Home Ready Room
Options

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also a new collection to add.....

Already done on that. :smile:
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    DNardDNard ✭✭
    Did 5.69 drop?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    DNard wrote: »
    Did 5.69 drop?

Not yet
  • Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    the links to the wiki may be broken when those funky characters still pop up.
    Yeah, the actual numbers and stats and stuff have been working for ages. There's been no problem with that. The wiki links are what's been the problem everyone's been referring to since December. It's also why I was complaining about the sheet saying "fixed for good" back in 4.32 when it clearly wasn't, but the actual crew stats and stuff were fixed.

On a positive note, La'an sorted herself out, so Rios and Z'ymira are the only current issues on the mangled Google Sheets characters front.

Edit: Maybe @TemporalAgent7 (or anyone else on the DataCore side) can fix "Huntress Z’ymira" in the export to "Huntress Z'ymira" so Rios is the only (possibly unfixable) hold-out?

Edit 2: Just noticed a super-minor typo that doesn't affect anything mechanically. Captain Scott has a series of "The next Generation" which should be capitalized.
  • Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Edit: Maybe @TemporalAgent7 (or anyone else on the DataCore side) can fix "Huntress Z’ymira" in the export to "Huntress Z'ymira" so Rios is the only (possibly unfixable) hold-out?

It's best for WRG to fix these apostrophes. Maybe make a post in Engineering or open a support ticket.

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    the links to the wiki may be broken when those funky characters still pop up.
    Yeah, the actual numbers and stats and stuff have been working for ages. There's been no problem with that. The wiki links are what's been the problem everyone's been referring to since December. It's also why I was complaining about the sheet saying "fixed for good" back in 4.32 when it clearly wasn't, but the actual crew stats and stuff were fixed.

On a positive note, La'an sorted herself out, so Rios and Z'ymira are the only current issues on the mangled Google Sheets characters front.

Edit 2: Just noticed a super-minor typo that doesn't affect anything mechanically. Captain Scott has a series of "The next Generation" which should be capitalized.

Its funny, I actually caught and fixed Captain Scott with 5.69 and he's been wrong forever with that case issue. and yeah, these issues with the wiki links are a pain in the rear. I fear Rios is a forever pain. Z'ymira is weird. Datacore or WRG should be able to help there (good luck with WRG though). I really don't seen an issue on the DNA side with her.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here it is.... (finally).

"Added New Crew: Chief Engineer Scott, Captain Angel, La'an Noonien Singh, Night Writing Benny Russell, The Preacher, Darlene Kursky
    Fixed minor issues with Crew names
    Fixed issue with Pet people collection
    Added Displaced to All-in Owosekun
    Added New Collection: Story Time"

And one known bug (excluding the wiki links as noted above)

The Preacher 2* and 3* scores are broken. He uses a new score and my model doesn't work for him (yet). I'll fix it once I have him.
  • Options
    Chief Engineer Rutherford is missing, from monthly campaign, Thanks for the update and all the work you do.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chief Engineer Rutherford is missing, from monthly campaign, Thanks for the update and all the work you do.

Doh. Forgot to add him.
  • Options
    MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    For Rutherford it can very well wait for the next release imho.
    And for WRG, I think they HAVE to take into account your demands.
    It's not like you will ask only for yourself but for a big part of the community for wich you contribute actively.
  • Options
    I fear Rios is a forever pain.
    Question...

Is there a reason that Rios' entry on the Stats page is a formula instead of just text, like every other crew?
    =iferror(index(Import!A2:A,match("rios_cristobal_crew",Import!AW2:AW,0),1), "Cristóbal Rios")

I checked and replacing it with just
    Cristóbal Rios

will fix everything, it seems.

Regarding Z'ymira, I hadn't actually looked at her on the Crew page in a while, and was just going by the Import. It seems like she's working on the Crew page. Sorry for that. She might've been fixed for a while, perhaps.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    I fear Rios is a forever pain.
    Question...

Is there a reason that Rios' entry on the Stats page is a formula instead of just text, like every other crew?
    =iferror(index(Import!A2:A,match("rios_cristobal_crew",Import!AW2:AW,0),1), "Cristóbal Rios")

I checked and replacing it with just
    Cristóbal Rios

will fix everything, it seems.

Regarding Z'ymira, I hadn't actually looked at her on the Crew page in a while, and was just going by the Import. It seems like she's working on the Crew page. Sorry for that. She might've been fixed for a while, perhaps.

@AdmiralMemo for the longest time the ó was not working on the import matches. I honestly had not checked that in forever to see if they fixed that issue which is why he still used a formula as an attempt to fix it for people using the import vs people using it manually (and it helped for quite awhile). I'll take a look again. Hopefully with that change we might "finally" be good one these again.
  • Options
    I think whenever you added the column that was the name without special characters, that by itself fixed all past and future character issues, in theory.
  • Options
    Small thing - Captain Angel should be version 5.69 not 5.59
    I sort for a manual update like we used to do before the import. More so I know when TP has eaten a crew member. I also have one sheet for the import method
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeeMentia wrote: »
    Small thing - Captain Angel should be version 5.69 not 5.59
    I sort for a manual update like we used to do before the import. More so I know when TP has eaten a crew member. I also have one sheet for the import method

Thanks. Will fix that.
  • Options
    I'm having issues copying over my custom columns to the new GS...unless I'm a total idiot, i'm unsure what i'm doing wrong. I only have to enter the custom column name verbatim from the old sheet correct?
    For instance I have a column for "citation priority" so I would just copy that to B3 and follow it with a comma for all other columns?
    This is the error I receive:

TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'copyTo')
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracus wrote: »
    I'm having issues copying over my custom columns to the new GS...unless I'm a total idiot, i'm unsure what i'm doing wrong. I only have to enter the custom column name verbatim from the old sheet correct?
    For instance I have a column for "citation priority" so I would just copy that to B3 and follow it with a comma for all other columns?

Tagging @mr_sparky for this one
  • Options
    mr_sparkymr_sparky ✭✭✭
    Dracus wrote: »

@Dracus would you mind sharing your GS with me via DM so I can get a first-hand look at what you're trying to do? This kind of thing can get tricky to code.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New version release. lots of changes/updates/fixes.

"Added New Crew: Chief Engineer Rutherford, Mirror Mariner, Admiral Black, Crosis, Assimilated Rooney, La Sirena Borg Queen, Six of Ten, Chances Taken Kirk, Axum, Borg Baby Boimler, Albert Macklin, Mirror Tuvok
    Another attempt to fix Rios has been applied.
    Preacher 2*/3* have been fixed.
    Expanded collection: Resistance is Futile to 40
    Added new collection: The Order of Things"
  • Options
    Crosis is not on my Crew tab, he is in Import, Stats, Data, Import Data, IDU, but not crew, have him Immortal, cant fig out why he doesn't show...everything else seem great
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crosis is not on my Crew tab, he is in Import, Stats, Data, Import Data, IDU, but not crew, have him Immortal, cant fig out why he doesn't show...everything else seem great

Stealth fixed. Must have been interrupted while I was adding him. fixed now. you can pull a new copy of 5.7 and it will be good.
  • Options
    Not a very major thing, but I'm confused as to why a bunch of crew that are labeled as "Voyage Improvement" are also labeled as "Need-Collection Only" rather than "Need" instead. s3cty17x7p18.png
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Not a very major thing, but I'm confused as to why a bunch of crew that are labeled as "Voyage Improvement" are also labeled as "Need-Collection Only" rather than "Need" instead. s3cty17x7p18.png

Dang, I must have an error in my flagging logic. I'll take a peek. The collection only should only flag if thats the only item marked in the reason field.

Edit, I found the error. For some reason, I had the logic set that any time a collection was needed that was overriding the "need" and it was using "need collection only". That should be fixed when I release 5.71.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update Posted. Please note, There are major backend changes so please let us know if you see anything odd. I've tried to really beat this up and it looks good to me.....

"Added New Crew: Excretus of Borg, Assimilated Bashir, Drone Magnus Hansen, Chief Medical Officer Tendi, Bruce Maddox
    Fixed recommendations with Need vs Need Collection only."
    More then I can list..... But really, upated all remaining fields in the stats page to querys to speed up backend work on new version deployment,, updated migration scripts, added Dev mode,
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just applied a quick fix if you downloaded it already.
  • Options
    Loretta {PoF}Loretta {PoF} ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Wanted to import Data from

Was that an old bug? In v5.70 and before i had 53 Crew members were marked with "need", in v5.71 i have 153 i need.

Edit: can answer for myself, yes, it was an old one.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to import Data from

Was that an old bug? In v5.70 and before i had 53 Crew members were marked with "need", in v5.71 i have 153 i need.

Edit: can answer for myself, yes, it was an old one.

Yeah, there was an issue that if any crew would be Voyage improvement but it was also needed for collection it overrode any "need" recommendation to "need collection only" even if that wasn't correct. I had a wrong column referenced in one of my queries causing it. (I was off by one column ugh).
  • Options
    ztdqgmvdygpd.png
    I get this quite often, using datacore import, I dont have Mirror Boimler, AGIMUS is my only dupe.
    in the past it has been other new crew that i didn't have yet showing as duplicate. When this happens I have to pull a new copy and import and then it's back to normal. I don't know enough about coding to figure it out. But still this is the best tool for keeping track of crew. Thanks again for all of the work you all do.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    ztdqgmvdygpd.png
    I get this quite often, using datacore import, I dont have Mirror Boimler, AGIMUS is my only dupe.
    in the past it has been other new crew that i didn't have yet showing as duplicate. When this happens I have to pull a new copy and import and then it's back to normal. I don't know enough about coding to figure it out. But still this is the best tool for keeping track of crew. Thanks again for all of the work you all do.

That is odd... the next time it happens, can you keep a copy of it doing that and send share it with me. Id like to take a look at the tables from Datacore that the process loaded as that is what triggers this.
  • Options
    @cmdrworf I sent the copy