Home The Bridge
Options

The most amazing thing just happened.... Merry Glitchmas!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    I claimed the loot. My 10x pull got me the fourth star for Ardra. Make of that what you will.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    ahhh3n2uegaz.jpg
  • Options
    I claimed it, The honor gave me the final 3 stars on Gunslinger Uhura, completed 2 collections with those stars.
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    @ByloBand this is what I was trying to say after @Ben Sisko ••••
    Pointed it out. Well done @ByloBand

That this was the first step in a fix. The new achievement that can be changed as DB needs is now there. Since this will probably lead to the removal of the old achievement too, DB turned it into a Christmas gift. By giving us all the the whole old achievement today. The new achievement gave us the ones below are level. The old one DB forced to level 99 giving everybody what was left of the old achievement.

I do wonder tho how this will play out for new accounts? Will they get the new achievement released the day they start playing? Will it not even show up? Regardless I'm glad I posted about this cause it was honest and after all the goodwill expressed by most people here I'm sure DB won't go and reverse this now. Plus it brings up good theories about what is coming for the QoL update in the future (credit to @ByloBand )

Hard to say, it will be wait and see if the old one is removed. If not, it may mean new players will start with the 100k honor and a x10 pull.

The 100k honour for new players might be a "+". They taste some good feelings and want to play more, and for old players bring some little stars for current crew or maybe a free gauntlet honor exclusive character. Just transform the bug in a gift and everyone would be happy. Fixing is actually easy by make all account lose 100k honour, even if this means to make it negative. Simple as that, and for sure would bring up some rage around. For me dosen't matter what decision would be, i learned something in time... enjoy a game as is, with + or -, it's something to get you entertained not stressed. Btw...Merry Christmas everyone!
  • Options
    Speaking of "glitches" in Achievements, I only just realized that my Daily Missions are showing up double today. Only noticed it when I was able to claim the first 4 campaign rewards without having completed all the dailies yet. Glitch or another "gift"?
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Claimed it ...

- Pull was a dud (all immortal 4* behold I think).
    - With the Honor I purchased 3 final citation stars for Insectoid ... which got me Tier 5 of the Delphic Expanse collection ... 3 to go, including a 3/4 Tarquin, here's hoping he drops from a voyage soon. :)
  • Options
    Speaking of "glitches" in Achievements, I only just realized that my Daily Missions are showing up double today. Only noticed it when I was able to claim the first 4 campaign rewards without having completed all the dailies yet. Glitch or another "gift"?

A fleetmate had the same thing happen to him but not me. Now that is definitely a glitch.
  • Options
    Hm, okay, weird. It has happened once or twice before and then I was able to fix it with a restart but not this time.
  • Options
    Hm, okay, weird. It has happened once or twice before and then I was able to fix it with a restart but not this time.

I've had it double one achievement or even have one achievement missing (so no 200 honor)
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    My money is this is a bit of both. They intended the new achievement to go live either 12/24-5 or 1/1. They activated, and went home.
    Then the level 99 achievement glitched, and everybody got everything at once.

I'm disappointed that TP has decided to gut what they previously convinced DB to do, and no more 5* gift, no more honor gift, and no more honor sale.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    I didn’t read the text that popped up after a forced restart; I did see it mentioned “Merry Christmas.” Is this possibly a really, really great end of year gift?!?!

Of course! It's absolutely logical that DB deviates from the usual method of sending a mail with 100k honor attached along with a heartwarming Xmas message text, and instead opts to make you claim honor from a long row of achievements that has been completed in the past already.

Everyone who claimed/spent that honor should also make sure to smoke substances to make their brain feel elevated instead of naughty, and put on ear plugs and a blindfold for good measure, just to make absolutely sure that everything is totally fine and there's no way any contradicting evidence or opinions can reach their brains that their actions might have been less than 100% innocent and there may be the slightest possibility they've been cashing in on an obvious bug...

