Home The Bridge
Options

Timelines Talks Charity Show, big Timelines giveaways! May 19th. See Recent post for details!

Comments

• Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    This weeks show: https://youtu.be/wtVnfhftxtY

Also on Saturday, same time, we'll be doing some casual pack openings. See you there!
  • Options
    SkettiSketti ✭✭✭
    Timelines Talks! (Next Show Nov 3rd https://youtube.com/TimelinesTalks) ?
    Is the date for next weeks show correct, that's a Thursday?
  • Options
    Sketti wrote: »
    Timelines Talks! (Next Show Nov 3rd https://youtube.com/TimelinesTalks) ?
    Is the date for next weeks show correct, that's a Thursday?

Good spot, that should be December 2nd. Thanks!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Honor Pact in Honor of ...

So, with Aviator Yar coming to completion in the near future, I thought I'd pick crew associated with Timelines Talks hosts/guests. I've stated many times that I have no affinity with Star Trek, so thought you could be an inspiration for some choices:
    • Captain Idol - 1/5 Age of Sail Riker - (I think you like Riker) I also have LJ Riker 1/5, but he's too "good" ... I prefer not to have this option chosen because from 1/5 takes soooo much time. Would leave me with just Picard to complete the collection.
    • StarsandGarters - 2/5 Niners Worf - Was between this and Will Scarlett (also 2/5) ... time to make some headway on the baseball collection, only 2 immortalised there.
    • Automaton2000 - not sure which character you like best ... I do have a 1/5 Trelane ... but? EDIT: 1/5 Krenim Guest Chakotay (or an Orion). :)
    • SkyCap - 3/5 Admiral Janeway - had to look up who Voyager crew were, plenty of options, but not many that have multiple stars, under-50 base and under 200-voyagers ... my 4th 5* I ever FEd, I actually use her daily in Arena.
    • Stellar Ice - 2/5 Bell Riots Jadzia Dax - I already have Honey Bare and Klingon Bride immortalised with a 2/5 Lt Commander too ... felt this would be a nice choice here, great art.
    • BigMcLargeHuge - also not sure which character you like best ... EDIT: 2/5 Romulan Data.
    • DC Pilot - 2/5 Captain Rachel Garrett - Yar was a pilot, and so is the above-mentioned Lt. Comm. Dax ... my only other multi-star option is 2/5 EV Suit Archer, but I like Garrett more, also would add a point to the Diplomat collection while I'm busy citing poor crew. :)
    • did I miss anyone?
    • if WRG Ben counts - 2/5 Augment Commander O'Brien - a Timelines original. :)

--> so whenever you do a new one, I'm ready ... just need input from Auto and BMLH on who their favourite crew/series etc. is, then hopefully I can ID a multi-* 5* to represent them.

ps - Initially my choices were going to be 3/5 Kung-fu Sarek, 3/5 Mirror Landry, 2/5 Niners Worf, and 2/5 Augment Picard ... all for collection reasons.

s1p131soplnz.png
  • Options
    @RaraRacing That's amazing! I love it!
  • Options
    Fantastic! I’m honored to be included, and represented by Janeway no less. <3
  • Options
    Stellar IceStellar Ice ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bell Riots Jadzia Dax's art is fantastic! She even still gets some voyage use at 5/5 for me. Let me know when you immortalize her @RaraRacing. And it's a perfect occasion for an avatar change besides.
    The VIP 0 Heroes and VIP 0 Champions are looking for like-minded fellow VIP 0 players to join our family of fleets. Please contact me here or on Discord.

Come join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Community!
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
  • Options
    Latest Episode: The Day The Disco Died!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfN7UGlft9o
  • Options
    Just watched the show ... thanks for the shout-out ... alrighty, will be ready after the Honor sale. :)

- Automaton2000 - 1/5 Krenim Guest Chakotay - Already have Temporal Prisoner immortalised ... anyway, he'd actually be quite decent, add to the Diplomat collection, be my #4 SCI base and be right up there with Picard and Surak (and Science Officer Spock) ... make a strong skill trio even stronger ...

But as I was going through my crew I did come across some green ladies that Auto often mentions ... 4/5 Orion Vina and 3/5 Navaar ... when the time comes you guys choose between the three crew mentioned here. :)
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Just watched the show ... thanks for the shout-out ... alrighty, will be ready after the Honor sale. :)

- Automaton2000 - 1/5 Krenim Guest Chakotay - Already have Temporal Prisoner immortalised ... anyway, he'd actually be quite decent, add to the Diplomat collection, be my #4 SCI base and be right up there with Picard and Surak (and Science Officer Spock) ... make a strong skill trio even stronger ...

But as I was going through my crew I did come across some green ladies that Auto often mentions ... 4/5 Orion Vina and 3/5 Navaar ... when the time comes you guys choose between the three crew mentioned here. :)

I've been thinking a lot about your request for a card for me and realized I never actually responded. It is VERY difficult to choose a card to represent as my favorite. My boilerplate answer for a long time was Solar Sails Sisko, and I still love the card, but if I had to choose a character as my absolute favorite, it's gotta be Data. I leave it to you to select from those options, and I am truly honored to merit consideration.
  • Options

I've been thinking a lot about your request for a card for me and realized I never actually responded. It is VERY difficult to choose a card to represent as my favorite. My boilerplate answer for a long time was Solar Sails Sisko, and I still love the card, but if I had to choose a character as my absolute favorite, it's gotta be Data. I leave it to you to select from those options, and I am truly honored to merit consideration.

Thanks for the reply!

Just to give you a rundown of Datas I have, not that many considering: Scrooge and Age of Sail immortal with a Mirror at 4/5. The candidates are therefore Romulan Data 2/5 and Detective Data 1/5.
    I also have a 1/5 Solar Sails Sisko ... so, as I try to not pick 1/5s that leaves me with:
    - 2/5 Romulan Data - I hope that's a good variant for you, if not we'll go with Detective ... both fit the category of poor voyager/low bases pretty well. :)
  • Options

Thanks for the reply!

Just to give you a rundown of Datas I have, not that many considering: Scrooge and Age of Sail immortal with a Mirror at 4/5. The candidates are therefore Romulan Data 2/5 and Detective Data 1/5.
    I also have a 1/5 Solar Sails Sisko ... so, as I try to not pick 1/5s that leaves me with:
    - 2/5 Romulan Data - I hope that's a good variant for you, if not we'll go with Detective ... both fit the category of poor voyager/low bases pretty well. :)

Romulan Data is a perfect honor suicide card, and, sentimentally, my first immortal gold Data. You have my full endorsement.
  • Options
    Watching the stream now, thanks for the shout out @Automaton_2000 and @[10F] Captain Idol

The pack pulling stream was great as well.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    May I suggest a topic for discussion on the show? Would love to hear about other people's secondary (or tertiary, or more...) accounts and how much work they put into them, what they do for events, how the last 45-minutes of every day are lost in a furious attempt to complete daily missions on multiple captains, etc...

Asking for a friend...
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options

Thanks for the reply!

Romulan Data is a perfect honor suicide card, and, sentimentally, my first immortal gold Data. You have my full endorsement.

Funnily enough 4* detective data goes on a 10hr sec/sci voyage for me.
    For longterm players there are lots of better options. But if you have only been playing this year you missed all that common skillset crew from previous megas and give-aways.
    Actualy wirh all the med crew in the last year med voyages are my easiest and my weaker voyages are cmd and sec voyages.

• Options
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    May I suggest a topic for discussion on the show? Would love to hear about other people's secondary (or tertiary, or more...) accounts and how much work they put into them, what they do for events, how the last 45-minutes of every day are lost in a furious attempt to complete daily missions on multiple captains, etc...

Asking for a friend...

Oh next week we'll have a good chat about Alts as we are having Jenos on to talk about our Nightmare alts :smiley:
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    More code updates so new mini event is planned, late fall.

Ooh, that mini event is going to be next week! Did anyone else forget?

Could be a good opportunity to throw a new Mirror Universe-trait crew or two at us before the Faction Event that follows straight after.
  • Options
  • Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New worf is going to be “ev suit worf” borg arm attached and all.

Guaranteed.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sound clip?
  • Options
    Thanks for the shout-out guys!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

Asking for a friend...

Oh next week we'll have a good chat about Alts as we are having Jenos on to talk about our Nightmare alts :smiley:

Bah, I missed it live! Glad my friend with too many Alt accounts isn't alone....
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Morning all. Our latest Cite Advise episode is up on YouTube! This time it's The Big Ticket and @Top Man [Wolf 359] who sent us their suggestions! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_X0nvi0t9c
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all. Our latest Cite Advise episode is up on YouTube! This time it's The Big Ticket and @Top Man [Wolf 359] who sent us their suggestions! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_X0nvi0t9c

These videos really make me appreciate Captain Idol's hosting skill :D We record these late at night for time zones and I don't have half his energy and charisma.

Thanks for submitting your rosters, fellas. Hope this helps you out!
  • Options
    Is Rachel Ray going to be on soon, I could use a recipe for the Christmas gatherings....
    With Caroling and dancing in the background, snow falling amongst glittering pine trees.
  • Options
    Thanks Auto, Stars, and McBigMcLargeMcHuge for the help!
  • Options
    Thanks Auto, Stars, and McBigMcLargeMcHuge for the help!

bd2yb30vu2kd.gif
  • Options
    For all interested...we now have a twitter! https://twitter.com/Timelines_Talks
  • Options
    I love this show. I look forward to it every week. Really liked the bonus cite advice eps as well— cited/Immo’ed Pah-Wraith Keiko this morning after watching one of the cite eps. Never hear/read about her so she wasn’t in my radar. —But she immediately contributed once she got that 5th star.

I am sure most viewers are well beyond this info, but I have always wondered what all the numbers mean when you talk crew. I do use the Big Book from time to time, and the tiering has been invaluable to me and Beholds— but I would love to know what stats to focus on for voyages or events or even gauntlet.