Home Ready Room
Options

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• Options
    Valerian wrote: »
    By the way, we now have Recommendation states for Freeze, Space, and Space/Freeze. I feel like it has now gotten confusing and overly granular. I suggest combining Space/Freeze and Space- and I don't really care which term is used. There's some merit to having a separate Freeze state (even though I'm perfectly happy having them all combined), but it seems unnecessary to separate between Space/Freeze and Space.

Please don’t combine these. It is very handy to have an option to filter by owner card. ie: I need to free a slot; I filter by “space/freeze”; I see cards that are taking up a slot who I could potentially space. If “space” and “space/freeze” were combined, I’d have way more cards to manually sift through.
  • Options
    By the way, we now have Recommendation states for Freeze, Space, and Space/Freeze. I feel like it has now gotten confusing and overly granular. I suggest combining Space/Freeze and Space- and I don't really care which term is used. There's some merit to having a separate Freeze state (even though I'm perfectly happy having them all combined), but it seems unnecessary to separate between Space/Freeze and Space.

Please don’t combine these. It is very handy to have an option to filter by owner card. ie: I need to free a slot; I filter by “space/freeze”; I see cards that are taking up a slot who I could potentially space. If “space” and “space/freeze” were combined, I’d have way more cards to manually sift through.

Allow me to point out there is a simple one click solution to your concern, no sifting required. Just filter the Active column to True. If you're already filtering by Recommendation then this should be extremely easy.

In fact this is half the reason I think Space/Freeze and Space should be combined. Space/Freeze and Space are telling you the same thing--- you don't need this card. I find it disingenuous to say you need these two separate statuses to tell you whether you don't need a card because you already have it or you don't need a card because you don't. If you are simply looking at the spreadsheet and you search for the card in question and it says Space/Freeze, you are already looking at the spot where it's going to tell you whether you have the card or not. You don't need a separate status to tell you what's already right in front of you.
  • Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Yeah, but that's a whole separate column and... you know, people are lazy, right?

So if this is all combined, maybe we should use a different word than "Space"?

Otherwise, people will probably space cards they've put some work into and then regret it. (Yes, even though the sheet literally says on the first page: "Always use your own judgement before actually airlocking any crew." There will be people who don't read that and there will be the feel-bads.)
  • Options
    Owen Paris is showing up as an Event Variant when you select "Paris" in the Variants, and he shouldn't.

On a positive note, I'm noticing a speed increase in the latest edition with regards to updating formula values and all, which I definitely like.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Owen Paris is showing up as an Event Variant when you select "Paris" in the Variants, and he shouldn't.

On a positive note, I'm noticing a speed increase in the latest edition with regards to updating formula values and all, which I definitely like.

I had the same problem on my sheets with him, he just needs his variant changing to Owen or O.Paris. Also Ro and Q were causing me problems too so I renamed their variants to Rhoe and Queue just so other names would not pick up the rogue letters.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    USS Dart wrote: »
    One question for whomever can best answer: The default on the sheet is to retain the top 5 voyagers in each skill. Is there a reason why the number 5 was picked? Is it because there are six skills, such that 5 of each skill would represent a pair with each other skill?

Nope.No specific reason.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mururoa wrote: »
    Mururoa wrote: »
    The new Tier column is a GREAT addition.
    Add a Voyage Rank column and it would be just perfect.
    And thanks again for the hard work.
    Ok, done it myself.
    For thoose who wants a Voyage Rank column, just add one column and put
    =iferror(vlookup(A5,Import!$A:$L,12,false),"")

in the first line and duplicate after for all subsequent lines.
    I used to put it in notes but that's subject too much to change and get that from datacore where it's updated after each crew addition is much better. For example, My surak noted 13 is now, in fact, 21.

Thanks Mururoa. Would love to see this moved into baseline.

Lots of credit and appreciation to Kobe and Worf for your continuing support and improvement.

@Valerian you may see this today......
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Update posted.
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm.... this is new....

4j93b17huu5i.png
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Umm.... this is new....

4j93b17huu5i.png

WTF. Let me look

I cannot recreate this. Did you accidentally merge 2 cells? If not. Can you send me yours via PM so I can look at it.
  • Options
    No, I just imported my csv from Datacore and copied my settings from the pervious version. How do I give you access?
  • Options
    Found it, had to go into View, Freeze, Freeze to row 4 and now it sorts.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I had the same problem on my sheets with him, he just needs his variant changing to Owen or O.Paris. Also Ro and Q were causing me problems too so I renamed their variants to Rhoe and Queue just so other names would not pick up the rogue letters.
    I remember in the old thread that Leshy was able to fix the Worf/Col. Worf thing with some sort of non-breaking space or somesuch character. (Drat that I can't find the specific post now.) Can that be implemented here?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember in the old thread that Leshy was able to fix the Worf/Col. Worf thing with some sort of non-breaking space or somesuch character. (Drat that I can't find the specific post now.) Can that be implemented here?

Sorry missed that note. I'll get them fixed for the next release.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lied. Stealth fixed in the current version. if you redownload it should work now.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New version released.
  • Options
    Yeah, but that's a whole separate column and... you know, people are lazy, right?