If it's a glitch and they undo the purchases: oh well
    If it was a Christmas gift disguised in an Easter egg: no harm, no foul

Don't gotta see why everyone has to be so grumpy about a possibly very cool way of delivering a Christmas gift.

Even if it was a glitch/bug, leaving the added things in people's accounts is great public relations, and calling it an intended "gift" is a nice way to deal with it. If they go Scrooge and take it back, oh well. That is their choice.

I got Musketeer Picard from a BeGold in the Premium Ten Pull. I also decided to go for a Legendary BeGold in the Honour Hall, and put a third 🌟 on Dance Fever Chekov........

EDIT: The Honour I spent was Honour I already had. I was already over 110,000 and bought one Honour Hall BeGold. If they wanna take back the Musketeer Picard, I have no beef. Now, if they take more than the "Mistake" Honour, Wellington is on...........

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Shan. And thanks DB for not fixing it right away or trying to undo it.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    We are aware of this, it is indeed a glitch.
    Here is the communication about it :)
    forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15201/achievement-glitch/

Thank you for the good will gesture for the holidays. You guys are usually awesome when stuff happens. {No one is holding PicardGate against y'all.}
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

That's awesome @Shan, thank you for letting it be. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!.
  • Options
    Was anyone else expecting the new mail to be the Event Transmissions? Or did I forget we already got them?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was anyone else expecting the new mail to be the Event Transmissions? Or did I forget we already got them?

I think your memory is playing tricks on you again! We got them yesterday :)
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woohoo. Thanks @Shan. Some goodwill and holiday cheer for all. Now who to spend it on.....
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »

I think your memory is playing tricks on you again! We got them yesterday :)

I can't remember stuff. Not at all. I was kinda like "Oh, I thought we already got the Transmissions" when I saw six Mails. Did not expect anyone to be in the office today, I guess. But I guess some things can be done from home.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    It is dec 25th,
    It is during the 12 days advertisement,
    QOL updates being added now? soon? Both?,
    Upgrades to cpt lvl requested,
    Upgrades/additions to achievements requested,
    It would appear something was intentional (thank you DB), because updates or upgrades do not usually occur at this time of day, but did not roll out properly as some are reporting differing achievements being doubled or available for reclaim as if new.

Some ppl have spent it, some ppl have had varying rewards. It would be quite a task to sort out exactly who got what, and try to take it back. Or remove cites or crew gained by immediate spenders.
    It seems this is familiar to the “butter” Kirk debacle. Remember? Some ppl got 2/5 kirk, some ppl got 1/5, and some ppl got none. In the end they figured out who got none and gave 1/5 to those. Not perfect (because some had gotten 2/5), but effort acknowledged. They will likely take a week to decide what happened then Try to be fair. Sometimes DB can be reasonable.

It was a new achievement. It showed up the first time you logged in after daily reset after their Tuesday server release. They were likely planning a new achievement for January. It started as a copy/paste of captain level. They accidentally released it early. This was 100% a broken release.

I still think they won't want to deal with unwinding this from everyone. But anyone claiming this was an intentional Christmas gift is deluding themselves.

Currently there is an announcement so it is a non-issue at this time. But i did want to point out the release time on this achievement glitch was not regular Tuesday server release time for many ppl. That was the basis for thinking it was an intentional gift gone wrong. Normal Tuesday updates come to me at 9am my time. I log off and back on multiple times a day. Nvr stay logged in unless actively playing. This release came to me at midnight change from tuesday/wednesday being set exactly at the change from December 24 tue to 25th a wed. Not regular server update time.
    It rolled out to alot of ppl at that time. Even the release was scattered. Leading those who rcvd at beginning of day dec 25th to think it was an intentional gift, with malfunctions.
  • Options
    T'RamaT'Rama ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Sorry, I'm still a little fuddled on this...if we use the honor to buy and apply citations, will those citations be stripped with next week's server update/correction.

It does say enjoy the rewards UNTIL THEN, so I'm getting the vibe that they could vanish.
    1st Command 12/26/18
    Immortals: 116
    -ENTERPRISE- (Mirror Empok Nor)
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Shan, that link loops you back to this Thread, even though the Discussion Number is different.....

Text is the same as the mail we got:

Season’s Greetings, Captains!

When timelines cross on a daily basis it is not without consequences as you well know.
    This time it also affected our achievements system resulting in the Captain level achievement being shown twice and claimable twice.

In the spirit of the holidays we’ve decided to let this be until next week when it will be corrected with our weekly server release. So please enjoy the additional achievement and rewards until then.

Thank you for playing!

The STAR TREK TIMELINES Team
    T'Rama wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm still a little fuddled on this...if we use the honor to buy and apply citations, will those citations be stripped with next week's server update/correction.

It does say enjoy the rewards UNTIL THEN, so I'm getting the vibe that they could vanish.

I read it to be that what we collect between now and the update, will stay. It says
    So please enjoy the additional achievement and rewards until then.
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if you have not claimed them, it will be gone with the new update. So claim now otherwise you will lose it
  • Options

Nothing will be stripped.
    However the double achievement will be removed.

Thanx for the clarification, Shan!!!!!

• Options
    Thank you so much for the clarification Shan!
    1st Command 12/26/18
    Immortals: 116
    -ENTERPRISE- (Mirror Empok Nor)
  • Options

It's a glitch that happens every once and awhile. Happened to me today, actually, second time since I started playing. Enjoy the extra rewards!
  • Options

Nothing will be stripped.
    However the double achievement will be removed.

Is that also the case for the double daily missions that some people seem to have? Or will that reset by itself for tomorrow? I claimed them all to get the honor for completing all the dailies but don't wanna claim campaign rewards yet because I got too many Accolades.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    It is dec 25th,
    It is during the 12 days advertisement,
    QOL updates being added now? soon? Both?,
    Upgrades to cpt lvl requested,
    Upgrades/additions to achievements requested,
    It would appear something was intentional (thank you DB), because updates or upgrades do not usually occur at this time of day, but did not roll out properly as some are reporting differing achievements being doubled or available for reclaim as if new.

Some ppl have spent it, some ppl have had varying rewards. It would be quite a task to sort out exactly who got what, and try to take it back. Or remove cites or crew gained by immediate spenders.
    It seems this is familiar to the “butter” Kirk debacle. Remember? Some ppl got 2/5 kirk, some ppl got 1/5, and some ppl got none. In the end they figured out who got none and gave 1/5 to those. Not perfect (because some had gotten 2/5), but effort acknowledged. They will likely take a week to decide what happened then Try to be fair. Sometimes DB can be reasonable.

It was a new achievement. It showed up the first time you logged in after daily reset after their Tuesday server release. They were likely planning a new achievement for January. It started as a copy/paste of captain level. They accidentally released it early. This was 100% a broken release.

I still think they won't want to deal with unwinding this from everyone. But anyone claiming this was an intentional Christmas gift is deluding themselves.

Currently there is an announcement so it is a non-issue at this time. But i did want to point out the release time on this achievement glitch was not regular Tuesday server release time for many ppl. That was the basis for thinking it was an intentional gift gone wrong. Normal Tuesday updates come to me at 9am my time. I log off and back on multiple times a day. Nvr stay logged in unless actively playing. This release came to me at midnight change from tuesday/wednesday being set exactly at the change from December 24 tue to 25th a wed. Not regular server update time.
    It rolled out to alot of ppl at that time. Even the release was scattered. Leading those who rcvd at beginning of day dec 25th to think it was an intentional gift, with malfunctions.

As you said, it's a moot point now. But when they've added achievements or daily rewards in the past, if you had logged in for the day already, it only appeared after reset. So yes, it wasn't timed to go out with the release, but it did follow they're previous patterns for similar releases.