Home The Bridge
Options

STT 4 Years on and still no (your missing what) here...

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me that most of this back and forth is unnecessary. We all know how to make the most of the current situation. But the idea of a number showing which dilemma you are on is a good one since it could help from time to time and would never hurt.

Before we tare down or dismiss what others would like, let us judge if it would hurt anything. Let's face it: most of the ideas on here are unimportant and can be done without. That doesn't mean they should be belittled.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to attempt to rapidly change the topic from this useless back and forth and pitch the first ridiculous idea that comes into my head.... ummm..... custom skins and paint jobs for our ships!?!?
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    I'm going to attempt to rapidly change the topic from this useless back and forth and pitch the first ridiculous idea that comes into my head.... ummm..... custom skins and paint jobs for our ships!?!?

I like it. That would make some ships actually have value.

Not to diminish your idea, but may I add to it? For me, personally, I would first like the ability to permenently rename my ships. I can name it for a voyage, but it never keeps the name. I would love to not have to change it every time.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    vickyjona wrote: »
    I wish you could see at which hour a dilemma is available before you resolve it.

I don't understand this.

You get a dilemma, you're about to go to bed. You don't remember if it's the 8 hour dilemma or not. If it's 8 hour, you want to wait until the morning before resolving the dilemma so you'll be awake when it runs out of AM. If it's an earlier dilemma you can resolve the dilemma now and know that you will make it to the next dilemma in the morning.

If you get the 8 hour dilemma, and you know the voyage won't last until ten hours, then the best thing to do is resolve the dilemma and hit recall before going to bed, let the ship travel home overnight. Launch a set of shuttles as well.

Then in the morning, the voyage will be back, as will the shuttles. You can relaunch the voyage, giving it a 3+ hour starting advantage. You should be able to fit the first two dilemmas in the first four hours, when you would have otherwise have been watching the AM tick down, and waiting for the ship to get back.

Getting to the four hour mark, four hours earlier, should make up for the hazards you will lose between 8 and 10 hours.

It wasn't that I didn't understand why you wanted it, it's that I don't understand what it is you want. Dilemmas are every other hour, so there's nothing to guess about. I don't understand what change in mechanics you're requesting. What 3+ hour starting advantage is there? Advantage over what? Your game will reach the four hour dilemma two hours after you complete the two hour dilemma. Just because you don't respond to it at that time has nothing to do with reaching it on time.

The point is if you think your voyage might die between two dilemmas you may want to wait until you know you'll be around for 2 hours to play the dilemma to be sure you can recall it.

But when you're presented with the dilemma you can't see if the voyage is at 4 hours or 8 hours. If it's at 4 hours you can play the dilemma and worry about the next dilemma in 2 hours, or whenever you're next able to check. If you're at 8 hours you may want to wait and only resolve the dilemma when you know you'll have the 2 hours to babysit it. But until you resolve the dilemma you don't know if you're at 4 or 8.

So this is for people who don't remember how many dilemmas they're up to. Got it. Though if you can tell you're not gonna reach the next dilemma, I don't see what difference it makes which one it is and why you wouldn't just recall after clearing what you know will be the last one.

Maybe it's 8 and you don't know if you'll hit 10 or die at 9. Maybe you have a meeting at work and you can't be on your phone between 9 and 10. But if you wait an hour You can then be on your phone when it may die.

Whatever dilemma you're up to, you've reached it by having some Antimatter remaining. You can recall as soon as you resolve the dilemma. Why does it matter which dilemma it is? Your example situation is just the matter of deciding when to recall. It sounds like what you really want is to know when it's not safe to keep going. Knowing what dilemma you're up to doesn't answer that question.

Of course I can recall. But I don't want to recall immediately. I'm trying to understand why this is so complicated for people to understand.

Let's take an example. All my voyages last at least 8 hours. Based on the stats I selected, I expect my current voyage to last somewhere between 9:30 and 10:30. Depending on RNG and what skills are selected, I don't know exactly how long this voyage will last.

It's currently 2PM. At 2:30 I have a 2 hour meeting at work. Several important people will be in that meeting. I can't be taking out my phone in the middle of the meeting to check on my voyage.

I have a dilemma come up, but I forget which dilemma it is. If it's the 6 hour dilemma I can resolve the dilemma. I am 100% confident my voyage will last until 8 hours and then I can look at the next dilemma after my meeting.

If it's the 8 hour dilemma I have a problem. At 8:30 I will go into that meeting. Sure I could recall at 8:30, but I am potentially wasting 2 hours of voyage time dropping 4* crew and honor. I'm also potentially missing the 10 hour dilemma and what it could drop.

If I know it's the 8 hour dilemma, what I'm more likely to do is wait, not resolve the dilemma, and then after my meeting resolve the dilemma because I can then sit and watch my voyage for 2 hours to recall if needed.

But I don't know if I'm at the 6 or 8 hour dilemma. So now I have to be conservative and wait until after my meeting before playing, even if I'm only at 6 hours.

Yes, I could be aggressive and risk my voyage making it to 10 hours. But I save my voyage tokens for a long voyage. I don't want to use them to revive a voyage that didn't make it to 10 hours.

Is this really that complicated to understand?

I'll never understand the compulsion to run a Voyage past Dilemma X knowing you won't reach Dilemma Y. The time to run is when you've finished Dilemma X and know you won't reach Dilemma Y. If you open your game between meetings long enough to resolve a Dilemma, you've got enough time to recall and avoid the crash. What about that extra thirty minutes is so enticing? Just recall and be done with it. "One in the hand is worth two in the bush," y'know? Don't think of it as leaving goodies on the table or being cheated out of something. Think of it as having the discipline not to take the bait.

Have you hit 10 hours on a voyage? Do you know when you'll reach 10? It takes 2640 AM to know you'll reach the next dilemma. You're probably below 2640 by 4 hours. Do you recall every voyage at 4 hours because you don't "know" that you'll reach 6?

When you first started to increase your voyage length you hit a point where you knew you would hit 6. Then you slowly improved until you hit 8, and eventually learned from experience that you would always hit 8. But if you always recalled at 6 because you didn't know if you would hit 8, then you would never learn that you can always hit 8.

Growing from 8 to 10 is the same thing. I always hit 8. I can hit 10. But I don't know if I will hit 10. My AM will never be 2640 at 8 hours. So I need to start 8 knowing I will watch and see how it will perform. If I blindly recall at 8 then I'll never learn how close to 10 I am and that I can make it.

My goal for the game right now is to get to the point where I know I'll always hit 10 hours. Then I'll be happy to recall knowing hitting 12 is impossible. But if I'm not willing to run from 8 to 10 because I might fail, then I'll never learn when I will succeed.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    -An indicator in the cryo vault of how many duplicates you have.

-An increase in VIP.

-Ability to Gift or trade off crew to your friends or fleet.

These should be no brainers.

So much this.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I wish you could see at which hour a dilemma is available before you resolve it.

I don't understand this.
    I think this might be useful during an overnight voyage and you forget how many hours your voyage has been underway. Especially if it’s close to the daily reset and you only realize after resolving the dilemma that you won’t make it to the next one which would have counted as one of the daily tasks. You then have to wait until the recall timer runs out and start a new voyage which may well be hours later.

The Timer in the upper corner shows how far in you are. For the "Can I make the next Dilemma?" problem, use the Formula.

Remaining Anti-Matter divided by 22 equals time you can go in minutes {minimum} before you run out, even if every Hazard fails.

Thanks, but I mean this screen, how you can tell at which hour dilemma you are in case you forget overnight? All it says is “Dilemma available“. If it’s the eight hour dilemma you have to babysit it just as @AviTrek posted.
    et0ahyjg8o5c.png

A good QoL thing WOULD be to be able to see from that Screen both the timer and the remaining AM {as an actual NUMBER}. Without having to click into the Voyage itself. And it would resolve both issues that have been brought up.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AviTrek, I've given it some further thought and I now support your request for the game to tell us which number dilemma we're up to. I'm still fuzzy on the significance of what you've lobbied for, but I just realized another reason it would be helpful: Voyage exclusive 4* pathways.

I'm down to just chasing "A Higher Duty" for Ensign Picard now, but this would tell when when making my choice in Part 1 whether it's early enough to try my luck or if it's too late to bother. I'll take the Voyage exclusive path if the first part is the 2h, 4h, or even the 6h dilemma. It's possible I could get a ridiculous bit of luck and have the subsequent parts at 8h and 10h. If Part 1 turns up at 8h, though, I go with Choice C to ensure Part 2 isn't my 10h dilemma, taunting me to extend and burn through the tokens I'm still replenishing.

When I was still chasing the crew who only dropped from 2-parters, I'd always pick the choice for their paths. And I always pick Choice A in "The Beginning of the End of the World" because I can't close off getting "The Voice of the Prophets" later and I may as well take the 200 Honor instead of risking 600 more I.S.S. Enterprise schematics I don't need.
  • Options
    4 years and still no free dilithium every day for players named Apollo. I hope DB addresses this problem soon. :p

That's my middle name! (The "s" is silent.)
  • Options
    Proper inventory management.
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    No husnock ship in arena
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Posted in the wrong thread.... This expedition event has turned my brain to mush. On carry, uh I mean carry in, no no no carry on!!!!
  • Options

-An increase in VIP.

