Home The Bridge

Offer Wall feedback thread - Live now!

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in The Bridge
Creating this discussion for feedback for the Offer Wall that should go live later this week, for android and iOS only.

Release Notes: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16368/v7-5-3-release-notes-android-and-ios-only

FAQ: https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050444413-Offer-Wall-FAQ

I will update this thread once the feature goes live.

Comments

• Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan Those links don't seem to work.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    As a person who played the mobile game "Animation Domination" for a long time that also had an offer wall that sounds identical to this, I can tell you it was an awesome way to get some free gems (their premium currency). The problem was any offers that were worth a damn either required you to download an app and then get a premium subscription or buy a decent purchase before completing the "offer" OR get a free mobile game and make it to level 4000 before getting credit (which seemingly took forever). Hoping it's a little more forgiving here, but it sounds like it's going to be a carbon copy

I expect the same. In no game I ever played I made use of this as my time is too precious to be wasted on games I basically dislike, just for the sake of, let's say, 50 dil.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate these offers, and it seems irresponsible to employ it via mailbox when there's a widespread bug that DB can't fix that lets some users multi tap inbox items for duplicate or triplicate rewards.

I would hope that but gets fixed immediately or a new delivery mechanism for the dil would be found (maybe just add it to the account instead of a message)
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roxton wrote: »
    This is like being repeatedly kicked in the nards and being expected to say thank you each time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIZoVO8ZyyQ
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • I've seen these offer walls before, so it's hard to withhold a rather large amount of negative judgements as they were just awful.

I mean, if you want me to keep spending on the game there's a whole raft of novel viruses out there to pandemic the hell out of, and lockdown has been highly successful in getting me to spend my beer tokens on mobile games instead of drunkenly dancing to terrible bands from the 90s.
  • Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    I’d rather have a once or twice a year event like we had in March to get some free dilithium instead of this. I’ve downloaded many apps that I wanted then never or rarely use so I’ll pass on this if it’s as described here. Too much work for too little of a reward.
  • RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    I was so excited seeing an update and thought to myself “wow some new content”
    Looking forward to seeing some of the goodies Ben had talked about.

It’s like being promised ice cream and getting a Sorbets.

Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• wbiyvnv0gqsd.gif

Never had much success with it in another app I used for oh say 3 months tops. Earn it, don't get it, submit info...wait....wait, still don't get earned dilithium. Just ended up not being worth the hassle.
    We will see how it goes....
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Its the end of the beginning and the beginning of the end......This means one thing, revenue is down. Its not only there are not as many people playing as there was 3 years ago, the video traffic of ads being watched is also down. While I am all for TP keeping revenue up so we can have a game to play, I'm afraid this is a case of "treating a symptom rather than the disease"....

there is rather an explosion of more people playing now. around 25000 highly active players. compared to less than 10,000 for the first 3 years.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used similar features in other games. It looks like it won't impact people who don't want to use it, beyond the initial roll-out notices that it exists and where to find it.

As far as those who want additional content, this is a way to pay for it. Also, WRG_Ben announced achievement events and some other new features on the horizon. If they need to raise some revenue from ads, then so be it. I'll wait and see how it goes.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Will this be limited geographically? Sometimes these schemes are limited to, I think, north America. (I say "I think" as I've played games where it only worked on occasional hops across the pond)
  • RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    I've used similar features in other games. It looks like it won't impact people who don't want to use it, beyond the initial roll-out notices that it exists and where to find it.

As far as those who want additional content, this is a way to pay for it. Also, WRG_Ben announced achievement events and some other new features on the horizon. If they need to raise some revenue from ads, then so be it. I'll wait and see how it goes.

Your far too charitable, think I will stick with my original thought (**tsk tsk**)
    Star Truckerz

• HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will this be limited geographically? Sometimes these schemes are limited to, I think, north America. (I say "I think" as I've played games where it only worked on occasional hops across the pond)

I had some experience like that in some games. Living in Europe often gave me message "No offers available for your country at the moment".

If that will be the case than even for F2P there will be unfair advantage for US players vs others
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Chiming in to say that the Offer Wall is not to be considered as content, we're certainly not treating it that way.

And it was by no means what Ben hinted at during the stream :)

I was just hoping for content 😞
    Star Truckerz

• I hate these offers, and it seems irresponsible to employ it via mailbox when there's a widespread bug that DB can't fix that lets some users multi tap inbox items for duplicate or triplicate rewards.

I didn't know that but I sure will try it from now on lol knowledge thanks