Home The Bridge
Options

June Mega reoccuring.

Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
So who is it going to be.

The logical answer (for me) is Kes, but we already have Temporal Shift Kes.

Most of the other crew are main crew, and spaced about in time. Paris is a Grandfather, but later in the episode is with Torres. Andrew is out because he is a child.

Linnis is a possibility, but I don't remember the episode, so don't know what her skills were (apart from the Science uniform mentioned on memory alpha.)

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Linnis_Paris

Comments

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kes from some other stage of her life would still work despite Temporal Shift Kes already existing. Aside from her, the only one I could see would be Doctor Van Gogh. Captain Chakotay and Linnis ought to be two of the new 4*'s. After the four of them, I can't see any new crew of note coming from that episode. That's five other new crew slots that almost certainly have to come from outside that episode.

I'm not sure y'all really thought this one through.
  • Options
    Madman1Madman1 ✭✭✭
    Kes from some other stage of her life would still work despite Temporal Shift Kes already existing. Aside from her, the only one I could see would be Doctor Van Gogh. Captain Chakotay and Linnis ought to be two of the new 4*'s. After the four of them, I can't see any new crew of note coming from that episode. That's five other new crew slots that almost certainly have to come from outside that episode.

As long as we get Doctor Van Gogh then I'll be a happy camper.

I agree the idea of it being alternate future/past crew playing on the Before and After title is a possibility. If so Alternate Future Kes is a possibility (as distinct from Fury Kes), and maybe Red Angel Burnham as an out of left field suggestion.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I also expect a general Alternate Future versions mega. If Kes was the recurring mega legendary that would be great. There aren't many version of her in the game and she'd have to have MED, probably at least as a secondary skill, which is always useful.
  • Options
    I could see a mix of Alternate Future and younger versions of crew, tying into both directions of the ep.

Maybe cadet versions of various crew, as we were introduced to Cadet Picard recently, so maybe he'll be a new card? Could dovetail nicely with a new Cadet Collection (at 4* and 5* we already have Locarno and Wesley), and a new AF collection.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just going to throw this out there... I think the last player survey mega event was August. I don't expect the Voyager mega event to happen in June. Maybe @Travis S McClain can check that for me.

Also, I like all the main cast variants that @Bylo Band mentioned. Hope we get most or all of them. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    @Prime Lorca [10FH] June indeed. Quite short time for development if you ask me unless they have it half-done in the drawer.

r4fsthedwj79.jpeg
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the vein of “stupid characters to add” thread, how about Embryo Kes? 😃
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooooh, we should get Krenim Fighters/Warships now!

I liked Kes most in that episode, but I didn't really like the actress for most of the rest of the series. I would be down for this version of Kes for the recurring.

Definitely want Ready Room Janeway, but how many 4* coffees would we have to build?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    EnderW wrote: »

And now the philosophical debate on whether that is a child or not

Being an Ocampa, she was probably already a toddler depending on how many cells had divided.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

Being an Ocampa, she was probably already a toddler depending on how many cells had divided.

What was the life span they mentioned. But I am not sure they stuck to it. I probably am off, but off the top of my head 2 years(got to be wrong)
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

What was the life span they mentioned. But I am not sure they stuck to it. I probably am off, but off the top of my head 2 years(got to be wrong)

9 years was the given age, however the smattering of Ocampa living on Susperia's array claimed they were able to live well beyond 9. Tanis, one of Susperia's followers (and played by Gary Graham) claimed his father lived to be 20.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

9 years was the given age, however the smattering of Ocampa living on Susperia's array claimed they were able to live well beyond 9. Tanis, one of Susperia's followers (and played by Gary Graham) claimed his father lived to be 20.

Yeah, one can't really apply standard reasoning of what is considered a child, going by the viewpoint of the human race. This brings to my mind the opposite situation: 'Baby Yoda', aka 'The Child', on The Mandalorian — and not putting this in spoilers since it's been all over the Internet for months — is stated to be 50 years old, but very much a young toddler in development.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks you answered it all for me.

I knew I had to be off. But the others Ocampas you mentioned was what I was thinking about when I said they might not have stuck to it.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »

Grandpa Tom Paris
    Married Harry Kim
    Linnis Paris
    Banaren (Kes' father)
    Martis (Kes' mother)
    Old AF Kes
    Bomb Defusing Seven of Nine
    Operations Officer Neelix
    Captain Chakotay
    Doctor Van Gogh
    Ready Room Janeway

I’m here for “Old AF Kes”

Good one @Bylo Band made me snicker.

Don't matter what Tipping Point calls her. You know this is going to be her player name........

I'ma throw out:

Red Angel Janeway.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

Yeah, one can't really apply standard reasoning of what is considered a child, going by the viewpoint of the human race. This brings to my mind the opposite situation: 'Baby Yoda', aka 'The Child', on The Mandalorian — and not putting this in spoilers since it's been all over the Internet for months — is stated to be 50 years old, but very much a young toddler in development.

I was being flippant about the embryo-is-a-toddler thing. But since you bring up the disparity between the aging of people of different species, it's weird enough for a non-Ocampan to get involved with one. But Harry Kim, who would surely have been like an uncle to Linnis for only four of his years, is just straight up creepy.
  • Options
    I think this could be a good Mega to introduce Miral Paris into the game as a 4 star
  • Options
    Kind of interesting that {understandably} Kes is "the most likely suspect" for the Recurring and for other versions because of the nature of the episode. And no one is saying "Kes should not be in the game" because of what the actor playing her did after she was on the show. And people get really vocal about Will Decker should never be in the game, because of the things Stephen Collins did or was accused of after he was in TMP. Just curious why no one draws parallels between the two.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Kind of interesting that {understandably} Kes is "the most likely suspect" for the Recurring and for other versions because of the nature of the episode. And no one is saying "Kes should not be in the game" because of what the actor playing her did after she was on the show. And people get really vocal about Will Decker should never be in the game, because of the things Stephen Collins did or was accused of after he was in TMP. Just curious why no one draws parallels between the two.

Jennifer Lien’s problems seemed to stem from mental health problems, which I think people tend to be more sympathetic about. Stephen Collins on the other hand... I certainly find him revolting and appreciate that I don’t have to look at him every day in this game.

Well, repeatedly exposing herself {reportedly} to minors does seem kind of bad.

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

Jennifer Lien’s problems seemed to stem from mental health problems, which I think people tend to be more sympathetic about. Stephen Collins on the other hand... I certainly find him revolting and appreciate that I don’t have to look at him every day in this game.

Well, repeatedly exposing herself {reportedly} to minors does seem kind of bad.

It is bad, but I see some differences:

1) Lien apparently had some sort of meltdown. She exposed herself repeatedly to her neighbors, who had children with them, during one argument. This is how it was described in the first article I found:
    A neighbor of Lien’s made a complaint to police after Lien began a tirade due to a crying child, and during her tirade, exposed her breasts and buttocks. The neighbor stated that she had three children in the yard while this was happening.

According to a Roane County Sheriff’s Office report, when police appeared on Sept. 3 with a warrant, Lien was not wearing clothes and resisted arrest.

2) Lien apparently had serious mental health issues.

3) Collins allegedly didn't just expose himself to minors (while he was alone with them), he went further than that. I don't know if the forum rules allow me to post a description of what he was accused of and what he admitted to, but you can easily find articles and interviews about it.

4) Lien was held responsible and faced legal consequences for what she did.

I can understand if someone doesn't want to see her in the game because of it, but I don't think it's really comparable to what Collins did.
    This!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Anyone know who’s kids she exposed herself to? Were they her own?? Or someone else’s? Cause honestly as a woman myself, I fail to see how this is considered indecent exposure if she was at home and it was her own children.... it’s absurd the sexism in this country.... almost as bad as the woman in Utah who was charged by the state for those same charges because her and her husband were remodeling their home and was so hot and working with fiber glass, that both parents striped nude to work and their kids saw them.... the state didn’t charge the man but only the woman! So I’m curious about Jennifer Lien.... not saying she doesn’t have mental health issues, but I’m questioning the indecent exposure as BS.... people should be able to be nude in their home if they want to be.... what they do in their home is their own business.... don’t peer into people’s homes, if you see something you don’t want to see, that sounds like a ”you problem” and not the persons inside the house problem.... #stopsexism #freethenipple
    Fleet - Omega Molecules
    lv 94 - 600+ immortalized w/ 572 unique - 15 collections max level - VIP14 - Missing 17 1/4 SR characters.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Anyone know who’s kids she exposed herself to? Were they her own?? Or someone else’s? Cause honestly as a woman myself, I fail to see how this is considered indecent exposure if she was at home and it was her own children.... it’s absurd the sexism in this country.... almost as bad as the woman in Utah who was charged by the state for those same charges because her and her husband were remodeling their home and was so hot and working with fiber glass, that both parents striped nude to work and their kids saw them.... the state didn’t charge the man but only the woman! So I’m curious about Jennifer Lien.... not saying she doesn’t have mental health issues, but I’m questioning the indecent exposure as BS.... people should be able to be nude in their home if they want to be.... what they do in their home is their own business.... don’t peer into people’s homes, if you see something you don’t want to see, that sounds like a ”you problem” and not the persons inside the house problem.... #stopsexism #freethenipple

I’m sure you can look it up on the internet for details. I can totally agree with you on one thing there. I say it to my wife all the time. “That’s your problem, not mine”

• Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

EDIT: I've read the article again and I think that you're probably right and she was just shouting at her neighbors while wearing no clothes and not exposing parts of her body intentionally. Which makes it even more different from Collins' story.
    But it's still an inappropriate thing to do. I wouldn't want my neighbors to come out naked of their homes to start a fight with me, even less if I had children.

EDIT2: I found another article and it looks like she was actually accused of exposing herself intentionally during an argument with her neighbor, where the neighbor's kids could have been able to see her. Still very different from Collins' story.

And the thing that happened in Utah is crazy and very unfair to the woman, but that's another different situation that doesn't seem to have much in common with either of those mentioned here.

I will now stop reading up on these things and commenting in this thread :#

Then again, I don't know what exactly is considered indecent exposure in the US and I have no idea if just being naked in your home might count as such. Here, if you intentionally show your buttocks to your neighbors you will definitely get into trouble, but if you walk around the house naked (which my neighbors do in the summer and they have two children) police would probably laugh if they were called for something like that.