Wait, we can freeze multiple copies of a FFFE crew?
  • Options

-An increase in VIP.

Wait, we can freeze multiple copies of a FFFE crew?

Indeed. I have 5 4* crew intentionally doubled. I have 3 other crew that are doubled, but I have no idea who they are. Some people immortalize 1* crew regularly for the achievement dilithium. Also, if you freeze multiple copies, you can retrieve them at will.
  • Options
    Indeed. I have 5 4* crew intentionally doubled. I have 3 other crew that are doubled, but I have no idea who they are. Some people immortalize 1* crew regularly for the achievement dilithium. Also, if you freeze multiple copies, you can retrieve them at will.

Wow, this is a game-changer for me. I can't believe I've been chucking away the occasional duplicate 5* this whole time.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, this is a game-changer for me. I can't believe I've been chucking away the occasional duplicate 5* this whole time.

Not every crew is worth duplicating, of course, so it really depends on which 5*s you’ve shown the door. Equally popular are strong 4*s for event usage, like Robin Hood, various Burnhams, and Mintakan Troi.
  • Options
    4 years in and no ship collections still? no fleet rewards for event ranking, better squad rewards at least? and no gomtuu or tam elbrun?
  • Options

I was looking for another thread, and found the thread about this. I did not know until that thread that we could revive Dupes!!!!!

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15369/freezing-multiple-copies#latest
  • Options
    Em CamEm Cam ✭✭✭
    I'd take Sublieutenant Setal from TNG S3:E10 The Defector and his Romulan scoutship. Come to think of it, there's quite a few Romulans to begin with, not to mention one of the best developed alien species, the Cardassians.

But first, could we pretty please get even one specimen of the four founding Federation species still missing from the game? 4 years and still no single Tellarite in sight!
  • Options
    Em CamEm Cam ✭✭✭
    (Yes, yes, Sublieutenant Setal is really Jarok, but his Setal identity would make a nice new rare.)
  • Options
    Em Cam wrote: »
    I'd take Sublieutenant Setal from TNG S3:E10 The Defector and his Romulan scoutship. Come to think of it, there's quite a few Romulans to begin with, not to mention one of the best developed alien species, the Cardassians.

But first, could we pretty please get even one specimen of the four founding Federation species still missing from the game? 4 years and still no single Tellarite in sight!

+1000 to getting some Tellarites in the game. Ambassador Graal would be a great start.
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    How are we 4 years into this game and there is still only one Engineering Gauntlet crew worth anything? And the only way to get that crew is by winning in the Gauntlet?

+1. I think I get why DB is reluctant to release very many proficiency-heavy crew but ENG is a total joke right now. It’s hard to justify using any ENG-primary crew other than the Caretaker unless they have a 45% or 65% trait bonus because they will get dominated at 5% or even 25% by any of the widely-held crew from other skills as well as the Caretaker. La Borge is the only other one I really use and I don’t like doing it unless his critical chance is at least 45% because his one and only strength is ENG/COM...at 25%, he just doesn’t have the oomph to beat people with a single skill, ENG/SCI, or COM/SCI.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Renegade Captain Thomas Riker...

ow17mv87862c.gif
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Renegade Captain Thomas Riker...

ow17mv87862c.gif

And featured in a skirmish event with a 5* Marquis Defiant.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I am really missing is the Enterprise-B. I love the Tuesday scene.

As I have suggested before, replace the trainers in Tuesday cadet missions with schematics for the B. Make it a grind to get the ship to 10/10, a year or two. But as a bonus award all players (and all new players) 600 schematics to start with, e.g. in the mail, or for completing an Episode (distress calls?).

As a bonus, the same (or similar) art could be used for The Excelsior.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I am really missing is the Enterprise-B. I love the Tuesday scene.

As I have suggested before, replace the trainers in Tuesday cadet missions with schematics for the B. Make it a grind to get the ship to 10/10, a year or two. But as a bonus award all players (and all new players) 600 schematics to start with, e.g. in the mail, or for completing an Episode (distress calls?).

As a bonus, the same (or similar) art could be used for The Excelsior.

or make the B a reward for a Nexus collection with Harriman, Demora, Nexus Kirk, Nexus Guinan, Soran, and a new Medic Chekov :)