Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Galactic Series (re-run) - 04/02

Comments

• Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone suggested any of the following Traits forNhan?

Pilot
    Investigator
    Tactician
    Resourceful
    Jury Rigger
    Duelist
    Brutal

You got one!

I'm guessing that's going to be the Recurring Trait. She is the only Barzan, and Federation or Starfleet would be a HUGE pool........

My money's definitely on Cyberneticist for the recurring trait. Anyone care to wager?
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »

My money's definitely on Cyberneticist for the recurring trait.

Yeah, full stake bet on that!

• Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyberneticist... So Nhan will only be relevant for part 1 of the Mega. :/ Should be easy to get her then?

Right, and not only because she’s a reward in a flashback event.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Pilot
    Investigator
    Tactician
    Resourceful
    Jury Rigger
    Duelist
    Brutal

You got one!

I'm guessing that's going to be the Recurring Trait. She is the only Barzan, and Federation or Starfleet would be a HUGE pool........

My money's definitely on Cyberneticist for the recurring trait. Anyone care to wager?

If it is a Picard mega then Picard and Number One would have to be bonus. My money is on civilian trait.

satupcirj3jv.png
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭

Pilot
    Investigator
    Tactician
    Resourceful
    Jury Rigger
    Duelist
    Brutal

You got one!

If it is a Picard mega then Picard and Number One would have to be bonus. My money is on civilian trait.

Ok, I'll take that bet! Shall we say, $100?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mega-event has been announced :)
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

On behalf of everyone who held off on All-Access subscriptions until the first season of Picard was complete, thanks to the team for waiting until April for the Picard mega. And thanks to everyone who has watched the show for keeping spoilers to their designated locations!

I haven’t yet started watching the show myself (I only just made it into season 5 of Vikings last night) but I definitely will in time for next week’s event.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Yes, some know/knew Shan :p Hence nice winning bets for those - and a cool story for the coming mega as bonus. Looking forward to it B)
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...Nhan's only event value next month will be in the Featured Crew during the week 1 Galaxy event? And the week after that, I'll need more chronitons for half a Skirmish? Yeah, y'all have fun in Phase 2 this weekend.
  • Options
    Definitely shocked by this pull I just got. And of course the two pulls after this were Rom each time 😂

aepwpwej3uwu.png

q224i04rna9j.jpg
  • Options
    A Discovery Picard mega is cool. I am curious if Discovery and Picard crew members will all be bonus or just those that are cyberneticist?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Discovery Picard mega is cool. I am curious if Discovery and Picard crew members will all be bonus or just those that are cyberneticist?

Announcement makes it look like Cyberneticist only. New crew will probably be mostly (if not all) Picard and Discovery cast, if I understand the announcement correctly.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

Announcement makes it look like Cyberneticist only. New crew will probably be mostly (if not all) Picard and Discovery cast, if I understand the announcement correctly.

Yep looked that way which would be sad for Picard and Number One as he would not be bonus in the mega but good for my Professor Moriarty that I immortalized recently.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    And the week after that, I'll need more chronitons for half a Skirmish? Yeah, y'all have fun in Phase 2 this weekend.

Thanks, I will have some. And so you can have some 2 I will gladly lend you some of my hundreds of thousands Chroniton reserve...

• Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely shocked by this pull I just got. And of course the two pulls after this were Rom each time 😂

aepwpwej3uwu.png

Duuuuuuuuude.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

aepwpwej3uwu.png

Extremely cool! Grats!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    First time that’s ever happened to me on an event pull.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

On behalf of everyone who held off on All-Access subscriptions until the first season of Picard was complete, thanks to the team for waiting until April for the Picard mega. And thanks to everyone who has watched the show for keeping spoilers to their designated locations!

I haven’t yet started watching the show myself (I only just made it into season 5 of Vikings last night) but I definitely will in time for next week’s event.

Even as someone who watched every episode as it came out (I was actually awake at 3 AM for nine of the ten episodes), I appreciate the withholding. I think it was a lesson learned from the Discovery: A New Anomaly mega-event, when the narrative was rendered, uh, different from what we were seeing in the episodes that aired that month. Plus, I've had time to develop thoughts and feelings about these characters, so they'll have some meaning and I'll know why I should be excited about them as they debut.

As for the containment of spoilers, I think one key difference between Discovery and Picard is that Discovery is so hellbent on springing surprises that it's really hard to say much about any given episode without stumbling on something. Picard has some big things happen, too, but there's enough story between those things that it can be more safely talked about. My hope is that going forward, Discovery will have a cleaner narrative like Picard and also cleaner language than Picard. Seriously, every single new character except Elnor would be at least suspended if not banned from this forum.

[Edited to correct Elnor's name after having originally transposed the n and r.]
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭

aepwpwej3uwu.png

Look at those schematics, what a lucky pull :)
  • Options

Even as someone who watched every episode as it came out (I was actually awake at 3 AM for nine of the ten episodes), I appreciate the withholding. I think it was a lesson learned from the Discovery: A New Anomaly mega-event, when the narrative was rendered, uh, different from what we were seeing in the episodes that aired that month. Plus, I've had time to develop thoughts and feelings about these characters, so they'll have some meaning and I'll know why I should be excited about them as they debut.

As for the containment of spoilers, I think one key difference between Discovery and Picard is that Discovery is so hellbent on springing surprises that it's really hard to say much about any given episode without stumbling on something. Picard has some big things happen, too, but there's enough story between those things that it can be more safely talked about. My hope is that going forward, Discovery will have a cleaner narrative like Picard and also cleaner language than Picard. Seriously, every single new character except Elron would be at least suspended if not banned from this forum.

You believe Picard had a cleaner narrative? I guess there was less going on in Picard but many of the things throughout the season played no part in the finale and the villains’ motivations made no sense. Admiral Picard had no urgency the whole season even though lives were at stake. He just sort of would meander from world to world talking to everyone he met. I think the crew are good now that they have pulled themselves together and season 2 will be good but it took them ten episodes to do what Discovery did in four.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    No spoiler tag?
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Hoping to get Bruce Maddox (Picard) and/or Jurati with ENG primary and SCI secondary (MED if we are lucky) and cyberneticist trait during the mega!
  • Options
    No chroniton sale for phase 2? What's going on here?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Delayed?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

Delayed?

I already waited to see, if it might get put up together with the Dabo Wheel, but no. Nothing yet.
  • Options
    Hello Tilting Point, what's going on here, are you just going all out wrong? The Diplomat Deluge going wrong and now no offers for chronitons, If so why not communicate this. You are leaving your community with loads of questions. Please get your mind straigtened out, so we can decide if we want to get on with this game. At this moment I don't know what I want to do with Star Trek Timelines, the switch from DB to TP is certainly not going smoothly.