Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Beyond The Veil - ME#1 - 02/06

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    For the off-topic, to each their own of course, but I do not mind a show starting a bit slowly, it allows me to get more immersed in the plot.

Yes, episode 2 was very much about exposition, creating more mysteries etc. But as you said: It is fine really. Many movies and shows today are high speed brain out entertainment. I also welcome this change of pace...

My understanding is that the first episode had a lot of action. Like, the fight between the girl and the bikers on the rooftop lasted a really long time. So, slower exposition in episode two might be a good pacing idea, if that is correct.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    The thing I like about this mega is how they've structured the event types ...

It ends in week 4 with a Faction, which is great because you can fully use all the crew you've managed to earn during the previous 3 weeks.

Starts with a Skirmish to allow players to build up resources and for an easier time at levelling and equipping the new Mega 5* ... I find it rough going during Galaxy events.

The two galaxy based events allow us to at least get 2 new FF 4*s out of this event.

Excellent stuff ... now to just go look up who all the Astrophysicists are and start defrosting for week 2.

Awesome wasn't enough. +1 to all of this. I am quite happy for the same reasons.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    For the off-topic, to each their own of course, but I do not mind a show starting a bit slowly, it allows me to get more immersed in the plot.

Yes, episode 2 was very much about exposition, creating more mysteries etc. But as you said: It is fine really. Many movies and shows today are high speed brain out entertainment. I also welcome this change of pace...

My understanding is that the first episode had a lot of action. Like, the fight between the girl and the bikers on the rooftop lasted a really long time. So, slower exposition in episode two might be a good pacing idea, if that is correct.

Okay going off topic here too:

For me it wasn t the issue of less „action“. The hole episode just didn t feel as „smooth“ as episode 1. Can t put it in any better words, but for me it was only 5/10 , while episode 1 was 10/10, ranking wise(of course just by my own opinion).
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Annika Hansen Seven :oo:)B) Wow, you are starting the mega in the best way possible!!!

So, are we thinking little girl? Or Seven now, in Picard's present? Second one makes more sense, i guess. The seven year old would just be Annika Hansen, I suppose.

Absolutely agreed that Annika seven needs to be in the game but she won't be the 1st juvenile to feature. Anyone remember Q jr?
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it wasn t the issue of less „action“. The hole episode just didn t feel as „smooth“ as episode 1. Can t put it in any better words

I know what you mean, your words are fine. I liked the first episode better as well (all in all better composed imho). Although the confrontation of Picard and Clancy was awesome. I also feel the best is yet to come when Picard has assembled his crew and is in space again.

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    @Shan
    Is there anyway you could start a 'sticky' thread just for the names and *ratings for new crew as they are added?? :o Right now we have to look here and there, hither and yon for the additions. It would be useful in trying to keep our own personal spreadsheets up to date.

(sorry for 'piggy-backing' on this thread but I still can't start a thread of my own .... )

You should be able to start your own thread, please contact me by PM to explain to me why you think that you can't.

As for another sticky thread, no - I understand what you mean and why that would be helpful, but it is something else I would need to maintain and I do not have the bandwidth for.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there anyway you could start a 'sticky' thread just for the names and *ratings for new crew as they are added?? :o Right now we have to look here and there, hither and yon for the additions. It would be useful in trying to keep our own personal spreadsheets up to date.

Cutty, let me introduce you to the STT wiki. Cutty, wiki. Wiki, Cutty.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Main_Page

k3b9tfuhs171.gif

Also good for crew info:
    http://ssr.izausomecreations.com/crewcost.html

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

As for another sticky thread, no - I understand what you mean and why that would be helpful, but it is something else I would need to maintain and I do not have the bandwidth for.

Thanks anyways for giving it a thought. :smiley:

@Data1001
    I think you missed the whole point ... I'm pretty sure the Wiki (which I actually use) doesn't have a category of "newly created crew". LOL :o (they don't even have "Astrophysicist" listed as a trait on that main section when I looked this morning) https://stt.wiki/wiki/Traits
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

@Data1001
    I think you missed the whole point ... I'm pretty sure the Wiki (which I actually use) doesn't have a category of "newly created crew". LOL :o (they don't even have "Astrophysicist" listed as a trait on that main section when I looked this morning) https://stt.wiki/wiki/Traits

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Traits

look under A

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Astrophysicist
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

@Data1001

Let me introduce you to the search bar on the wiki.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Astrophysicist
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crew search on the wiki was nice before, and now it is cumbersome and requires lots of clicking. It might be fantastic on a computer, but it is annoying on a phone. Still has good info, just hart to access.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the Wiki (which I actually use) doesn't have a category of "newly created crew".

So, I was assuming (possibly incorrectly), because you stated that you wanted that info for your "own personal spreadsheet", that these were going to be crew you already had in your roster, and therefore wanted the info for them so you could update your own info. In which case, searching them on the wiki (or the Crew Cost Finder) would provide you with all the data you could want.

