Home The Bridge
Options

Offer Wall feedback thread - Live now!

Comments

• Options
    I'm all for new ways to get dilithium but I think this will be another way for these marketing companies to get our info to sell which will result in n game spam. :-\

Another mid week dilithium event hold be nice. :-D
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the offers won’t be as shady as they can be in some games that use these.

Also have to wonder if the offers will be much pared back on Apple vs Android with Apples crack down on offer walls in the past year or so.
    https://www.pocketgamer.biz/news/70610/devs-lose-thousands-of-dollars-as-apple-cracks-down-on-offerwall-ads/
  • Options
    I hate to judge before I experience but... It doesn't sound promising.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to judge before I experience but... It doesn't sound promising.

It sounds like something that I will ignore unless I'm super bored. But I don't begrudge VIP0 this opportunity. I'm sure it will help them out a bit.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate these offers, and it seems irresponsible to employ it via mailbox when there's a widespread bug that DB can't fix that lets some users multi tap inbox items for duplicate or triplicate rewards.

I didn't know that but I sure will try it from now on lol knowledge thanks

Maybe I should see if I can FF Mambo Picard & Tuxeder Nog?!?!?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as no offers, ads, or pop-ups leak out from the offer wall into the rest of the game, I am cautiously optimistic. Predatory offers, spam, malware, and the like are going to go over really rather poorly...this could be a nice source of revenue for TP and dil for us, or it could chase away a ton of players. Sounds risky to me.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did these before in other games. The download a game and get to lvl5. Most of them work well and payout game currency but as I have done them for other games they probably will not work again for this game.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Jean-Luc KenobiJean-Luc Kenobi ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    HaBlack wrote: »
    Will this be limited geographically? Sometimes these schemes are limited to, I think, north America. (I say "I think" as I've played games where it only worked on occasional hops across the pond)

I had some experience like that in some games. Living in Europe often gave me message "No offers available for your country at the moment".

If that will be the case than even for F2P there will be unfair advantage for US players vs others

If the offers are anything like in Animation Throwdown, very few if any F2P players will be taking advantage of the offer wall. I don't spend any money on Animation Throwdown, but if I did, it would be cheaper to buy their gems than to spend money on the apps they offer so I can get my "free" gems.
  • Options
    I hate these offers, and it seems irresponsible to employ it via mailbox when there's a widespread bug that DB can't fix that lets some users multi tap inbox items for duplicate or triplicate rewards.

Seriously? They've had similar issues before, which makes me think they're applying fixes to the client rather than server, which would be bad practice.

It's an API state-change issue at heart, and you fix those with idempotence tokens, otherwise they crop up again and again and again.
  • Options
    I'm undecided on this feature, I'll give it a chance. Depending on what I have to do for the offers, I either will or won't do them. I expect to get limited use of the offer wall at best, but I'll reserve judgement until it's live.

I hope it helps generate revenue or other support for the game so they can add new features or gameplay that keep pushing the game forward.
  • Options
    Captain QCaptain Q ✭✭✭
    "Toto, I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore..."

So... This is how it feels like to be assimilated by The Borg TP!

:#
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as no offers, ads, or pop-ups leak out from the offer wall into the rest of the game, I am cautiously optimistic. Predatory offers, spam, malware, and the like are going to go over really rather poorly...this could be a nice source of revenue for TP and dil for us, or it could chase away a ton of players. Sounds risky to me.

Just wait.....skirmish event, battle #3 about to start and a commercial pops up! lol :p
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options

Just wait.....skirmish event, battle #3 about to start and a commercial pops up! lol :p

On top of "Which one is Sisko?".........

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those offers are always some sort of scams.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    New opening credits screen:

nbjzmengw9ed.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for new ways to get dilithium but I think this will be another way for these marketing companies to get our info to sell which will result in n game spam. :-\

Another mid week dilithium event hold be nice. :-D

Possibly, but it could be the beginning of a possible 'Trading Post' too. I think most everyone would enjoy that feature
  • Options
    New opening credits screen:

nbjzmengw9ed.png

Currently, looks like you have to manually download the Update in the Play Store everyone.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still ticked I got booted twice from the same Skirmish and costing me 2k in points. I missed 210k threshold by 250 points and I can't submit a ticket, because my keyboard to type won't come up!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Folks here are getting prepared to raise their pitchforks without even knowing what this is going to look like. Maybe wait to see exactly what it is, and how it works, and whether you even care, before burning down the joint?

0ehhquq386td.gif

First day?

😁🤪😁🤪😁
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks here are getting prepared to raise their pitchforks without even knowing what this is going to look like. Maybe wait to see exactly what it is, and how it works, and whether you even care, before burning down the joint?

0ehhquq386td.gif

But we’ve already handed out the torches ‘n’ pitchforks, we have to use them or they might go to waste.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭

0ehhquq386td.gif

Since TP already named the company they’re using for this (ironSource) I googled reviews for them. I suggest others do the same before diving into this “feature”.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

0ehhquq386td.gif

People have been mostly calm, just saying they have not liked offer walls in other games.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭

Currently, looks like you have to manually download the Update in the Play Store everyone.

I've done so, but it looks like the wall is still not live yet.
  • Options
    I think I will just ignore it, as long as it's easy to ignore. Those who have lots of free time and like to try out mobile games might enjoy it.

As for the reviews, they look really bad on Trustpilot, but so far almost every company I've searched on there had bad ones, except for those who have a very good customer service and ask their customers to leave them reviews. People only go on Trustpilot when they're angry because their problems haven't been solved, they don't usually go out of their way to leave good reviews. So it's mostly useful to see what kind of problems people had. Like, did they just not get a reward or did they end up with some malware on their phone? So far all the ones I've read seemed to complain about missing rewards.
  • Options
    One for those in the UK....

rq6qbtbkdpee.jpg

I have no intetest in this feature, so will be passing on these offers ...but it may suit some