Home The Bridge
Options

STT 4 Years on and still no (your missing what) here...

Comments

• Options
    Along the lines of pvp arena, we don't have pvp Gauntlet!

We don't have Xindi Faction, or Andorian Faction, or Tellarite Faction (or ANY Tellarite crew for that matter)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    STT 4 Years on and still no Tribbles here ...

If we can have Mother Hortas I think we need Tribbles also! It's only fair!
    I heard that when STT started they did give Tribbles to all the Beta-testers. :)
    My suggestions:

TRIBBLE ****

SKILLS:
    SEC/SCI/DIP
    1500/900/1200

TRAITS:
    Civilian*
    Historic
    Musician
    Romantic*
    Survivalist
    Evolved*

(New traits that could be considered)
    Furry
    Breeder*
    Lovable
    Cuddler
    Hungry*

SHIP ABILITY:
    Attack
    BONUS ABILITY:
    Immediately deals 800% Damage to all Klingon Vessels

*my favorites
    Not serious ... all TIC (tongue-in-cheek)
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    since someone already said the Excelsior, i'll go with this guy instead

latest?cb=20141124103450

maybe with low ship battle stats but some sort of antimatter bonus on SCI voyages?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    vickyjona wrote: »
    I wish you could see at which hour a dilemma is available before you resolve it.

I don't understand this.
    I think this might be useful during an overnight voyage and you forget how many hours your voyage has been underway. Especially if it’s close to the daily reset and you only realize after resolving the dilemma that you won’t make it to the next one which would have counted as one of the daily tasks. You then have to wait until the recall timer runs out and start a new voyage which may well be hours later.

The Timer in the upper corner shows how far in you are. For the "Can I make the next Dilemma?" problem, use the Formula.

Remaining Anti-Matter divided by 22 equals time you can go in minutes {minimum} before you run out, even if every Hazard fails.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Also there is no 5* maquis ship for voyages. Remove the trait or give us a 5* ship.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only PVP ship battles, but PVP anything... we could figure out a way to have PVP away missions or shuttles where traits become a huge sway in the wins/losses

Anyway, PVP is needed to add some life to the game
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I ask for a good Shelby?
  • Options

LOL We'll get Tribbles before we get a 'good' Shelby! :p
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    I wish you could see at which hour a dilemma is available before you resolve it.

I don't understand this.
    I think this might be useful during an overnight voyage and you forget how many hours your voyage has been underway. Especially if it’s close to the daily reset and you only realize after resolving the dilemma that you won’t make it to the next one which would have counted as one of the daily tasks. You then have to wait until the recall timer runs out and start a new voyage which may well be hours later.

The Timer in the upper corner shows how far in you are. For the "Can I make the next Dilemma?" problem, use the Formula.

Remaining Anti-Matter divided by 22 equals time you can go in minutes {minimum} before you run out, even if every Hazard fails.

Thanks, but I mean this screen, how you can tell at which hour dilemma you are in case you forget overnight? All it says is “Dilemma available“. If it’s the eight hour dilemma you have to babysit it just as @AviTrek posted.
    et0ahyjg8o5c.png
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand this.

Thanks, but I mean this screen, how you can tell at which hour dilemma you are in case you forget overnight? All it says is “Dilemma available“. If it’s the eight hour dilemma you have to babysit it just as @AviTrek posted.
    et0ahyjg8o5c.png

If you click on it, you can see. You do not have to solve it right then.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I don't understand this.

You get a dilemma, you're about to go to bed. You don't remember if it's the 8 hour dilemma or not. If it's 8 hour, you want to wait until the morning before resolving the dilemma so you'll be awake when it runs out of AM. If it's an earlier dilemma you can resolve the dilemma now and know that you will make it to the next dilemma in the morning.

If you get the 8 hour dilemma, and you know the voyage won't last until ten hours, then the best thing to do is resolve the dilemma and hit recall before going to bed, let the ship travel home overnight. Launch a set of shuttles as well.

Then in the morning, the voyage will be back, as will the shuttles. You can relaunch the voyage, giving it a 3+ hour starting advantage. You should be able to fit the first two dilemmas in the first four hours, when you would have otherwise have been watching the AM tick down, and waiting for the ship to get back.

Getting to the four hour mark, four hours earlier, should make up for the hazards you will lose between 8 and 10 hours.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    STT 4 Years on and still no Tribbles here ...

If we can have Mother Hortas I think we need Tribbles also! It's only fair!
    I heard that when STT started they did give Tribbles to all the Beta-testers. :)
    My suggestions:

TRIBBLE ****

SKILLS:
    SEC/SCI/DIP
    1500/900/1200

TRAITS:
    Civilian*
    Historic
    Musician
    Romantic*
    Survivalist
    Evolved*

(New traits that could be considered)
    Furry
    Breeder*
    Lovable
    Cuddler
    Hungry*

SHIP ABILITY:
    Attack
    BONUS ABILITY:
    Immediately deals 800% Damage to all Klingon Vessels

*my favorites
    Not serious ... all TIC (tongue-in-cheek)

For traits, you forgot "delicious"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like this? :D

s5w01whdzdh0.jpg

HA!!! That would certainly qualify!

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand this.

You get a dilemma, you're about to go to bed. You don't remember if it's the 8 hour dilemma or not. If it's 8 hour, you want to wait until the morning before resolving the dilemma so you'll be awake when it runs out of AM. If it's an earlier dilemma you can resolve the dilemma now and know that you will make it to the next dilemma in the morning.

Resolve the dilemma anyway, then decide if you want to try for the next one (understanding you might need to burn a revive token) or recall immediately and be able to send a new voyage first thing in the morning. I do it every day and don’t find it hard in the slightest.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    since someone already said the Excelsior, i'll go with this guy instead

latest?cb=20141124103450

maybe with low ship battle stats but some sort of antimatter bonus on SCI voyages?

The Grissom would be a great scout to add to the lineup (since I hate the Federation Fighter).
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand this.

If you get the 8 hour dilemma, and you know the voyage won't last until ten hours, then the best thing to do is resolve the dilemma and hit recall before going to bed, let the ship travel home overnight. Launch a set of shuttles as well.

Then in the morning, the voyage will be back, as will the shuttles. You can relaunch the voyage, giving it a 3+ hour starting advantage. You should be able to fit the first two dilemmas in the first four hours, when you would have otherwise have been watching the AM tick down, and waiting for the ship to get back.

Getting to the four hour mark, four hours earlier, should make up for the hazards you will lose between 8 and 10 hours.

It wasn't that I didn't understand why you wanted it, it's that I don't understand what it is you want. Dilemmas are every other hour, so there's nothing to guess about. I don't understand what change in mechanics you're requesting. What 3+ hour starting advantage is there? Advantage over what? Your game will reach the four hour dilemma two hours after you complete the two hour dilemma. Just because you don't respond to it at that time has nothing to do with reaching it on time.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand this.

It wasn't that I didn't understand why you wanted it, it's that I don't understand what it is you want. Dilemmas are every other hour, so there's nothing to guess about. I don't understand what change in mechanics you're requesting. What 3+ hour starting advantage is there? Advantage over what? Your game will reach the four hour dilemma two hours after you complete the two hour dilemma. Just because you don't respond to it at that time has nothing to do with reaching it on time.

The point is if you think your voyage might die between two dilemmas you may want to wait until you know you'll be around for 2 hours to play the dilemma to be sure you can recall it.

But when you're presented with the dilemma you can't see if the voyage is at 4 hours or 8 hours. If it's at 4 hours you can play the dilemma and worry about the next dilemma in 2 hours, or whenever you're next able to check. If you're at 8 hours you may want to wait and only resolve the dilemma when you know you'll have the 2 hours to babysit it. But until you resolve the dilemma you don't know if you're at 4 or 8.
  • Options

I don't understand this.

The point is if you think your voyage might die between two dilemmas you may want to wait until you know you'll be around for 2 hours to play the dilemma to be sure you can recall it.

But when you're presented with the dilemma you can't see if the voyage is at 4 hours or 8 hours. If it's at 4 hours you can play the dilemma and worry about the next dilemma in 2 hours, or whenever you're next able to check. If you're at 8 hours you may want to wait and only resolve the dilemma when you know you'll have the 2 hours to babysit it. But until you resolve the dilemma you don't know if you're at 4 or 8.

So this is for people who don't remember how many dilemmas they're up to. Got it. Though if you can tell you're not gonna reach the next dilemma, I don't see what difference it makes which one it is and why you wouldn't just recall after clearing what you know will be the last one.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand this.

So this is for people who don't remember how many dilemmas they're up to. Got it. Though if you can tell you're not gonna reach the next dilemma, I don't see what difference it makes which one it is and why you wouldn't just recall after clearing what you know will be the last one.

Maybe it's 8 and you don't know if you'll hit 10 or die at 9. Maybe you have a meeting at work and you can't be on your phone between 9 and 10. But if you wait an hour You can then be on your phone when it may die.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Scott is correct. This whole conversation is weird. As soon as you click/tap on the Voyage icon, it immediately shows you the time of the Voyage, then the Dilemma pops up right away. If you blinked and missed it, you can always just exit out and open it again.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Scott is correct. This whole conversation is weird. As soon as you click/tap on the Voyage icon, it immediately shows you the time of the Voyage, then the Dilemma pops up right away. If you blinked and missed it, you can always just exit out and open it again.

...and voyages have not been in STT for 4 years....so umm...
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options

I don't understand this.

Maybe it's 8 and you don't know if you'll hit 10 or die at 9. Maybe you have a meeting at work and you can't be on your phone between 9 and 10. But if you wait an hour You can then be on your phone when it may die.

Whatever dilemma you're up to, you've reached it by having some Antimatter remaining. You can recall as soon as you resolve the dilemma. Why does it matter which dilemma it is? Your example situation is just the matter of deciding when to recall. It sounds like what you really want is to know when it's not safe to keep going. Knowing what dilemma you're up to doesn't answer that question.
  • Options
    still no proper galaxy map!
    i want to see the delta quadrant! rura penthe! put the planets in their proper places, no hirogen in the alpha quadrant etc. add in some easter eggs, cmon DB, it’d be fun :wink:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    still no proper galaxy map!
    i want to see the delta quadrant! rura penthe! put the planets in their proper places, no hirogen in the alpha quadrant etc. add in some easter eggs, cmon DB, it’d be fun :wink:

Yeah! 😈

79hwbcuc0d1l.jpeg

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand this.

