Home The Bridge

Timelines Talks Charity Show, big Timelines giveaways! May 19th. See Recent post for details!

Comments

• Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latest episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUvkbDoXaBM&feature=youtu.be

Also get your votes in for the next round of Timelines Showdown! https://www.strawpoll.me/21176828
    Aaaand we will be getting our Honor Suicide pacts in shape, post below for your candidates!
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaaand we will be getting our Honor Suicide pacts in shape, post below for your candidates!

Yea, we all have crew who we like and wish we had at 5/5 to play with, but their stats just aren't good enough to justify citations. This is your chance to flout the normal rules of citing strong crew and maybe make it hurt along the way. We'll each have three crew for viewers to vote on during the show and everyone is welcome to play along :)

If you want to go with the old school masochist rules, pick crew who have a base rank worse than #30 and voyage rank worse than #180. Or if you just have a character that you really love, but would not normally cite, that works too! Post your three choices in this thread, send to TimelinesTalks@gmail.com, or hit us up on Discord and we'll be happy to share the pain with anyone who's ready to cite some baaad crew.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, we all have crew who we like and wish we had at 5/5 to play with, but their stats just aren't good enough to justify citations. This is your chance to flout the normal rules of citing strong crew and maybe make it hurt along the way. We'll each have three crew for viewers to vote on during the show and everyone is welcome to play along :)

If you want to go with the old school masochist rules, pick crew who have a base rank worse than #30 and voyage rank worse than #180. Or if you just have a character that you really love, but would not normally cite, that works too! Post your three choices in this thread, send to TimelinesTalks@gmail.com, or hit us up on Discord and we'll be happy to share the pain with anyone who's ready to cite some baaad crew.

I looked through my 1/5s only (have plenty of 2+/5s I'd never cite and who fit the criteria) and I'm not sure they fall under the old-school rules, well one does, but here's a list of 4 crew who are just so bad to add cites to you just have to wonder how bad a behold would be to ever pick them ... in random order ...

1. Seven of Nine - horrid bases, poor voyage score, common skill-set, only really useful as a 1/5. Her pros are that she will get events (but with those bases she's still a poor option) and she does count for one collection.
    Personal: Picked her very early on when I first started playing, must have been early 2017, one of my first FE 5*s, have never seen her in another begold. Used her in the early gauntlet era, but has not seen use for a couple of years at least.

2. Kai Opaka - horrid bases, poor voyage score, common skill-set, 2-skiller, only really useful as a 1/5. Her pros are that she might be used in Gauntlet ... if you don't own Minuet etc. ... I think she's part of a collection, but not sure.
    Personal: Got her through a merit pull, saw her once in a begold but passed on a 2nd star for better crew. Never used her anywhere, as I don't take 2-skillers into the gauntlet. Has to be one of the most useless crew in the game, art also **tsk tsk**.

3. Captain Silva La Forge - not the worst stats but so bland and average in everything there are always better options with that super common skill-set. Pros - none really.
    Personal: Won her through her event, but that was back when you won her in her event and so was useless the weekend after, has never done anything for me.

Honourable Mentions
    Captain La Forge - I'd put Lt. Commander La Forge here were it not that I have him 3/5. Both have abysmal stats for a 5* ... but they have minute event potential and are part of a collection also their ship ability is underrated and Captain has an interesting skill-combo for voyages. But holy smokes ... these two are basically elite 4*s.

Captain Morgan Bateson - ugh. See Silva above.

I really had to take care not to pick any Mirror crew (e.g. Landry), Vulcans (e.g. Executioner), Diplomats (e.g. Captain Sisko, Weyoun) or crew who have event potential (KG Paris, aforementioned Sisko etc.).
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, this actually sounds like fun! Here are some from my crew:

Falcon O'Brien (1*), Bashir, Julian Bashir (1*), and Garack, Elim Garack (3*) - they all are in the same boat (and collection): I like them all, would love to complete this collection, but they are pretty terrible cards. O'Brien is actually the best candidate, given his high Sec base; but I have two FF/FE High Roller Siskos, along with a bunch of other high Sec cards, so I'm covered. But that collection!

Navaar (1*) - I realize she's outside the old school rules (#11 Com base; 108 Voyage rank), but I think she works in spirit. I really like the Orions. But they are not good cards and she won't help with any collections and probably very few future events. **sigh**

Mirror Spock (1*) - great art from an iconic episode, and it's in two collections I could get help with. But it's just so old and powerless. He's practically the poster child of a decrepit legendary. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navaar was my first thought. Mirror T’Pol and Spock I’d love to cite but am wondering if 2 collections disqualifies them.
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    For me that would probably be Surgeon Pulaski, Assimilated Janeway and Desert Georgiou.

