I can't claim it?

Close the app first.
  • Options
    Ren~ wrote: »
    6acodxjfylsj.jpg

Close the app first.

I did and it worked, cheers.
  • Options
    [G5618] Mauzi[G5618] Mauzi ✭✭
    edited December 2019

Of course! It's absolutely logical that DB deviates from the usual method of sending a mail with 100k honor attached along with a heartwarming Xmas message text, and instead opts to make you claim honor from a long row of achievements that has been completed in the past already.

Everyone who claimed/spent that honor should also make sure to smoke substances to make their brain feel elevated instead of naughty, and put on ear plugs and a blindfold for good measure, just to make absolutely sure that everything is totally fine and there's no way any contradicting evidence or opinions can reach their brains that their actions might have been less than 100% innocent and there may be the slightest possibility they've been cashing in on an obvious bug...
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course! It's absolutely logical that DB deviates from the usual method of sending a mail with 100k honor attached along with a heartwarming Xmas message text, and instead opts to make you claim honor from a long row of achievements that has been completed in the past already.

Everyone who claimed/spent that honor should also make sure to smoke substances to make their brain feel elevated instead of naughty, and put on ear plugs and a blindfold for good measure, just to make absolutely sure that everything is totally fine and there's no way any contradicting evidence or opinions can reach their brains that their actions might have been less than 100% innocent and there may be the slightest possibility they've been cashing in on an obvious bug...

If it's a glitch and they undo the purchases: oh well
    If it was a Christmas gift disguised in an Easter egg: no harm, no foul

Don't gotta see why everyone has to be so grumpy about a possibly very cool way of delivering a Christmas gift.

Even if it was a glitch/bug, leaving the added things in people's accounts is great public relations, and calling it an intended "gift" is a nice way to deal with it. If they go Scrooge and take it back, oh well. That is their choice.

I got Musketeer Picard from a BeGold in the Premium Ten Pull. I also decided to go for a Legendary BeGold in the Honour Hall, and put a third 🌟 on Dance Fever Chekov........
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    My guess:

They are working on extending the game beyond captains level 99. This is maybe part of the recently announced QoL improvements.

Since you can finish the existing achievement and clear the new achievement up to your current level... this would make sense. The old achievement maybe was simply incompatible with levels above 99 ;)

BTW: If you haven't got your honor yet, just wait and relogin later. This change is obviously rolled out in waves.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess:

BTW: If you haven't got your honor yet, just wait and relogin later. This change is obviously rolled out in waves.

Everyone I've seen has been able to claim it. It took a few reboots for the gifts to show on mine though.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the text I clicked through was just the regular announcement of the week’s Tuesday packs. So nothing new or different. We’ll probably get a note around noon (or maybe tomorrow).

I’m betting this isn’t a glitch and is an intended gift. In fairness to DB, they’ve never been cruel with the fan base, so we should be thankful for this and not suspicious. Thanks DB; this was a wonderful Santa gift! 😃
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options

Don't gotta see why everyone has to be so grumpy about a possibly very cool way of delivering a Christmas gift.

Even if it was a glitch/bug, leaving the added things in people's accounts is great public relations, and calling it an intended "gift" is a nice way to deal with it. If they go Scrooge and take it back, oh well. That is their choice.

I got Musketeer Picard from a BeGold in the Premium Ten Pull. I also decided to go for a Legendary BeGold in the Honour Hall, and put a third 🌟 on Dance Fever Chekov........

Exactly my point....and btw congrats on the good loot! Nice to see someone else enjoying this windfall.
  • Options

I don't understand why everyone has to be so grumpy about a possibly very cool way of delivering a Christmas gift.

I'm not grumpy, I also double-claimed the rewards. I just found it funny how people are being so delusional about this not being a bug. It obviously is. :)
    The only thing that makes even remotely sense would be Ben Siskos theory about new tier rewards. But that would mean the game's code is a total mess - every other game with tiered achievements that I've played was able to add additional tiers to existing achievements easily.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

I don't understand why everyone has to be so grumpy about a possibly very cool way of delivering a Christmas gift.

I'm not grumpy, I also double-claimed the rewards. I just found it funny how people are being so delusional about this not being a bug. It obviously is. :)
    The only thing that makes even remotely sense would be Ben Siskos theory about new tier rewards. But that would mean the game's code is a total mess - every other game with tiered achievements that I've played was able to add additional tiers to existing achievements easily.

If this is you not being grumpy....then I'd loath to see you mad....cause that's very rude and with db, I can actually see them giving a gift in this manner as a joke in good fun. They have so many bugs that them releasing their gift as a 'bug' actually is quite funny.