Home The Bridge
Options

The most amazing thing just happened.... Merry Glitchmas!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like mentioned above I am not even lvl 99 but still I could claim it all way through. It clearly is some sort of bug. Maybe it is just labelled erronously and should be a new achievement for something entirely different?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    SteveJ301SteveJ301 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    By whatever means it's happened, I'm not complaining - for the record, I'm going for gift.

The ten-pack got me a second star for Assimilated Hawk, and I picked up and cited Kahless the Unforgettable too, so I'm happy.
  • Options
    I am guessing that it had to have been planned because of the timing....that or... an Easter egg put into the programing by a disgruntled employee.

I don't know, we'll just gave to wait and see what DB says.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been 9 hrs since I got this gift/bug (fully claimed immediately of course). Since there have been no announcements to the contrary, I hereby accept them and will begin using them.

(checks who-to-cite-next list)... Interfaced La Forge, please report to the Honor Hall to receive your 4th star.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restart made a difference 😀
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankies DB! :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    i saw this too. Thanks DB and Happy Holidays!
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So uh... about an honor sale...?

(Also, can you imagine the chaos if this happened LAST YEAR during the sale?)
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don’t ruin my holiday buzz.
  • Options
    NoneNone ✭✭✭
    I’m going to claim it and sit on it. If they want it back, no problem. I didn’t have it before, wasn’t expecting it now. If they take it back, I’m still where I was before, so no loss. But if they let us keep it, then that would be a nice gift.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    My guess:

They are working on extending the game beyond captains level 99. This is maybe part of the recently announced QoL improvements.

Since you can finish the existing achievement and clear the new achievement up to your current level... this would make sense. The old achievement maybe was simply incompatible with levels above 99 ;)

BTW: If you haven't got your honor yet, just wait and relogin later. This change is obviously rolled out in waves.

I think you nailed this. They had to create a new achievement to extend the level achievement beyond 100. And decided to give everyone a completed old achievement. So everyone will get exactly the same rewards as they go up in level. Basically, everyone today got what was equivalent to the whole old achievement for captain level from 0(or 1) to 99

Edit: now I am not sure. Would are captain levels go beyond 99? Or, is it just the achievement? Would those at level 99 now see the achievement for higher?

Edit2: for now everything shows level 99 as max. However, it is still possible for this to change when the new update goes into effect.

Edit3: I did forget to Thank DB (not sure if they still are that name or Tilting Point)
    Because what ever the reason I believe this was an international release today.
  • Options
    I don't believe this was a glitch. There was no server or game update released that could have caused this and the fact it happened on Christmas day can not be simply coincidence.

So I'm just going to say ..... Thank you DB and Happy Holidays!
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
    Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's gonna stay (also with the double leveling), so my VIP0 spare toon can benefit from extra honor up to Level 50, hehe. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Why would you make a thread about this?
  • Options

Because its fair... ?!?
  • Options
    I believe this was done on purpose, a silent gift to everyone masked behind a "believed problem fro everyone".
    To those of you not able to cash it yet, quit the game and restart it, I was in your situation when people in my fleet began talking, I did as I mentioned and ¡voila! Honor + 4* Portal.
  • Options
    I was a bit confused by it at first...but I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

If it’s intentional, thank you DB! If it was unintentional, well also thank you!

My now 250k honor and three citations sitting in my inventory will be happily used when I have time to sit down and figure out where I want them to go.
  • Options

Because as you may read above, some people haven't cashed it yet and this post might help them cash it now!

Merry Christmas for everyone!
  • Options
    [GoT] Gabe wrote: »
    I don't believe this was a glitch. There was no server or game update released that could have caused this and the fact it happened on Christmas day can not be simply coincidence.

So I'm just going to say ..... Thank you DB and Happy Holidays!

Thanks DB!
  • Options
    Not happening here. 😥

Quit and restart the game.
  • Options
    If I had to guess, I'd say it was a glitch. The claimed lvl 99 achievement is still showing up on my list even after another restart. (I'm only lvl 61)

I'm guessing it was either a QoL upgrade glitch, or a possible honor sale in the making glitch. And they're probably trying to figure out what to do with it at this point.

If it was intentional, then thank you very much DB!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, DB! 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glitch or not, yes I'm very happy.

Merry Xmas / nadolig llawen to all
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, DB.

Maayong Pasko
  • Options
    Aldude wrote: »
    Glitch or not, yes I'm very happy.

Merry Xmas / nadolig llawen to all

A Blwyddyn Newydd Dda yn 2020 hefyd!!
  • Options
    Well i got to tick off an STT bucket list by using the buy again button for the legendary citation *2
  • Options
    [VIP0] Kooz[VIP0] Kooz ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    TEACHER! You forgot to give us homework on the weekend!
    F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!