They wouldn't exactly be useless at 5/5*, but given that I only have 37 immortal legendaries and I also have Braxton, First Officer Burnham, Boothby, G7, Niners Ezri, Sarah Sisko, Dahar Master Koloth, Activated Dahj, Juliana Tainer, Vice Admiral Janeway, Lt. Commander Uhura, Tribble Herder Scotty, Dr. Katherine Pulaski, Falcon O'Brien and Durango Troi, all at 1/5* or 2/5*, those three aren't even close to being a reasonable citation project for either voyages or events.
    RaraRacing wrote: »

I looked through my 1/5s only (have plenty of 2+/5s I'd never cite and who fit the criteria) and I'm not sure they fall under the old-school rules, well one does, but here's a list of 4 crew who are just so bad to add cites to you just have to wonder how bad a behold would be to ever pick them ... in random order ...

1. Seven of Nine - horrid bases, poor voyage score, common skill-set, only really useful as a 1/5. Her pros are that she will get events (but with those bases she's still a poor option) and she does count for one collection.
    Personal: Picked her very early on when I first started playing, must have been early 2017, one of my first FE 5*s, have never seen her in another begold. Used her in the early gauntlet era, but has not seen use for a couple of years at least.

2. Kai Opaka - horrid bases, poor voyage score, common skill-set, 2-skiller, only really useful as a 1/5. Her pros are that she might be used in Gauntlet ... if you don't own Minuet etc. ... I think she's part of a collection, but not sure.
    Personal: Got her through a merit pull, saw her once in a begold but passed on a 2nd star for better crew. Never used her anywhere, as I don't take 2-skillers into the gauntlet. Has to be one of the most useless crew in the game, art also **tsk tsk**.

3. Captain Silva La Forge - not the worst stats but so bland and average in everything there are always better options with that super common skill-set. Pros - none really.
    Personal: Won her through her event, but that was back when you won her in her event and so was useless the weekend after, has never done anything for me.

Honourable Mentions
    Captain La Forge - I'd put Lt. Commander La Forge here were it not that I have him 3/5. Both have abysmal stats for a 5* ... but they have minute event potential and are part of a collection also their ship ability is underrated and Captain has an interesting skill-combo for voyages. But holy smokes ... these two are basically elite 4*s.

Captain Morgan Bateson - ugh. See Silva above.

I really had to take care not to pick any Mirror crew (e.g. Landry), Vulcans (e.g. Executioner), Diplomats (e.g. Captain Sisko, Weyoun) or crew who have event potential (KG Paris, aforementioned Sisko etc.).

heh ... maybe I should have watched the YouTube video first ... if it is crew I like, but might not be great, it has to be:

Aviator Yar - great art, I think the first 5* I ever got, but the third to FE (at 5* FE #210 right now) ... still only 2/5 ... just a great card allround and probably still serviceable even though she's been around since 2016 ... aged nicely.
    I have fond memories of using that card all the time back then ... lots in early voyages as a 1/5 and even in the Gauntlet ... one of my favourite cards but never quite makes it to the top of my must-cite list. I'm sure she'd make voyages if immortal, especially during even weekends for those SEC/ENG ones.
    Base #50 (for SEC or ENG??), voyage rank #198 ... perfect.

I don't like any of the crew I mentioned before ... but maybe Capt. La Forge is so bad he's good. :)
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm...I’m not sure how these may fit those strict rules but they are crew I would love to immortalize for personal collection purposes but would never burn a citation do to do:

1) Commodore Matt Decker. I went out of my way to get his first star, because William Windom’s performance as the haunted commodore was phenomenal. But other than taking a second star in a behold with no better options, I haven’t touched him since. Would he be useful? I doubt it, as Mirror Picard has the same skill set and only is missing one trait that Decker also has. Still.,.iconic role from an iconic episode.

2) Abraham Lincoln. This is my oldest crew that has never made it beyond the first star. And, because I don’t remember the early days all that well, he’s also one of my first maybe five legendaries ever. I do remember him being decent for the gauntlet early on, but the rare times he hits a 45% trait bonus are the closest he comes to anything approaching usefulness these days.

3) (tie) Lissan and Jhamel. Together, I have cobbled together five stars for these two but none of them are by citation and none ever will be. On one hand, they’re two-skill crew useless for voyages. On the other hand, I love Andorians and they are the only ones I haven’t immortalized.
    I realized while watching the stream that my Honor Suicide pact should be Damar.

:'(
    Yea, the basics are picking a crew/character that you love and want to see fully fused, but have never been able to bring yourself to do it, because they're so bad. Or for hard mode, they can be bad and a character you hate *cough*KaiWinn*cough*.

Everyone who posts their candidates here will be on next week's show :)
    Going to divert the conversation slightly with:
    Impromtu Stream! Tonight 30th Oct I shall be streaming 100 Premium Pack Openings! Join me at https://youtube.com/TimelinesTalks at the usual time (16:30 EDT, 20:30 GMT). Might also chat about Disco Season 3 and do a wee bit of Skirmishing to round out the night.
  • Yea, the basics are picking a crew/character that you love and want to see fully fused, but have never been able to bring yourself to do it, because they're so bad. Or for hard mode, they can be bad and a character you hate *cough*KaiWinn*cough*.

