Home Ready Room
Options

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• Options
    Hi,
    I looked at Roy Ritterhouse. He's listed on the sheet as a variant of Bashir. Isn't he a variant of Martok?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kafitrar wrote: »
    Hi,
    I looked at Roy Ritterhouse. He's listed on the sheet as a variant of Bashir. Isn't he a variant of Martok?

@Kafitrar you are correct. Wow, I've had that error for awhile. :smile:
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    mr_sparkymr_sparky ✭✭✭
    A quick update/deep dive on the "upgrade/import" feature/scripts to copy your info from older versions of this GS (Google Sheet) to newer ones.

This GS has a lot of formulas, so when you make changes (e.g. you run "import" scripts, and/or do a Datacore import), it needs to do a lot of processing behind the scenes.

The reason the import scripts are separated one step at a time is mainly to help make sure that the script engine doesn't time out from all of the processing.

Personally, I get timeout errors when I try the all-in-one maybe 1 out of every 3-4 tries, depending on my luck and whatever is happening on Google's end (yeah, I know that's a pretty high failure rate. That's why the "all-in-one" is in marked "beta").
    FWIW, there *is* a little bit of error-checking in the "all-in-one" script that saves its place, so if it fails and then you re-run it, it's not starting completely from scratch.

A few things you can do to try to help minimize problems:
    1. If you're on Mac, use Chrome instead of Safari. Chrome seems to work a bit better for complicated GS's than Safari.

2. Try not to have too many browser windows/tabs open when you're using any of the import scripts, if possible.

3. Try not to do anything during imports. Don't make any edits, Datacore imports, check different tabs, etc. Maybe go do a Boss Battle or get a coffee or tea, earl grey, hot?

4. Wait until the GS is finished loading or processing (look for the progress bar near the upper right) before running any import scripts.
    Even if you're running the scripts one at a time, it's best to let the script finish, *then* let the *GS* finish processing, *then* run the next script.

6. You *should* be able to close the GS tabs/windows (both old and new) while the import scripts are running. This might help: start an import, then close the GS window (both old and new). Check back in about 3-4 mins and hopefully everything ran successfully.

You can check the status by doing this:
    A. Go to Extensions > Apps Script
    B. In the new tab that should've opened, click on the "Executions" icon (it's the 3 horizontal lines with the play button, underneath the clock icon).
    Look at the Status column for any functions that've run (e.g. "importAllFromOldGs"). If it says "Completed", it ran successfully.

Good luck, and feel free to tag me directly if there are problems or if you have questions. For better or worse, anything that goes wrong with these scripts is my fault, not cmdrworf's 😅
  • Options
    mr_sparkymr_sparky ✭✭✭
    Oh, and any time you see an "Exception: Spreadsheet service failed when accessing document with ID ..." error, it's probably Google's fault. Unfortunately there's not much any of us can do about that except try again later.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last part about his fault is not 100% true.... I do break it when I make some of my changes and forget to mention what I did/added/changed.
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Kafitrar wrote: »
    Hi,

@Kafitrar you are correct. Wow, I've had that error for awhile. :smile:
    You're welcome. Glad I could help. I love the sheet.
  • Options
    Any chance to find the crew for the hidden 'pic' trait of the current event?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance to find the crew for the hidden 'pic' trait of the current event?

Series, picard. @timelines_q
  • Options
    Thoughts on deleting the solved "Known Issues" from the 4.X era off the sheet since they're at least 2 major versions behind now? (Maybe just remove all of them since all appear to be fixed?)
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts on deleting the solved "Known Issues" from the 4.X era off the sheet since they're at least 2 major versions behind now? (Maybe just remove all of them since all appear to be fixed?)

Yeah, I probably should do that.....
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Version Release. 6.02

Added new Collection: As Usual,
    Added New Crew: Captain Shaw, Ceti Alpha V Khan, Lenore Karidian
    Corrected Roy Ritterhouse to be a variant of Martok.
    Updated traits on Gotana-Retz
  • Options
    mr_sparkymr_sparky ✭✭✭
    mr_sparky wrote: »
    A quick update/deep dive on the "upgrade/import" feature/scripts to copy your info from older versions of this GS (Google Sheet) to newer ones.

This GS has a lot of formulas, so when you make changes (e.g. you run "import" scripts, and/or do a Datacore import), it needs to do a lot of processing behind the scenes.

The reason the import scripts are separated one step at a time is mainly to help make sure that the script engine doesn't time out from all of the processing.

A quick follow up. I just upgraded to v6.02 (thanks @cmdrworf !). I used Chrome with no other tabs open.

After making a copy of the GS and prepping it, I opened the Script Editor (Go to Extensions > Apps Script). Then I copied the url and opened a *new* window and pasted it.

I kicked off the "all in one" script and closed the GS (the Script Editor will auto-close. That's why I had opened it again in a new window).

I click on the "Executions" icon (it's the 3 horizontal lines with the play button, underneath the clock icon) and refreshed the page once in a while. (I went back to Safari and did other stuff while waiting).

It finished successfully and took about 7 mins (417 seconds).

YMMV.
  • Options
    CigAros_DKCigAros_DK ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    bworfr16vqc2.png
    What's up with the Dilemmas tab?
    Did sttwiki.org change something?
    The query cell just says #N/A...
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    CigAros_DK wrote: »
    bworfr16vqc2.png

I'll admit, I'm not sure. My dev copy is doing the same, but looking at the wilo page source, and the link when tried manually seem to work. I'm not sure whats wrong this time. Ugh. Its got to be some change on the wiki.
  • Options
    bworfr16vqc2.png

I'll admit, I'm not sure. My dev copy is doing the same, but looking at the wilo page source, and the link when tried manually seem to work. I'm not sure whats wrong this time. Ugh. Its got to be some change on the wiki.

Is Cloudflare a new thing on sttwiki.org?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    bworfr16vqc2.png

Is Cloudflare a new thing on sttwiki.org?

yeah. its new security. There is a chance, that it could be blocking "bots". These direct link apps kinda function like bots/crawlers and could be blocked by it possibly. There is also the chance that its on the google sheets side and they are having issues with the function at the moment. I'll give it a bit and if it doesn't change i'll rewrite it to work differently.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Version Released. Please Note, the Dilemma's tab is still not working. I'm not certain if this is a Wiki or Google Sheets issue at this time. (and sadly there is a dilemmas update in this release that won't properly work now....)

"Added New Crew: Paradise Spock, Luau Chakotay, M'Benga and Oriana, Yeoman Barrows, Rites of Separation Leeta
    Updated Dilemmas tab to indicate flow to get schematics"
    "All in one import imporvements:
    In the future, if someone does the all-in-one import, when/if it finishes with no problems, it'll save a message to cell B4 on the UpgradeFromOldGs tab.
    The message is something like : All-in-one import Done. Estimated elapsed time: 219 seconds
    And that cell has formatting so it'll highlight in green if it contains ""Done.""
    This way, people can start the script and, if they want, actually close the browser tab (the script will keep running). Then they can reopen the GS and see the status. The import functions seem to work a tiny bit faster this way. I ran it a few times and clocked it at around 3-4 mins.
    That cell will also show some other status messages that'll help with troubleshooting if there're issues."
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, Its the Wiki, They are stopping Bots now. I can't do a directly link to them for data anymore. I'll need to recode the DNA sheet.

u4xlxm38338q.png

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. dilemmas are fixed. Just recoded. if you downloaded 6.04 since i posted it, I did a stealth update.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New version released:

Added New Crew: Sir Adya Ortegas, Vox, Luau Torres, Assimilated Esmar
  • Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Great work! Thanks for all the updates!

SUPER minor issue, but you misspelled "Dilemmas" in the patch notes 6.04a

Also, more importantly, I just noticed that "Elysian Kingdom" is marked as Complete for me under Collections when I only have a single one, not all 9. Edit: This is my bad. When I imported, the "Elysian Kingdom" wasn't selected under "Settings"... Did you move some Collection Settings around?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, more importantly, I just noticed that "Elysian Kingdom" is marked as Complete for me under Collections when I only have a single one, not all 9. Edit: This is my bad. When I imported, the "Elysian Kingdom" wasn't selected under "Settings"... Did you move some Collection Settings around?

I'm going to tag @mr_sparky in this. I looked at mine as well and both this one and as usual were not selected from the last upgrade. Adding new collections should not impact the scripts that we use for version upgrades but it sounds like something weird is going on and worth taking a look at.
  • Options
    mr_sparkymr_sparky ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023

I'm going to tag @mr_sparky in this. I looked at mine as well and both this one and as usual were not selected from the last upgrade. Adding new collections should not impact the scripts that we use for version upgrades but it sounds like something weird is going on and worth taking a look at.

On it...
  • Options

I made a few tweaks to the script that imports the settings.
    Before, it used the checkbox columns (Col E and H) to determine the last row of the Collections to copy. Now, it'll look at the Collection names (Col D and F) and use for the last row so it should be a bit smarter.

Also, I noticed a weird bug(?) that cleared the Collection names from F111 (Spit and Bailing Wire) to F125 (Heh Cho'mruak tah). I couldn't find anything in the code that would do this, and it seemed to have gone away magically after I made a few other tweaks. I tested it a bunch of times and can't reproduce it any more, so if anyone notices this problem in the future, please let me know.

The fixes should be in the next update.
  • Options
    Just out of idle curiosity: Is there a reason that G63 through H65 on the Settings page are merged together? It's been like that for some time. It doesn't affect anything, of course. It just looks a little weird to me.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just out of idle curiosity: Is there a reason that G63 through H65 on the Settings page are merged together? It's been like that for some time. It doesn't affect anything, of course. It just looks a little weird to me.

i did that so the comment text I added would show better. I'm guess by you asking its not showing proper in your version in that merged block?

It should look like this (at least in my version).

m64yyl76fusn.png
  • Options

i did that so the comment text I added would show better. I'm guess by you asking its not showing proper in your version in that merged block?

m64yyl76fusn.png

Yep, it's definitely in the original but gone in my copy too.

Hmm...I wonder if that's related to the problem I was having with the import script clearing the wrong cells. Back to the drawing board.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Version Released:

Added New Crew: Rock'n'Roll Mariner, Bankrobber T'Ana, Caretaker Torres, Exoarchaeologist Mariner
    Modified Collection import script logic

Please note, this is not the full fix yet for the import script but it is much closer. It should eliminate the missing check boxes but not the missing text data.
  • Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    I did that so the comment text I added would show better. I'm guess by you asking its not showing proper in your version in that merged block?

m64yyl76fusn.png
    Yeah, there's nothing there on mine. I had no clue there was a comment. The stars in the previous column are gone, too.

I suspect that when you added that bit, upgrading from the version before it had those cells blank, so it blanked them out, and then it just has carried over ever since?