Home The Bridge

Vulcan Collection Pack

124»

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    Once I separated personal emotion from the specific issue, what @AviTrek said last really does hit the nail on the head.

In a bubble, from a Tuesday pack or limited pack point of view, it's a great delivery system for a limited pool of specific characters, done in a specific way for a specific reason (like boosting your count of a recently buffed collection).

You could probably stand to slightly tweak a few of the slot 1/slot 2/price variables to really hit the sweet spot, but I could see the pack being a good option in that scenario.

Being your targeted 'Tuesday Pack Buyer' , or just general fool who chases every card, what doesn't work is introducing a new 3* card and marketing that, front and center, as the feature of the pack. The insanely low drop % for a 3* that is new and included wasn't the right play there.

I've said before, TP just needs to know the audience. If they take a bit from each experience over the last few attempts and tweak a bit, they will have a winner on their hands. I have zero qualms with a new style of packs coming out to 'freshen up' the normal Tuesday push for special occasions like this. I love to see new innovations in the way I can give them my money, but of course as long as they are being fair about it. Once I realized I wasn't getting a Tuvok for likely 6 months and had some lunch, everything was fine.

The price/odds might have been Goldilocks, if maybe that Slot didn't drop any Vulcan below 3 🌟. Would have improved the odds of getting the FEATURED CREW, and would have avoided that "I got a rock" bad taste players got.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I think one of the problems of these packs is that they put together items that are useful for new players (replicator rations, 1*, 2*, 3*, 4* crew from collections) with rewards that are generally aimed at long-time players and/or big spenders (new pack-exclusive crew).

If they keep using them to introduce new crew, then the best thing would be to split up the contents of the pack and put the rations and 1*/2* somewhere else, like the faction stores, and leave the collection packs up as 1 pull -> 1 behold, at a lower price (maybe 300?). That would be very appealing to everyone who still needs to finish lots of 4* for collections and stomachable to those who want the new crew (assuming those would be 4* or 5*), because even if the odds are worse than in a normal Tuesday pack, at least the packs are cheaper.

Or if the packs stay as they are and the new crew they introduce will always be 3*, then they could have a guaranteed drop for the 3* in the second slot.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    Once I realized I wasn't getting a Tuvok for likely 6 months and had some lunch, everything was fine.

I knew breakfast wasn't the most important meal of the day!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I got in late on this post, an offer is gone. Did they change the odds of a legendary drop? I totally ignored this pack until I started reading this thread and it was too late.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I got in late on this post, an offer is gone. Did they change the odds of a legendary drop? I totally ignored this pack until I started reading this thread and it was too late.

Legendary drop was still 1/10. The issue is the last slot was all gold and purple and the 2nd slot was 1/10 blue. There were 7 total blues in the pool which meant the new featured card was a 1/70 blue.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Legendary drop was still 1/10. The issue is the last slot was all gold and purple and the 2nd slot was 1/10 blue. There were 7 total blues in the pool which meant the new featured card was a 1/70 blue.

Thanks @Paladin 27 , I was right to just ignore it. But, next time I have to make sure they do not change drop rate. For some reason, even after I suggested changing the legendary drop rate, I totally ignored the offer.

Edit: I remember why I ignored it, I saw the change to behold, I forgot all about the drop rate and just ignored it.
  • I, too, tried 7 times to get a 3* Tuvok, and I got everything I already had, and nothing I needed. Tapped myself out, and missed that boat. He's the only 3* I don't have. Any ideas when he might make an encore appearance? Maybe as a voyage reward?
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd expect him as a Monthly reward before he hits the portal/voyage reward. That's what Pike and Craft did.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd expect him as a Monthly reward before he hits the portal/voyage reward. That's what Pike and Craft did.

Yeah. I think I got both the 3 🌟 Pikes that way.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."