Home The Bridge
Options

Offer Wall feedback thread - Live now!

Comments

• Options
    PhotonKimPhotonKim ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have had the same experience as @Lt. Gambol and @Mirror Sanoa 😞. Not liking this new feature.
  • Options
    Sounded like a good idea at first, but playing a game I dont like for HOURS for 200dil, is not worth my time, "taking a survey" sounded quick and easy, but after 20 mins and over 100 increasingly intrusive questions, I decided to abandon that never ending survey, i'd rather just pay for the dilithium at this point....
  • Options
    I clicked on one out of curiosity. This is what the link brought up

8wm6ogb8a9wk.jpeg

Same here. After reading through this thread, I guess I was fortunate.
  • Options
    [VIP0]USS Dart[VIP0]USS Dart ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Shan wrote: »
    As for the alleged exploit, it is the first time I hear about it unless my memory is really failing me.

So I would love to know the ticket number of the ticket that was submitted regarding this, so I may look into it. Thanks!

OK, I'll reply to the PM I sent you about it.

For those of us who are unfamiliar with the bug, would someone please post some information that confirms the bug exists and what actually occurs? Over time, I’ve heard of a number of exploits but I’ve never known any players that actually used them.

Note: I’m NOT asking for how to use the exploit.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how to complete these surveys and get credited? I just spent 2 hours completing surveys truthfully, but every time I complete one, there's a message that the survey didn't match my profile, and another one starts.
    If my real life isn't believable for the algorithm, is there a way to start over and create some kind of fantasy character sheet where everything matches up?
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how to complete these surveys and get credited? I just spent 2 hours completing surveys truthfully, but every time I complete one, there's a message that the survey didn't match my profile, and another one starts.
    If my real life isn't believable for the algorithm, is there a way to start over and create some kind of fantasy character sheet where everything matches up?

This has unfortunately been my experience as well
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    So far all offers over 40dil are in pending status no matter i completed requirements.... Having to then wait 24hrs to ticket is adding WORK to this 'free' dil 👎

Also i am now really curious why TP would allow so many offers to require so much of my time playing OTHER games??

After hours spent with No free dil to show for it (unlike several in my fleet having immediately received their dil) i am aggravated to the point of feeling cheated by TP instead. Most disheartening.....yet another way playing field is anything but fair
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    Also i am now really curious why TP would allow so many offers to require so much of my time playing OTHER games??

Quid pro quo.

It seems rather one-sided to assume that this new system is not also directing players from those games to try out STT, does it not?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was kind of curious about it, but since the latest update for Kindle has been a complete dumpster fire...at an oil refinery, next to a fireworks warehouse, I ain't touching it.
    Anyone else having issues with Kindle, bouncing, keyboard not working, or "Voice of the Prophets" choice C being locked even after debating the vedek? Oh, and sometimes a mission won't appear as an option for an item, but it will later ( "Operation: Isolate" and 3* Alcohol, for example). Ads are deranged.
    I'm half tempted to keep a log of every, single glitch for just a single DAY on here. It's a wonder I've not done more than scream at the cat.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I live in Spain and the Offer Wall works for me.

I tried the survey offer (61 dilithium). I have to do a pre-survey of 5 minutes to complete my "profile" (this pre-survey don't ask any personal information and I don't share anything of it), and then I was redirected to the survey itself. And it required 15-20 minutes to complete it, so I exit.

Where can I get that pitchforks, @Bylo Band? :D
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried the highlighted “best” offer whatever that means for 78 dilithium I wanted to test it before I said anything

20-some questions later on some trivia site I was told I didn’t pass and could take a 3 minute quiz to make up for it! Uh, no.

Pass. Waste of time.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who talk like this was a resource drain for WRG:

It looks like they copied a typical button, changed the text, resized it, and linked it to the ad website. My estimation is 20 minutes of work. I could be wrong, of course. But it's relatively unobtrusive. It should be easy to ignore for those who want to do so.

I plan to try it eventually, but I'm a busy adult with many important things to do.
    ⬆️ Fact check: false. I just don't feel like it right now.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s more to it than just a button. That’s the easy part. The delivery system was probably quite a bit more involved.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s more to it than just a button. That’s the easy part. The delivery system was probably quite a bit more involved.

I’m not so sure about that. Once you click on that button I imagine the wall provider did all the coding.

As far as the dil by message. They could have just given similar rights to the provider that they do for their cs agents and let them work out triggering the messages.

• Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

I’m not so sure about that. Once you click on that button I imagine the wall provider did all the coding.

I’m sure you’re right about that.
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    As far as the dil by message. They could have just given similar rights to the provider that they do for their cs agents and let them work out triggering the messages.

That’s the part I was referring to. And maybe it really is that simple. I was thinking this part was probably at least slightly more involved than coding a button, but hey, maybe it’s not.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I dont even see any of this stuff, even after update. counting myself lucky

EDIT: NM i found it. at least its in an ignorible menu
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a deeper integration with this besides the button?

I'm seeing an alarming number of DNS requests to advertisement websites in my ad blocker (pi hole) after updating to the latest version of the game. I'm talking just starting up the game, not interacting with the "free dilithium" button at all.

I have concerns about what information is being sent to these websites and if there is any option to "opt out" entirely of this addition?

The privacy policy for the ad wall mentions that it can collect data about your device including time zone, battery status, mobile carrier, free space, language. It can also collect data from the game including your progress and purchases.

I assumed that was only collected if you interacted with the button, but perhaps not.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    For those who talk like this was a resource drain for WRG:

It looks like they copied a typical button, changed the text, resized it, and linked it to the ad website. My estimation is 20 minutes of work. I could be wrong, of course. But it's relatively unobtrusive. It should be easy to ignore for those who want to do so.

I plan to try it eventually, but I'm a busy adult with many important things to do.
    ⬆️ Fact check: false. I just don't feel like it right now.

It probably wasn't a great deal of dev time, but more resources gets used than that, a flow of something like this tends to go:
    • Somebody, somewhere suggests integrating X
    • Product/Business looks at it
    • PM/BA/PO adds it to backlog
    • Dev team discusses it, splits into a spike ticket and work item ticket
    • Design team has a UX ticket
    • Spike happens, takes maybe half a day
    • Work happens, takes maybe a day including unit and integration tests, and gets checked in and a PR raised (assuming using branch strategy)
    • Once PR completes, regression testing of code, UI testing against various platforms, devices and screen sizes.
    • Move into a path-to-live process

A lot goes on around the dev stuff, and everywhere has its own bureaucratic and political aspects to account for too.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    furyd wrote: »
    Calhoun wrote: »
    The privacy policy for the ad wall mentions that it can collect data about your device including time zone, battery status, mobile carrier, free space, language. It can also collect data from the game including your progress and purchases.

I assumed that was only collected if you interacted with the button, but perhaps not.

If it collects data without my informed consent, that's a breach of GDPR regulations in the EU and UK.

I am fine with it collecting such data IF I use it, if I'm not using it, it has zero business logging anything.

Also in order for them to trade in the EU they would have to comply with that regulation. So I sincerely hope they are complying, I never thought I'd have to consider going to a consumer Ombudsman before but this really is pushing me in that direction.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO