Home The Bridge

Timelines Talks Charity Show, big Timelines giveaways! May 19th. See Recent post for details!

Comments

• Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most memorable moment was your discussion of my “Wasteland of Kirks” and how that demonstrated to you my lack of interest in Faction events.

Haha, I wasn't intending to be harsh, hope it didn't come across that way. Just jumped out to me as an anomaly, because you've got a great roster overall.

I also realized I kept referring to an honor sale as though it's a lock for Convergence Day. Hope I don't end up eating my foot on that one! They've been a big help to players for value and having a goal.

Congrats on the FF Sato :)
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input guys. I cited up Medic Jett Reno and Dr. Pollard yesterday. Once the current campaign is over I will be able to finish AOS Worf. Love listening to the stream.
  • The most memorable moment was your discussion of my “Wasteland of Kirks” and how that demonstrated to you my lack of interest in Faction events.

Haha, I wasn't intending to be harsh, hope it didn't come across that way. Just jumped out to me as an anomaly, because you've got a great roster overall.

I also realized I kept referring to an honor sale as though it's a lock for Convergence Day. Hope I don't end up eating my foot on that one! They've been a big help to players for value and having a goal.

Congrats on the FF Sato :)

It wasn't harsh at all, just eye opening. Great food for thought! As I try to get the rest of my 10-hour milestones, I need to be considering how my decisions are impacting the other aspects of my game. At some point, vanity collections will get more attention, just not yet.
  • Is this still available as an audio podcast?
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this still available as an audio podcast?

This week's interview will be. We're still getting settled back into our formula so expect future episodes to be uploaded going forward.
    I've been focusing a lot of visual content such as pack pulls and gags etc so that hasn't played well as an audio format. But once we get back into the old routine I'll get the feed updated again.
    Maybe I'll cherry pick some bits from previous episodes in a "catch-up" episode in the future.
    edited September 2020
    We now have a proper YouTube link now! https://www.youtube.com/TimelinesTalks
  • KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Ugh, didn't realize it's on <swear words omitted> YT now where I can't write any comments because I DO NOT WANT TO CREATE A FRICKING CHANNEL!

And of course I waited for Twitch to go live with did not see any notification on anything.
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
    edited September 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nnmxdaD4TU&amp;feature=youtu.be <- Quick dirty YouTube link for those that want to try and work out the morse code messages that Ben dropped.

Thanks to Ben for joining us, we had an amazing time! Thanks also to Shan for dropping in and talking to Chat live. Podcast will be up as soon as I can get an wav or mp3 out of this video!

Edit: Any podcast listeners, I will have to wait for YouTube to do it's processing then I'll get it uploaded tomorrow. Sleep now.
  • Now that it’s over, can someone do everyone a favor and summarize it ? :innocent::smiley:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • WRG Ben wrote: »
    Good luck solving that morse code :joy: I had a blast! Thanks again for having me on the stream.

i bet that morse code is the key to unlocking the 499999 dilithium lol :) good one ben
  • KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    WRG Ben wrote: »
    Good luck solving that morse code :joy: I had a blast! Thanks again for having me on the stream.

I feel like two times you forgot to say a dot (once you only said 4 dashes before a comma but that is not one of the standard codes, and in the "modifier" you have three dots at a place where I suspect it should be four as that would make it be the right word). But I still have no clue what to do with the morse-decoded stuff, still looks like a code that I'm not sure what to do with.
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
  • We now have a proper YouTube link now! https://www.youtube.com/TimelinesTalks

Strangely, the main page with the countdown to go live was a different page from where we ended up. I sat on the wrong (static) page for 10 minutes into the stream, until I went back and clicked on a different link to get to the right one. Not sure why that happened.

Great stream though guys. Thank you to Ben & Shan for participating!

._.. _ _ _ _ ... _ _ _ .._. .._ _.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • edited September 2020
    thanks a lot @Legate Damar :smiley:

Edit:

so, skirmish reward changes.... more thresholds? community rewards? making the thresholds harder to get?

new feature... in the new year (yay but also boo for the wait, i presume it will debut in correspondence with convergence day)

thanks Ben for borg phlox, love it (you have good taste) wink:

no kelvin crew.. great! (imo)

so easier to do temporary achievements eh? how about some every month or something awesome like that? does that mean expanding the immo achievement? hopefully

another mini event- great! but it’s wayyy long overdue

new event hub? we’ll wait and see.....

glad to hear about September 8th because it’s coming up soon!

just my take aways :smiley:

“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    KaiRo wrote: »
    WRG Ben wrote: »

I feel like two times you forgot to say a dot (once you only said 4 dashes before a comma but that is not one of the standard codes, and in the "modifier" you have three dots at a place where I suspect it should be four as that would make it be the right word). But I still have no clue what to do with the morse-decoded stuff, still looks like a code that I'm not sure what to do with.

Oh, wait... If I make those two dashes on the second to last hint actually be 3 dashes, then it makes sense and I guess it means the Mega in one of the upcoming months will be based on a very core Trek character if not the core character...
  • Weyoun 69Weyoun 69 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nnmxdaD4TU&amp;feature=youtu.be <- Quick dirty YouTube link for those that want to try and work out the morse code messages that Ben dropped.

The video says its unavailable to watch, and the video has disappeared from your youtube channel!! ?

EDIT: Suddenly showed back up on your youtube channel! but the link above has to redirect you to youtube itself to work. For me anyway!
  • ALeeRocksALeeRocks ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I could not sleep so I decided to play with this morse code clue...

Anyway, I guess @KaiRo and myself figured this out - so do I reveal it or give everyone a chance to solve it on their own?
    I'm still working out how YouTube handles live video. Podcast should be up soon. This link should work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nnmxdaD4TU

@ALeeRocks Yes please tell us! I'm really intrigued to know!

• New feature that will appeal to players who have been playing for a longer time being rolled out in early 2021.

Looking forward to this :smiley:

And this:

Also, expect things to happen on September 8, Star Trek day including StarTrek.com.

As for the changes to Skirmishes
    Skirmish reward changes in 2021 because scores are higher.

I hope this means more threshold tiers and not higher thresholds like in Expedition :(

• Legate Damar Thank you
  • KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Thanks to El Marto for this answer!

Great, this is (without the lead-up to it) what I messaged to Ben as well :)
    I just didn't want to post it all here yet as I wanted have others be able to deduct and guess themselves as well.

And given that Ben did mention a Mega in October in one short sentence, I guess it means that the core or even quintessential character of Spock will be what this Mega is all about.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I wonder how they do a mega about Spock. The bonus pool would have to be more than Spock. Maybe Vulcan?

Another possibility is it could be a Spock campaign in October. There are enough Spocks for both a 4* and 5* variant. And we could always get a new 5* like Scrooge Data.
  • General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    AviTrek wrote: »
    . And we should always get a new 5* like Scrooge Data.

Or the long rumored and mythical "Assimilated Spock"...

Though we were told he would "never" be released due to licensing reasons...maybe that has changed. Could also go for the long-awaited EV Suit Spock...and the resulting EV Suit collection...