Home Ready Room
Options

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can wait until the new version tomorrow.
  • Options
    picard day riker immortalized
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Version Released. 5.74

"Fixed Bride of Chaotica Collection. Was not showing complete unless all 8 crew were FFE, vs 7 which finishes the collection.
    Updated Lieutenant Tarah to Enterprise
    Updated Nanoprobe Phlox to Enterprise
    Added New Crew: Captain Picard Day Riker, Palor Toff, Degraded Sphere Builder, Colonel Grat
    Added New Collection: It's Been a Long Road, "

Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Nice "All In One" option. It didn't do the column widths/visibility on my sheet, though. Everything else worked. (I see it's in Beta.)
  • Options
    I do have an issue where some of my crew are saying "Freeze" so I freeze them when I need space, and then when I update things, I'm being told to "Unfreeze" them because they're Voyage Improvements. (This has happened with Thrax and Phoenix Cochrane so far, but it might end up happening with others in the future.)
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice "All In One" option. It didn't do the column widths/visibility on my sheet, though. Everything else worked. (I see it's in Beta.)

tagging @mr_sparky for this one.....
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have an issue where some of my crew are saying "Freeze" so I freeze them when I need space, and then when I update things, I'm being told to "Unfreeze" them because they're Voyage Improvements. (This has happened with Thrax and Phoenix Cochrane so far, but it might end up happening with others in the future.)

Ugh. I've had this happen before and thought I had it fixed. On the settings tab there are two options that can sometimes cause this conflict. Check "Set the number of crew per skill that you want to be kept for the 'Best Active Skill' requirements." and "Set the number of crew you want to keep per combination of Voyage skills." I believe if they are different this behavior can occur. Let me know if this is the case for you. If they are the same and this is happening, can you send me a PM with a link to your sheet so I can take a look.
  • Options

I'm having the same issue @cmdrworf, just checked my settings and they're the same number. I'll PM you my sheet.
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    mr_sparkymr_sparky ✭✭✭

@AdmiralMemo Does the column widths/visibility work if you run it by itself? I thought maybe I accidentally left it out of the "do-it-all" script, but it's there.

Do you mind PMing me your Sheet so I can check it out?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm having the same issue @cmdrworf, just checked my settings and they're the same number. I'll PM you my sheet.

OK there is a 3rd setting that ties in with this. "Set the number of Top Voyagers you want the sheet to display per rarity". If all 3 match then this behavior goes away. I'll need to look at making these 3 one value.
  • Options
    Jim_FallsJim_Falls ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    I'm seeing this in the Reason column on the crew tab
    isyudc0jz5m7.png

Got the same issue. Started possibly at 5.71 or 5.72, still there on 5.74. When I did that upgrade, I tried to check where the issue surfaces, but I can't be sure if it was after importing my Datacore info (which I always do first) or after Import/Overwrite Missions & Settings.

EDIT: Found the root cause. At some point, for some reason, on the Settings sheet the Miscellaneous and Voyage Settings (except for the skill-related) all the values had vanished. I entered the default ones, and now Crew sheet is back to normal.
  • Options
    Ev Suit Tendi
  • Options
    mr_sparky wrote: »
    @AdmiralMemo Does the column widths/visibility work if you run it by itself? I thought maybe I accidentally left it out of the "do-it-all" script, but it's there.

Do you mind PMing me your Sheet so I can check it out?
    It worked by itself, yeah. I'll get you a link soon.
  • Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Ugh. I've had this happen before and thought I had it fixed. On the settings tab there are two options that can sometimes cause this conflict. Check "Set the number of crew per skill that you want to be kept for the 'Best Active Skill' requirements." and "Set the number of crew you want to keep per combination of Voyage skills." I believe if they are different this behavior can occur. Let me know if this is the case for you. If they are the same and this is happening, can you send me a PM with a link to your sheet so I can take a look.
    Can do. However, both of those values are set to 4, and I don't change them from the defaults at all.
    OK there is a 3rd setting that ties in with this. "Set the number of Top Voyagers you want the sheet to display per rarity". If all 3 match then this behavior goes away. I'll need to look at making these 3 one value.
    The default on that is 5 and that's what it's set to on mine.
  • Options
    Jim_Falls wrote: »
    At some point, for some reason, on the Settings sheet the Miscellaneous and Voyage Settings (except for the skill-related) all the values had vanished. I entered the default ones, and now Crew sheet is back to normal.
    That's happened to me before, but it was when the Settings page expanded, so everything got shifted down, so the automated function didn't input the data into the correct cells (which were further down than expected). I don't recall an expansion happening recently, though.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an FYI, the next release is talking a little bit. I'm rewriting FBB. I know many of you don't use it and use datacore instead so I decided to try and make it a bit more useful for everyone. I've got a couple of little bugs left in it and some cleanup that we need to do then it should be ready for launch. @mr_sparky is working his magic then on updating the macros in it and I'm having him also review my queries. FBB is pretty intense so I'm hoping everyone will like this enhancement.
  • Options
    thx, cmdrworf :)
  • Options
    Typo on a new crew: Variant says K'Vagn instead of K'Vagh
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typo on a new crew: Variant says K'Vagn instead of K'Vagh