Everyone who posts their candidates here will be on next week's show :)

Kai Winn is an amazing villain. You can't help but legitimately despise her. I love her for it!

Though, Kai Opaka falls under the category of a character I also quite liked, but just can't bring myself to bother finishing.

Thank you for the "shout-out," BTW, totally appreciated! You weren't kidding about slightly increased rewards, though, eesh. :D
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Sheriff of Nottingham Q: It took 3+ years for me to see him in a behold. He was the only Q I didn't have, and I being both a fan of the character and thinking (foolishly) that all Q's should have some extra relevance in this game... It took me a while to pull the trigger when I saw that he was a 2-skiller. He sits forever unused at 1/5.

Rain Robinson: I absolutely loved that episode of Voyager. I had already been a fan of Sarah Silverman's before that, so I spent a BUNCH of dils trying to get her in the Tuesday pack when she came out – to no avail. She had decent stats back then. I didn't get her until a few months ago in a random behold, and was genuinely excited, and then she was leveled and forgotten.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
    Haha thanks for sticking to the true spirit of the Honor Suicide Pact and bringing the pain with a Nechayev immortalization from 1/5.

plx1qs8bktau.png

She's judging me and I love it!

Here's everybody's poll for you to do with as you wish. If you want to submit your progress in citing your Champion, post the screenshot here, send it to TimelinesTalks@gmail.com, or join us live on Wednesdays :)

@RaraRacing 's Poll

@EnderW 's Poll

@Emperor Borg Drone 's Poll

@Dirk Gunderson 's Poll

@Commander Sinclair 's Poll

And a round of applause to @Legate Damar for jumping on it early:

image0.png
    I’ve never voluntarily cited someone with stats that low.
    Haven't watched the YouTube video yet ... but thanks all for being kind, there's an overwhelming vote for Yar (thankfully, hehe) ...

I've recently decided not to put money into the game anymore so am skipping Campaigns from now on (99% of my purchases), i.e. no more 5* citations on a monthly basis and extra 10x Premium packs ... so as you can see from my Honor total (see below), it will take a while, bear with me.

Here are the starting screenshots ... have added the La Forge family just for full disclosure and to be complete ... I was in the process of citing up Kung Fu Sarek for both collections, but ah well ... unfortunately Yar won't be of direct benefit for her collection, as I need to immortalise 2 crew for the next tier.
    The first citation will be purchased once I hit between 140-150k ...

n2072l48dqc4.png

ru61kg23uj8u.png
  • @Automaton_2000 Thank you! :smile: The result makes sense and I will cite her up eventually. Not right now, because I don't want to use up all my honor on a tier 6 crew when there will probably be a sale next month or in January :sweat_smile:
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

GAH! Mine is split so evenly. That's not helpful at all. :D
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Great entertainment as always. @Automaton_2000 slept like a baby that night.

And maybe right through the next day.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good episode, guys. Thanks for beating the drum on the portal update and decrepit legendaries. Causes near and dear to my heart, lol.
    Farewell 🖖
    Aviator Yar update ... on my way ... and it will take a while (I estimate 4-5 more weeks now that I'm not spending money anymore), but I have my next 3 Honor Suicide candidates lined up ...

c5p0rjv80bd1.png
  • Sheriff of Nottingham Q: It took 3+ years for me to see him in a behold. He was the only Q I didn't have, and I being both a fan of the character and thinking (foolishly) that all Q's should have some extra relevance in this game... It took me a while to pull the trigger when I saw that he was a 2-skiller. He sits forever unused at 1/5.

Rain Robinson: I absolutely loved that episode of Voyager. I had already been a fan of Sarah Silverman's before that, so I spent a BUNCH of dils trying to get her in the Tuesday pack when she came out – to no avail. She had decent stats back then. I didn't get her until a few months ago in a random behold, and was genuinely excited, and then she was leveled and forgotten.

r5l3c3jvc71v.jpg

Looks like Rain was the winner here. I will also honor the honor-suicide pact, using 2 of my Campaign cites to get her to 3/5. I'm with @[10F] Captain Idol on the spending though, so I will finish leveling her with cites during the honor sale. I mean, she's just looking at me like...

1cfksdwjoze6.jpg

kut4jki1u7uc.jpg
    qfrleewufcd3.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    Latest Show

PSA: Be warned, this was an aggressively average show... :p
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
    KaiRo wrote: »
    Latest Show

PSA: Be warned, this was an aggressively average show... :p

WttihwV.gif
  • Hard to believe it's been 6 months already. Thanks for helping us enjoy STT even more!!!
    It's a special episode this week as we're doing "Primelines Talks". A (nearly) all female cast join myself as I kick Auto and Stars out for the week in favour of previous guests Sky Cap, @Stellar Ice and Seven Of One!
    We will be talking about the usual ramet but also will be touching on how to prepare for an event win, Burnout in the game and some of their role models represented in card form.
    See you at the normal time!