Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Constellations - 04/09 - Mega-Event Part 1

Comments

• Options
    love how none of the event characters have the “featured” trait of cyberneticist :smiley:

That is worse for new players. For me, the mega is a chroniton mega and so I don't need a lot of crew.

i know but the point is that during a picard/disco/cyberneticist mega, you think you’d have crew with that trait :wink:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    love how none of the event characters have the “featured” trait of cyberneticist :smiley:

That is worse for new players. For me, the mega is a chroniton mega and so I don't need a lot of crew.

i know but the point is that during a picard/disco/cyberneticist mega, you think you’d have crew with that trait :wink:

I wonder if other traits will receive bonuses in the Faction and Hybrid events that fixes that problem...Gambler, Romulan, or whatever...and if not, perhaps TP will see our displeasure in the form of falling sales and/or limited event engagement.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event notes are up - thank you for your patience!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if other traits will receive bonuses in the Faction and Hybrid events that fixes that problem...Gambler, Romulan, or whatever...and if not, perhaps TP will see our displeasure in the form of falling sales and/or limited event engagement.

I feel that the Cyberneticist group of crew is pretty decent and well rounded ... I've got good options for all but SCI in 5*s (though SCI crew are available) ... so there's not really a need to add even more crew into the mix through more traits ... And with it all ending on a Skirmish I don't really care to have a ton of bonus crew.

For me, it will probably feel like running 4 single events that have been randomly bundled into a mega event. Will make it easier to just bow out after thresholds.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soji Asha 5* (New)
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: DIP 1022 (136-294), SCI 498 (82-182), MED 1297 (192-423)
    Traits: Android, Counselor, Xenoanthropology, Romantic, Human, Civilian
  • Options
    Looks like Soji will be the top 7th MED base crew. Not bad. Not great though. Looks like she’s a weaker version of God Q with DIP switched for SCI as the secondary
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Soji will be the top 7th MED base crew. Not bad. Not great though. Looks like she’s a weaker version of God Q with DIP switched for SCI as the secondary

She's got more event potential than Q as "God" so I'm ok with the slight depreciation in voyage numbers.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ST:Picard crew should have been bonus all mega, that being said Soji is a solid card and I'm not complaining about her at all.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

She is the best voyages crew with MED/DIP combo(MED as main skill). ;)

Q has lesser voyages total status, and even for the 2 main skills only,
    the total is lower.
    b8rvj60ehp8i.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Human Airiam is on the Ranked rewards table as a 3*!

I always like a new 2 🌟/3 🌟 in the Events. And I have been hoping for a pre-crash Airiam.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    CloneClone ✭✭✭
    The choices of traits and skills so far make me wonder why the company isn't watching the show before making the characters. It feels like a repeat of the first Discovery mega-event.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    woah, had to make room for 4 to join the crew. quite an event!
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    My weekly mock-up of the ranked event crew. (Reg can't decide which fantasy he wants to indulge in...)

lx53vfvsfzwm.jpg

I'd kill that Elf with his own finger to get closer to the gorgeous Airiam!!!!!

🤓🖖👍🖖🤓
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    My weekly mock-up of the ranked event crew. (Reg can't decide which fantasy he wants to indulge in...)

lx53vfvsfzwm.jpg

I'd kill that Elf with his own finger to get closer to the gorgeous Airiam!!!!!

🤓🖖👍🖖🤓

I don’t think it looks anything like her. I know 2 different actresses have played her though, so maybe I’m thinking of the other actress.
  • Options
    The art on this is kinda...oof

rrhg4wjlmdit.png

It just seems a little bit wrong, for some reason. Not sure what is happening in it that is making it "off", however.

It's been weeks since I watched Season Two the last time. Was she carrying her shoes when she was on the beach in the memory video? I don't think that is what is tickling my Wrong-O-Meter. Just curious about it.

I think that awesome art is entirely possible for lower Rarity Crew. Betrothed Kamala and Losira are five 🌟 quality. Beautiful 😍 cards.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clone wrote: »
    The choices of traits and skills so far make me wonder why the company isn't watching the show before making the characters. It feels like a repeat of the first Discovery mega-event.

Yeah, civilian trait would have worked better for Picard. Not even sure who would qualify for cybernetics on Discovery if Airiam is not even a cyberneticist.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Yeah, civilian trait would have worked better for Picard. Not even sure who would qualify for cybernetics on Discovery if Airiam is not even a cyberneticist.

Wouldn't Airiam be more of a "patient", than a provider?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s how I see it. I mean, it’s not like cybernetics as a field was all that developed in the 23rd century anyway. If we ever get a non-canon child/grandchild of Arik Soong or a non-canon Young Ira Graves I suppose it could be done, but beyond that the only ones that really come to mind might be Flint, Norman, or Roger Korby (and none at all from Discovery). And even then, Norman feels like a bit of a stretch.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the size of the bonus pool, my #6 MED going into this week's event will be Commando Crusher. Being a Galaxy event, she won't be necessary to thaw. But if we get a lot of MED slots in the faction phase next week, she's on pace to be my #10 and I may consider it. That's... unexpected.
  • Options

That’s how I see it. I mean, it’s not like cybernetics as a field was all that developed in the 23rd century anyway. If we ever get a non-canon child/grandchild of Arik Soong or a non-canon Young Ira Graves I suppose it could be done, but beyond that the only ones that really come to mind might be Flint, Norman, or Roger Korby (and none at all from Discovery). And even then, Norman feels like a bit of a stretch.

The field of cybernetics was actually going strong in the 23rd century, according to ST canon. Dr. Arik Soong spent the latter part of the 22nd century applying his considerable genius to the science, and was followed by two (unnamed) generations who did the same. By the close of the 23rd century, Arik's great-grandson Noonien became famous for refining the artificial neural technology already developed by his fathers...giving birth to the positronic brain. But as cool as Data & Lore would eventually be, IMHO the most exciting leaps in cybernetics were happening in the early/mid 23rd century. That's when the real groundwork was being laid for everything from bio-electronics to sentient AI's. The Soongs are in no small way responsible for later technologies we take for granted: Tuvok's prosthetic elbow, Picard's artificial heart, La Forge's bionic eyes, etc.
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options
    I think cybernetics are already much more along than most people realize, even today.

Absolutely
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options
    BTW, Moppy is a 4 🌟 200% Sledgehammer. Non-Conditional.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

I think they went from making fan-service content to metagame servicing choices. A bit disappointing when you're just here because you like the shows but I guess that they have a list of traits they want to populate and another list of traits on the brink of being unusable for events, which is why Soji isn't an underdover operative but a counselor instead.

I suppose there's the next step of chosing two crowded traits such as cards with both Civilian and Brutal but that would require quite a bit of work in terms of UI and they have been quite rare lately as they're supposedly still working on this.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The art on this is kinda...oof

rrhg4wjlmdit.png

It just seems a little bit wrong, for some reason. Not sure what is happening in it that is making it "off", however.

It's been weeks since I watched Season Two the last time. Was she carrying her shoes when she was on the beach in the memory video? I don't think that is what is tickling my Wrong-O-Meter. Just curious about it.

So that's definitely Hannah Cheesman (who played Airiam starting in the 2nd season), rather than Sara Mitich (who played Airiam in season one, and who later played Lieutenant Nilsson in season two). Here are Mitich and Cheesman, respectively...

j383jg6n1hep.jpg

But yeah, I don't recall that they showed her on the beach other than in her cyber-memory in the episode "Project Daedalus" (Season 2, Episode 9), which looked like this...

0pljh49qqab9.jpg

...and which I'm almost certain never included a shot of her alone nor a full body shot of her. I may be forgetting a scene from a different episode, or it's possible that they cobbled this together just based on that medium close-up shown above. But I don't think that would explain why the artwork looks off, since it's the face which, imo, doesn't quite look accurate.

However, I'm actually more bothered by the artwork for Elnor. It's not terrible, per se, I think he just looks completely lifeless.

I wonder if they've been forced to work with some different artists what with the current quarantine going on, and if that accounts for the weird pasted-on hair for Raffi, Airiam's face that doesn't quite resemble the actress, and the lack of "magic" (for lack of a better word) with Elnor's depiction.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, I'm actually more bothered by the artwork for Elnor. It's not terrible, per se, I think he just looks completely lifeless.

His face is serene. By itself, it's fine. The problem is that in context of that pose, it looks more like he just sprang into action but lost his train of thought. "Please, my friends, choose... Choose... Choo-choos? Hold on. It'll come to me."
  • Options
    I think that in the pic that they used as reference for Airiam it's clear that she's squinting her eyes because of the wind (and possibly sun?) on the seaside. In the art there's no context, which makes it look like a weird expression.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Well I'm quite happy about this turn of events:
    1) Elnor 2 Skills so even though Space Elf would be fun to have I'm just not going to compete. This in turn means no need to level Raffi either as she is not going to provide bonus other than this event. so I'll just save her for the full or partial skirmish event.
    2) Even Soji I can delay leveling because the Hybrid is a skirmish end so the faction part is not really essential so I can just do my leveling for her in Phase 2 of the next event. Meaning I can save on tokens/boosts as well for Event 3 full on faction event (assuming Akimbo Seven will be the rank reward that event, they do like a faction bloodbath). Leaving Skirmish for farming resources and levelling up any 4/4s from the mega that weren't needed in the event.
    This is going to be a very light mega. except during the Skirmish parts, I can live with that.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO