Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Game's Afoot (flashbackrunish) - 01/30

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in The Bridge
Event Name: The Game's Afoot
Event Type: Expedition Event
Event Crew: The Professor 5* (Existing), Detective Data 5* (Existing), and Doctor La Forge 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 01/30 until Monday 02/03 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Twilight T'Pol (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 02/06.

Event Factions:
n/a

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of Data, and La Forge

PS: I know this is an old event - and I am currently waiting to confirm how the tickets will work.
I will update you once I know more.

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for the PS clarification Shan!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Shan, a couple questions.

Detective Data is a 5*. Is there a second 4* in this event?
    Expedition rules changed between this event and the last expedition event. Which rules will be used here?
  • Options
    [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Detective Data is a 5*, not a 4*. So who will be the ranked 4* and the threshold 4*?
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna be that guy: Detective Data is a 5*, not a 4*...or does this mean we can potentially get 4 copies of him?!
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    5*: Twilight T'Pol (Existing)

There is no Existing crew with this name. So is it Alternate Future or New?
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

As Alternate Future has never been in an event nor is she from "Twilight," not to mention I don't imagine DB will suddenly start using old legendaries in new events, I think it's safe to assume she's new.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I corrected the rarity for Detective Data.
    @AviTrek as I said in the PS I will confirm how the tickets will work once I know.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

T'Pol from the episode where Archer could not remember new things. New Crew. Existing is a typo.....

The Event Type That Shall Not be Named returns......

🖖👍🍻👍🖖
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    So, this is Resigned Captain T'Pol?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is the T’Pol at the human settlement where less than 6000 humans survived the Xindi attack. She was pretty much Archers caretaker
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Very disappointing. Are we not getting a Picard Mega? We have so many T’pol already.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    So, this is Resigned Captain T'Pol?

it's t'pol from the enterprise episode twilight. it's an alternate future version of her. google or watch the episode if you want to see what she looks like but she's wearing a red dress.
    F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!
  • Options
    @Shan , you only have one 4* crew in the rewards. are the threshold rewards unchanged from the original run where the super rare crew in threshold and rank rewards are the same?
    F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Very disappointing. Are we not getting a Picard Mega?

February 2020 has four Thursdays, so a Picard Mega-Event is not off the table yet. In addition, a Mega is usually preceded by a sequel, either flashback or re-run. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options

February 2020 has four Thursdays, so a Picard Mega-Event is not off the table yet. 🖖

A watered down one though if any and one where I guess they are going to say Picard is senile so he needs Twilight T’pol.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    I corrected the rarity for Detective Data.
    @AviTrek as I said in the PS I will confirm how the tickets will work once I know.

Could you also please tell us how the ranked reward structure is going to work? You only mentioned one super rare crew.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh....that is not quite the 5* ranked reward I was expecting. Since there is a nearly non-existent chance of an ENT mega and a larger but low chance of some other kind of non-STP theme, I am curious to see how they work T’Pol into the story.
  • Options
    Important as well, how will the bonus VP nodes work, crit wise?

Before they changed it, RNG was involved and you often needed some tries/runs to clear the node(s).
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

February 2020 has four Thursdays, so a Picard Mega-Event is not off the table yet. 🖖

A watered down one though if any and one where I guess they are going to say Picard is senile so he needs Twilight T’pol.

We don't know what a "Picard mega" means. It could be a mega of retired crew. That would include a new Picard and a new Seven. This tpol would fit too.

I don't think we could have expected a mega just of Picards. And a mega of only new crew from the Picard show would be seriously limited in bonus crew, especially at the start.

I certainly get they might have to put in crew from other shows since Picard is new but every legendary in a Picard mega that is not from Picard makes the mega worse and worse to me if this is indeed going to be at least partially a Picard mega. Off topic legendaries in show megas stink as they cannot be used in future megas for that show.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    If Peregrine's four Thursdays theory isn't correct and Twilight T'Pol is indeed a Mega crew, I suspect this might be a Romantic one to coincide with Valentine's Day instead of an Enterprise one.

I've noticed a sudden glut of Romantic-themed crew in the last few months, with thirteen new crew featuring the trait released since last October. Some (Christine Chapel, Laborer Kirk, etc.) came from other events but most (Lenara Kahn, Arandis, Talas, etc.) came from Tuesday packs or through other means.

The most conspicuous Romantic additions were 3* Stranded Craft in October, 2* Betrothed Kamala in November, and 3* Tourist Worf in January. Past Mega events have favored traits and themes that have some representation from 1* to 5*, so adding these crew might have been a conscious effort to lay the groundwork for a Romantic Mega months in advance. Remember when they added Prisoner/Interrogator to a bunch of crew before that Mega and Q Continuum on the eve of that one?

Maybe it's all just a coincidence, but it'd be a hell of a coincidence.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another question ...

Will Data Q 4* be considered a Data variant?

I'm not very familiar with Star Trek lore so don't really know what's going on ... I mean it looks like Q with Data make-up ...
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Another question ...

I'm not very familiar with Star Trek lore so don't really know what's going on ... I mean it looks like Q with Data make-up ...

data q counts as a data and a q
    F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Another question ...

Data Q counts as both Q and Data. I remember it being answered when he was released. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    For the rewards you will have to wait until the event is announced.

Thanks for bringing up the VP nodes as well, I will inquire.

So, you have confirmed that laforge is the only 4* crew for this event? i'm asking so i can get bonus crew ready in advance of the event
    F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!