Home The Holodeck
Options

PSA: Stay safe and be kind. Be a raccoon: wear a mask, wash your hands :) And: have a good air flow!

Comments

• Options
    @Banjo1012 - I used an app called Pottytime while I was potty training my littlies, not entirely sure it helped but the kids loved it :) The key is to wait until they are ready!

I am in the UK, we are now in lockdown. As I am a part time TA and lunch supervisor, I am still going into work, however, only 3 days a week instead of 5 days. Going into school yesterday, it was so quiet - only 17 children out of the usual 170 odd. The kids were being very good, though some of the littlies were upset and missing their parents. It's really really strange for them. We are all trying to keep them occupied and feeling positive.
    My husband is working from home and has been from last week and I'm home schooling our two kids.
    There is a British Body coach called Joe Wicks who is running a live stream at 9am GMT (but the stream will be available later in the day) to help kids exercising. If you have kids, I really recommend it - hell, even if you don't, it's a great way to get moving!
    Now on Star Trek Timelines as Kathryn Crow's Eye.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    That video from Spain is really uplifting! The small things matter a lot in this situation and it's nice to see so many people being kind to each other.

Here in northern Italy things are still complicated, but apparently the rise in cases is now slowing down, which is good. And a lot of small shops in my area have started to do home deliveries, which makes it easier for everyone to buy what they need without having to leave the house several times a week or wait in a line at the supermarket (not sure if there are lines in my city, because I've been shopping with home deliveries for three weeks now :# ).

But it makes me angry to hear about people like Banjo's boss :(
    Their actions are doing lots of damage.

My ex's boss wanted her to come to work, despite the fact that she's technically on administrative leave and that they don't produce any medical devices in his business (they could, which is why they're not actually forced to close). Thankfully, he changed his mind, because he saw that the number of cases in his province is rising.
    I think one of the biggest problems is that even people who might not be indifferent to others' health and safety, still act irresponsibly because they don't take this situation seriously until the risk becomes tangible for them. Until one or two weeks ago friends and relatives from abroad would ask me if I knew anyone who had caught the virus, as if that would somehow show the extent of the problem. But by the time everyone would be personally affected by this in some way, there would be way too many cases already to get the epidemic under control :(

On a different note, @Lady Sansa Blacktyde you're in our fleet right? :smiley: I never noticed that you were on the forums too :D
  • Options
    Hello @Emperor Borg Drone yes I am :D I joined fairly recently after a 6 month absence from the game. I don't tend to post very often!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That video from Spain is really uplifting! The small things matter a lot in this situation and it's nice to see so many people being kind to each other.

Here in northern Italy things are still complicated, but apparently the rise in cases is now slowing down, which is good. And a lot of small shops in my area have started to do home deliveries, which makes it easier for everyone to buy what they need without having to leave the house several times a week or wait in a line at the supermarket (not sure if there are lines in my city, because I've been shopping with home deliveries for three weeks now :# ).

My ex's boss wanted her to come to work, despite the fact that she's technically on administrative leave and that they don't produce any medical devices in his business (they could, which is why they're not actually forced to close). Thankfully, he changed his mind, because he saw that the number of cases in his province is rising.
    I think one of the biggest problems is that even people who might not be indifferent to others' health and safety, still act irresponsibly because they don't take this situation seriously until the risk becomes tangible for them. Until one or two weeks ago friends and relatives from abroad would ask me if I knew anyone who had caught the virus, as if that would somehow show the extent of the problem. But by the time everyone would be personally affected by this in some way, there would be way too many cases already to get the epidemic under control :(

On a different note, @Lady Sansa Blacktyde you're in our fleet right? :smiley: I never noticed that you were on the forums too :D

Or the fact that I may recover from it but someone I give it to may not. Some people are just so me, me, me

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Banjo1012 - I used an app called Pottytime while I was potty training my littlies, not entirely sure it helped but the kids loved it :) The key is to wait until they are ready!

I am in the UK, we are now in lockdown. As I am a part time TA and lunch supervisor, I am still going into work, however, only 3 days a week instead of 5 days. Going into school yesterday, it was so quiet - only 17 children out of the usual 170 odd. The kids were being very good, though some of the littlies were upset and missing their parents. It's really really strange for them. We are all trying to keep them occupied and feeling positive.
    My husband is working from home and has been from last week and I'm home schooling our two kids.
    There is a British Body coach called Joe Wicks who is running a live stream at 9am GMT (but the stream will be available later in the day) to help kids exercising. If you have kids, I really recommend it - hell, even if you don't, it's a great way to get moving!

Thanks for the tip! I will try that app!!

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for sharing good stuff, and bad stuff - both are important :)
    There will always be people who do not care/do not realize and there are lessons to be learned from this, by us all.

Which reminds me it is time for another virtual group hug! <3
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Virtual hugs require being virtually closer than 6 feet. ;) But I'll send out a virtual Vulcan salute. 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing good stuff, and bad stuff - both are important :)
    There will always be people who do not care/do not realize and there are lessons to be learned from this, by us all.

Which reminds me it is time for another virtual group hug! <3

Count me in on that! STT hands across the world!!

• Options
    Hello @Emperor Borg Drone yes I am :D I joined fairly recently after a 6 month absence from the game. I don't tend to post very often!

Our fleet is not very talkative, so I mostly post on here :D The last message in the fleet chat must be from 2 weeks ago!
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Or the fact that I may recover from it but someone I give it to may not. Some people are just so me, me, me

I just read in another thread that he makes you work while you're sick. I would get snipped if I said what I think of him but I'm sorry that you have to go through this :(

I'll stop derailing the thread now and join in the group hug/Vulcan salute :#<3
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our fleet is not very talkative, so I mostly post on here :D The last message in the fleet chat must be from 2 weeks ago!

I just read in another thread that he makes you work while you're sick. I would get snipped if I said what I think of him but I'm sorry that you have to go through this :(

I'll stop derailing the thread now and join in the group hug/Vulcan salute :#<3

The way I see it, this thread is here to talk about what you feel you need to talk through. Believe me, I have some choice words I would like to say to him, but those at home are counting on me and I can’t risk letting them down. It’s very tough on everyone so I feel I must do what I must do and not rock the boat for them.

• Options
    fntridhy7gle.jpg
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s getting more and more eerie coming to work. Passed about two cars on the road. On a normal workday.
  • Options
    Virtual hugs from meeeee!
  • Options
    I went into the office yesterday and was told I could stay. But said I was just picking up a few things. on a teleconference later we were told the building is now closed, and that only certain people are allowed in, on 2 days of the week. I am now on vacation as I don't have what I need to telework. But will be doing teleconferences with my teammates anyway. My wife is in Retail, at one of the stores that has groceries. They gave here an essential worker letter yesterday.

Washington state is no on a shelter in place order.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay at home order just hit us this morning. Fortunately I can work remote.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad you guys are able to keep your paychecks coming in
  • Options
    Got an email from the CEO this morning. The legal department has determined that we qualify as an essential business. We have some restrictions, but it will work out. I can only pray for others.
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    7qw8m3lsv205.jpg
    kpubt71sxd6h.jpg
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »
    7qw8m3lsv205.jpg
    kpubt71sxd6h.jpg

I remember seeing him saying this. I am a HUGE Mr. Rogers fan. There has never been nor will there ever be anyone like him.

• Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    7qw8m3lsv205.jpg
    kpubt71sxd6h.jpg

I remember seeing him saying this. I am a HUGE Mr. Rogers fan. There has never been nor will there ever be anyone like him.

Yeah, he was pretty special. We need more people like him nowadays.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7qw8m3lsv205.jpg
    kpubt71sxd6h.jpg

Yeah, he was pretty special. We need more people like him nowadays.

Nowadays and always

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got a text from our phone provider.

Unlimited calls & 6 gigabytes of extra data through May 23rd.

My last PT was yesterday, for six to eight weeks. They are only doing post+surgical patients now. I have about ten to twelve exercises I can do at home.

Almost nobody on the bus yesterday. People seem to be staying in without a lockdown, so far. Everyone yesterday had somewhere legitimate to be. Bus is fare free until at least April 30th.

Our governor shut down all schools and non essential government agencies until the end of the school year. DMV is closed. Hopefully, anyone who is about to have their license or plates expire can renew online.

People seem to be more together than aggressive. Seen a lot of unusually polite driving the past week. We will get through this. As a group and a team. Hoomans united!!!!!!
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will get through this. As a group and a team. Hoomans united!!!!!!

Hear, hear :)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got a text from our phone provider.

Unlimited calls & 6 gigabytes of extra data through May 23rd.

My last PT was yesterday, for six to eight weeks. They are only doing post+surgical patients now. I have about ten to twelve exercises I can do at home.

Almost nobody on the bus yesterday. People seem to be staying in without a lockdown, so far. Everyone yesterday had somewhere legitimate to be. Bus is fare free until at least April 30th.

Our governor shut down all schools and non essential government agencies until the end of the school year. DMV is closed. Hopefully, anyone who is about to have their license or plates expire can renew online.

People seem to be more together than aggressive. Seen a lot of unusually polite driving the past week. We will get through this. As a group and a team. Hoomans united!!!!!!

I’ve noticed that too. Instead of being rude and curt people seem to be helpful to and understanding of each other. I’m finding this very comforting

• Options
    I’m stuck in a temporary “self-isolation” from my work on a military base in South Korea after being at the same place at the same time as a person who tested positive.

South Korea was one of the first hot spots outside of China and their government has initiated pretty strict measures to keep the outbreaks isolated, but there are always a few cases that slip through. Some thought things were improving and eased up on the restrictions and the virus began to spread again.

My advice is to take extra precautions and don’t try to rush back into normal life when things start to get better or we will all be back to our social distancing. Take advantage of that time to run some more Voyages, collect some chrons, and duke it out in the Arena.

And I’m still trying to figure out what was going through the heads of my fellow Americans with the toilet paper shenanigans. 😂
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major_Gee wrote: »
    I’m stuck in a temporary “self-isolation” from my work on a military base in South Korea after being at the same place at the same time as a person who tested positive.

South Korea was one of the first hot spots outside of China and their government has initiated pretty strict measures to keep the outbreaks isolated, but there are always a few cases that slip through. Some thought things were improving and eased up on the restrictions and the virus began to spread again.

My advice is to take extra precautions and don’t try to rush back into normal life when things start to get better or we will all be back to our social distancing. Take advantage of that time to run some more Voyages, collect some chrons, and duke it out in the Arena.

And I’m still trying to figure out what was going through the heads of my fellow Americans with the toilet paper shenanigans. 😂

d8v0v01uu0r1.jpeg
  • Options
    Major_Gee wrote: »

Funnily enough we didn't have that problem in Italy for weeks, until we started seeing articles about toilet paper scarcity in Germany, the UK and the US. Now people are stockpiling it here too, or at least they do that when buying from online portals. I'll have to leave the house just to buy toilet paper, because it's the only thing I can't seem to get a home delivery for :neutral:

• Options

Funnily enough we didn't have that problem in Italy for weeks, until we started seeing articles about toilet paper scarcity in Germany, the UK and the US. Now people are stockpiling it here too, or at least they do that when buying from online portals. I'll have to leave the house just to buy toilet paper, because it's the only thing I can't seem to get a home delivery for :neutral:

Glad we are such great trend-setters! The truly smart people are all out stockpiling guns, ammo, cigarettes, and alcohol.
  • Options
    In all seriousness, when this is over (not before), I'm going to make sure my family has at least a month's worth of supplies. We had that before this happened because we had just done some major shopping (good timing, I suppose) and we buy a month of supplies at a time. But if this had hit a week earlier, we would be less amused by the "toilet paper shenanigans." I seriously believe that we should all (slowly and not at the same time) build up a small reserve so that when issues come up again, we will.have enough for our families and some to help our neighbors.