Thank you. Fixed in 6.01 now. Good catch.
  • Options
    mr_sparkymr_sparky ✭✭✭

It'll be fixed in the next update. I made a dumb typo in the code. 😅
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New version release:

Added new crew: Vadic, Handler Worf, Captain Vadic, Varani
    Fixed issue with column with in copy from old version
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone just downloaded it, I had an issue with Varanii. He wasn't showing in the crew tab. I did a quick stealth fix on it in 6.01. you can download it again for the fix.
  • Options
    [VIP0]USS Dart[VIP0]USS Dart ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    @cmdrworf I downloaded the new sheet and pasted by datacore data while the upgrade script was running. I got this error:

Exception: Service Spreadsheets failed while accessing document with id 1pbOvyT8zo3IETF4PgjLh6tuH5MmLSveTdAwWUgUe_kM.

I'm going to run each separately to see if that eliminates the error. Update: it seems that it did eliminate the error.
  • Options
    mr_sparkymr_sparky ✭✭✭
    @cmdrworf I downloaded the new sheet and pasted by datacore data while the upgrade script was running. I got this error:

Exception: Service Spreadsheets failed while accessing document with id 1pbOvyT8zo3IETF4PgjLh6tuH5MmLSveTdAwWUgUe_kM.

I'm going to run each separately to see if that eliminates the error. Update: it seems that it did eliminate the error.

There're a lot of heavy duty formulas in this spreadsheet, so you probably want to do things one at a time to prevent errors and timeouts. e.g. paste datacore after the script finishes running.
  • Options
    MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    6.01 not working here.
    I tried upgrading from 6.00 one by one --> not working
    I erased all and tried again one by one --> not working
    I erased and tried all in one import --> not working
    The results seems even differents.
    One by one, the error happen in import crew script.
    6.00 is ok so far I can see. Not changed anything there outside citing a couple of crew.
    The error that pop up is "Exception: Spreadsheet service failed when accessing document with ID 15ZiM3_kfXFyx4ImN1EIyYB2mQ208sikvQpqgMqOuZAk."
    ID change each time. In fact it's the document ID of the new 6.01 sheet.

PS : got it kinda working by doing the stuff once again (got the error) and then importing a new datacore csv. All seems ok ...
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mururoa wrote: »
    6.01 not working here.
    I tried upgrading from 6.00 one by one --> not working
    I erased all and tried again one by one --> not working
    I erased and tried all in one import --> not working
    The results seems even differents.
    One by one, the error happen in import crew script.
    6.00 is ok so far I can see. Not changed anything there outside citing a couple of crew.
    The error that pop up is "Exception: Spreadsheet service failed when accessing document with ID 15ZiM3_kfXFyx4ImN1EIyYB2mQ208sikvQpqgMqOuZAk."
    ID change each time. In fact it's the document ID of the new 6.01 sheet.

PS : got it kinda working by doing the stuff once again (got the error) and then importing a new datacore csv. All seems ok ...

What OS/Browser do you use.... just trying to see if there is anything from that as well.
  • Options
    Mine is "working" but it seems to constantly keep reloading... something... because the progress bar keeps appearing. I'm wondering if there's a circular loop of formulas that keep updating something.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is "working" but it seems to constantly keep reloading... something... because the progress bar keeps appearing. I'm wondering if there's a circular loop of formulas that keep updating something.

ok, thats good to know. I'll keep mine up for awhile and watch it. that is odd and it should not be doing that for sure. I'm not sure whats causing that. Did that just start with the latest version as well?
  • Options
    MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    What OS/Browser do you use.... just trying to see if there is anything from that as well.
    I tried with Firefox and Chromium.
    I did not retry after importing a new datacore csv.