Daily Honor Special

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day Two 10K BeGold:

Kai Opaka
    Captain Frasier Crane
    MIRROR BASHIR

Figured BASHIR would have more Event legs than even a beloved one-off character. Or a supporting character that left early in a series.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Day 2- 10k

Nothing to write home about. Second 🌟 on Detective Data.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was impatient and spent all my Honor on Day 1. To show for it, I got:

Doctor Chaotica (Prisoner Katrina Cornwell, already IMM or ?)
    Emperor Phillipa Georgiou (Juliana Tainer 2nd star or ?)
    Honey Bare Jadzia (Bridge Officer Number One or RAF Miles O'Brien, toughest choice)
    Phlox, Au Naturel (Scientist Degra or ?)
    Solar Sails Sisko (Grand Nagus Rom or Tempted Data; would have been 3rd star for each)
    Trader Worf (? or ?)

Some of my ?'s were Augment Picard, Rain Robinson, and Torchbearer Rejac, but I don't remember who was in which pool. Picard was not in the same pool as Chaotica; I'd have picked him. Everyone is FE except Chaotica. Haven't committed to keeping him. Including Dr. 'Bones' McCoy and Michael Sullivan, I spent around 5k in chronitons equipping everyone. I am not exaggerating when I say almost half of that went to farming 0* Science Experiments.
  • Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    eaxqri9a1x1a.png
  • Options
    took Dark Ages McCoy in 10k and pulled Professor Sato in 1st 40k and Adm. Riker in 2nd 40k. Plus 2 5* citations. I'm good. In VIP0 account took Grand Nagus Rom. Went for needs of COM and DIP. Coulda put 5th star on Kol, or took a few different ones like Resistance Neexlix or Janeway, or EV suit Seven.

l524yju4p9en.png
    edit: did another 10k pull
    think i'll take Data
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    This. Was. Tough.

ogwarf0b8nhm.png

I've wanted Earhart since she was released, but I'm starting to run low on space. Opted for her anyways because I know I would've regretted it.

On the plus side, the citation you got with the purchase can be used to FF Georgiou.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    This. Was. Tough.

ogwarf0b8nhm.png

I've wanted Earhart since she was released, but I'm starting to run low on space. Opted for her anyways because I know I would've regretted it.

Ya can't steal first base.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    This. Was. Tough.

ogwarf0b8nhm.png

Ya can't steal first base.

Unless the catcher drops the ball on the third strike. Rare, but possible.
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Proont wrote: »
    I bought the 10 with Citations plus the 1 without.

Fourth stars for Assimilated Janeway and Zhian'tara Odo.

First stars for Gunslinger Uhura, Goddess Troi, Sarah Sisko, Away Team Burnham, Navigator Stamets, Joachim, Okona, Species 8472, and Governor Worf.

I used Cites to Immortalize Admiral Maxwell, Torpedo McCoy, and Vampire Spock.

312k Honor left for tomorrow.

Day 2:
    First stars for Dancing Uhura, Replicant Boothby, and Satan's Robot.
    Second stars for Admiral Janeway, Augment Picard, and Boothby Replicant.
    Fifth star for High Roller Sisko.

35k Honor left.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Really tuff stuff in those 20 begolds so far (didn't use the 10k to save all my honor for the 40k + citation begolds). Highlights were the 3rd star for Captain Braxton, 3rd star for Nekkid Phlox, 4th star for Commander Kira Nerys, 4th star for Aviator Yar, Umbrella Phlox (new), 2nd star for Bridge Officer Number One, Data V (new), Mumbojumbo Picard (new yesterday, 2nd star today ... yes, somehow he never showed up in my mailbox ... good for next mega), 2nd star for Meowgment Picard (also good for next mega).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    So it seems that the honor sale today is the same as the past two days. I conclude the logical result will be the same specials for the rest of the time.

If that is the case, what is best with 40K honor left: 10K begold each day or 40K begold with citation?

The 10K honor each day guarantees more legendary crew, but there are space issues and I may get 4 crew I don't really need. The 40K pull guarantees a star for a crew I have.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it seems that the honor sale today is the same as the past two days. I conclude the logical result will be the same specials for the rest of the time.

If that is the case, what is best with 40K honor left: 10K begold each day or 40K begold with citation?

The 10K honor each day guarantees more legendary crew, but there are space issues and I may get 4 crew I don't really need. The 40K pull guarantees a star for a crew I have.

The 10k honor and 40k honor offers are the same but it looks to me like the option to buy honor with cash has disappeared. Adding a citation to today’s LTO is a nice touch, though the honor from those packs isn’t even close to what could be had from the other deal.
  • Options
    Makes me wonder why they have 24 hour timers if it's the same deal every day.
  • Options

Because u can buy a max of 10 or 1 every 24hs? ;)

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

Because u can buy a max of 10 or 1 every 24hs? ;)

This. They reset each day, so you can get more, if you have the Honour.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I would never do the straight begold because of the chance of crew I don't need. It's a nice bonus in the 40k citation offer. But I look at that as a discounted citation + a free begold, not buying a begold.

To use my recent purchases as an example. I got 9 begolds from my citations so far. Of those 9, 5 were crew I had and 4 were all new.

Of the 5 existing crew, 1 was a crew on the short list of being cited, 1 was a longer term possibility of being cited, and the other 3 I had been unlikely to use citations on.

Of the 4 new crew, only 1 was remotely exciting, and I'm unlikely to prioritize citing that crew either.

If I had spent 90k honor on 9 begolds and walked out with that vs 2 citations on crew I wanted, I would be disappointed.

Given that, I would never do the straight begolds. Too much of a risk of being disappointed.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Personally, I would never do the straight begold because of the chance of crew I don't need. It's a nice bonus in the 40k citation offer. But I look at that as a discounted citation + a free begold, not buying a begold.

To use my recent purchases as an example. I got 9 begolds from my citations so far. Of those 9, 5 were crew I had and 4 were all new.

Of the 5 existing crew, 1 was a crew on the short list of being cited, 1 was a longer term possibility of being cited, and the other 3 I had been unlikely to use citations on.

Of the 4 new crew, only 1 was remotely exciting, and I'm unlikely to prioritize citing that crew either.

If I had spent 90k honor on 9 begolds and walked out with that vs 2 citations on crew I wanted, I would be disappointed.

Given that, I would never do the straight begolds. Too much of a risk of being disappointed.

Yes. I couldn't agree more.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 3 10k pull

- Loque'eque Sato - 2nd star: over Killy (1/5) and Solar Sails Sisko (1/5) ... yeah, call me silly for my choice etc. passed on two clearly better crew, but hey, I have a soft spot for that card :)

Overall, I'm loving the fact that I'm able to add stars, no matter the crew.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

Yes. I couldn't agree more.

I concur. If you have 40 K Honour, take the one with the Citation for sure. It really is like a 10 K discount on a Citation, with a free BeGold.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    b7nrb2ly8250.png

Today’s pull. Took the Borg LaForge.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    I got a begold of Shinzon, professor Sato and some 2 skill vulcan. i went for the 10th star on Sato, immortalizing a 2nd copy.
  • Options
    02pc60zv6gyi.jpg

Today's 10k pull. Added a star to Burnham. And for me, this is why I'm still doing the 10k Begolds, I'm still new enough that the polls are worth it.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    For me I would like to have every legendary. I do not have the money to make that possible but this honor begold and citation help.

I figured with the repeat of honor offers the second day, I would be running out of honor. So I bought the 24.99 and 49.99 offer on both my accounts. Another reason that maybe a second account was not a good idea, however, I have stopped buying packs on the second. But I buy offers on it that include more than packs at a good price, like today's offer. So there goes two $24.99 on both accounts. I might have to resist some of the good offers down the road, though, at least on the second account.

Edit: I should have mentioned I am not concerned about immortalizing all legendaries. I will usually pick crew that I do not have in a begold, unless the crew is a two stat'er and a bad one on top of it. But, I still might pick them if my other choices will immortalize the crew or if the other crew are not that good.

I always get a kick out of people who think that you have to immortalize all the good crew. That only helps people who every month make a run at the top 25. As it is I can make a run at the top 25 every two and a half months if I so chose. But I am happy with constantly making the top 1500.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know there are over 360 legendaries and growing right? If you keep picking up 1/5 you will run out of crew slots.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivlain wrote: »
    I got a begold of Shinzon, professor Sato and some 2 skill vulcan. i went for the 10th star on Sato, immortalizing a 2nd copy.

He he, when I first read this I thought you said you had two immortalized Shinzons. I was like, yikes. But now I see you said Sato which is good cause he is awesome.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I opted for the 10K special. I figure it gives the potential for better results. I just got a third star for the Professor.