Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Constellations - 04/09 - Mega-Event Part 1

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in The Bridge
Event Name: Constellations
Event Type: Galaxy Event
Event Crew: EV Suit Nhan 5* (New), Raffi Musiker 4* (New), and Lt. Commander Airiam 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 04/09 until Monday 04/13 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Rewards
5*: Elnor (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 04/16.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: Soji 5* (New)

Event Faction: Romulan, Federation, Section 31

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew, as well as Soji
• small bonus: variants of Airiam, and crew with the Cyberneticist trait.

Comments

• Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh man oh man can Elnor be the one-skill Scotty of SEC?

giphy.gif

thanks as always for the notice Shan, guess it's time to finally watch episode 10!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh man oh man can Elnor be the one-skill Scotty of SEC?

giphy.gif

thanks as always for the notice Shan, guess it's time to finally watch episode 10!

1 skill Sec to match McCoy's stats...I would be up for that :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    Cool but this is going to be brutal :)
  • Options
    Yeah I might sit this whole Mega out 😂
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crew I want and 4 stars on Raffi, nice.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me [AUS] wrote: »
    Cool but this is going to be brutal :)

Brutal is ok, just don't say the word that must not be spoken.......(BB) :o
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, Raffi Musiker... SEC/ENG/CMD?

I'm afraid SEC only may be right on the money for Elnor.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Well good thing I've been farming.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm ... I don't really see Raffi getting the cyberneticist trait ... guess an easy freeze then? ... not sure how "mega-event" she and Nhan will feel with only one week of use in 'em.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I see Raffi or Elnor with the cyberneticist trait. Seems like the mismatch of theme and bonus crew could turn this mega into a dud.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'm not sure I see Raffi or Elnor with the cyberneticist trait. Seems like the mismatch of theme and bonus crew could turn this mega into a dud.

It could highly disadvantage newer captains at the benefit of established rosters. I mean, I stand to gain by having more bonus crew, but I don't want it to be at the expense of discouraging new captains.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

It could highly disadvantage newer captains at the benefit of established rosters. I mean, I stand to gain by having more bonus crew, but I don't want it to be at the expense of discouraging new captains.

I have plenty of cybernetisits, I'll be fine. But one thing I like about a mega is a feeling that the crew you accumulate are all helping out for the month and your bonus pool grows. Now I'm thinking why bother? These are effectively normal events with the same bonus crew from week to week.
  • Options
    Depending on his skills I waive goodbye to my chrons lol
  • Options

I have plenty of cybernetisits, I'll be fine. But one thing I like about a mega is a feeling that the crew you accumulate are all helping out for the month and your bonus pool grows. Now I'm thinking why bother? These are effectively normal events with the same bonus crew from week to week.

One thing I suspect is that there will be future mega events where Picard crew will be bonus throughout. I would hate to miss out on the first crop to be added to the game. Won't hurt my feelings if competition is low, but I think a lot on the forum look at the long game. :) Or they just like the series or cast of the series.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Self Sealing should bow out now after this weeks pulls.
  • Options
    Raffi Musiker, skill set:

Smoking some weird vape, getting drunk on what is clearly not synthehol, and ruining a shot at getting to know her son because she’s whacked out on the above two.

Welcome to the dystopian tragedy <snip> ~Shan that is now Star Trek.

Yeah it's definitely not Roddenberry's Star Trek.... don't know if as a kid i would have been attracted to yet another "oh look we are all going to die " show ....
  • Options
    About the show: Not what i did expect, especially when you have read a lot of Star Trek-Literature and have played Star Trek Online for years. I will still watch the second season, of course.

Eagerly awaiting the start of this Mega-event.
    Soji will be a top!! addition to my roster :)
    tQ1h8s1hoND0jfcR6vLPENuYi0Q.jpg
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raffi Musiker, skill set:

Smoking some weird vape, getting drunk on what is clearly not synthehol, and ruining a shot at getting to know her son because she’s whacked out on the above two.

Welcome to the dystopian tragedy <snip> ~Shan that is now Star Trek.

Yeah it's definitely not Roddenberry's Star Trek.... don't know if as a kid i would have been attracted to yet another "oh look we are all going to die " show ....
    Except for all those "oh look we are all going to die" episodes and movies.

As for Raffi, are people supposed to no longer have troubled personal lives in the 24th century?

TMP
    TWoK
    TVH

Three of the six movies with the TOS crew had "We're All Gonna Die" plot elements.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

As for Raffi, are people supposed to no longer have troubled personal lives in the 24th century?

Exactly, I’ve never believed the humans are perfect unless the plot needs them to be stories. It should be a goal they are trying to achieve but never reach.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly, I’ve never believed the humans are perfect unless the plot needs them to be stories. It should be a goal they are trying to achieve but never reach.

The journey is the story. Once we reach perfection, where is the drama and such to make an interesting story?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭

But that wasn’t Roddenberry’s ST. In HIS vision, humanity HAD achieved that level of evolution. The writers team for TNG was very unhappy about the direction Roddenberry wanted them to go because of the lack of personal strife. Hard to write compelling kumbaya stories.
  • Options
    Pillar called it Roddenberry's box. They found a way to write around it. I believe the new show does too, to some extent.
  • Options

"Roddenberry's" Star Trek cannot be applied to any of the series'

Maybe Phase 2 would have been, but TOS was the result of several writers, TNG was originally controlled by various hangers-on as Roddenberry was ill, and after that Roddenberry's influence was whatever anyone said it was.

Now many would say Trek should be aspirational - what wasn't aspirational about Picard?

An entire class of life had been stripped of its right to exist, a retired Starfleet Admiral had tried to fill decades of regret and guilt, two other members of Starfleet had lost their way.

By the final ep, the synths had regained those rights, Picard had faced his regrets and failures, Rios had come to terms to the event that made him turn his back on Starfleet and Raffi had found a measure of peace.

I have a number of issues with both DISCO and PIC, just as I have with every other Trek series and movie. None could be described as completely perfect, and none can be described as entirely unworthy.
  • Options
    But that wasn’t Roddenberry’s ST. In HIS vision, humanity HAD achieved that level of evolution.

Lt. Stiles disagrees.