Delta Flyer Kim missing
  • Options
    Bradski wrote: »
    Delta Flyer Kim missing

He'll be in the next update.
  • Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Small typos are showing up. I know y'all are busy, so just fix them when you can.
    Patch notes: "Jurry Rigger" and "distict"
    Crew version: "3,72" (This affects sorting)

Edit: The dynamic color for "Freeze/Space" isn't working, as well.

I was able to fix these easily in my own copy of the sheet.
  • Options
    Small typos are showing up. I know y'all are busy, so just fix them when you can.
    Fixed in next update. Thanks for letting us know!
  • Options
    klobetime wrote: »
    I updated the recommendation strings as a part of adding the Immortalized concept. It didn't seem right to recommend spacing an FFFE member so I added "Freeze" as a standalone entry. (I also added the "Roll the dice" entry basically as an error check -- no one should ever see that!)

We could switch that back to "Space/Freeze" pretty easily, but like I said, it seems wrong conceptually. I don't ever sort by that column though, just filter by it. Sorting makes a good argument for reverting this.

Basically we have 4 categories of recommendations: Want ("Need"), Have ("Active", "Event...", "Frozen"), Change ("Unfreeze"), and Discard ("Space", "Space/Freeze", "Freeze"). We could add a 4th (hidden) column with these values which would help sorting, preface the existing recommendations with the category, or dumb down the recommendations to just these four. Or just make the simple change back to "Space/Freeze" and expect folks not to drop an immortal crew member. :)

In a larger sense, I was considering at one point trying to lose "Space/Freeze" entirely by looking at how close a member is to being immortal and recommending "Space Now" or "Finish and Freeze" concepts. Calculating the cost of immortalizing is tricky though and my workload has increased a LOT since the stay-at-home orders came down so this hasn't happened.

Originally, I didn't want to offer any comments on this because it didn't seem right to appear to criticize something that takes so much work and for which I personally benefit. I've come to realize that no comments really mean no progress, so here goes. I'll offer that even as a newer player, I understood that "space/freeze" really meant "freeze if FFFE", space if anything less.

That said, I do understand the logic that we wouldn't space an FFFE crew. So, really, we only need space and freeze and don't need the combination of the two. However, combining both, as in the previous iterations of the sheet, could be viewed as more efficient because you only have to filter by one variable.

After all that, I think I prefer having them combined (the earlier logic) but I'm happy to adjust if the community thinks it better splitting them out.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delta Flyer Kim missing

Shame on me. I added Keiko and missed Kim.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Personally, I've loved the distinction between freeze and freeze/space. I head straight for the freeze list after every event.
  • Options
    DaviCon1 wrote: »
    Personally, I've loved the distinction between freeze and freeze/space. I head straight for the freeze list after every event.
    Same
  • Options
    Sylv1deSylv1de ✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Delta Flyer Kim missing

Shame on me. I added Keiko and missed Kim.

It's no easy job. At least one new crew added every week. Some as event rewards others as buy-able exclusives. Others hidden in Voyages. One could easily miss one.

This is an amazing tool. and it keeps getting better.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update posted. Bug Fixes and all new crew through today.
  • Options
    Hello! I just downloaded a copy of the latest sheet, but I can't enter anything under traits on the settings tab - it just shows #value. Thanks!
    Now on Star Trek Timelines as Kathryn Crow's Eye.
  • Options
    Hello! I just downloaded a copy of the latest sheet, but I can't enter anything under traits on the settings tab - it just shows #value. Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up -- looks like we have enough crew that the list of traits grew too long for our current approach. Investigating...
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

@Lady Sansa Blacktyde Looking at it now. For some reason the list on the Data page is not populating. I'll post an update once I have it fixed. I just verified, it worked in 3.73 so its definitely the new release.....
  • Options

@Lady Sansa Blacktyde Looking at it now. For some reason the list on the Data page is not populating. I'll post an update once I have it fixed.

Thank you for your speedy response!!
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lady Sansa Blacktyde Looking at it now. For some reason the list on the Data page is not populating. I'll post an update once I have it fixed.

Thank you for your speedy response!!

@Lady Sansa Blacktyde Looks like we hit a size limit with the command. I'm looking at alternatives but it may take me a bit. @klobetime let me know if you have any thoughts as well.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lady Sansa Blacktyde

publishing 3.75. had to work around google sheet limit that we hit. New version published and should fix the issue.
  • Options
    @Lady Sansa Blacktyde

publishing 3.75. had to work around google sheet limit that we hit. New version published and should fix the issue.

Thank you very much!
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The "Include uncollected crew" toggle is not working. It shows all event related crew even if it is unchecked.
    And

kghexxv6gfsb.png
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "Include uncollected crew" toggle is not working. It shows all event related crew even if it is unchecked.
    And

kghexxv6gfsb.png

Looking. Is it just Picard you are showing as an issue? I can't see anything wrong unless his name is dfferent.
  • Options
    And

kghexxv6gfsb.png

Looking. Is it just Picard you are showing as an issue? I can't see anything wrong unless his name is dfferent.

Seems to be all 3 in the screen shot.
  • Options
    MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    The new Tier column is a GREAT addition.
    Add a Voyage Rank column and it would be just perfect.
    And thanks again for the hard work.
  • Options

I added entries for all four event options referring to crew I don't have and with the "include uncollected crew" box checked verified that the recommendation on the crew tab updated properly. I then unchecked the box and all the Event recommendations vanished. This is what I expect to happen; what are you expecting? What exact settings do you have?
    kghexxv6gfsb.png

The ??? in the Level column means the characters weren't in your import file. The undefined on Sinister Picard means the import has the word "undefined" there rather than a number. I'll watch for that and improve the message.
  • Options
    Thanks klometime!
  • Options
    erulin9erulin9 ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    There's a new "costumed.federation" trait showing up in the trait list; I assume Sinister Picard has a comma/period typo in his trait list.

BTW: I find these trait things because I have cobbled together a sheet that ranks my crew in four different aspects, including gauntlet score taking traits into account dynamically. (It also ranks by voyage score for all crew, current crew, and current crew + FFFE of current crew). I find it super useful (obviously) and I'm sure some of the functionality could be adapted to be more general use and user friendly, if you were interested in seeing what you could use? Let me know. It's kind of a mess of things that I've pulled from separate places, taught myself, and had to adapt overtime as the sheet has changed and I started using the import option.

EDIT: Love the BBOBA tier column! I had one that I did manually, but only had it in for my 4* and 5* crew that I've collected. Any chance to add in some settings/options on that?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    erulin9 wrote: »
    There's a new "costumed.federation" trait showing up in the trait list; I assume Sinister Picard has a comma/period typo in his trait list.

BTW: I find these trait things because I have cobbled together a sheet that ranks my crew in four different aspects, including gauntlet score taking traits into account dynamically. (It also ranks by voyage score for all crew, current crew, and current crew + FFFE of current crew). I find it super useful (obviously) and I'm sure some of the functionality could be adapted to be more general use and user friendly, if you were interested in seeing what you could use? Let me know. It's kind of a mess of things that I've pulled from separate places, taught myself, and had to adapt overtime as the sheet has changed and I started using the import option.

EDIT: Love the BBOBA tier column! I had one that I did manually, but only had it in for my 4* and 5* crew that I've collected. Any chance to add in some settings/options on that?

Stealth fixed in the current version. It was actually Determined Paris. I copied that from Shan's post. need to watch for "." vs "," in those updates closer. Hard to see in google sheets at times.

And please keep posting them. And I'll give the Kudos to @klobetime for the BBOBA addition.
  • Options
    MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Mururoa wrote: »
    Ok, done it myself.
    For thoose who wants a Voyage Rank column, just add one column and put
    =iferror(vlookup(A5,Import!$A:$L,12,false),"")

in the first line and duplicate after for all subsequent lines.
    I used to put it in notes but that's subject too much to change and get that from datacore where it's updated after each crew addition is much better. For example, My surak noted 13 is now, in fact, 21.
  • Options
    Ok, done it myself.
    For thoose who wants a Voyage Rank column, just add one column and put
    =iferror(vlookup(A5,Import!$A:$L,12,false),"")

in the first line and duplicate after for all subsequent lines.
    I used to put it in notes but that's subject too much to change and get that from datacore where it's updated after each crew addition is much better. For example, My surak noted 13 is now, in fact, 21.

Thanks Mururoa. Would love to see this moved into baseline.

Lots of credit and appreciation to Kobe and Worf for your continuing support and improvement.
  • Options
    By the way, we now have Recommendation states for Freeze, Space, and Space/Freeze. I feel like it has now gotten confusing and overly granular. I suggest combining Space/Freeze and Space- and I don't really care which term is used. There's some merit to having a separate Freeze state (even though I'm perfectly happy having them all combined), but it seems unnecessary to separate between Space/Freeze and Space.
  • Options
    Valerian wrote: »
    By the way, we now have Recommendation states for Freeze, Space, and Space/Freeze. I feel like it has now gotten confusing and overly granular. I suggest combining Space/Freeze and Space- and I don't really care which term is used. There's some merit to having a separate Freeze state (even though I'm perfectly happy having them all combined), but it seems unnecessary to separate between Space/Freeze and Space.
    See, I like the separation, personally, and I think this highlights the fact that people are using this tool for different things, which is perfectly fine and reasonable, until and unless those different things come at odds with each other.

To me, the difference is the status of the character.

They're all recommendations based off a character who isn't good enough to make the cut. But they have different statuses.

Freeze = A character you own who is immortal
    Space = A character you don't own who you should space if you pick them up from somewhere, so you don't put work into them
    Space/Freeze = A character you own, who you may or may not have put some work into, but isn't immortal

I've got a bunch of 3-star and 4-star legendaries in that last category that I'm waiting for the final citation or behold to finish. It might be disingenuous to recommend to "Space" them. On the other hand, if I pick up some random bad super rare and didn't realize it right away, it might be disingenuous to recommend to "Freeze" them, as I might not want to put the effort into leveling and equipping them.
  • Options
    One question for whomever can best answer: The default on the sheet is to retain the top 5 voyagers in each skill. Is there a reason why the number 5 was picked? Is it because there are six skills, such that 5 of each skill would represent a pair with each other skill?