So if this is all combined, maybe we should use a different word than "Space"?

Otherwise, people will probably space cards they've put some work into and then regret it. (Yes, even though the sheet literally says on the first page: "Always use your own judgement before actually airlocking any crew." There will be people who don't read that and there will be the feel-bads.)

So call it Space/Freeze and remove Space. :smile:
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    One question for whomever can best answer: The default on the sheet is to retain the top 5 voyagers in each skill. Is there a reason why the number 5 was picked? Is it because there are six skills, such that 5 of each skill would represent a pair with each other skill?

Nope.No specific reason.

So, I changed the setting to only retain the top 4 voyagers, recalculated and guess what? No change whatsoever! YMMV

On an unrelated note, I very much appreciate the hard work put into updating the sheet. So as to not turn your lives into a continuous cycle of updates, I think you could move to a single update on a weekly basis, potentially to every other week if rerun events occur.

• Options
    ValerianValerian ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi guys,

I'm a bit confused by the voyage tab. I'm sure there's just something I'm not understanding, but the skill values all seem too low. Shouldn't they, when summed, add up to the total?

It looks like the sheet is grabbing crew skill proficiencies instead of voyage numbers. I noticed it on v3.75 and a quick check on 3.77 looks like it's still the same.

5avphs1lj24f.png
  • Options
    love the new voyage column. What would the formula be to import the gauntlet column? Likely only useful to me, a newer player who doesn't have a single copy of any of the 4 gauntlet characters...
  • Options
    I think there is an error in the voyage column for Puppy Picard:

r5j6a9q2nafm.png
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question on recommendations -- I just got my 4th star for Mutated Paris which I was excited to finally finish him up and freeze the dude. His recommendation still lists him as "Can be fused into Evolved Janeway" but I already have Evolved Janeway immortalized... maybe the logic is correct, because it's not WRONG - Mutated Paris *can* be fused into Evo Janeway, I just don't need it.

IF the logic is correct, perhaps a toggle section in the settings similar to choosing which collections to flag, maybe a section where we could check/uncheck the growing amount of fuse characters when it comes to the various cards that make up the fuses?

IE, I don't have Cheesecake 7, so I would check her so the sheet recommends the two base cards, but since I already have Evolved Janeway, I would uncheck her so that the sheet doesn't flag me as needing Mutated Paris & Coffee? (And that's without even talking about the Binars...)
  • Options

r5j6a9q2nafm.png

He's the 7th highest voyager by total score, so it's accurate.
  • Options
    erulin9 wrote: »

r5j6a9q2nafm.png

He's the 7th highest voyager by total score, so it's accurate.

Gotcha. I thought it was a score, which is why I questioned it. Thank you.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi guys,

I'm a bit confused by the voyage tab. I'm sure there's just something I'm not understanding, but the skill values all seem too low. Shouldn't they, when summed, add up to the total?

It looks like the sheet is grabbing crew skill proficiencies instead of voyage numbers. I noticed it on v3.75 and a quick check on 3.77 looks like it's still the same.

5avphs1lj24f.png

@Valerian This will be fixed in 3.78. When we added new columns on the stats pages, I failed to updated the positions that this tab looked at for data. Thank you for letting me know.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope.No specific reason.

So, I changed the setting to only retain the top 4 voyagers, recalculated and guess what? No change whatsoever! YMMV

On an unrelated note, I very much appreciate the hard work put into updating the sheet. So as to not turn your lives into a continuous cycle of updates, I think you could move to a single update on a weekly basis, potentially to every other week if rerun events occur.

@USS Dart

I'll take a look at the voyager recommendations and see whats up. As to the updates, honestly its easier for me to do it when announced so I don't get behind. I could just limit how often I publish, but I prefer only needing to add one or two vs a bunch.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalisair75 wrote: »
    love the new voyage column. What would the formula be to import the gauntlet column? Likely only useful to me, a newer player who doesn't have a single copy of any of the 4 gauntlet characters...

@Dalisair75

Probably not too bad at all. I'll take a look.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalisair75 wrote: »

@Dalisair75

Probably not too bad at all. I'll take a look.

@Dalisair75 This has been added to 3.78 (probably will be released tomorrow 6/3)
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    3.78 Is released. Lots of additions/fixes in this release.

Fixed Voyage Score Calculations
    Added Gauntlet Rank like Voyage Rank.
    Change Event Crew logic to avoid more false positives (thanks @Leshy )
    Added New Crew: Age of Sail Picard, Linnis Paris
    Updated Age Of Sail Collection
    Fixed shading on Voyage Rank column
    Improved error handling for Tier column for everyone, not just Dark Ages McCoy
  • Options
    MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    Here the new Gauntlet Rank colunm is just a duplicate of Voyage Rank column.
    For example when Voyage is 13, Gauntlet is 13.00.
    Except that, the voyage tab looks like ok. Maybe it should be improved with star numbers to see who is 5/5 and who is only 3/5 and can be improved.