Whatever dilemma you're up to, you've reached it by having some Antimatter remaining. You can recall as soon as you resolve the dilemma. Why does it matter which dilemma it is? Your example situation is just the matter of deciding when to recall. It sounds like what you really want is to know when it's not safe to keep going. Knowing what dilemma you're up to doesn't answer that question.

Of course I can recall. But I don't want to recall immediately. I'm trying to understand why this is so complicated for people to understand.

Let's take an example. All my voyages last at least 8 hours. Based on the stats I selected, I expect my current voyage to last somewhere between 9:30 and 10:30. Depending on RNG and what skills are selected, I don't know exactly how long this voyage will last.

It's currently 2PM. At 2:30 I have a 2 hour meeting at work. Several important people will be in that meeting. I can't be taking out my phone in the middle of the meeting to check on my voyage.

I have a dilemma come up, but I forget which dilemma it is. If it's the 6 hour dilemma I can resolve the dilemma. I am 100% confident my voyage will last until 8 hours and then I can look at the next dilemma after my meeting.

If it's the 8 hour dilemma I have a problem. At 8:30 I will go into that meeting. Sure I could recall at 8:30, but I am potentially wasting 2 hours of voyage time dropping 4* crew and honor. I'm also potentially missing the 10 hour dilemma and what it could drop.

If I know it's the 8 hour dilemma, what I'm more likely to do is wait, not resolve the dilemma, and then after my meeting resolve the dilemma because I can then sit and watch my voyage for 2 hours to recall if needed.

But I don't know if I'm at the 6 or 8 hour dilemma. So now I have to be conservative and wait until after my meeting before playing, even if I'm only at 6 hours.

Yes, I could be aggressive and risk my voyage making it to 10 hours. But I save my voyage tokens for a long voyage. I don't want to use them to revive a voyage that didn't make it to 10 hours.

Is this really that complicated to understand?
  • Options
    .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    -An indicator in the cryo vault of how many duplicates you have.

-An increase in VIP.

-Ability to Gift or trade off crew to your friends or fleet.

These should be no brainers.
  • Options

I don't understand this.

Of course I can recall. But I don't want to recall immediately. I'm trying to understand why this is so complicated for people to understand.

Let's take an example. All my voyages last at least 8 hours. Based on the stats I selected, I expect my current voyage to last somewhere between 9:30 and 10:30. Depending on RNG and what skills are selected, I don't know exactly how long this voyage will last.

It's currently 2PM. At 2:30 I have a 2 hour meeting at work. Several important people will be in that meeting. I can't be taking out my phone in the middle of the meeting to check on my voyage.

I have a dilemma come up, but I forget which dilemma it is. If it's the 6 hour dilemma I can resolve the dilemma. I am 100% confident my voyage will last until 8 hours and then I can look at the next dilemma after my meeting.

If it's the 8 hour dilemma I have a problem. At 8:30 I will go into that meeting. Sure I could recall at 8:30, but I am potentially wasting 2 hours of voyage time dropping 4* crew and honor. I'm also potentially missing the 10 hour dilemma and what it could drop.

If I know it's the 8 hour dilemma, what I'm more likely to do is wait, not resolve the dilemma, and then after my meeting resolve the dilemma because I can then sit and watch my voyage for 2 hours to recall if needed.

But I don't know if I'm at the 6 or 8 hour dilemma. So now I have to be conservative and wait until after my meeting before playing, even if I'm only at 6 hours.

Yes, I could be aggressive and risk my voyage making it to 10 hours. But I save my voyage tokens for a long voyage. I don't want to use them to revive a voyage that didn't make it to 10 hours.

open the voyage screen - you see your voyage timer before the dilemma pops up - just go back, if you don't want to resolve the dilemma now.
  • Options

I don't understand this.

Yeah, you don't want your Voyage to crash. I got it. None of us do. But in the immortal words of Don Schlitz:

♪You got to know when to hold 'em
    Know when to fold 'em
    Know when to walk away
    And know when to run♪

I'll never understand the compulsion to run a Voyage past Dilemma X knowing you won't reach Dilemma Y. The time to run is when you've finished Dilemma X and know you won't reach Dilemma Y. If you open your game between meetings long enough to resolve a Dilemma, you've got enough time to recall and avoid the crash. What about that extra thirty minutes is so enticing? Just recall and be done with it. "One in the hand is worth two in the bush," y'know? Don't think of it as leaving goodies on the table or being cheated out of something. Think of it as having the discipline not to take the bait.

Besides, just knowing which dilemma you're up to isn't going to be nearly as helpful as knowing your remaining Antimatter before resolving it. If you're gonna ask for some inside information to help decide when to walk away, that seems to me what you'd benefit from knowing.