But if that's not the case, and you just want to be able to find the all of newest crew and their stats, in order of their introduction to the game, a fairly simple solution is to just go directly to this subforum:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/categories/starfleet-communications

From there, it's merely a matter of opening up the threads labeled either "Event Notes" or "New Crew".

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annika Hansen Seven :oo:)B) Wow, you are starting the mega in the best way possible!!!

So, are we thinking little girl? Or Seven now, in Picard's present? Second one makes more sense, i guess. The seven year old would just be Annika Hansen, I suppose.

Jumping in a bit late here, but Shan’s note that this mega isn’t explicitly based on STP tells me that we’re getting Unimatrx Zero Seven. Which I am fine with, because that means Spray ‘n’ Pray Seven will be in a future event. :)
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Jumping in a bit late here, but Shan’s note that this mega isn’t explicitly based on STP tells me that we’re getting Unimatrx Zero Seven. Which I am fine with, because that means Spray ‘n’ Pray Seven will be in a future event. :)

The Picard characters will be added in but the storyline will be original from DB is what Shan I believe is saying. The Picard series only has had two episodes so cannot say what will happen but I hope it picks up. I do not want to give away spoilers so I will leave my commentary general with a spoiler tag.
    I guess my disappointment with the second episode is that the first episode introduced lots of cool mysteries and then in the second episode they seemed to just tell the answers to most of the mysteries in the space of a few minutes instead of slowly revealing them throughout the season. I also felt Picard should be doing more to help and find the mysteries but was mainly just sitting at home drinking earl grey tea and talking to people.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    @Cuttysark it's not exactly what you're looking for, but if you scroll down in the STT Level 100 Spreadsheet (you can find it in the first post of this thread: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4834/assistance-for-players-spreadsheets-help-sites-lists#latest ) you will see a list of newly added crew that should include everyone added from November 2018 to now.
  • Options
    @Cuttysark it's not exactly what you're looking for, but if you scroll down in the STT Level 100 Spreadsheet (you can find it in the first post of this thread: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4834/assistance-for-players-spreadsheets-help-sites-lists#latest ) you will see a list of newly added crew that should include everyone added from November 2018 to now.

Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    syipelyga5xa.jpeg

Dr. Paul Stubbs played by the wonderful actor Ken Jenkins. But he is funniest in Scrubs so I shall put a couple of his sayings from that show here.

c3uejnimr0t0.png

7hhwwh85ehv7.png

9f1mzsklqav0.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    syipelyga5xa.jpeg

Dr. Paul Stubbs played by the wonderful actor Ken Jenkins. But he is funniest in Scrubs so I shall put a couple of his sayings from that show here.

c3uejnimr0t0.png

7hhwwh85ehv7.png

9f1mzsklqav0.gif

He was awesome on Scrubs! That was a great show! I’m pretty sure he’s not him, but he reminds me of Nathan Arizona from Raising Arizona

• Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Event Name: Beyond the Veil
    Bonus crew/ships:
    • high bonus: event crew, as well as "Picard and Number One"
    • medium bonus: variants of T’Pol, Nog, and crew with the Astrophysicist trait
    • small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Wait, will variants of Picard get event bonuses? I'm asking for this event and for the rest of the Mega.
  • Options
    Proont wrote: »
    Event Name: Beyond the Veil
    Bonus crew/ships:
    • high bonus: event crew, as well as "Picard and Number One"
    • medium bonus: variants of T’Pol, Nog, and crew with the Astrophysicist trait
    • small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Wait, will variants of Picard get event bonuses? I'm asking for this event and for the rest of the Mega.

Probably not.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some Picards are Astrophysicists though (for example Enterprise-E Picard).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options

Yes astrophysicist Picards will but others will likely not.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

This is new though. I recall in the earlier megas where Janeway and Mirror Picard were rewards, all their variants provided bonus.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drone_one wrote: »

This is new though. I recall in the earlier megas where Janeway and Mirror Picard were rewards, all their variants provided bonus.

Maybe for a Trait? I don't remember any but the Recurring being Bonus the whole time.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

Maybe for a Trait? I don't remember any but the Recurring being Bonus the whole time.

Yes. Double checked and I was wrong. Janeway variants did not provide a bonus.

Guess I wasted a bunch of merits unfreezing my Picards.
  • Options

Maybe, maybe not. The storyline DB said is that old Picard is talking to ensign Picard. So there will likely be another Picard in the mega and if that is the case that week all Picard would give bonus. My advice is wait a bit till we get more info on the event after the skirmish next week.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe, maybe not. The storyline DB said is that old Picard is talking to ensign Picard. So there will likely be another Picard in the mega and if that is the case that week all Picard would give bonus. My advice is wait a bit till we get more info on the event after the skirmish next week.

Not ensign, but rather Cadet Picard is mentioned in the Mega announcement:

“In Forever As One, both the retired Admiral Picard of the future and Cadet Picard of yesterday find themselves in the chaotic world of Star Trek Timelines.”
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust